Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:20:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 115 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hiveon. №1 OS for mining  (Read 80530 times)
PrincessChe

Activity: 98
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:22:40 PM

Yused Hive OS durinf few mounts and get best result ever!
The good platform for mining. perhaps the best. Very sensible good administrator! I will mark out convenience in remote access!
I recommend all of you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blackenedvoodoo

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:25:23 PM

Can anyone tell me how to make this xmr-stak cpu mining config work in hiveos I tried the using the example in wallet setting but didn't work here is my conf
"cpu_threads_conf" :
[
       { "low_power_mode" : true, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 1 },
       { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 3 },
       { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 5 },
       { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 7 },
       { "low_power_mode" : true, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 },
],

use xmrig

I am using XMRig and it only uses 6 of my 8 cores?
blackenedvoodoo

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:27:34 AM

I really have to say thanks to DMYTRO - spent some time with me today and finally OpenVPN is running now. Thumbs up man...

Great team!!! Cannot recommed this more!!
cloudhax

Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:18:58 AM

that is probably expected, cryptonight optimal hashrate doesn't use all available cores necessarily, it depends on the cpu cache memory size

blackenedvoodoo

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:19:56 AM

that is probably expected, cryptonight optimal hashrate doesn't use all available cores necessarily, it depends on the cpu cache memory size

Its a FX 8320.  THought it would use them all Sad
cloudhax

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:20:51 AM

Wow, a new record has ben set, I've been hacked after just 30 mins. or so this time, after starting from scrath with a new flashed OS on the memory stick and changing absolutely every password, RIG IDs, stats passwords - everything new except my IP adress. But I did whitelist my own IP adress range, which I assume means that every other IP adress should be blacklisted, so how I can still be hacked is beyond me. 2FA activated for HiveOS as well.

I've already wasted too much time attempting to make this work. It seems there must be some security flaw here as all the precautions above still isn't enough. I really wanted to make this work as I love everything else about HiveOS, but getting hacked pretty much every day is intolerable.

Bye bye HiveOS.

bye I guess?  but I've been running this for months and never been "hacked".  my guess is you have your rig wide open to the internet, or some machines on your network are compromised and are using that as a jumping point to get to your rigs.  even if you had compromised machines, just change the ssh password and remove any existing ssh keys from ~/.ssh/authorized_keys.  and if you have your rigs open to the internet you need to get them behind a router/firewall that is properly configured and secured
WhyMe

Activity: 661
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:09:55 AM

Testing with 1 RX580 to compare with w10.
How works voltage on this ?

DPM 1 2 or 3 = 220w
DPM 4 = 265w
880 900 or 920 mv = 220w

More watts than under w10, for less hashrate ( on ETH ). 30.1MHs under w10, 29.6 under hiveos.
@1125/2050

Thanks
astrosmurf

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:01:23 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 09:33:53 PM by astrosmurf

Wow, a new record has ben set, I've been hacked after just 30 mins. or so this time, after starting from scrath with a new flashed OS on the memory stick and changing absolutely every password, RIG IDs, stats passwords - everything new except my IP adress. But I did whitelist my own IP adress range, which I assume means that every other IP adress should be blacklisted, so how I can still be hacked is beyond me. 2FA activated for HiveOS as well.

I've already wasted too much time attempting to make this work. It seems there must be some security flaw here as all the precautions above still isn't enough. I really wanted to make this work as I love everything else about HiveOS, but getting hacked pretty much every day is intolerable.

Bye bye HiveOS.

bye I guess?  but I've been running this for months and never been "hacked".  my guess is you have your rig wide open to the internet, or some machines on your network are compromised and are using that as a jumping point to get to your rigs.  even if you had compromised machines, just change the ssh password and remove any existing ssh keys from ~/.ssh/authorized_keys.  and if you have your rigs open to the internet you need to get them behind a router/firewall that is properly configured and secured

Thanks cloudhax!

Believe me, I'd much rather stay with HiveOS rather than change, but I'm tearing my hear out ATM and I'm running out of ideas.

I really appreciate your feedback and suggested solutions, so please allow me to follow up with some questions below:

"my guess is you have your rig wide open to the internet, or some machines on your network are compromised and are using that as a jumping point to get to your rigs."

Could very well be, I have both Mac OS X and Win10 machines on the same LAN/WAN, so I can't rule out what you suggest. All those machines appear to be running like normal (but I realize they could still be compromised), and all have fairly recent OS updates installed with what I assume must be recent security updates.

"even if you had compromised machines, just change the ssh password and remove any existing ssh keys from ~/.ssh/authorized_keys."

I haven't used SSH on any of my machines, at least to my knowledge. (I'm also a linux noob, so this is above my level of technical competence ATM. I have dabbled in Mc OS X terminal and been able to follow detailed instructions describing command line solutions for stubborn OS X problems, but that's about it.)My Mac's have eternal sharing turned off in their Control Panels, which I believe is Apple's GUI name for SSH. I don't know anything about SSH on my HiveOS rigs, as they have been running at default, and I haven't tampered with SSH at all.

"and if you have your rigs open to the internet you need to get them behind a router/firewall that is properly configured and secured".

My rigs are left just as open as my ISP's default router will allow. What goes on in that closed box really isn't documented at all, it's the property of my ISP which is a cable TV company. My rigs are left at HiveOS default settings as far as "open to the internet" applies. So I guess a hardware router/firewall solution could be the answer, but I'm hesitant to throw more money at this problem unless somebody else have had the same problem and can verify that such a solution really fixed it - in which case I'd love to hear more about it in detail, including vendor model, setup details etc.

Advance thanks! :-)

Update: I have to eat humble pie and apologize for even the slightest insinuation that HiveOS could be insecure as per my earlier posts above. It turned out that my undocumented grey cable modem box from the ISP didn't contain even the slightest NAT or firewall functionality, contrary to popular belief in my neighborhood; thus exposing my entire network directly to hackers. After setting up an Asus RT-66U router with NAT and firewall, and after I finished tweaking the rig's OC settings my rigs have now been running without even the slightest hitch for a week, so I'm now in heaven!
Miner of Alts

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:48:07 PM

Been trying to use HiveOS for a few weeks now and I've been getting the same error constantly, ccminer exited waiting to cool down a bit. I've used all the different miners and forks. when i try and connect to the nicehash pool I get a stratum connectivity error. I'm completely lost. My main goal is to use HiveOS to mine various coins from bsod.pw with 11x 1080 ti. Everything works with windows 10 for months. Any insight with this issue would be great!

edit: i'm using HiveOS 0.5-35
nitrobg

Activity: 413
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:04:57 PM

Is it me or in latest HiveOS powel limit doesnt work anymore for nvidia cards? Have a rig with 5x1060, 1x1070. Tried to adjust power limit for 1070 but no reaction at all, still running full power. Any ideas?
Noticed this as well, didn't have time to test and went back to windows. Some of the cards didn't obey the power limit or the fan speed.
Teress

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:13:27 PM

Hello, I'm facing problems with setting CCMINER INTENSITY again:
"intensity" : 23, tried also 23 in quotes. It simply do nothing Sad Miner always defaults to 25. Can somebody tell me how do you set the intensity? Thanks
CryptoDocker

Activity: 122

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:38:54 AM

Bye bye HiveOS.

Thanks cloudhax!

Believe me, I'd much rather stay with HiveOS rather than change, but I'm tearing my hear out ATM and I'm running out of ideas.

I really appreciate your feedback and suggested solutions, so please allow me to follow up with some questions below:

"my guess is you have your rig wide open to the internet, or some machines on your network are compromised and are using that as a jumping point to get to your rigs."

Could very well be, I have both Mac OS X and Win10 machines on the same LAN/WAN, so I can't rule out what you suggest. All those machines appear to be running like normal (but I realize they could still be compromised), and all have fairly recent OS updates installed with what I assume must be recent security updates.

"even if you had compromised machines, just change the ssh password and remove any existing ssh keys from ~/.ssh/authorized_keys."

I haven't used SSH on any of my machines, at least to my knowledge. (I'm also a linux noob, so this is above my level of technical competence ATM. I have dabbled in Mc OS X terminal and been able to follow detailed instructions describing command line solutions for stubborn OS X problems, but that's about it.)My Mac's have eternal sharing turned off in their Control Panels, which I believe is Apple's GUI name for SSH. I don't know anything about SSH on my HiveOS rigs, as they have been running at default, and I haven't tampered with SSH at all.

"and if you have your rigs open to the internet you need to get them behind a router/firewall that is properly configured and secured".

My rigs are left just as open as my ISP's default router will allow. What goes on in that closed box really isn't documented at all, it's the property of my ISP which is a cable TV company. My rigs are left at HiveOS default settings as far as "open to the internet" applies. So I guess a hardware router/firewall solution could be the answer, but I'm hesitant to throw more money at this problem unless somebody else have had the same problem and can verify that such a solution really fixed it - in which case I'd love to hear more about it in detail, including vendor model, setup details etc.

It doesn't really make sense getting hacked under 30 mins especially with 2FA turned on?

This might sound silly but are you sure its just not an incorrectly set up wallet or something? I know when I was first getting the hang of it and I messed up the wallet it wouldn't read it properly so would default to the ones that come preinstalled on the OS by the dev?

Make sure you delete all the wallets and just have the 1 wallet that you want to use and test that for a while
WaveRiderx

Activity: 168
Merit: 39

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:13:50 AM

Hello, I'm facing problems with setting CCMINER INTENSITY again:
"intensity" : 23, tried also 23 in quotes. It simply do nothing Sad Miner always defaults to 25. Can somebody tell me how do you set the intensity? Thanks

it works in this format.

"intensity": 23
astrosmurf

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:37:10 AM

Bye bye HiveOS.

Thanks cloudhax!

It doesn't really make sense getting hacked under 30 mins especially with 2FA turned on?

This might sound silly but are you sure its just not an incorrectly set up wallet or something? I know when I was first getting the hang of it and I messed up the wallet it wouldn't read it properly so would default to the ones that come preinstalled on the OS by the dev?

Make sure you delete all the wallets and just have the 1 wallet that you want to use and test that for a while

Thanks CryptoDocker;

Your suggestion isn't silly at all, it's easy to do basic oversights like that, and overcomplicate stuff when troubleshooting.

The main reason why I believe I was hacked was because not only the wallet, but the name of my entire rig, changed. You know when you first set up HiveOS and it appears like "worker" and lists your IP adress? After my rigs stopped mining to my account they would appear under different rig names than my own, always something like "mark3" or mark6". I don't think this would would be the case if its only a matter of the rig going back to the dev's default example mining account? But please correct me if I'm wrong.
chem96

Activity: 1330
Merit: 217

https://lifinity.io/

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:53:07 PM

Hello guys,
Just a question. What power level do you use for RX 570 / 580? (moded Bios).
My level is actually at 3 and I'm wondering if it's possible to get lower without stability problem.

somebody already experienced 2 or even 1?

SpriterQC

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:15:19 PM

Trying to get Bminer / Equihash to work with Zpool.Ca is a nightmare.

I got it to work with Nicehash quite easily.  However I have problems with Zpool.ca

Anybody can share his settings in the wallet that I need to use with Bminer?

Thanks
CryptoDocker

Activity: 122

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:48:59 AM

dimafern next update can you put in latest version of XMRig and the other Cryptonite miners? The fork coming up in a few days requires those miners to have the latest version to handle it.
Helios45

Activity: 244
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:37:55 AM

Any plans to add phoenix miner ?
xaba77

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:42:10 AM

Any plans to add optiminer 2.1?
ikicha

Activity: 788
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:34:27 AM

Trying this OS for my small rig about 2 weeks, and SO SMOOTH!
I never got problem using this OS, good! keep update
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 115 »
  Print  

Jump to: