Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:04:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 115 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hiveon. №1 OS for mining  (Read 80521 times)
crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:01:42 PM

for security reasons it's binded to 127.0.0.1:1880, not the all interfaces of your rig. so can be accessed from the rig itself only.

Man that sucks.  So I'll never be able to monitor my rigs from Awesome Miner?  Not that Hive OS doesn't have a great built-in monitor, but I really like how Awesome Miner shows you the actual coins and earnings in dollars/day per rig.  And the email notifications.  And I can see the difficulty by coin at a glance.

not sure about bminer, but with dstm you can add an additional --telemetry command line option from hiveos to view stats on the rigs internal ip

Thanks, that did the trick!  Of course this means I'll have to create a "wallet" for each of my rigs, so that the IP on the additional command line option matches the rig's IP.  Perhaps there's another way to pass a custom miner command to a specific rig that does not require setting it in the "wallet"?

I spoke too soon.  I did find where I can add the additional command line option under "Tuning" for a specific rig.  So I added it here and I can see where the dstm miner is started with both telemetry calls:

But alas, having that 2nd telemetry command breaks it for HIVE as it is no longer able to pull the hash rate:

As soon as I backed out that 2nd telemetry entry, HIVE started being able to see the hash rate again.  I also tried using a different port for the 2nd telemetry entry, but it still broke HIVE.  So it seems to me that when a 2nd telemetry entry is added, it replaces the first one.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yhbae

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:29:24 PM

Instead, I'm seeing a prompt 'Worker login' which doesn't seem to correspond to the rig id account that has been defined already...

Have you tried editing the .conf file manually by directly accessing the drive from another PC?

If not then I would recommend checking those files to see what is written to them... it should give you an idea of where you're at.

Which config file in what location?

Sorry, I'm totally newb in Linux mining...

Stick your Hive USB into a Windows box. You will probably be prompted to format a drive. Say no. Two partitions for the USB should have shown up. One can be accessed via Windows. One file has a name similar to "sample rig config". Open this file in Notepad. There will be two variables here. One is something like "rig_id" and the other is "password". These values were created in your Hive OS dashboard when when you added a rig. You need to insert your "Rig ID" for the miner from your Hive web dashboard. Same for the password. Then you need to save the file as "rig.conf" but make sure that .txt is not appended to the filename. Put the stick in your rig and boot.

This is how you get around having to have a monitor and keyboard hooked up to a rig when you set it up.

Thank you, that worked!

I can see there are some pros and cons using this vs Awesome Miner right away... It will be interesting to compare the experiences over time...
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:41:14 PM

I have tried update hive img file with the 32GB pendrive. I have used the etcher to flash my drive with the file but I think it does not flash the drive properly or might issue with the file on the site.
Till it moves to next page it works for me but after there is no movement on the page at all. Guys please share any suggestion to work with it. Still using perfectmine for long time.
Serion

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:47:46 PM

I have 18 1050ti's and NONE of them report sols/w.  Any ideas?
crazydane

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:50:34 PM

The newer Nvidia drivers no longer support reporting power usage with 1050Ti's due to a known issue with the power reporting circuitry on those cards.
Serion

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:21:33 PM

The newer Nvidia drivers no longer support reporting power usage with 1050Ti's due to a known issue with the power reporting circuitry on those cards.
That sucks!  But thank you for solving that mystery.  I've searched the net for days now trying to find an answer!

Any ideas on how to guesstimate the sols/w on these? 

The only idea I could come up with was:
1) Unplug all but one card.  Get wattage reading
2) Plug in card #2 and do a test on only it for sol/s.  Check wattage reading, calculate sols/w.
3) Wash and repeat by replacing card #2 with card #3

However, I'm tired already just thinking about doing that! lol
bumbu100

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:17:23 PM

Any chance to use VRM cpu miner as a second miner?
nobody have an idea?
crazydane

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:13:48 PM

That sucks!  But thank you for solving that mystery.  I've searched the net for days now trying to find an answer!

Any ideas on how to guesstimate the sols/w on these?  

The only idea I could come up with was:
1) Unplug all but one card.  Get wattage reading
2) Plug in card #2 and do a test on only it for sol/s.  Check wattage reading, calculate sols/w.
3) Wash and repeat by replacing card #2 with card #3

However, I'm tired already just thinking about doing that! lol

1. Take note of the current Sol/S you're getting.  My guess would be around 190 on average per card.
2. Take note of current power consumption.  (got a KillAWatt?)
3. Power down and remove 1 GPU
4. Power back up and once it has been mining for a bit, take another power reading.

My guess is you will drop about 80 watts.  So your Sol/W is around 2.4 Sol/W.  The 1050Ti's are not very efficient compared to the higher end models, especially the 1070Ti.
WhyMe

Activity: 661
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:07:28 AM

Now there is an api, I'm testing HiveOS Smiley

Why not separate miner from wallet ?
If I need differents values for the same miner ( for exemple intensity 11 on RIG1 and intensity 13 on RIG2, but on same ccminer ), I need to create 2 wallets. Right ?
cloudhax

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:51:31 AM

Thanks, that did the trick!  Of course this means I'll have to create a "wallet" for each of my rigs, so that the IP on the additional command line option matches the rig's IP.  Perhaps there's another way to pass a custom miner command to a specific rig that does not require setting it in the "wallet"?

I did it for 0.0.0.0 which opens telemetry for all available interfaces.  that way I can just need 1 wallet and they all open telemetry server on their internal ip
crazydane

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:34:33 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 07:44:02 PM by crazydane

I did it for 0.0.0.0 which opens telemetry for all available interfaces.  that way I can just need 1 wallet and they all open telemetry server on their internal ip

Hot damn that worked!

Best of both worlds!
Serion

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:49:40 PM

What crazydane and cloudhax are doing is WAY over my head. lol  I'm a 2 month noob to mining and I'm loving HiveOS.  I checked out Awesome miner and it does look, well.... awesome! lol

If I may, can I ask a few noob questions?

1) I'm understanding this correctly -- you set up your rigs with HiveOS and then you can monitor their productivity under Awesome miner?
2) If so, do you know of any good YouTube/blogs/etc that you can point me to a) learning how to even setup Awesome miner b) doing what you were just talking about?

Thanks!

BTW, when I grow up, I wanna be like you guys! Smiley
rothcom65

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:08:56 PM

running my ETH rig with HiveOS for 1 day. I am very impressed.

- WIFI support out of the box ( better than SM.OS)
- Nicehash wallet let me mine everything to Nicehash.

The thing is:
- No more windows related headache when I mine my mixed AMD RX 580 and NV 1060 6gb using Nicehash.
- My harsh rate showed on HiveOS is 125 MH/s.
- But Nicehash dashboard only show 100 Mh/s

Do you think Nicehash is cheating on miner???

Thank you guy for such an an awesome product.
StanchoBS

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:20:31 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2018, 09:00:25 AM by StanchoBS

I want to use Hive but i have only 2 problems.

1. cant set static IP per rig - tryed everything to change in network config but nothing works.
2. how to set monitor to auto time off ?

*fixed static IP - will use router DHCP
but how to set monitor auto turn off after 2-3min?
alisami83

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:02:51 AM

eth mining, very low hashrate. in windows get 186 mh and in hive get max 170.
godz1ll4

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:34:06 AM

Just moved from Nicehash and AwesomeMiner to HiveOS, since I plan to use all NVidia cards on my rig. I use MiningPoolHub as the worker and profit switching.

Few questions:
1. HiveOS doesn't seem to profit switch with MiningPoolHub. I've been running HiveOS for 3 days and it always runs Equihash.
2. There is no option for me to see Estimated Earnings like in NiceHash and Awesome Miner. Where can I see my estimated earning and possibly historical earnings?

Thanks
BSAlex

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:41:23 AM

I want to use Hive but i have only 2 problems.

1. cant set static IP per rig - tryed everything to change in network config but nothing works.
2. how to set monitor to auto time off ?

*fixed static IP - will use router DHCP
but how to set monitor auto turn off after 2-3min?

You do not need a monitor at all, for-real. I have not attached a monitor, keyboard or mouse to rig running Hive OS even for setup, let alone normal work.
nitrobg

Activity: 413
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:48:36 AM

Do I need a smart plug if one of the cards is unstable, or the built-in watchdog can always reboot a crashed rig? On Windows - if one of the RX cards stops working, it causes the entire OS to freeze and only a power cycle helps.
rafaeldelrey

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:16:41 PM

Just moved from Nicehash and AwesomeMiner to HiveOS, since I plan to use all NVidia cards on my rig. I use MiningPoolHub as the worker and profit switching.

Few questions:
1. HiveOS doesn't seem to profit switch with MiningPoolHub. I've been running HiveOS for 3 days and it always runs Equihash.
2. There is no option for me to see Estimated Earnings like in NiceHash and Awesome Miner. Where can I see my estimated earning and possibly historical earnings?

Thanks

HiveOs is not a profit switch tool. I have used Nicehash, I still use Awesome Miner in some machines (the ones in my house, since I dont trust Windows to be left alone in remote places), I have used SMOS a lot (and still manage some of my friends rigs there), but after testing HiveOS, I have never looked back.

AwesomeMiner would be the most comparable to HiveOS.  Here how I think they compare:
Where AwesomeMiner is better than HiveOS:
- Profit Switch algorithm (although you cannot trust the default pre-configured ones in there: zpool, hashrefinery, ahashtool.  they report misleding difficulty through their api);
- You can see how many $$ you are getting in real-time (remember this is based on estimated, and not realized gains).  this requires you to maintain coins (maybe using external tools), doing benchmarks, but it works.
- New miners are usually found more easily for windows (at least the precompiled ones);

Where HiveOS is better than AwesomeMiner:
- It is Linux.  More stable, no problems with windows defender, auto-update, performance degradation over time, etc.  Demands less RAM, runs from a usb stick;
- GUI has a lot more informations and graphs.  I have the Premium License of AM, but it just allows me to export csv files.  With HiveOs, I check the monitor homepage and, in a second, I know everything is ok (or not);
- You can monitor and control your rigs from any web browser, from the Internet.  AM has the cloud services, but it is paid and less complete;

godz1ll4

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:00:22 PM

Few questions:

Thanks

HiveOs is not a profit switch tool. I have used Nicehash, I still use Awesome Miner in some machines (the ones in my house, since I dont trust Windows to be left alone in remote places), I have used SMOS a lot (and still manage some of my friends rigs there), but after testing HiveOS, I have never looked back.

AwesomeMiner would be the most comparable to HiveOS.  Here how I think they compare:
Where AwesomeMiner is better than HiveOS:
- Profit Switch algorithm (although you cannot trust the default pre-configured ones in there: zpool, hashrefinery, ahashtool.  they report misleding difficulty through their api);
- You can see how many $$ you are getting in real-time (remember this is based on estimated, and not realized gains).  this requires you to maintain coins (maybe using external tools), doing benchmarks, but it works.
- New miners are usually found more easily for windows (at least the precompiled ones);

Where HiveOS is better than AwesomeMiner:
- It is Linux.  More stable, no problems with windows defender, auto-update, performance degradation over time, etc.  Demands less RAM, runs from a usb stick;
- GUI has a lot more informations and graphs.  I have the Premium License of AM, but it just allows me to export csv files.  With HiveOs, I check the monitor homepage and, in a second, I know everything is ok (or not);
- You can monitor and control your rigs from any web browser, from the Internet.  AM has the cloud services, but it is paid and less complete;

How do I know the performance of my HiveOS mining rig in term of dollar value or at least in coin value? So I can compare the results daily, weekly and monthly?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 115 »
  Print  

Jump to: