Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:14:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread  (Read 240292 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Grrizzly

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:09:32 PM

Update on FB:

As you know, after experiencing a real, credible, security threat, we closed access to the Electroneum wallet system and app to allow time to completely overhaul our software and network infrastructure.

We've been working closely with Amazon AWS (our network infrastructure providers) and we've been implementing security enhancements from our discussions with them and from a third party security consultants.

After officially becoming one of the top 30 cryptocurrencies in the world ( https://coinmarketcap.com/ ) and following the advice of our security consultants, we have taken the decision that in the interest of our users' security we should apply an Enterprise level security audit and extensive penetration testing before release.

We’ve enagaged the services of a security agency that works for the US Department of Defense as well as Coinbase, Spotify, Uber, Blockchain and dozens more top tech companies. We have agreed terms with Hackerone (Hackerone.com) in San Francisco, one of the world's top security and vulnerability testing experts. Hackerone are to carry out vulnerability and and penetration testing of our platform before launch. The indicated testing timescales are three to four weeks.

I'd like to once again apologise for the inconvenience that this continued delay has caused you. We have done this in the interest of all our users, and to ensure we are in the best possible position to achieve the first mass adoption of a cryptocurrency, and be an attractive secure payment solution to commercial partners.

Say goodbye to any possible profits ever.  Roll Eyes
I trying my best to support this coin , But to be honest this has gone too far , can anyone post any prove to this bolded sentence ( we need to see prove , until this moment a lot of talk no real actions )  . miners was mining air ( only the coins they mined for some days now and we said no problem we need them for blockchain ) . Now what ? !! another 3 weeks miners getting reward for mining air !! . Also something not adding up here ! What kind of vulnerability that need all this force to work on it and still not got fixed until now ? Something strange happening and no one brave enough to say what it is .  

What's happening is that they have a great marketing team but no real coders. They are going under the guise they need security fixes when in fact they need to fix their code first and foremost. If you look at their github, you will see they haven't done anything since Oct 31st. If they can actually hire good coders and get the project live, it could turn around, but every day they delay, just makes them loose credibility.

Its worth noting most public repos work in private ones untill they have something worth merging.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yobigd20

Activity: 170

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:10:46 PM

Look at it this way. It could be worse. At least your coins aren't locked in a multi sig parity wallet where some noob calls "create new wallet" effectively taking control and ownership and then "suicide" killing the wallet and locking people out of $150,000,000 forever.
jhdeanda

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:16:51 PM

Update on FB:

As you know, after experiencing a real, credible, security threat, we closed access to the Electroneum wallet system and app to allow time to completely overhaul our software and network infrastructure.

We've been working closely with Amazon AWS (our network infrastructure providers) and we've been implementing security enhancements from our discussions with them and from a third party security consultants.

After officially becoming one of the top 30 cryptocurrencies in the world ( https://coinmarketcap.com/ ) and following the advice of our security consultants, we have taken the decision that in the interest of our users' security we should apply an Enterprise level security audit and extensive penetration testing before release.

We’ve enagaged the services of a security agency that works for the US Department of Defense as well as Coinbase, Spotify, Uber, Blockchain and dozens more top tech companies. We have agreed terms with Hackerone (Hackerone.com) in San Francisco, one of the world's top security and vulnerability testing experts. Hackerone are to carry out vulnerability and and penetration testing of our platform before launch. The indicated testing timescales are three to four weeks.

I'd like to once again apologise for the inconvenience that this continued delay has caused you. We have done this in the interest of all our users, and to ensure we are in the best possible position to achieve the first mass adoption of a cryptocurrency, and be an attractive secure payment solution to commercial partners.

Say goodbye to any possible profits ever.  Roll Eyes
GPU miners are happy

Thanks for the information. It helps me a lot.

OK this was the last nail in the coffin.... Rip Electroneum. It gonna be really difficult to earn the trust of the community back
bluehalk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:28:49 PM

Same msg posted on Electroneum site as well.

https://my.electroneum.com/

AS YOU KNOW, AFTER EXPERIENCING A REAL, CREDIBLE, SECURITY THREAT, WE CLOSED ACCESS TO THE ELECTRONEUM WALLET SYSTEM AND APP TO ALLOW TIME TO COMPLETELY OVERHAUL OUR SOFTWARE AND NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE.

WE'VE BEEN WORKING CLOSELY WITH AMAZON AWS (OUR NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE PROVIDERS) AND WE'VE BEEN IMPLEMENTING SECURITY ENHANCEMENTS FROM OUR DISCUSSIONS WITH THEM AND FROM A THIRD PARTY SECURITY CONSULTANTS.

AFTER OFFICIALLY BECOMING ONE OF THE TOP 30 CRYPTOCURRENCIES IN THE WORLD ( http://HTTPS://COINMARKETCAP.COM/ ) AND FOLLOWING THE ADVICE OF OUR SECURITY CONSULTANTS, WE HAVE TAKEN THE DECISION THAT IN THE INTEREST OF OUR USERS' SECURITY WE SHOULD APPLY AN ENTERPRISE LEVEL SECURITY AUDIT AND EXTENSIVE PENETRATION TESTING BEFORE RELEASE.

WE’VE ENAGAGED THE SERVICES OF A SECURITY AGENCY THAT WORKS FOR THE US DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE AS WELL AS COINBASE, SPOTIFY, UBER, BLOCKCHAIN AND DOZENS MORE TOP TECH COMPANIES. WE HAVE AGREED TERMS WITH HACKERONE (HACKERONE.COM) IN SAN FRANCISCO, ONE OF THE WORLD'S TOP SECURITY AND VULNERABILITY TESTING EXPERTS. HACKERONE ARE TO CARRY OUT VULNERABILITY AND AND PENETRATION TESTING OF OUR PLATFORM BEFORE LAUNCH. THE INDICATED TESTING TIMESCALES ARE THREE TO FOUR WEEKS.

I'D LIKE TO ONCE AGAIN APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE THAT THIS CONTINUED DELAY HAS CAUSED YOU. WE HAVE DONE THIS IN THE INTEREST OF ALL OUR USERS, AND TO ENSURE WE ARE IN THE BEST POSSIBLE POSITION TO ACHIEVE THE FIRST MASS ADOPTION OF A CRYPTOCURRENCY, AND BE AN ATTRACTIVE SECURE PAYMENT SOLUTION TO COMMERCIAL PARTNERS.

csmflynt3

Activity: 86

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:40:08 PM

Just curious. Does anyone have the local adress of the companies office?  Wink

Nvm found it. Time to send someone over to have a look.  Roll Eyes
So they have now hired another company to do their job for them . So what have they been "coding" for the last week straight? No app no wallet this is a damn joke now

BTC:1PRRFbgyBCDwg11HQvUnc2jV6QyYQdymrc
Collectorcoin

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 11:42:50 PM

So they have now hired another company to do their job for them . So what have they been "coding" for the last week straight? No app no wallet this is a damn joke now

Truth, I saw the announcement today. Like what on Earth have they been stalling for? It feels like a bunch of lies at this point. All we got were updates like... "We are getting close" .... "Closer".... "Even Closer...." WHOP Sorry, no wallets and we aren't actually close at all!
callkiller

Activity: 251
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:43:25 PM

OK this was the last nail in the coffin.... Rip Electroneum. It gonna be really difficult to earn the trust of the community back
Why? They are doing everything to make sure our coins are safe. If anything my trust in them has increased. I can understand people are pissed off because they wanted to dump while it was profitable to do so. But I had planned to hodl so this is of no inconvenience to me whatsoever. They ride this bad patch out make sure everything is secure and investors will understand that the team behind this coin have their best interest at heart.
csmflynt3

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:48:53 PM

Truth, I saw the announcement today. Like what on Earth have they been stalling for? It feels like a bunch of lies at this point. All we got were updates like... "We are getting close" .... "Closer".... "Even Closer...." WHOP Sorry, no wallets and we aren't actually close at all!

They have obviously stolen the money nobody is going to believe this garbage. At least come up with better lies. You have had a week to at least do that as obviously they have not been programming anything ...

callkiller

Activity: 251
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:55:55 PM

They have obviously stolen the money nobody is going to believe this garbage. At least come up with better lies. You have had a week to at least do that as obviously they have not been programming anything ...
The identities of the devs and founder are out there. You think they can just steal all our coins (40 million dollars) and not have the fraud squad down on top of them. Stop being so melodramatic. Patience is a virtue.
aqibas

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:09:19 AM

how long does a support ticket usually take to get back to me? anybody had any experiences?
Highspeed123

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:10:44 AM

The identities of the devs and founder are out there. You think they can just steal all our coins (40 million dollars) and not have the fraud squad down on top of them. Stop being so melodramatic. Patience is a virtue.

Don't even bother responding, you get these drama queens and cry babies on every project ever listed here. Even Bitcoin has them. You will always see FUD, scam claims and impatient kids, no matter where you look or how good/massive the project is. I just ignore it and form my own opinions.
Some people wanted to get rich quick (lol), buy the coins and dump them on the exchange. Now they can't they will try to rip the project apart.

Yes it is annoying to wait, these things can happen in every sector though, no tech firm is immune to cock ups, Apple, Samsung you name it. No..it is not the end of the world and nothing has been stolen. Nobody lost anything. Investment is a long term thing, you back the tech and the product, team and vision and hopefully stand to make a decent profit over time. The value was only as high as it was BECAUSE the wallets were locked, it will go down in a dump soon, but over time I hope it builds traction and has some success. Anything can happen in crypto though. I will back it until I see a real reason not to.
csmflynt3

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:13:41 AM

They forked monero and called it electroneum for 40 million dollars with no working mining pools, gui wallet, or mobile app . And now they need to hire a 3rd party to secure all of these non working things which will take 3 weeks?

If they actually gave us information that made sense we would not be questioning everything, but we are left to speculate

TheCryproMaster

Activity: 410

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:14:05 AM

Patience is a virtue.

Ha good one. We investors getting shafted for being patient, while the miners can carry on for another month . Stop the fucking mining too and make this a level playing field. This is now going to the fucking pits of the earth when it should be half way to the moon.

Another fucked up ICO.
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:20:00 AM

update: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum

I've just sent the dev team home, Adam and James had pulled another monster session with at least 37 hours straight coding. We are reconvening at the office at 7am and we'll get cracking again. I know I keep saying it, but we are nearly there! So sorry for these delays, all I can say is that the code changes are important, or I wouldn't be doing them.
I hope they get the wallet working because I can't see the coins I mined. Smiley

It also happened to me. My mined coins are not appearing. The solution is you have to regenerate your wallet using your private viewkey and private spendkey for your mined coins to appear.

Coins appeared. Problem solved.

What I don't understand is why redo the wallet ..its still the same code..unless I missed something?  Thx Smiley
csmflynt3

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:23:05 AM

Don't even bother responding, you get these drama queens and cry babies on every project ever listed here. Even Bitcoin has them. You will always see FUD, scam claims and impatient kids, no matter where you look or how good/massive the project is. I just ignore it and form my own opinions.
Some people wanted to get rich quick (lol), buy the coins and dump them on the exchange. Now they can't they will try to rip the project apart.

Yes it is annoying to wait, these things can happen in every sector though, no tech firm is immune to cock ups, Apple, Samsung you name it. No..it is not the end of the world and nothing has been stolen. Nobody lost anything. Investment is a long term thing, you back the tech and the product, team and vision and hopefully stand to make a decent profit over time. The value was only as high as it was BECAUSE the wallets were locked, it will go down in a dump soon, but over time I hope it builds traction and has some success. Anything can happen in crypto though. I will back it until I see a real reason not to.

You don't know anything. You don't know where the funds are and you don't know the real status of this project either so you can call it FUD all you want , but you are in the dark just like everyone else. You have no evidence one way or the other to counter my arguments at this point.

nysefloortrader

Activity: 322

Ether Addict

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 12:27:04 AM

so now we gotta wait for another few weeks?

WOW, oh well, this is crypto, guess we just have to be patient.  Lips sealed

Highspeed123

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:31:58 AM

You don't know anything. You don't know where the funds are and you don't know the real status of this project either so you can call it FUD all you want , but you are in the dark just like everyone else. You have no evidence one way or the other to counter my arguments at this point.

Exactly, it works both ways. You can't prove your claims either. They have stolen nothing until proven otherwise. So your loud assertion that it has been stolen...and that their words are garbage are FUD until proven otherwise. All we can do is wait. No need to fill the thread with your Electroneum hate mail. If it turns out to be true then by all means, come back here and shout all you like. Go crazy. I will stop checking in here until the storm blows over as all the crying is giving me a headache Cheesy Take care.
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:34:41 AM

Sorry for writing to the wrong thread?

I'd like to invite all of you, guys to the new pool:

https://electroneum.hashvault.pro
Thx...but I don't care for the layout. Smiley
zmhtech

Activity: 108

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 12:49:10 AM

am I missing something or would this work.

Devs say that the hackers can get into the ico website accounts and transfer funds.

Blockchain has been out a week and works great.

Why cant the devs ask every ico investor to create a paper wallet, and then for a few days send all of the funds from those ico accounts (which were just numbers in a database) to the paper wallets

Then we all have are coins and hackers cant get them

csmflynt3

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:49:47 AM

Exactly, it works both ways. You can't prove your claims either. They have stolen nothing until proven otherwise. So your loud assertion that it has been stolen...and that their words are garbage are FUD until proven otherwise. All we can do is wait. No need to fill the thread with your Electroneum hate mail. If it turns out to be true then by all means, come back here and shout all you like. Go crazy. I will stop checking in here until the storm blows over as all the crying is giving me a headache Cheesy Take care.

Fair enough , but calling people cry babies because there money is being locked up for at least a month without a definitive reason  is a bit much. Anyone that has invested in this should absolutely be frustrated at the moment until we get real answers.

I am wondering why they can't setup a basic website with 2fa where we can send coins to a paper wallet at least

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: