Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:04:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SELFKEY] ID Wallet for Citizenship, Incorporation, Fintech, Banking, Exchanges  (Read 37459 times)
Robert M. Turner

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:56:39 PM

Selfkey's last blog post explained it a little bit. There's great potential here and we don't want to put it at stake!

Omg what a cool project. How did I not see this earlier?
Dudes I wish you all the best, keeping a close eye on you

You gotta keep your eyes peeled for the GOOD projects! Too many coming into the industry but some (like SK) stick out! Glad to be contributing to the project!
Paul J. Tapia

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:09:51 PM

Digital id is the next major move in the blockchain space. SelfKey is in prime position.

Yes, and a necessary move as well!
Look at Indias Adhaar project - where the government tries to centralize all its citizens digital ID's.... man this is dangerous!

But all this may on the upside raise peoples awareness about their digital ID.  This is like Orwellian warfare

Could you see a project like Self-Key being implemented into a country like this w/ states? I understand the Nigerian fed. government allowed their states to do as they please, as this identity wallet could be very beneficial to countries that centralize all of their peoples IDs.

Problem is still the regulatory side. If people in lets say India start to adopt SelfKey, but every bank, insurance and mcdonalds requires them to have an Adhaar ID - bad.
However, Things like SelfKey would still work in an international context. This would give firther incentive to offshore bank accounts and such - which on the long run could prove dtrimental to indian economy

Okay, cool thanks for responding! This could boost India's economy tremendously but it'd take a lot of time to implement. I'm all for seeing how SelfKey will operate in 3rd world countries
William B. Cowan

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:29:03 PM

"Q: Why do you need a native token?

A: SelfKey will require participants to stake a certain amount of KEY tokens to access the network. This prevents spam, decreases the total amount of float, and encourages people to buy and hold KEY, and act in accordance with the trust framework (legal agreement) so that relying parties don’t for instance, misuse identity data — because if they do, they will lose their stake. Identity owners will need to hold a certain amount of KEY to unlock marketplaces also. We call this, proof of reputational stake and bonded notaries."

This is quite clever I have to admit

Very smart and needed indeed! Their team - builds technology at the intersection of finance and law - this makes sense, plain simple.
By the way, blog posts are available to grasp the vision and Review each of the accomplished milestones so far https://blog.selfkey.org/selfkey-q-a-6c2c0773469c

They're definitely on their way to success. Implementing strategies and executing them to the best of their potential.

Edit: These guys write better blog posts than most of the projects I'm into. Very descriptive and understanding
Earl D. Perkinson

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:49:19 PM

I see your public sale opens sometime in January. Is there a link or how do I join the whitelist?
Travis L. Griffin

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:04:12 PM

A: SelfKey will require participants to stake a certain amount of KEY tokens to access the network. This prevents spam, decreases the total amount of float, and encourages people to buy and hold KEY, and act in accordance with the trust framework (legal agreement) so that relying parties don’t for instance, misuse identity data — because if they do, they will lose their stake. Identity owners will need to hold a certain amount of KEY to unlock marketplaces also. We call this, proof of reputational stake and bonded notaries."

Very smart and needed indeed! Their team - builds technology at the intersection of finance and law - this makes sense, plain simple.
By the way, blog posts are available to grasp the vision and Review each of the accomplished milestones so far https://blog.selfkey.org/selfkey-q-a-6c2c0773469c

They're definitely on their way to success. Implementing strategies and executing them to the best of their potential.

Edit: These guys write better blog posts than most of the projects I'm into. Very descriptive and understanding

NTL; TR;
Here is an interesting personal story from one supporter a SelfKEy community member, a good one to read. Thank you Ken for it, wherever you might be))

"To be honest - - - - -, I'm very new to the crypto world. I pretty much only discovered Selfkey through the involvement of someone I know. I knew about cryptocurrencies at a kind of popular level, but I had never speculated on them or anything like that. I’m a factory worker with a baby on the way. I’m pretty busy!

Even the little info I had (mainly secondary info from tech podcasts to be honest) — along with a partial understanding of the problem of data protection — was enough to make me realise that Selfkey is potentially revolutionary.

I've been doing a lot of reading to catch up on the whole crypto business, mainly as background to understanding part of the solution that Selfkey offers. I still know almost nothing (but I still know enough to get me into trouble if I'm not careful!)

As part of that process I have been forced to read an awful lot of forum waffle (not much here, to be fair) in my attempt to learn. One thing I know for sure is that a lot of the noise around the crypto scene is largely just that — noise. I know this because I was once a teenager on the Internet.

I have long wished for an opportunity to invest in something worthwhile (though I am but a humble man of modest means 😄) and I believe that Selfkey offers a solution to a real problem using cutting-edge technology that is presented in an accessible package. It wasn’t until last week, when I sought to buy ETH for the first time that I realised what a boiling sewer the whole cryptocurrency business is for ordinary people who want to make a start (though I know that Selfkey offers much more than access to coin exchanges).

I am a convinced capitalist, and I think that Selfkey brings even more to the table than a solution to a real problem (important as that is). I think that Selfkey is a service that could bring about a real forward step for individual economic liberty.

And more than that, I think the timing is perfect. We all know that regulators are turning Sauron’s eye on the entire crypto scene. Now is the time to get out ahead of them. Once enough people have tasted the liberty that a service like Selfkey offers, then the momentum could be irresistible. And guess what? Selfkey offers a way for regulators to integrate with aspects of the service of needs be.

I’m not an expert by any means, but I like to get an understanding of first principles. And a broad understanding is better than none at all. And I’m quite excited to witness this, more excited still to participate in it.

Keep up the good work, folks."

This is what the present is about IMHO: grassroots individuals supporting and empowering change.

Do you live in a country where SelfKey could be implemented and used to better the economy? I'm in Canada and I'm not sure it'll be too big, but like others said India and 3rd world countries can really benefit
Eric O. Owen

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:13:46 PM

Man theres some interesting discussion on your subreddit going on.
Your marketplace feels like a shopping mall for global players
It's gonna be the next "Digital 'Mall of America'" metaphorically. There's plenty of potential around this project as a whole

Maybe not of "America" but I see where you're going with this lol. A worldwide implementation would GNARLY for everyone to have a choice
Robert M. Turner

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:20:20 PM

Man theres some interesting discussion on your subreddit going on.
Your marketplace feels like a shopping mall for global players
It's gonna be the next "Digital 'Mall of America'" metaphorically. There's plenty of potential around this project as a whole

Maybe not of "America" but I see where you're going with this lol. A worldwide implementation would GNARLY for everyone to have a choice
Glad we're on the same page. Would be cool but would cause a lot of discrepancies in countries where it's useless. For eg. if someone in America wanted to go thru with this process it would prevent them from a few things, like banking, traveling, etc right? Or just add delays to whatever because your ID isn't reading right and isn't in THEIR database.
Earl D. Perkinson

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:22:30 PM

I see your public sale opens sometime in January. Is there a link or how do I join the whitelist?

White-listed addresses will be able to participate in the pre-sale, and no amount will be reserved. Public tokensale will begin in January 2018 and detailed information will be announced soon on the following days so stay tuned))

Excellent, thanks for the quick response. I understand there is the pre-sale. Any way to be a part of it or is it too late?
Paul J. Tapia

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:20:48 PM

NTL; TR;
Here is an interesting personal story from one supporter a SelfKEy community member, a good one to read. Thank you Ken for it, wherever you might be))

"To be honest - - - - -, I'm very new to the crypto world. I pretty much only discovered Selfkey through the involvement of someone I know. I knew about cryptocurrencies at a kind of popular level, but I had never speculated on them or anything like that. I’m a factory worker with a baby on the way. I’m pretty busy!

Even the little info I had (mainly secondary info from tech podcasts to be honest) — along with a partial understanding of the problem of data protection — was enough to make me realise that Selfkey is potentially revolutionary.

I've been doing a lot of reading to catch up on the whole crypto business, mainly as background to understanding part of the solution that Selfkey offers. I still know almost nothing (but I still know enough to get me into trouble if I'm not careful!)

As part of that process I have been forced to read an awful lot of forum waffle (not much here, to be fair) in my attempt to learn. One thing I know for sure is that a lot of the noise around the crypto scene is largely just that — noise. I know this because I was once a teenager on the Internet.

I have long wished for an opportunity to invest in something worthwhile (though I am but a humble man of modest means 😄) and I believe that Selfkey offers a solution to a real problem using cutting-edge technology that is presented in an accessible package. It wasn’t until last week, when I sought to buy ETH for the first time that I realised what a boiling sewer the whole cryptocurrency business is for ordinary people who want to make a start (though I know that Selfkey offers much more than access to coin exchanges).

I am a convinced capitalist, and I think that Selfkey brings even more to the table than a solution to a real problem (important as that is). I think that Selfkey is a service that could bring about a real forward step for individual economic liberty.

And more than that, I think the timing is perfect. We all know that regulators are turning Sauron’s eye on the entire crypto scene. Now is the time to get out ahead of them. Once enough people have tasted the liberty that a service like Selfkey offers, then the momentum could be irresistible. And guess what? Selfkey offers a way for regulators to integrate with aspects of the service of needs be.

I’m not an expert by any means, but I like to get an understanding of first principles. And a broad understanding is better than none at all. And I’m quite excited to witness this, more excited still to participate in it.

This is what the present is about IMHO: grassroots individuals supporting and empowering change.

Do you live in a country where SelfKey could be implemented and used to better the economy? I'm in Canada and I'm not sure it'll be too big, but like others said India and 3rd world countries can really benefit

To market the product, SelfKey is focused in Asia no doubt about it, i'm not in Asia but most people know that it is the fastest and largest Fintech region at this point in time (and almost the whole core team is based in South East Asia if i'm not mistaken so take that in consideration when contacting them, UTC+6,7)), and they have shared information having partnerships with non-blockchain firms too! have a look if haven't had the chance to review it:
- NTL Immigration. Largest and oldest Citizenship and residency by investment agent in Central America.
- Global Advisory Group: Bulgaria citizenship by investment authorized agent.
- Vanuatu information center: Vanuatu’s citizenship by investment authorized agent.
Flag Theory/Passports.IO/Residencies.IO/BankAccounts.IO/Incorporations.IO: International Incorporation, Bank Account introductions and Immigration services provider.
- Levera Limited: Grenada government approved CBI real estate developer.
- DollarSmart: p2p money transfer services
- TNG Hong Kong: eWallet covering 8 Asian countries.
- Titan FX: Foreign exchange -Forex-, metal and commodities broker.
- ECI Developments – Real estate developer in Nicaragua.
- Varnavas Law firm – Greece Residency by investment provider.
- International Insurance – Insurance Broker

Regarding "3rd world countries can really benefit", i've come to see there is only One (1) single world;)) one single world in which you can find: restraints and surplus of all sorts, Everywhere. Excess and lack of resources (including monetary resources of course!) everywhere, even within the so-called rich nations.
Developing nations - will be the first to benefit definitely, and that's good to aim, and that would be just the starting point.
Now, specifically about SelfKey tokensale only residents of US, China and NZ cannot participate.

"Developing nations - will be the first to benefit definitely, and that's good to aim, and that would be just the starting point."

THIS! ^^^ and once the 'richer' countries come into play it'll be one of the greatest, most disruptive projects on the blockchain. I wish you all the BEST of luck!
wancho

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:09:50 AM

A broad services for the financial industry governing and securing Identity in the ICO events. I think it would make the cryptocurrency near the mainstream with such technology and a broad scope of the product's use. Just a question, does the app indicates the rules or give details regarding the legal issues/limitation of participation of other countries when joining an ICO? that's a small detail but KYC is created for that right  ?
marcgv

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:20:08 AM

A broad services for the financial industry governing and securing Identity in the ICO events. I think it would make the cryptocurrency near the mainstream with such technology and a broad scope of the product's use. Just a question, does the app indicates the rules or give details regarding the legal issues/limitation of participation of other countries when joining an ICO? that's a small detail but KYC is created for that right  ?

Hi ,

Thank you for your words

SelfKey is not a legal advisor.

We do not provide legal services and therefore we do not advise on what countries should be accepted or what level of KYC should be done.

SelfKey puts the technology and the platform, so Token Sales can conduct KYC at the highest standards and users can participate in an easily and seamlessly way, as well as purchase tokens, sending ETH directly from the same wallet. But we cannot and do not want to provide legal advise.

SelfKey is not limited to Token Sales, the marketplace and services available will be broad, such as citizenship by investment, company incorporation, exchange signup, fintech products, among many others.

You can check it at http://alpha.selfkey.org/marketplace . This is the marketplace demo, and all these market verticals will be available. We have already the partnerships in place for that.

Kind regards,

Marc
CryptoConan

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:41:48 AM

NTL; TR;

To market the product, SelfKey is focused in Asia no doubt about it, i'm not in Asia but most people know that it is the fastest and largest Fintech region at this point in time (and almost the whole core team is based in South East Asia if i'm not mistaken so take that in consideration when contacting them, UTC+6,7)), and they have shared information having partnerships with non-blockchain firms too! have a look if haven't had the chance to review it:
- NTL Immigration. Largest and oldest Citizenship and residency by investment agent in Central America.
- Global Advisory Group: Bulgaria citizenship by investment authorized agent.
- Vanuatu information center: Vanuatu’s citizenship by investment authorized agent.
Flag Theory/Passports.IO/Residencies.IO/BankAccounts.IO/Incorporations.IO: International Incorporation, Bank Account introductions and Immigration services provider.
- Levera Limited: Grenada government approved CBI real estate developer.
- DollarSmart: p2p money transfer services
- TNG Hong Kong: eWallet covering 8 Asian countries.
- Titan FX: Foreign exchange -Forex-, metal and commodities broker.
- ECI Developments – Real estate developer in Nicaragua.
- Varnavas Law firm – Greece Residency by investment provider.
- International Insurance – Insurance Broker

Regarding "3rd world countries can really benefit", i've come to see there is only One (1) single world;)) one single world in which you can find: restraints and surplus of all sorts, Everywhere. Excess and lack of resources (including monetary resources of course!) everywhere, even within the so-called rich nations.
Developing nations - will be the first to benefit definitely, and that's good to aim, and that would be just the starting point.
Now, specifically about SelfKey tokensale only residents of US, China and NZ cannot participate.

"Developing nations - will be the first to benefit definitely, and that's good to aim, and that would be just the starting point."

THIS! ^^^ and once the 'richer' countries come into play it'll be one of the greatest, most disruptive projects on the blockchain. I wish you all the BEST of luck!

Can be quite disruptive,  but I think the project opens up many channels to incorporate existing legacy structures into the system rather than destroing them.  For example the notaries,  they will keep their job,  but ratify id bits on the blockchain rather than papers
DylerTurden

Activity: 67

PradBitt

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:35:11 AM

Just read this article, relates well to your discussion guys:

https://cryptobtcnews.website/selfkey-will-greatly-aid-the-expansion-of-the-fintech-sector/
CryptoConan

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:46:00 AM

Just read this article, relates well to your discussion guys:

https://cryptobtcnews.website/selfkey-will-greatly-aid-the-expansion-of-the-fintech-sector/

Yes!  Thats exactly what Im talking  about!
Aiding  the industry rather than disrupting it.
PipiPoo

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:54:58 AM

Oh man, I can relate to the story of applying for a credit card and then getting flooded with “deals” from companies like Mastercard, Visa, Barclays, and American Categorical...

Centralized ID Information sucks - just look at how our data gets handed around
JordiDrago

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:04:19 AM

Also timing of SelfKey couldnt be better.

BTC just breached the 10k mark and is now slowly making the public aware about Blockchain Technology. Perfect
JonathanSix

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:50:03 AM

Just read your whitepaper,
the solution of storing the ID Info locally on the users device and just sharing HASHES of necessary ID parts over the blockchain is superclever.

There is no better way.
Will check out that marketplace that everyone talks about now
Kingofthe80ss

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:48:47 AM

Oh man, I can relate to the story of applying for a credit card and then getting flooded with “deals” from companies like Mastercard, Visa, Barclays, and American Categorical...

Centralized ID Information sucks - just look at how our data gets handed around

May be a noob question, but how secure are these hashes actually?
CryptoConan

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:07:51 AM

Also timing of SelfKey couldnt be better.

BTC just breached the 10k mark and is now slowly making the public aware about Blockchain Technology. Perfect

Yeah,  the devs seem pretty clever at everything they do so its probably no coincidence they waited so long  with going public.  I mean the project has been in silent development for years
NotVitalik

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:17:03 PM

Wait, so you can actually buy Passports with SelfKey?
I thought this was some kind of joke or publicity stunt

Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: