Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:30:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DAO PlayMarket 2.0 - App Store based on the blockchain and smart contracts  (Read 53556 times)
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:18:07 PM

I think the amount raised is pretty good, the project can go on 1 million i think and DAO Playmarket raised more than this amount. The project is disruptive and I hope it will go far.
Elkmar

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:52:25 PM

I think the amount raised is pretty good, the project can go on 1 million i think and DAO Playmarket raised more than this amount. The project is disruptive and I hope it will go far.

If the marketcap is small it let a lot of room to grow.
loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:41:42 PM

ICO Raised 1 248 457 USD now Smiley

Wow, off to a way better start than I would have anticipated. Way to go! Grin

That's actually a very big start imo. This amount of money is actually already good for a very decent online marketing campaign.

With that amount they should be able to continue with the project no matter how the ICO ends.
greatteager

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:49:25 PM

That's actually a very big start imo. This amount of money is actually already good for a very decent online marketing campaign.

With that amount they should be able to continue with the project no matter how the ICO ends.
What is the minimum cap in ICO? How much is the maximum cap?
Vansire

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:57:30 PM

Does anyone know if it's allowed to sell an app simultaneously in multiple app stores at different prices?

Why not, its your product and you can do with it whatever you want, you can also start a private auction and sell it there if you want.

Not sure if the appstore or playstore wants a contract being accepted that the distribution should be only done via their store for their platform versions. I haven't read their rules but maybe someone can weight in.
I never heard or read about such a contract at android apps. I also think that you can sell ist fo every price you want.

Let's say a developer crowdfunds their app on PlayMarket and there's no contract. The developer then upload their app to other stores.  How do you as an investor get your money back when most sales come from the Google Play Store?

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:59:47 PM

Because BTC is skyrocketing again (and some of my alts are already in the red Embarrassed). Well that's a good amount, just remember that all money will go into marketing
Then they should be able to have a good marketing campaign with this amount.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:34:30 AM

They have good adversiting. Here is article about them on cointelegraph
https://cointelegraph.com/news/co-creation-playmarket-aspires-to-be-nasdaq-of-google-apps
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:13:13 AM

Because BTC is skyrocketing again (and some of my alts are already in the red Embarrassed). Well that's a good amount, just remember that all money will go into marketing
Then they should be able to have a good marketing campaign with this amount.

I agree. Social media campaigns should be aggressive plus a Youtube ad would even be great.
Coinmarketcap ads is a good option too  Grin
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:20:54 AM

Google require a one time fee of 25$ to start publishing your apps. Then they get 30% of the profit generated by you app if any.

I think it is good to ask for initial fee, otherwise everyone would dump their apps on the platform. But 30% of your profit seems like too much. If Playmarket can really lower that fee, like they promise, it may be attract a lot of developers.

If you want to avoid dumping apps at their platform 25$ is a bit low ... that's something a school kid can offord with his pocket money lol
To attract developer, sure it's one point to lower the fee, but also to have a big enough userbase. If they don't have enough user, why should developer go to PlayMarket? 25$ is nothing for an developer and if they have the chance to get much more income through the official app store, even with higher percentage, they probably will choose this. But maybe I am wrong. Maybe there is need for another store.

I dont know about that. 25$ is a lot of money in a lot of countries around the world.
I think it is always good for the market if companies dont have a monopoly position. If PlayMarket can come up with a good strategy to attract users and developers, it is a good idea. I shared this link before:
https://techcrunch.com/2017/03/03/u-s-consumers-now-spend-5-hours-per-day-on-mobile-devices/

The app market is very interesting to invest in

Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 04:25:01 AM

It seems to be a good amount but doing advertising for thier platform and marketing in general is not going to be cheap
Bambulee

Activity: 532
Merit: 297

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:55:13 AM

Google require a one time fee of 25$ to start publishing your apps. Then they get 30% of the profit generated by you app if any.

I think it is good to ask for initial fee, otherwise everyone would dump their apps on the platform. But 30% of your profit seems like too much. If Playmarket can really lower that fee, like they promise, it may be attract a lot of developers.

If you want to avoid dumping apps at their platform 25$ is a bit low ... that's something a school kid can offord with his pocket money lol
To attract developer, sure it's one point to lower the fee, but also to have a big enough userbase. If they don't have enough user, why should developer go to PlayMarket? 25$ is nothing for an developer and if they have the chance to get much more income through the official app store, even with higher percentage, they probably will choose this. But maybe I am wrong. Maybe there is need for another store.

I dont know about that. 25$ is a lot of money in a lot of countries around the world.
I think it is always good for the market if companies dont have a monopoly position. If PlayMarket can come up with a good strategy to attract users and developers, it is a good idea. I shared this link before:
https://techcrunch.com/2017/03/03/u-s-consumers-now-spend-5-hours-per-day-on-mobile-devices/

The app market is very interesting to invest in

lets take a look into the techcrunch, thanks for sharing.
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:43:33 AM

I'm still thinking on how it will be possible to run the app on IOS.
Except for side loading I don't see a way.
Can the dev's comment on this please?
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:53:33 AM

you'll probably be able to do it by jailbreaking your phone. that how everything else that isn't approved by apple works.

Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 06:55:30 AM

you'll probably be able to do it by jailbreaking your phone. that how everything else that isn't approved by apple works.

Yes it sounds a bit harsh, but is foing to be like that. Unless the dev have some other plan in mind?
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:21:37 AM

Yes and if you have a warranty case your warranty isn't working anylonger. Also you go on risk to break your phone by jailbreaking Wink
I still don't think there will be a big userbase for Apple especially not big enough to get developers working on apps for this. But maybe for Android there is one.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:14:20 AM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/co-creation-playmarket-aspires-to-be-nasdaq-of-google-apps

Thanks for the article, I had not seen it.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:22:35 AM

Interview with an adviser of DAO PlayMarket 2.0 Ilya Churakov
https://youtu.be/c9unuPcQpss
juarezweiss

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 08:27:25 AM

That's a hugely awesome project!
Are you accepting translations? Can I reserve for Portuguese?
viljy

Activity: 1806
Merit: 957

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:50:47 AM

This is a good article. Written shortly and clearly. The main advantage for clients is the ability to invest in applications. That is, like a little ICO inside the store itself. The collected amount of more than 1 million indicates that the project is a success.
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:15:15 AM

Yes and if you have a warranty case your warranty isn't working anylonger. Also you go on risk to break your phone by jailbreaking Wink
I still don't think there will be a big userbase for Apple especially not big enough to get developers working on apps for this. But maybe for Android there is one.

I think there are many users with Apple phones.
If the app is ready, it should not be so difficult to hire an programmer who will port the app to Apple.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: