Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:44:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 266 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread  (Read 808648 times)
jmutch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:56:24 AM

Well we know the blades are completely out of stock
Add the last part of those to dividends for this week plus mining

Expect a lower dividend range for a few weeks end of June early July
Then see some better units back in there and demand rise with the higher dividends
Watch how people determine yield value into stock price over the current week or two

(Little bit of panic here and there from the lowly informed investors omg the Yields only 0.25 RUN!)
And then cruise back upward again when it goes back to 0.3 + lol

That said I think 2.5 Is a Key Support we probably will not fall below that any time soon
(Except during currency collapses or parabolic bubbles of course   Wink)
Which with bitcoin can happen guess I would say pile up if your even slightly long term here
Beyond next week or two he-he

Assume avalon's Klondike and AMC will ship at higher capacity and complete project August/September for mid term possibly earlier but still to early to call on Klondikes (Inital Release 1.0)
Assume BFL will give more chip rebates that cannot be claimed until Christmas lol (January so they can do holiday specials XD)
(And heck at this rate will beat anything currently on the market or theoretically should be on the market from BFL &_&)
I'll believe it when it really starts moving watches lol

Nice analysis. People should have to pay you for this kind of outlook/analysis. Smiley
GodHatesFigs

Activity: 557
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 04:31:16 AM

Given the huge long-term uncertainty inherent to bitcoin, along with upcoming massive increase in hashrate competition from Avalon chips et al, I don't think the shares are worth any more than a 1-year breakeven - so no more than 1BTC.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 05:13:05 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2013, 09:42:49 AM by freedomno1

Well we know the blades are completely out of stock
Add the last part of those to dividends for this week plus mining

Expect a lower dividend range for a few weeks end of June early July
Then see some better units back in there and demand rise with the higher dividends
Watch how people determine yield value into stock price over the current week or two

(Little bit of panic here and there from the lowly informed investors omg the Yields only 0.25 RUN!)
And then cruise back upward again when it goes back to 0.3 + lol

That said I think 2.5 Is a Key Support we probably will not fall below that any time soon
(Except during currency collapses or parabolic bubbles of course   Wink)
Which with bitcoin can happen guess I would say pile up if your even slightly long term here
Beyond next week or two he-he

Assume avalon's Klondike and AMC will ship at higher capacity and complete project August/September for mid term possibly earlier but still to early to call on Klondikes (Inital Release 1.0)
Assume BFL will give more chip rebates that cannot be claimed until Christmas lol (January so they can do holiday specials XD)
(And heck at this rate will beat anything currently on the market or theoretically should be on the market from BFL &_&)
I'll believe it when it really starts moving watches lol

Nice analysis. People should have to pay you for this kind of outlook/analysis. Smiley

Thanks all I need to add is a disclaimer XD
Also partly for self reference so I remember why I did something and if it was incorrect can figure out where I messed up my logic or adjust variables
(Consistency records he-he)

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
tkone

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:47:58 AM

guys main thing a lot are forgetting is transaction fees, hopefully if we keep the block limit, then transaction fees will rise,

so everyone and anyone investing in AM please make sure if you can make any difference to not let the block limit grow, as that would cut our transaction fee income,

also another thing is am is the only proven asicminer mass producer that ships within 24hours,
no company has done that yet?

also if i remember more then a month ago atleast, when we thought the difficulty spike will be alot more, AM said they can easily add 200T/H now look theres not even 200TH on the whole system yet, and AM said they could of done it months ago!

now also being sold out is amazing, thats great news, that means everything is going soo good that we even sold out! HW lol, which was never our idea to sell it in the first place, only to mine!

good news AM will continue to rise and will be worth alot in 1 year,

ps i will sell 50% of my shares soon possibly to collect my whole investment in bitcoin in the first place, this way any and all funds in bitcoin will be full profit for me Smiley

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:34:39 AM

ps i will sell 50% of my shares soon possibly to collect my whole investment in bitcoin in the first place, this way any and all funds in bitcoin will be full profit for me Smiley

There's never anything wrong with investing with profits XD
Speculation
Wednesday buying for dividend == Sell time for you hehe

tkone

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:44:56 AM

i think this is amazing video, and very important for all of us to suppor this cause, so we can make sure transaction fees will make mining profitable, and keeping mining profitable will continue to secure the system

TLDR watch http://keepbitcoinfree.org/

tkone

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:46:07 AM

There's never anything wrong with investing with profits XD
Speculation
Wednesday buying for dividend == Sell time for you hehe

yes i definetly intend to invest in profits, and as much as i want AM to go up in shorterm,
Longterm i rather that short term stay low price, this way i can always reinvest more, and more and more so by the time the longterm price adjusts i will have AM shares Smiley

ex-trader

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:49:32 AM

Bitspend.net and Bitsumo.com

Both offer ways to buy what you want/need online for a reasonable fee. No need to deal with currency exchange sites.

You just proved why Bitcoin doesn't work for the masses.

Extract from Bitspend:

"Low Fees

Our low fees ensure that nothing stands in the way of you spending your Bitcoins anywhere you want.
Orders up to $50 can be placed for a small $2 fee. Need to order something larger? No problem! There are no limits."

So you can spend Bitcoin for a 4% fee! Wow thats brilliant and so much easier than simply spending Fiat in cash or on cards with ZERO fee!
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:02:36 AM

Extract from Bitspend:

"Low Fees

Our low fees ensure that nothing stands in the way of you spending your Bitcoins anywhere you want.
Orders up to $50 can be placed for a small $2 fee. Need to order something larger? No problem! There are no limits."

So you can spend Bitcoin for a 4% fee! Wow thats brilliant and so much easier than simply spending Fiat in cash or on cards with ZERO fee!
(emphasis added)

The problem is not Bitcoin, the problem is Bitspend.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:26:22 AM

So while you guys have been speculating on ASICMINER share price, I've actually sold some of my ASICMINER PT shares at 2.899 BTC Smiley

btcinvest if you want to just make profit.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:38:15 AM

i think this is amazing video, and very important for all of us to suppor this cause, so we can make sure transaction fees will make mining profitable, and keeping mining profitable will continue to secure the system

TLDR watch http://keepbitcoinfree.org/

Interesting video anyone know the technical discussion on this seems logical but there's some information on the comments that says contrary and for some reason some holes not sure where
Possible implementation in a protocol ontop of the layer and combine it with ultimate block chain transaction  
Maybe off Topic will go check there Smiley
Think that's one possible route technical threads have many approaches

Inquiry though how does this differentiate from the CVtoken or Freicoin Designs
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197799.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89843.0

Will keep watching that

Back to topic

Growing your position is smart Smiley
Stable dividends lower prices assuming price increases all need to be factored in but I agree with you there
Time-Frame is always important too

Bitspend.net and Bitsumo.com

Both offer ways to buy what you want/need online for a reasonable fee. No need to deal with currency exchange sites.

Extract from Bitspend:

"Low Fees

That's a company you can choose not to transact with them if you disagree with their fees

(emphasis added)

The problem is not Bitcoin, the problem is Bitspend.

On a side-note it is also a rate hedge to account for currency volatility most likely
In case the exchange rate fluctuates 10 bucks a day and what not Smiley
Or you could always choose fiat  Tongue

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:46:22 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2013, 09:31:42 AM by freedomno1

So while you guys have been speculating on ASICMINER share price, I've actually sold some of my ASICMINER PT shares at 2.899 BTC Smiley

btcinvest if you want to just make profit.

Nice do watch you guys Smiley
Not sure if the volume and liquidity is good enough for me in btcinvest
That said I do use a reference doc someone posted a while back its really getting old though and showing its age so will need to recalculate those numbers sometime and extract that doc to play around with myself or replicate it
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aolrf3NsfbUrdExVWUNMUnZtQ21kQnZzQmFfRmc0WEE#gid=0
Volume 337 (฿72.567290) Bitfunder

Any chance of a hav issuance and sorry if this was explained a while back went through the thread and was wondering what happened to the btct shares.
Would say diversify with reason but it's a quandry what to go for sneaks off to some news feeds lol
For referencing your investment does look to be very nice whistle something to do after the 19th hehe
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135157.msg2398131#msg2398131

I post too much UP Edits

I see some big walls at 3 BTC   

https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT

Although I've been on the sidelines since 1.9 BTC, so what do I know?

(When to find a good deal  Cheesy)

TheGovernedSelf

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 09:11:13 AM

I see some big walls at 3 BTC   Shocked

Although I've been on the sidelines since 1.9 BTC, so what do I know? Roll Eyes
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 10:23:57 AM

I see some big walls at 3 BTC   Shocked

yep!

shares to go to 3 BTC: 446
selling 448 shares instead, would go down to... 2.45501 BTC

Which is interesting, because that's basically the price were it had been trading in a more or less stable way for a little more than 2 weeks, before this recent rise...

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
velacreations (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:40:29 PM

well, the shares moved up a bit overnight, we were getting close to 2.8, again.  It will be interesting to see how it does today, it could easily drop below 2.8 or rise above 2.9.

Now might be a good time to cash out, like Trade Fortress did, and wait for lower prices.  It's risky, but probably not a bad strategy right now.

TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:50:13 PM

Now might be a good time to cash out, like Trade Fortress did, and wait for lower prices.  It's risky, but probably not a bad strategy right now.

He sold some PTs at 2.899 BTC, he didn't cash out.

velacreations (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:03:18 PM

yes, you are right.  selling some right now to realize some profits before a slump this week is not a bad strategy, though.

tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:42:07 PM

yes, you are right.  selling some right now to realize some profits before a slump this week is not a bad strategy, though.

But then you'd miss D-day!  Undecided
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:11:57 PM

But then you'd miss D-day!  Undecided

Yes, but if you're in at 2.5 like me, you realize a gain of ~.4 and miss out on an estimated div of .025 for a net gain of .375. If the new investors who aren't paying attention freak out at a div decrease from last weak and sell, that'll be a nice little pick up.

The 'newbie selloff Wednesday' theory isn't unique to me but I'm still deciding how much I want to hedge it-
circuitry

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:41:42 PM

AM have a nice track record of shattering expectations (upwards) so while a nice dose of caution isn't bad, don't rule out a surprisingly high dividend either Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 266 »
  Print  

Jump to: