Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:14:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 266 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread  (Read 808655 times)
Factory

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:26:45 AM

Are you for real?

Hold on, let me check...

I am fairly certain EB is merely an apparition that is trapped within bitcointalk.

Real......in the sense we can interact with him.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:29:27 AM

Are you for real?

Hold on, let me check...

I am fairly certain EB is merely an apparition that is trapped within bitcointalk.

I read that as an application man that's one heck of a doc file Smiley
I am fairly certain EB is merely an application that is trapped within bitcointalk.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Factory

Activity: 259

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:31:51 AM

Are you for real?

Hold on, let me check...

I am fairly certain EB is merely an application that is trapped within bitcointalk.

Maybe he is an application. An apparition application.
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:43:58 AM

The recent push in price is because people are realizing that there is nowhere left in the land of Bitcoin to park your coins right now except in ASICMINER. Everything else on the market is just mental masturbation or else is charging a management fee to buy ASICMINER shares on your behalf. I don't see that changing over the near to medium term. GPU miners are packing it in and buying shares as these dividends are as close as the common man will get to mining from here on out.  PMBs are a joke - if you're not making the chips, you won't get them until they're irrelevant.
+1

(though I disagree with the rest of that post)

Now there are obviously several problems with this explanation:

@chkgk is right: 25% yield is definitely too low for such a risky business: for such a (relatively) small yield I would expect much more transparency.

I'm still quite optimistic and I'm not going to sell my shares, but I'm not buying much more either.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:53:11 AM

for the trolls that keep bringing up how BFL is going to slaughter AM next week with all these orders, I present a BFL order chart:
http://bfl.allalla.com/

boy, just look at that competition go...  yawn.

Nobody has even made such a claim here so you're arguing with yourself.

Now that you bring it up though, has AM received any of the chips from the new batch yet? If not, then the initial batch was only for 50 Th/s according to AM but I've also heard they had 66 Th/s as well. So, unless that new batch has started to arrive, AM can't increase their hash rate above either 50 TH/s or 66 Th/s. I believe they've had their hash rate as high as 46 Th/s so far. At least 3.5 TH/s have been used for USBs and at least 0.15 Th/s of Blades have been sold. With BFL shipping Minirigs and AM not having the ability to bring any further hashing power online, BFL would certainly be bringing more hashing power online.

Also, like I pointed out, a single person could quite easily assemble 10 Minirigs a day, which is 150 TH/s a month. AM's incoming batch of chips is 100 Th/s. So, even if AM do get their new batch in time, and bring all 100 Th/s online by the end of the month, BFL could have overtaken them in shipping. AM would then be waiting on the second half of the batch for their final 100 Th/s, yet BFL would be able to ship the remaining 70 Th/s of Minirig orders.

So please explain, how AM are going to bring tens of Th/s online per day when they don't even have the chips in hand to do so at the moment.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:21:35 AM

Are you for real?

Hold on, let me check...

Maybe he is an application. An apparition application.

That would be one heck of a hardcore spirit

Regarding the financial statement
It's a good question  put it in for submission and then vote for it when the investors survey comes out should be compiling questions still
To mabsark add in how will they do it to the investor question list  Cheesy

Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:23:37 AM

If you order from BFL now you risk that they will have their asses sued of them by everyone who ordered a Minirig. Which never shipped and the replacement product has 1/3 the hash power and is 3 times as expensive. I wouldn't pre-order from a company with such an uncertain future no matter how good their product is.
(emphasis added)

how good is "nothing"?

From another post:
"...It truly amazes me that Co's lie ASICMINER or SDICE, who roll around in thousands of BTC (hundreds of thousands of EUR) can not find a bookkeeper, who is capable compiling a proper P/L, C/F and the the balance sheet. All I can say is: "WTF!"

For f*** sake people, AM guys managed to design and manufacture the first ASIC chip and distribute it all around the world but can not find a little chink lady to do the numbers for them? Seriously?"
This bothers me a bit, but as long as the yield is so high, it is part of the equation.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:32:59 AM

If you order from BFL now you risk that they will have their asses sued of them by everyone who ordered a Minirig. Which never shipped and the replacement product has 1/3 the hash power and is 3 times as expensive. I wouldn't pre-order from a company with such an uncertain future no matter how good their product is.

On what basis could they be sued? Those unhappy can obtain a full refund at any time. If they decide not to get a refund, they'll get 3 x 500 Gh/s Minirigs instead of 1 x 1.5 Th/s Minirig.
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:01:54 AM

On what basis could they be sued? Those unhappy can obtain a full refund at any time. If they decide not to get a refund, they'll get 3 x 500 Gh/s Minirigs instead of 1 x 1.5 Th/s Minirig.

If you ordered a sports car with a max. speed of 300 Mph would you be satisfied if you would get 3 cars that can do 100 Mph instead? I wouldn't. The minirig buyers ordered a 1.5 Th/s device, not 3 500 Gh/s devices (with 3 times the power usage).
Endlessa

Activity: 335

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:03:13 AM

for the trolls that keep bringing up how BFL is going to slaughter AM next week with all these orders, I present a BFL order chart:
http://bfl.allalla.com/

boy, just look at that competition go...  yawn.

Nobody has even made such a claim here so you're arguing with yourself.

Now that you bring it up though, has AM received any of the chips from the new batch yet? If not, then the initial batch was only for 50 Th/s according to AM but I've also heard they had 66 Th/s as well. So, unless that new batch has started to arrive, AM can't increase their hash rate above either 50 TH/s or 66 Th/s. I believe they've had their hash rate as high as 46 Th/s so far. At least 3.5 TH/s have been used for USBs and at least 0.15 Th/s of Blades have been sold. With BFL shipping Minirigs and AM not having the ability to bring any further hashing power online, BFL would certainly be bringing more hashing power online.

Also, like I pointed out, a single person could quite easily assemble 10 Minirigs a day, which is 150 TH/s a month. AM's incoming batch of chips is 100 Th/s. So, even if AM do get their new batch in time, and bring all 100 Th/s online by the end of the month, BFL could have overtaken them in shipping. AM would then be waiting on the second half of the batch for their final 100 Th/s, yet BFL would be able to ship the remaining 70 Th/s of Minirig orders.

So please explain, how AM are going to bring tens of Th/s online per day when they don't even have the chips in hand to do so at the moment.

Or the facility to keep it running, even at it's current relatively meager speed.  This is what blows my noodle out.  The deployment of that much TH/s is no way going to be less complex than what seems lately (and earlier) to be unstable.  There still hasn't been a solid time of 50gh/s being run, much less 66 or 150 or 300.  The network will reach those speeds.

Then we account for the avalon chips (soon to be delivered? probably) there is 500k - 1 million of them and multiple groups building against them.  so another 150-300 TH/s there.(ish)

Now BFL . . . yes everybody is mad, yes they delivered later than expect. . .but cut through the hate, and look at what they've actually done lately.  They chewed through 3500 chips in a matter of days.  And are receiving 1000s of boards to assemble this week.  70,000 more chips in the pipe. Another 200-300 Th/s. MR alone is big. and they are bulk selling raw chips as well.  Expecting to catch up their orders mid september.  You can't just dismiss that if your being analytical. Don't trust the bfl "list" it's complete bs, most people aren't on it

kncminer.  Well have to see what happens with them, but if they land within 3 months of their estimation, and hold that they have 1000 orders. another 200-300 Th/s.

so friedcat needs to higher a village of engineers real quick.  and figure out the stability issues.

on top of which, I see no substantiation or transparency of fact within AM.  I'm amazed how "faith" based this whole adventure is Smiley

Maybe I'm just not capable of that kind of belief . . .

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:15:08 AM

I hope bitfountain is having alerts ringing..
TECHICENINE

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 10:21:39 AM

I hope bitfountain is having alerts ringing..

bitfountain in New York?..thanks
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:32:58 AM

If you ordered a sports car with a max. speed of 300 Mph would you be satisfied if you would get 3 cars that can do 100 Mph instead? I wouldn't. The minirig buyers ordered a 1.5 Th/s device, not 3 500 Gh/s devices (with 3 times the power usage).

Not being satisfied is no basis for suing someone. They can accept the alternative offering or they can accept a full refund.
ex-trader

Activity: 298

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:40:27 AM

From another post:
"...It truly amazes me that Co's lie ASICMINER or SDICE, who roll around in thousands of BTC (hundreds of thousands of EUR) can not find a bookkeeper, who is capable compiling a proper P/L, C/F and the the balance sheet. All I can say is: "WTF!"

This is a big concern for almost every Bitcoin Business.

Same applies to many companies like SDice, AsicMiner, MPOE etc etc. They have all grown quickly into big successful business making loads of BTC, but all still operate like one-man bands, with the founders doing all the PR and numbers. They need to act like proper $50-$100m+ businesses and have proper PR communications on scheduled basis, proper websites and proper financial statements. They should also all stop this nonsense of reporting and paying dividends weekly, it is a distraction and is not done in 'the real world' for a good reason i.e. income volatility and it's a waste of time.

On a similar matter, the exchanges and gambling sites need to get regulated and the mining devices should be sold with FCC/CE certification.

Ultimately as Bitcoin grows it will have to become more professional, ignoring rules never works out well in the end.......ignorance is no defence of the law.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:56:18 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2013, 12:13:32 PM by freedomno1

I trust the wild west companies more than Wall street finances but at least those are real even if stock crashes happen they beat Hollywood Finance lol
I agree they need an accountant but I see no reason not to keep a weekly dividend fluctuations will happen on a monthly basis as well
The process of sending a dividend in bitcoin is not really that difficult with the mass send function so would not be too concerned about that
Regulation is complicated and goes beyond the scope you need to specify what kind Finance is murky at best at this time.
Physical goods would be subject to Chinese regulations not American ones etc.
Electrical is applicable to IEC standards

Certifications and product safety ratings on ASIC's is an interesting way to view legal though will give you props on that goes to mail that one as a shareholder question if no one else does

SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:12:25 PM

Wow, again ,droop to 14% .,,I am waiting for panic selling ....

where  is the panic selling ?people still trade it for BTC3.4....this unbelievable
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:13:08 PM

where  is the panic selling ?people still trade it for BTC3.4....this unbelievable
people have faith in friedcat.
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:16:29 PM

On a similar matter, the exchanges and gambling sites need to get regulated and the mining devices should be sold with FCC/CE certification.
lololololol

If you're trying to convert him, you're doing it wrong. The magic words you're looking for are wololo, not lololololol!  Cheesy
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:27:51 PM

This is a bad news......I want my shares back .... Sad
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:34:51 PM

This is a bad news......I want my shares back .... Sad

Hilarious! Remember me saying:

I'll wait for the bubble to burst and scoop up a load of shares at a fair price, while laughing at SOSLOVE screaming all over the place that Friedcat scammed him and is evil.

Wololo!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 266 »
  Print  

Jump to: