Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:04:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DAO PlayMarket 2.0 - App Store based on the blockchain and smart contracts  (Read 53549 times)
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:48:55 AM

At least developers will probably want to use it because fees are too low comparing the others.

It's not all about fees. There also have to be enough users. Otherwise, what would be the meaning behind developing something nobody will see and use later on. So yeah, a wide adoption is necessary.
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:54:32 AM

At least developers will probably want to use it because fees are too low comparing the others.

It's not all about fees. There also have to be enough users. Otherwise, what would be the meaning behind developing something nobody will see and use later on. So yeah, a wide adoption is necessary.

Yes, if there are not enough user, there will also be no developers as developing costs money.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:54:56 PM

Yes, if there are not enough user, there will also be no developers as developing costs money.

yep, pretty much this. the team will need to intensely promote this app store if they want to succeed.

Bambulee

Activity: 532
Merit: 297

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:04:47 PM

1 million is a great accomplishment. This should be enough to get the project started, but I don't actually know what their soft cap is?

I asked this before and it seems like they don't have a soft cap but will work with every amount of money they can raise.

This is very good news, if it is true. More safe to invest if they can assure investors the project will work without soft cap demands.

yes thats very good news, better they will work without soft cap demands.
tiger5056

Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:13:35 PM

yep, pretty much this. the team will need to intensely promote this app store if they want to succeed.

some good project goes under radar. nice concept.  I agree they need to push more marketing efforts. may be more bounty?

toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:15:11 PM

Thats true, since google app store has become a default app store for android, daopm needs to work very hard in the promotion.
bitcoinbulk

Activity: 280

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 01:21:45 PM

why it's better than usual App Store?
That will be the central question. I think many people will need good reasons to change the app store.

They have some nice qualities like investing in apps, easy ICOs, decentralization, lower fees, but there will be indeed hard to attract a huge base of users to new app store.
1 thing that interest me is we will see many other great apps that arent provided by google app store.

This is true, im using few that are not listed myself, nothing illegal, but they get censored for various reasons

I've seen apps not get allowed for stupid reasons. Just because its not on the app store doesnt mean its not a great app. I think this is where Dao playmarket can really shine.

lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:25:32 PM

Earlier in the thread, I've mentioned about free apps being published on the DAOPM App Store by developers, and I wonder if  what will be the implications with regards to this scenario.
Sozialtourist

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:31:24 PM

Earlier in the thread, I've mentioned about free apps being published on the DAOPM App Store by developers, and I wonder if  what will be the implications with regards to this scenario.

Yeah good that you came up with this again, there hasn't been a statement on free apps with ads from any of the team so far.
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:01:20 PM

Yeah good that you came up with this again, there hasn't been a statement on free apps with ads from any of the team so far.

I am not sure how would the profits would be distributed if devs got money via google ads for example. That would be confusing as hell to distribute and explaining in taxes why are using your income from google to buying cryptocurrencies and sending them to anonymous people.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:43:26 PM

How much fees they will charge from apps devepopers?
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:24:58 PM

After the recent bitcoin value raise, the situation with their ICO seems better immediately. A huge part of it was happening when BTC was well over 7k$ so i think current amount on their counter does not show the real value of this project.

Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:36:37 PM

What is Playmarkets strategy to gain mass adoption of users? How will you attract new users?

Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:54:05 PM

Yes the period seems to be better for ico. DAO Playmarket is a good project and will profit of that I think. The platform will have a lot of features to attract people, im impatient to start using it.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:00:49 PM

What is Playmarkets strategy to gain mass adoption of users? How will you attract new users?

I doubt they have a concrete answer to your question. The fact is google store have a massive support and user base and i will be hard to lure users to PlayMarket 2.0. I think we have to be patient.

Jay2408

Activity: 518

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:11:45 PM

I doubt they have a concrete answer to your question. The fact is google store have a massive support and user base and i will be hard to lure users to PlayMarket 2.0. I think we have to be patient.

Actually, they have already outlined in their whitepaper the measures how to attract users. Interesting, that they plan to involve celebrities  Smiley

"The main goal of this campaign is to increase loyalty and gain the trust of users. To achieve his goal, we will launch native advertising on thematic Internet resources of different languages with MAUs over 120 thousand and involve celebrities in our project"

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:07:56 PM

That's why they will dump all invested money into marketing. They don't need money to develop the app because they have already a company in place, Crypton.Studio

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:16:28 PM

That's why they will dump all invested money into marketing. They don't need money to develop the app because they have already a company in place, Crypton.Studio

Well I think most ICO funds will go to marketing. If you look at the some of the recent icons the invested money is mainly for marketing, only small parts for IT and Development.
belechau

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:20:42 PM

It will be even more wonderful, cutting-edge marketing. project well prepared for each stage, this differentiates them from those who work or try to do a job at that level. Dao came to steal the scene.
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:43:42 PM

How much fees they will charge from apps devepopers?

A lot less than Google and Apple, I need to find back the numbers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: