Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:34:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DAO PlayMarket 2.0 - App Store based on the blockchain and smart contracts  (Read 53549 times)
Bambulee

Activity: 532
Merit: 297

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:57:56 PM

At least developers will probably want to use it because fees are too low comparing the others.

It's not all about fees. There also have to be enough users. Otherwise, what would be the meaning behind developing something nobody will see and use later on. So yeah, a wide adoption is necessary.

Yes, if there are not enough user, there will also be no developers as developing costs money.

yep, pretty much this. the team will need to intensely promote this app store if they want to succeed.

That's why they will dump all invested money into marketing. They don't need money to develop the app because they have already a company in place, Crypton.Studio

Well I think most ICO funds will go to marketing. If you look at the some of the recent icons the invested money is mainly for marketing, only small parts for IT and Development.

hope also thats the most of the fund will be for marketing.
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2856
Merit: 605

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:58:32 PM

Yes the period seems to be better for ico. DAO Playmarket is a good project and will profit of that I think. The platform will have a lot of features to attract people, im impatient to start using it.
yes after the annonce of fork cancelation situation of all ico is much improved,low fee for apps developer will attracts a large number of programmers who will have more chances to distribute their products...
haxllega

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:00:00 PM

How much fees they will charge from apps devepopers?

A lot less than Google and Apple, I need to find back the numbers.
Does anybody know how much Google and Apple charge? I think between 10-20%. Am I right?

Bambulee

Activity: 532
Merit: 297

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:07:46 PM

it will be very fair, but i dont know how much.
Amelie Poulain

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:08:19 PM

Yes the period seems to be better for ico. DAO Playmarket is a good project and will profit of that I think. The platform will have a lot of features to attract people, im impatient to start using it.
yes after the annonce of fork cancelation situation of all ico is much improved,low fee for apps developer will attracts a large number of programmers who will have more chances to distribute their products...
I agree, the situation on the crypto market can be said to have stabilized, now there is one strong and independent bitcoin, altcoins will be more stable too. I think DAO PlayMarket 2.0 appeared at convenient time
loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:12:38 PM

it will be very fair, but i dont know how much.
If you don't know the amount how can you know that's going to be fair? Grin
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:12:58 PM

At least developers will probably want to use it because fees are too low comparing the others.

It's not all about fees. There also have to be enough users. Otherwise, what would be the meaning behind developing something nobody will see and use later on. So yeah, a wide adoption is necessary.

Yes, if there are not enough user, there will also be no developers as developing costs money.

yep, pretty much this. the team will need to intensely promote this app store if they want to succeed.

That's why they will dump all invested money into marketing. They don't need money to develop the app because they have already a company in place, Crypton.Studio

Well I think most ICO funds will go to marketing. If you look at the some of the recent icons the invested money is mainly for marketing, only small parts for IT and Development.

hope also thats the most of the fund will be for marketing.

Yes it's written into the whitepaper that every money raised will go into marketing. If you want to attract users and devs it's the only way I think

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:20:54 PM

I agree, the situation on the crypto market can be said to have stabilized, now there is one strong and independent bitcoin, altcoins will be more stable too. I think DAO PlayMarket 2.0 appeared at convenient time
We will see a more stable market know. In October everybody was nervous about missing the fork but now money will float back to ICOs.

sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:06:01 PM

Does anybody know how much Google and Apple charge? I think between 10-20%. Am I right?

That sounds way too high for any retailer fees.
loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:30:07 PM

I have found this news, if true the fees are higer than I never thought.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/19/16502152/google-play-store-android-apple-app-store-subscription-revenue-cut
Amelie Poulain

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:56:15 PM

current Play Market I think takes a large percentage from paid apps
now there will be alternative - and it's great!
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:13:47 PM

Yes DAO Playmarket will offer the possibility to invest in apps, it’s a pretty disruptive feature. The project will open the apps market to blockchain and smart contract, and also open invest possibility.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:36:37 PM

Yes DAO Playmarket will offer the possibility to invest in apps, it’s a pretty disruptive feature. The project will open the apps market to blockchain and smart contract, and also open invest possibility.

yes, the most interesting thing is, that you will get dividents from the apps developer you have invested your tokens before. this is for a investor really interesting Smiley
Vansire

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:23:55 PM

The 'industry standard' for apps and games on play stores and game platforms like Steam and Origin is 30% although officially there's an NDA i.e. you're not allowed to talk about it.

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
greatteager

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:33:16 PM

yes, the most interesting thing is, that you will get dividents from the apps developer you have invested your tokens before. this is for a investor really interesting Smiley
What dividends will be from applications? When will the project start to make a profit?
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:36:22 PM

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/19/16502152/google-play-store-android-apple-app-store-subscription-revenue-cut

Holy crap, you are right. Those are some ridiculously high fees. I wouldn't believe it without a source. Thanks for linking it. At least it should be easy to beat those fees.
Vansire

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:43:15 PM

Holy crap, you are right. Those are some ridiculously high fees. I wouldn't believe it without a source. Thanks for linking it. At least it should be easy to beat those fees.

But a commission of only 1% is the opposite. Will that be enough to cover costs? Although there's another source of income, 5% on app tokens.

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
greatteager

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:50:10 PM

Earlier in the thread, I've mentioned about free apps being published on the DAOPM App Store by developers, and I wonder if  what will be the implications with regards to this scenario.

Yeah good that you came up with this again, there hasn't been a statement on free apps with ads from any of the team so far.

I am not sure how would the profits would be distributed if devs got money via google ads for example. That would be confusing as hell to distribute and explaining in taxes why are using your income from google to buying cryptocurrencies and sending them to anonymous people.

What benefits can a developer obtain from the App store if his or her app is published for free and vice versa?
To start, it will be free to increase the number of users, and then make a fee.
Vansire

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:59:36 PM

Earlier in the thread, I've mentioned about free apps being published on the DAOPM App Store by developers, and I wonder if  what will be the implications with regards to this scenario.

Yeah good that you came up with this again, there hasn't been a statement on free apps with ads from any of the team so far.

I am not sure how would the profits would be distributed if devs got money via google ads for example. That would be confusing as hell to distribute and explaining in taxes why are using your income from google to buying cryptocurrencies and sending them to anonymous people.

What benefits can a developer obtain from the App store if his or her app is published for free and vice versa?
To start, it will be free to increase the number of users, and then make a fee.

Was that confirmed or are you just making that up? I thought that was just a suggestion from some people in here.

martinholly167

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:28:13 AM

Playmarket just tweeted https://twitter.com/en_playmarket2/status/929919493605863424

Wow!😍
We collected the first million investments!
Congratulations!🎉🎊

but on their site I see this: RAISED 991 538 USD

what is happening with counters lately?

great news, now we are over a million  Smiley

They already had 1mil$ on their counter but because bitcoin value went to so much in went under but now they clearly have more backers.

Is that good? because $ 1 million is quite a lot, although still in the journey at least they are able to do that.
Dont worry about bitcoin price, it will recover again anyway and then start the new bullrun.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: