Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:04:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 266 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread  (Read 808655 times)
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:12:53 PM

Something that needs to be taken into account is that there are a limited number of chips and it seems to take months to get more. These can be used for Blades to mine with or USBs to be sold. As competition increases, AM will need to use more chips for Blades to maintain a competitive share of the network hash rate. They'll have to reduce the amount of hardware they sell and they'll only be able to sell it at competitive prices.

I don't see how they can possibly maintain income from hardware sales and maintain their share of the network hash rate simultaneously.

You forget that ASICMINER has had an enormous head start against the competition.

I don't see how that will help them though because their ASICs are weak compared to BFL's. For example, in order for both companies to increase the difficulty by about 1 million, the following number of devices would need to be bought online each day:

1 x BFL minirig, or
715 x Blades

Their new chips will likely be at worst, competitive with BFL and at best, competitive with Bitfury and KnC. They're not supposedly due till October though and by then, BFL should be almost through its backlog and KnC should be a month into shipping. Hopefully, BitFury based systems will be also be available for purchase as well.

Including what's already online and what's set to come online, AM have 250 Th/s, Avalon have 250 Th/s (including 150 Th/s from chip sales), BFL have 400 Th/s. Both Avalon and BFL will be continuously be ordering chips for sales. I don't think AM will order any more chips though until the next gen.

Devices from third party manufacturers should outnumber devices from ASIC manufacturers, simply due to their being more of them. Third party manufacturers will ensure that there's enough assembly capacity to handle the supply of chips.

Again , comparing a future product with superior feature to a current product in the market  is not making any sense for me .
And most people ,in this thread may not interest in  mining by their selves.  Again  a misleading comparison ....

You compare the price of the devices has nothing to do with our shareholder .

You order your super machine from BFL , you wait at home day by day...you received your machine ,you set -up. one day your girlfriend  spill water on it ,your super miners broken ,you investment is gone ....

For us , we invested today , we receiving money each week , we can sold it anytime we want...

Please stop comparing those two totally different things , this make non-sense at all...

velacreations (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:17:50 PM

just ignore him, he wants to drive the price down so that he can buy cheaper shares.

velacreations (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:19:51 PM

I also don't think we'll see any dividends past 0.02 for months.
I disagree.  I think when we see blades start selling for lower prices next week, revenue will be back over .03.  It's not like people stopped buying them, anyway, AM stopped sales with demand still on the market.

The fact remains, if you want to start mining next week, there is only one company that can sell you hardware to do that.

Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:27:32 PM

Something that needs to be taken into account is that there are a limited number of chips and it seems to take months to get more. These can be used for Blades to mine with or USBs to be sold. As competition increases, AM will need to use more chips for Blades to maintain a competitive share of the network hash rate. They'll have to reduce the amount of hardware they sell and they'll only be able to sell it at competitive prices.

I don't see how they can possibly maintain income from hardware sales and maintain their share of the network hash rate simultaneously.

You forget that ASICMINER has had an enormous head start against the competition.

I don't see how that will help them though because their ASICs are weak compared to BFL's. For example, in order for both companies to increase the difficulty by about 1 million, the following number of devices would need to be bought online each day:

1 x BFL minirig, or
715 x Blades

Their new chips will likely be at worst, competitive with BFL and at best, competitive with Bitfury and KnC. They're not supposedly due till October though and by then, BFL should be almost through its backlog and KnC should be a month into shipping. Hopefully, BitFury based systems will be also be available for purchase as well.

Including what's already online and what's set to come online, AM have 250 Th/s, Avalon have 250 Th/s (including 150 Th/s from chip sales), BFL have 400 Th/s. Both Avalon and BFL will be continuously be ordering chips for sales. I don't think AM will order any more chips though until the next gen.

Devices from third party manufacturers should outnumber devices from ASIC manufacturers, simply due to their being more of them. Third party manufacturers will ensure that there's enough assembly capacity to handle the supply of chips.

Again , comparing a future product with superior feature to a current product in the market  is not making any sense for me .
And most people ,in this thread may not interest in  mining by their selves.  Again  a misleading comparison ....

You compare the price of the devices has nothing to do with our shareholder .

You order your super machine from BFL , you wait at home day by day...you received your machine ,you set -up. one day your girlfriend  spill water on it ,your super miners broken ,you investment is gone ....

For us , we invested today , we receiving money each week , we can sold it anytime we want...

Please stop comparing those two totally different things , this make non-sense at all...

BFL don't have super machines, but they do have better ASICs than AM and Avalon. BitFury currently have the best though. Those ASICs all exist right now. To pretend that they don't is just silly. Ignoring the implications of that can only lead to making poorly informed decisions, like paying too much for shares.
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:30:37 PM

just ignore him, he wants to drive the price down so that he can buy cheaper shares.

Whereas you just want to drive the price up so you can sell them and make a nice fat profit, caring not the slightest for what they're actually worth.
SOSLOVE868

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:33:38 PM

BFL don't have super machines, but they do have better ASICs than AM and Avalon. BitFury currently have the best though. Those ASICs all exist right now. To pretend that they don't is just silly. Ignoring the implications of that can only lead to making poorly informed decisions, like paying too much for shares.

The existing of them is true , but how many units they capable to supply to the market? one or two ?

This comparison just like use conceptual car to comparing current car... We all know that one day we will change our car to electricity , does this mean right now electric car has beaten patrol car Huh

The only thing is time , despite the fact of timing , it just non-sense comparison.

SOSLOVE868

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:41:02 PM

Whereas you just want to drive the price up so you can sell them and make a nice fat profit, caring not the slightest for what they're actually worth.

And In fact , You trying to comparing competitors mining rigs to what we pay for  the share made more and more non-sense.

Does those companies you mentioned issuing their shares in reachable exchanges ??

Does all people in this forum are interest in mining by themselves ??

If both answer are no, they must be.....AM still the only company in market that producing hardware and mining at same time..

This exclusive dominant is what I called monopoly position , since all of our share holders are take advantage over this monopoly position , Thus we can sell our shares in high price , because If you do not invest in AM , then most likely you will lose your money in BTC stocks market.

GIANNAT
Legendary

Activity: 1038
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin entrepreneur and Pro Trader

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 09:43:50 PM

I'm smelling a bubble pop soon   Roll Eyes

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:44:18 PM

Reposting page 20 with a few additions just making a summary post
No need to read 10 pages when you can just read 1 long post  Wink
Also note chkgk post on page 29

AM will not be beaten that easily  Wink

The competition may be heating up but I don't trust their rivals production capabilities just yet
They are worth noting but unless a product delivers it's just speculation.

Even if a product delivers and is shipped we don't have the information on Friedcats Gen 2 yet
We just know it will blow the current market on ASIC's.

I wouldn't really worry about them being under-powered to the competition until I know the true specs
Worth guessing at but it's not known yet.

They are maintaining the hash rate as well
The more units they produce the more demand and the market will dictate price.

We know they can produce but the question is how much do people want to buy with the knowledge they do deliver and won't make you wait a year or two XD.

A less risky investment than just having mining units
Plus Competition costs to produce hardware are very DAMN important

There will only ever be 400,000 shares and they don't plan on increasing that quantity
Perhaps a stock split but the pass-thrus do that already
So whats not sent to the dividend everyday grows the equity in the company  Wink

For everyday they have the monopoly that equity will grow a bit  Smiley
Well we need a financial statement to know how much but it's not as important as seeing results

BFL is not real until they do deliver more than the rare one comparing unicorns to horses, BFL is an accumulate bitcoin scheme that will deliver products when the price of mining with their own units becomes unprofitable while sending out the rare unit now and then to have more people buy into this scheme and in the meantime get to hold the money for free. As can be seen by the 100 dollar upgrade from 5 to 7 G/H
They will then announce more powerful units and toss the old ones away genius.
Pay peanuts, and you get monkeys.

If competition finally appears
Who's to say an Oligopoly doesn't form bwhahahaa

I heard the same thing in April, then May, then June, and now July, and now by the end of the year.  When will this competition arrive, again?

People will choose ASICminer as they can be shareholders and get a part of the dividend from buying hardware Smiley

Margin is King
If you make super powerful units but make very little from selling them but get a lot of demand or you make simple units using considered old technology and sell a modest amount.
In the end the profits could easily be the same and what matters is simply selling over the margin no matter how much competition their is an ASICMINER holds a competitive advantage on that.

In Friedcat we Trust

Additions
It is not overpriced until real competition proves it can compete with ASICMINER even with these calculations while competitors are moving they are not at a scale large enough to directly affect the share price.

Asicminer sells units and maintains the network hash rate what competitors promise is just imaginary until they can actually do so
Talk has and official value of a great fat 0

Generating money now is more profitable than having something that will not deliver for a year
I was checking the math and your argument on BFL unit presupposes the difference of mining during that one year with current tech
Vs Mining 1 year from now at the predicted difficulty using BFL.
In that vein just buying the equivalent in USB sticks to mine that one year your waiting would be as profitable

If other companies start shipping enough difficulty will also rise faster so first mover edge on competition is lower so its a deadly spiral of difficulty
Think it's cheap now lets see in one year what the real difficulty is
(You could hold some PMB bonds  Wink and save some money on buying these crud units from BFL with its fixed hashing power and save some electricity costs  Cool)

ASICMINER has a history of shipping and no false promises.
Not many other companies do

Most investors have considered it too (particularly those with more than "half a brain"), and that it is priced into the share price at the moment. There's no surprise that there will be competition. But AM has enormous competitive advantages - they won't be able to sell at 50 BTC anymore, but their process (130 nm) is most likely cheaper than all competitors, giving them better profit margins on their products.

This will become increasingly important if competition grows

The current monopoly-situation will eventually end, but AM has everything it takes to compete head-on with the competitors (and win) when they eventually arrive.
They have the experience and people know they ship. So I doubt they'll have trouble selling new hardware.
Reputation is very important

The next ASIC generation will come, shall it be KNC, Avalon or ASICMINER generation 2.
History showed us, what they are capable of doing and I have no reason to believe things will change fundamentally soon.

In addition

More competition doesn't necessary lead to reduced hardware profits for ASICminer
If AM sold 1000 blades then the market is 1000 miners a pop i think the demand was much larger than what AM could cover and could absorb more mners than were actually sold.
The margin is what is important
A competitive market with lower prices and revenue would drive the sales way up for AM too
That and AM can ramp up it's production rapidly even on fairly conservative estimates at a cheaper cost due to it's location

ASICMINER
Avalon
BFL
KnC
BitFury
Bitgarden
AMC

All of those companies could easily match each others hash rate once they have a working ASIC and we're bound to see a few more in the future. I believe we'll see AM settle at around 10-15% of the network share.

I'll believe it when I see it this becomes increasing harder the higher difficulty rises
Easier to make a dent when your first than after especially if your adding to the difficulty each time too
However if several of them are capable of doing so we got what Friedcat promised us Smiley
It will take time to see this occur so the pattern will be seen meaning the share price will adjust accordingly during that transition

The share price factors in this perceived risk as the yields are still very attractive
Could you show how you calculate a fair share price based on your assumptions
I could but it's been done if you do your research no need to teach everything to naive investors who don't attempt their own research
That said
I will say at
0.03376440   /share the yield is 26.48%  Based on dividend's from May 15 to now

You can raise the share price exponentially to determine yield at any given share price
But please do not assume AM has a share price of 0 in a year that would be a bit strange if you compare it to mining.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
chanson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:10:35 PM

BFL is not real until they do deliver more than the rare one comparing unicorns to horses, BFL is an accumulate bitcoin scheme that will deliver products when the price of mining with their own units becomes unprofitable while sending out the rare unit now and then to have more people buy into this scheme and in the meantime get to hold the money for free. As can be seen by the 100 dollar upgrade from 5 to 7 G/H

That's rich when promoting a company that sells devices at prices that will never return investment. You can't sell ASICs at GPU prices forever and if ASICminer actually relies on those sorts of margins they will be strangled. Friedcat seems like a shrewed guy and I bet he has plenty of tricks up his sleeves, but y'all act like Titantic passengers.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:22:48 PM

That's rich when promoting a company that sells devices at prices that will never return investment. You can't sell ASICs at GPU prices forever and if ASICminer actually relies on those sorts of margins they will be strangled. Friedcat seems like a shrewed guy and I bet he has plenty of tricks up his sleeves, but y'all act like Titantic passengers.

And you act like a person who hasn't done their research what pray tell was incorrect about the BFL statement
Have they delivered to their customers Nope just the rare advertising delivery
Are they planning on delivering Someday
Can they produce a lot Nope
Are they behind schedule Indubitably
A bird in hand is better than two in the bush

Promoting a company that sells devices at prices that will never return investment
Then why are people buying them  Wink
Unless my good sir you are saying your smarter than the whole bitcoin market

Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:30:19 PM

The existing of them is true , but how many units they capable to supply to the market? one or two ?

This comparison just like use conceptual car to comparing current car... We all know that one day we will change our car to electricity , does this mean right now electric car has beaten patrol car Huh

The only thing is time , despite the fact of timing , it just non-sense comparison.

Friday, 21st June - 1 Minirig, a few singles and a good few jalapenos.
Thursday, 20th June - 1 Minirig, a few singles and a good few jalapenos.
Wednesday, 19th June - A few singles and a good few jalapenos.
Tuesday, 18th June - 3 Minirigs and a good few jalapenos.

So that's 5 Minirigs, several Singles and a fair amount of Jalapenos. So, they shipped at least 2.5 Th/s and probably closer to around 4 Th/s last week.

Now that they're producing all models, production will ramp up. So, we should soon find out what they're production capacity is. I'm pretty sure I could assemble a Minirig in under 1 hour and more likely could assemble 2 - 4. So, I'd say at least 10 Minirigs a day easily. That's 5 Th/s per day, 35 Th/s per week, 150 Th/s per month. And that's just from a single person assembling Minirigs.

So, it basically depends on their supply of components, which they've had problems with.

AM need their wafers as soon as possible or those Minirigs could destroy AMs network share.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:34:53 PM

That would be impressive if it wasn't for this wall of Undelivered Orders
Did I mention thats over 4000  Cheesy
http://bfl.ptz.ro/

chanson

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:35:31 PM

Promoting a company that sells devices at prices that will never return investment

Relying on buyers to make irrational purchases isn't a long term or sustainable business plan. That's a collapse waiting to happen and an opportunity for your competitors. ASICminer enables the competition to exist because they cannot shut them out.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:37:04 PM

Relying on buyers to make irrational purchases isn't a long term or sustainable business plan. That's a collapse waiting to happen and an opportunity for your competitors. ASICminer allows the competition to exist because they cannot shut them out.

Just as relying on the future of something does not necessarily mean it has a value today

When an investor if you ever watch the Dragon's Den promotes a product they mention their sales and determine a company's value not based on future growth but on the present

This equally applies to all competition

Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:41:57 PM

Even if a product delivers and is shipped we don't have the information on Friedcats Gen 2 yet

We don't know that at all. In fact, I don't believe AM's or Avalon's next gen chips will be as good as BitFury's or KnC's, but I do think they'll be better than BFL's. If you have any evidence proving otherwise, the I'd be glad to change my opinion. Until then, it's just marketing talk.
chanson

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:42:29 PM

Just as relying on the future of something does not necessarily mean it has a value today

When an investor if you ever watch the Dragon's Den promotes a product they mention their sales and determine a company's value not based on future growth but on the present

The present: ASICminer is selling nothing except 1btc trinkets that are not worth 1btc. (They're fun trinkets though--but trinkets aren't serious mining hardware)
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:44:49 PM

And you act like a person who hasn't done their research what pray tell was incorrect about the BFL statement

Yes. They have. What planet are you living on?
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:52:05 PM

We don't know that at all. In fact, I don't believe AM's or Avalon's next gen chips will be as good as BitFury's or KnC's, but I do think they'll be better than BFL's. If you have any evidence proving otherwise, the I'd be glad to change my opinion. Until then, it's just marketing talk.

We have friedcats statements and he has a great track record of keeping his promises

You are correct in mentioning that we do not know yet but we will know soon enough
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg2537975#msg2537975
That said we do know they are adjusting the price to the market proactively
Originally the USB sticks were a fair bit more expensive than they are currently

The present: ASICminer is selling nothing except 1btc trinkets that are not worth 1btc. (They're fun trinkets though--but trinkets aren't serious mining hardware)

They are trinkets but the current demand for them is pretty high if you check the group buy threads
As a shareholder you care about sales not that they are overpriced  as it goes into your dividend every Wednesday  Wink

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:52:39 PM

Yes. They have. What planet are you living on?

Reality my good sir
That would be impressive if it wasn't for this wall of Undelivered Orders
Did I mention thats over 4000  
http://bfl.ptz.ro/
They still need to get out of 2012

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 266 »
  Print  

Jump to: