Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:34:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is trading Bitcoin and other alts still profitable?  (Read 4718 times)
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:19:10 AM

Trading is not a easy method for earning money. At this stage, trading still profitable but you should know the basic rules of it. Trading on altcoin is more profitable than bitcoin. Bitcoin is now for holding.

In bitcoin system trading is a one of the step in bitcoin process and it includes selling and buying ,the selling bitcoin is a sell the bitcoin to invester and compare to fast trading altcoin profitable at now and by natural trading is most profitable in order of some one generally one can get loss and one can get profit and this are the trading bitcoin and other alt still profitable.
weeder

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:32:45 AM

After a drop in bitcoin price.I recommend trading with altcoins.
Bitcoin can rise only after 2018.Till then ppl can invest in alts rising their price too
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2366
Merit: 342

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:45:29 AM

Trading both of them are really profitable because if you know how to trade very well then you can easily just trade them and make a lot of profit because they are both volatile and if i were you, i will go for altcoin trading because you can earn a lot of money because of the cheap price but also more volatile than bitcoin.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:10:29 AM

Some are winners and some are losers, that's a fact. For you to gain, someone else has to make a loss. For example I am  along term holder of btc and some coins. Last 24 hours I have seen my portfolio go down by 20% If I had sold both my coins and btc yesterday and gone back in today to buy I would have 20% more coins or cash as profit. I hate day trading so at the moment I am in a loss since July, but since January, as I started out with 0, I am still in profit technically. You can make gains, but really you need to be able to trade along the pumps and dumps, dips.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Budugbass

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:20:49 AM

The smart traders, I'm sure it has gotten some profits from their trading. Whatever happens to Bitcoin and Altcoins price developments over time, I believe they can surely to deal everything with their strategies and observations of any price developments.
Strategy and good observation on price developments, it's surely can be cope on everything in trading I guess. And didn't rule out in trading Bitcoin or Altcoins still can be providing a profits opportunities.
On me, I'm still on the steps of learning on trading till now to become a reliable trader. Roll Eyes
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:47:57 PM

Yes i guess it's still profitable if you are thinking about the long term. I think this business just started because now everyone involved to crypto currency. If you want to play safe you have to spread your risk, try to buy some altcoins too.
rfouziha

Activity: 160
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:04:38 PM

Trading bitcoin and other altcoins are still profitable only on their own values and same like bitcoin performance. But it all depend upon the risk which you are going to take only. Lot of pump and dumps taking places which are not identified. So at present just buy the bitcon and hold it for few months if you are short term investor and if you have enough time to wait go with bitcoin for long time basis which can give you the multiple fold of invested amount in return.
nerverd99

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:07:02 PM

I was a trader awhile back, I want to say about a year ago now and wanted to know what the current state of the market is for the traders that are currently trading to this day? I know a lot of the current exchanges that I used for trading, such as Poloniex, are still around but aren't really being used much as before.

I wasn't able to profit much but would like to hear how people are doing these days. Thanks a ton!
I think,better to hold bitcoins for long term instead of doing trading.Trading has a lot of risks and it is not easy at the moment.Buy and hold is often more profitable
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:19:39 PM

Yes trading Bitcoin and other altcoins still profitable, because every day thousands of new investors come to buy and trade this crypto currencies and that's will help to make such currencies more stables and to increase their prices as well.
eddyhalim

Merit: 10

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:23:33 PM

i think bitcoin and other altcoins is still bring us profit from trading more than we think, specially with bitcoin, it is till very unstable, we can still use this fluctuation to earn high profit from trading.

jayhawk1

Activity: 352

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:05:57 PM

Trading is not a easy method for earning money. At this stage, trading still profitable but you should know the basic rules of it. Trading on altcoin is more profitable than bitcoin. Bitcoin is now for holding.
Bitcoins is still profitable as compare to others coins. It is very strong currency as it is gaining more popularity day by day. It will further go up in the market as it has the potential to sustain in the market. I think trading is the best idea in bitcoins as it will give good profit to its traders in the market.

In order to get profit from bitcoins trading one will have to learn the basic knowledge of it as it is imperative to know as how and when to invest in the market.
dhas

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:22:37 PM

I was a trader awhile back, I want to say about a year ago now and wanted to know what the current state of the market is for the traders that are currently trading to this day? I know a lot of the current exchanges that I used for trading, such as Poloniex, are still around but aren't really being used much as before.

I wasn't able to profit much but would like to hear how people are doing these days. Thanks a ton!
Of course it is. I dont think that trading will loss income in the near future.
As long as the price of bitcoin continue to grow it means that there was a chance that you could have a great profit.
But if the value of bitcoin stock to a particular amount, well I think there was a problem with the economics of cryptocurrency.
And aside from that If could just only buy coin as its lowest it means you will have a great income when you sell it.
santieevanz

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:37:37 PM

Of course yes! Trading bitcoin and other alternatives are still profitable, only if you have enough knowledge about trading process. We cannot deny the fact that being a trader isn't easy because there is a possibilities that you won't profit much and you might lose some of your money but that was a part of becoming a trader. Since the bitcoin value keeps on increasing then you will have a great profit.

mayidid

Merit: 102

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:56:36 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2018, 11:54:09 PM by mayidid

It will always profitable, as long as there is volatility in the price, then there is potential to make profits.
TorbiK

Activity: 448

Diagon

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:56:55 PM

In any market you can earn and lose money. No matter how much time has passed. It is important that your trading strategy works in the current phase of the market. Then you will earn money.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
santieevanz

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:20:01 PM

By its very nature trading has to profitable for someone, generally in order for someone to lose, someone must profit. If you sell a coin and the price goes up, someone has bought that coin and the price gone up. If you buy a coin and the price falls, someone has sold that coin and saved themselves money. Therefore the answer is it depends on if you are one of the better traders or not.

---
Compared to other alternative coins, bitcoin is more profitable due to its capabilities in increasing value. Trading bitcoins has a potential to stay in the market.  This trading process will double your money if you only have enough knowledge about how it works. Some lose , some win and that's part of a game. So relax and be more familiar to the pattern of digital currency.

Shanmatthew

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:30:43 PM

Trading at this moment is good profit to us but always wisely because trading is too risky.if you want a good profit,hold you're coin until the value is enough for you're needs.its better to hold in a long term than spend it in trading for nothing.but then again it is depend on your decision how you use it.all of coins are profitable if we know how to use it in a right way.
waichi

Activity: 359

Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:33:50 PM

If you are a trader before then you could easily catch up about the market today. I know there a lot of coins that have been added. It would just take you for awhile to study the new potential coins in the market. You can do that. Bittrex and hitbtc is where I am using. I am not using poloneix.

███ TWITTER Udego Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:10:30 PM

By its very nature trading has to profitable for someone, generally in order for someone to lose, someone must profit. If you sell a coin and the price goes up, someone has bought that coin and the price gone up. If you buy a coin and the price falls, someone has sold that coin and saved themselves money. Therefore the answer is it depends on if you are one of the better traders or not.

---
Compared to other alternative coins, bitcoin is more profitable due to its capabilities in increasing value. Trading bitcoins has a potential to stay in the market.  This trading process will double your money if you only have enough knowledge about how it works. Some lose , some win and that's part of a game. So relax and be more familiar to the pattern of digital currency.

This nowadays i think it is not a necessary for us to hesitate to create an investment in bitcoin technology because many years had past that bitcoin still exist well this is where you can guarantee that it is really effective to make your profits double or even more. And some investors want some quick profit that they dont care what bitcoin about because all they want just their money make it grow fast,  just like what happen now. Bitcoin is really doing a tremendous thing that almost reach the speculated price worth $20,000. I hope it could be much even more value to be added so that my weekly income will increase as well.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1337

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:49:30 PM

In a thread i created, i used an example of an altcoin.

I said i would like to buy lisk at 5 dollars and buy 1000 lisk so 5000 dollars.  let say lisk is 0.0007 btc at that moment.  I buy it on bittrex.  Then when i notice lisk hits 6 dollars, i plan to sell it.  Thus make 20 percent profit on the 5k so 1000 profit less trading fees.  However let say btc went up around then.  So when i get my btc... i only get 0.0065 btc per lisk.

Someone tells me that here... i actually lost money.  Is this true or not?  I understand how i get less btc than i invested as invested 0.0007 btc X 1000 shares etc.... and get only 0.00065 btc x 1000 shares etc... assuming btc price went up.  So here... even though i lose btc... i still make profit right because the btc price is higher?  Someone said you are not suppose to look at the usd rate... you look at the price of the altcoin in terms of btc.  If that is true, and btc goes up, then how are you suppose make money on altcoin if it goes up not a lot then?  I thought if you buy an altcoin at 1 dollar and it doubles to 2 doubles, you double your money right?  But if bitcoin actually triples up from that moment you bought the altcoin... to the moment you sold your altcoin for btc... you are down money?  Can someone explain this? 
Do not get confused the most important question you need to ask yourself is, what currency you are using to buy your coins? If you bought using dollars then you care about the dollars when you sell, but if you buy with bitcoin, as is the most common scenario, then you need to look at bitcoin, so if you buy for 0.0007 BTC and sell for 0.00065 BTC you lost bitcoin even if you earned some fiat.
Above user has mentioned just the buying and selling difference leading to loss Here the major factor is while analyzing the market to pick the right coin for the trading purpose. Very few will be analyzing in a much precise manner and use it for trading, while the rest used to make a random pick and lucky people gets profited, others end in loss.
yeah there is no perfect science in choosing the right coin for trading but you can read their platform in which you have hint to decide either to buy or not.although we can say that trading and investing altcoins is a risk move but you can calculate risk by doing some research before investment.people doing this specially those who are good in analyzing data has an edge in treading and investing altcoins most likely they will prosper.

There is always the right coin to pick. Why do you think people are more interested to those tokens on top with huge marketcap?
So long as you have the money to trade, you can always pick the best ones because at least in the long run they all are going to be profitable when you just keep them.
There are successful projects that skyrocket every year and it is obvious that many of us are looking for such a project but we know that it is simple not possible to get your predictions right all the time which is why you many people dedicating a significant amount of time to study icos and still come empty handed when it comes to find the right coin to invest.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: