Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:03:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 115 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hiveon. №1 OS for mining  (Read 80529 times)
HydrogenBombaklot

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:19:12 PM

I've just started using Hive. Love it!

One issue I've run into is after flashing an AMD Bios (which I love!), I get the message that flash was successful, and to reboot.

So I hit reboot, and wait. But Hive doesnt come back online. Turning power on and off doesn't work, I have to ubplug my PSU's from the wall and plug back in to get Hive to reboot properly.

What causes this? Am I forgetting a setting in motherboard bios?

Specs:

Asus Z-270-P motherboard
Pentium G4400 CPU
4gb Kingston Fury RAM
7xAsust Strix 570 GPU
Kingston Data 16Gb  USB
2x EVGA 750 P2 PSU
Ubit 006C risers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoDocker

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:20:19 PM

I just have a pool mining monitor on my phone and when the hashrate drops by 10 percent it alerts me this way I can tell if there's a rig failure etc.

It would work the same with a potential "hack" to change wallet config maybe you should look at that.
astrosmurf

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:31:17 AM

Hi,

I've used HiveOs for a few weeks now, on and off, as I've been ill lately, but so far I really love everything about the OS except for one thing:

With regular intervals, my rigs suddenly go offline, and rebooting doesn't help, I have to mount a display and check what is going on, and my rigs then appear under other names - "mark3", "mark6" etc. instead of my own rig names.

They also appear to be mining, but not to my own accounts. So I can only assume that I have been hacked, and someone else is taking the profit.

At first I was running Claymore miner, I did a bit of googling and found that there were mentions online of hacking vulnerabilities with that miner, and so I changed to Ethminer, but today it happened again. I managed to get the rig back after forcing "firstrun -f" and entering my own rig credentials again, and I'll see how long that lasts.

After one of the previous incidients, while I was still running Claymore, the rig would just crash immediately after attempting to force "firstrun -f", so the only way to get the rig back online was to flash a new OS on a USB stick, and start over fresh.

I'd really appreciate input from people here about this issue - if anyone else have had similar issues, and if so, what to do to prevent against it.

Advance thanks!

personally I would just redo everything from scratch. format drives, new install, new rig ids, etc.

Thanks WaveRiderx,

That was exactly what I was thinking - and also what I did - on the first few occasions, but it gets really tedious after a while.

So this last time I just tried a quick fix - "firstrun -f". It didn't work on first attempt, the rig came back under the supposed hackers rig name; "mark3", but I tried once more, and then I was succesful in assigning my own RIG ID, and it has now been succesfully running all night without further incident. I suppose a really advanced hacker could have applied key loggers and thus recorded my passwords etc. and that a clean install would have been safer, but it is also more time consuming, and I didn't have much time last night, but didn't want to lose a whole nights mining revenue, so just attempted the quick fix, thinking I can always do a fresh install and start completely from scratch with new RIG IDs, passwords etc., if it looks like they have been compromised. But so far so good with the quick fix (touch wood).

Maybe I am asking too much, but I think it would be really great if this security vulnerability in HiveOS could be fixed by the developer(s).

I just found a note I made after googling about the security vulnerability in Claymore, and will quote it below - unfortunately I have lost the original URL to the original forum post, but it should be easy enough to find using google if interested in researching more:

Security advice regarding claymore miners.
Hello guys again Smiley 
Some another security advice worth to read !
Recently more and more botnets are sniffing for claymore API port forwarded on routers in whole internet.
Even when claymore api port is in read-only state it seems that bots still can change mining pool and wallet if port for API(ethman) is forwarded outside.
If you are using claymore miners then i advice to replace -mport -3333 by -mport 127.0.0.1:3333
If you dont have -mport specified in your config then i advice to add this as without it - it will act like -mport -3333 by default !
This way claymore API will be available only at localhost (for stats reading that are sent to dashboard) and not on your LAN IP address.
I changed all default configs to that setting so if you are not sure just look at those examples.
Also please remember not to forward 22 port. If you forward 22 port then botnets will find you in mater of hours i guess.

Here are some articles:

https://cryptovest.com/news/major-botnet-resurfaces-to-pounce-on-claymore-mining-rigs/

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6yoo47/claymore_hacked/

One thing I noticed earlier, which may support my theory, is that after one on my rigs crashed earlier, it appeared to come back after the crash with default settings applied - and it seems like Claymore is the default miner if HiveOS is crashing so hard that it can't find the previous rig settings after the crash.

So; that means that if the rig is coming down hard, and defaulting back to Claymore, it will essentially be left vulnerable to Claymore botnet sniffers and hack attacks after every hard crash. I suspect that is what has happened to me - but I could of course be entirely wrong, as I am a mining and linux noob. But it seems to me like a plausible theory for now. If it is correct then it would be great if the HiveOS developer (DimaFern, isn't it?) could patch HiveOS so that the -mport settings recommended for Claymore are automatically applied. It may be very easy to do this for anyone well versed in command line linux, but for complete linux noobs like myself it is too advanced ATM. And it would have to be done after every hard crash; it would be much more secure if it was built into the OS I think. Maybe it could also could be made changes so that Claymore isn't the default miner after a hard crash where previous settings are lost, if Claymore continues to be a security vulnerability.
astrosmurf

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:41:22 AM

Hi,

I've used HiveOs for a few weeks now, on and off, as I've been ill lately, but so far I really love everything about the OS except for one thing:

With regular intervals, my rigs suddenly go offline, and rebooting doesn't help, I have to mount a display and check what is going on, and my rigs then appear under other names - "mark3", "mark6" etc. instead of my own rig names.

They also appear to be mining, but not to my own accounts. So I can only assume that I have been hacked, and someone else is taking the profit.

At first I was running Claymore miner, I did a bit of googling and found that there were mentions online of hacking vulnerabilities with that miner, and so I changed to Ethminer, but today it happened again. I managed to get the rig back after forcing "firstrun -f" and entering my own rig credentials again, and I'll see how long that lasts.

After one of the previous incidients, while I was still running Claymore, the rig would just crash immediately after attempting to force "firstrun -f", so the only way to get the rig back online was to flash a new OS on a USB stick, and start over fresh.

I'd really appreciate input from people here about this issue - if anyone else have had similar issues, and if so, what to do to prevent against it.

Advance thanks!

Ooohh that sounds really scary!!! Developers, take a look at it. It could happend to anyone of us. I know developers DO HAVE access to all of our rigs, but don't want to believe they would steale our power...

Yes, it is scary and at the same time a bloody nuisance indeed.

I really don't want to think badly about the developer myself; I think he has done an impressive job with every other aspect of HiveOS except for perhaps this one security flaw. I really love the beautiful design and ease of use of HiveOS, and it wouldn't make much sense for the developer(s) to cannibalize subscription revenue by hacking subscribers rigs anyway. Not to speak of all the hard work coding HiveOS potentially going down the drain if HiveOS gets a bad reputation, so that is why I think it is far more likely a matter of a Claymore miner security vulnerability for now. But a security patch within HiveOS would be great, if possible.
hack4love

Activity: 152

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:59:33 AM

Is it WiFi support I have D-Link dwa 132  WiFi adapter and
what the monthly fee
And what the best amd  driver for my Rx 560 I use blockchain

And what the max number for GPUs
Pujitsu

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:59:35 PM

I really have to say thanks to DMYTRO - spent some time with me today and finally OpenVPN is running now. Thumbs up man...

Is there a good detailed guide to follow for OpenVPN? The Setup guide on the HiveOS forum leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks!
Teress

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:47:42 PM

I really have to say thanks to DMYTRO - spent some time with me today and finally OpenVPN is running now. Thumbs up man...

Is there a good detailed guide to follow for OpenVPN? The Setup guide on the HiveOS forum leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks!

In v5.33 above OpenVPN is working as expected
HappyS
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:31:47 PM

Any news about VEGA 56 support?

Haм нyжны бoтинки для гoльфa, инaчe мы oтcюдa нe выбepeмcя.
13H5Cu9ixeud7kiD52mDXrR7NWgc2PERdJ
stilmate

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:04:33 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2018, 04:47:10 AM by stilmate

Hey guys, I installed HiveOS in under an hour and had my rig up and running.... I LOVE this OS! THIS is IMO the new gold standard for nix mining os's!

I'm running into the weirdest issue and I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions.

I'm running my first rig that's a mix of 2 1060's, 1 1070FE, 2 580 8GBs, and 1 580 4GB (ugly I know). (I am also running 2, 1x4 PCIE splitters on my MB). I made sure my NVIDIA cards were in the 1st riser slot.

Anyways, I'm using the USB stick to boot my system and the first time I started up it recognized all cards and I'm getting around 160MH/s.

However, after a few hours I get watchdog errors and have to restart the system, when I restart HiveOS only recognizes all 6 cards, but I can only get Temperature/Fan info for 3 of them Huh

Now for the weird part, I've figured out if I do a hard shutdown on the system and then manually swap the riser USB cables to different ports, when I boot back up, all 6 cards are recognized and I have temp/fan speeds for them all.

But when I shutdown/reboot, I lose fan/temp for the last 3 GPUs (Even if I put 4 GPUs on the 1st riser and only 2 on the second). Again, when I move the USBs to a different config, I get the fan/temp settings till I reboot.

Any ideas, I'm totally baffled Huh

Also, just a side question, but my system only has 8GB of ram and I'm running HiveOS off a 32GB USB 3.0 Memory stick, is there anyway to get more virtual memory for the system by expanding the storage on the stick?

-HiveOSNo0b.
WakinXXX

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:36:35 PM
Merited by dimafern (1)

Used my farm on HiveOS during few month and can confirm that it is amazing. I just very happy with its features and performance.

After using a few different OS, one of which was our main operating OS. Thats is great! Hive OS have been very stable so far for me. It just happy that HiveOS is so much better then another projects. Big plus is easy using remotely.

I recommend all of you take your choice on Hive OS  Wink
clems

Activity: 171

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:33:05 PM

Hi,

Advance thanks!

1. Use 2FA on HiveOS web site
2. Remove any port forwarding on your router or install fail2ban on HiveOS
3. Change user default password
4. Use an antivirus if you use Windows
5. Do not use any phone app who ask your HiveOS API key (I see some and there are not official)

Ref HiveOS https://hiveos.farm?ref=3665
Promocode HIVEOS: IMPASSENET (10 dollars on your account)
saruyama

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:27:47 AM

I have a problem with OC settings.

If I set fan value to 0, it must mean the fan is set to auto control. But as this 0 is not recorded in the OC setting, if I change a rig's OC setting is something else and then set it back to the previous OC setting, fan value does not change.

For example, say I have two OC settings.
(a) Fan 0 PL 150
(b) Fan 100 PL 100

When I change OC setting from (b) to (a), fan setting does not change to auto, but remains at 100%. So I have to manually change it.

There should be 'auto' setting instead of nil or blank. Or am I missing something?

This applies to other memory settings too, but my main concern is fan control.
MohamedSaied

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:14:19 AM

this OS is perfect and stable but i got 3 issues if someone can help me since i'm noob in linux

1- wheni try to connect through vnc is says the computer refused the connection
2 - How to get the secret key , i can generate the public api key from my account but can't get the secret key
3 - is there any tutorial to get openvpn to work through WAN , since the one in website is in russian .
clems

Activity: 171

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:42:51 AM

If I set fan value to 0, it must mean the fan is set to auto control. But as this 0 is not recorded in the OC setting, if I change a rig's OC setting is something else and then set it back to the previous OC setting, fan value does not change.

(a) Fan 0 PL 150
(b) Fan 100 PL 100

When I change OC setting from (b) to (a), fan setting does not change to auto, but remains at 100%. So I have to manually change it.

There should be 'auto' setting instead of nil or blank. Or am I missing something?

Whitch miner are you using?

Ref HiveOS https://hiveos.farm?ref=3665
Promocode HIVEOS: IMPASSENET (10 dollars on your account)
astrosmurf

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:01:03 PM

Hi,

Advance thanks!

5. Do not use any phone app who ask your HiveOS API key (I see some and there are not official)

Thanks a lot clems, it happened tonight again, always seems to happen at night around 3-4 o'clock, probably so that the hacker can rest assured my rigs will mine for a few hours before I wake up and discover it. Tonight a 3 o'clock my rig was hijacked again and when I woke up it had been renamed "mark 3".

Of all your suggestions this is my status

1. I have already activated 2FA

2 . AFAIK I don't use any port forwarding on my router, but it is a closed ISP router anyway, so AFAIK there's not much I can do with it. So fail2ban is probably my best option.I'm a complete linux noob - could you please explain to me how I can install fail2ban under HiveOS?

3. user default password - I'm not sure which password you mean, but AFAIK I've changed every password, and used pretty secure ones too (long passwords with mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers, symbols etc.)

4. I use only Mac OS X and HiveOS except for my wife's laptop that I've used to flash the memory sticks for HiveOS. I don't think that laptop use antivirus except for the frequent Microsoft updates (Win10).

5. I've used the Nicestats iOS phone app to check on my Nicehash stats, which don't use any HiveOS API keys, but of course it has access to my Nicehash credentials. Using those somebody could probably hijack my Nicehash account before even involving HiveOS. So I believe you may have put me on the right path there. I'll delete that app and change all my Nicehash passwords.

Thanks a lot for your valuable input! :-)

dzeb

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:53:04 PM

Is it me or in latest HiveOS powel limit doesnt work anymore for nvidia cards? Have a rig with 5x1060, 1x1070. Tried to adjust power limit for 1070 but no reaction at all, still running full power. Any ideas?
saruyama

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:16:44 AM

(a) Fan 0 PL 150
(b) Fan 100 PL 100

Whitch miner are you using?

I am using ethminer for ethash and dstm for equihash.
astrosmurf

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:58:01 AM

Hi,

Advance thanks!

Thanks a lot clems, it happened tonight again, always seems to happen at night around 3-4 o'clock, probably so that the hacker can rest assured my rigs will mine for a few hours before I wake up and discover it. Tonight a 3 o'clock my rig was hijacked again and when I woke up it had been renamed "mark 3".

Of all your suggestions this is my status

1. I have already activated 2FA

2 . AFAIK I don't use any port forwarding on my router, but it is a closed ISP router anyway, so AFAIK there's not much I can do with it. So fail2ban is probably my best option.I'm a complete linux noob - could you please explain to me how I can install fail2ban under HiveOS?

3. user default password - I'm not sure which password you mean, but AFAIK I've changed every password, and used pretty secure ones too (long passwords with mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers, symbols etc.)

4. I use only Mac OS X and HiveOS except for my wife's laptop that I've used to flash the memory sticks for HiveOS. I don't think that laptop use antivirus except for the frequent Microsoft updates (Win10).

5. I've used the Nicestats iOS phone app to check on my Nicehash stats, which don't use any HiveOS API keys, but of course it has access to my Nicehash credentials. Using those somebody could probably hijack my Nicehash account before even involving HiveOS. So I believe you may have put me on the right path there. I'll delete that app and change all my Nicehash passwords.

Thanks a lot for your valuable input! :-)
/quote]

Update:

Wow, a new record has ben set, I've been hacked after just 30 mins. or so this time, after starting from scrath with a new flashed OS on the memory stick and changing absolutely every password, RIG IDs, stats passwords - everything new except my IP adress. But I did whitelist my own IP adress range, which I assume means that every other IP adress should be blacklisted, so how I can still be hacked is beyond me. 2FA activated for HiveOS as well.

I've already wasted too much time attempting to make this work. It seems there must be some security flaw here as all the precautions above still isn't enough. I really wanted to make this work as I love everything else about HiveOS, but getting hacked pretty much every day is intolerable.

Bye bye HiveOS.
Teress

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:36:31 PM

Reallu scary! I hope developers hear you...
blackenedvoodoo

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:13:14 PM

All this software needs is a fan curve.  Grin

YES!!!!.. Fan Control for AMD SUCKS
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 115 »
  Print  

Jump to: