Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:15:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is holding bitcoin Greedy?  (Read 13247 times)
selectaselectine

Activity: 235
Merit: 16

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:41:59 AM

Do you actually think it is? The answer is no. Just because you have Bitcoin doesn't make you greedy. If, only if, you tried to do things that will make another person suffer for the reason that you want to be superior - like to look like you're above everyone else by doing dirty tactics and if you tried to abuse somebody else's kindness then that makes you one.

SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:19:43 AM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
Holding is one way of ensuring the value of bitcoin rises and it has nothing to do with greed, let us not forget bitcoin was worth peanuts some time back and very few people took this technology seriously.

We've all read that story in the school with the moral "Greed is a Curse".
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?
Nothing like greed here, people want to be spoon fed all the time and for anyone to be successful they need to sacrifice resources to enjoy the investment in the future. Backfire lol just invest and stop asking too many questions Smiley
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:28:10 AM

Holding bitcoins is the right thing to do today because the value is keep on increasing and if you doubt about the future of bitcoins then you can look at the history of this coin how it grows from time to time and you will realize that this is the best investment as of today.
I think it should be consider as wise decision and not to be consider as greedy. I think holding bitcoin in the right time is too much important to make good money.
after all everyone who invests in bitcoin wants an advantage so I think holding bitcoin to wait for higher prices to get bigger profits is a natural thing in investing and trading dude. so it is not a greedy if some person hold longer their bitcoin. because waiting is also part of a trade
henry1997

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:37:54 AM

if I think it is suitable for detention for the present because it is seen from the volume of bitcoin is currently green and high barrier and its wall is very strong to stabilize the price and to the pump to be up to $ 15,000 per coin it because it is now time to hold up to see its volume is the more it decreases the time it is sold and prepares the funds to buy back its bitcoin
xDsoGood

Activity: 190
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:42:15 AM

No, holding bitcoin is a perfect strategy for me because I can exchange it if i'm satisfy with the value of it, or holding it till there some emergency purposes
SmokerFace

Activity: 958
Merit: 265

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:41:00 AM

I don't think that HOLDING your bitcoins for long days is Greedy, Making a short trade when bitcoin value are on Pump and Dump stage are greedy because holding your bitcoins is safe than Short trading because sometimes if you're late to ride in new Ath due to short trading you will lose some profit unlike Holding bitcoins is safe for making profit but short tradings is more gains of profit but risky if you're not a professional trader.
wjchong

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 11:06:21 AM

Is holding bitcoin Greedy?
No, not at all holding Bitcoin is not greedy but many people holding Bitcoin like they investing there money for there future needs and for good profit. Its not a greedy but it is smart action to invest money for future.

BTC BTC MY SAFE HOUSE :- A home that can protect your wealth and life of your families during disaster. BTC
poisonivy77

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:17:04 AM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

It is not being greedy at all it is just you are just becoming smart enough to hold bitcoin. It is more like investing for the greater good of your investment.

bitfornewbs

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:31:58 AM

It is different, a person holding his bitcoin may not want to say a greedy but its their strategy or just say being smart in able them to have the right time for bitcoin. After all they will use it until the time has come.
rubikz

Activity: 175

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:38:14 AM

I don't think it's greedy to hold bitcoin but a wise decision. You can gain a lot of profits when you know how to play the market.

Mr.Smithers

Activity: 105

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:42:20 AM

Recently I have read an excelent article on coindesk detailing that what is now considered to be greed used to be considered a virtue of saving money in previous generations.  I don't know what is the root cause of that culture of consumption that we have nowadays, but I agree with the author, that bitcoin may be a cure to this culture: that maybe future generations will learn to save money thanks to using bitcoin.

I wish you luck and please consider "hodling" as a virtue, not greed ! Smiley
MRY

Activity: 546
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 11:53:55 AM

holding bitcoin for too long can not be said to be greedy, this is a business and in the business must be looking for a lot of profits, for investors would also be looking for profits, as long as they can still get it they will hold it for a good price

Wittycoin

Activity: 696
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:00:13 PM

Holding bitcoin is not greedy because it is a trader's dtrategy to hold the bitcoin and then sell it in its peak. 
dimonstration

Activity: 2632
Merit: 696

Dimon69

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:19:10 PM

holding bitcoin for too long can not be said to be greedy, this is a business and in the business must be looking for a lot of profits, for investors would also be looking for profits, as long as they can still get it they will hold it for a good price

and some this is their way on how they can have some saving in the future and they think that on that way of their strategy is the best that they can do so they can have some money in the future.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
1969Dave

Activity: 116

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:20:15 PM

It's not greedy to hold bitcoin, it's a wise investment decision to hold them ... buy and hold!

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:28:24 PM

No, holding bitcoin is a perfect strategy for me because I can exchange it if i'm satisfy with the value of it, or holding it till there some emergency purposes

It is true.  Holding bitcoin does not mean that we are greedy.  It is just the same as having our money or putting our money in the bank right?  And we are not called greedy if we save our money.  And because of the efforts we exerted, it is just right to keep our bitcoin so as to secure our future.  Having bitcoin and holding them is sort of securing it for the future of our family.  For them to live a comfortable life.
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:39:46 PM

I do not think so, I think they hold bitcoin because they will sell it in the future, I think it is not greedy. they withhold the bitcoin they have, meaning they are paid to consider the benefits they will gain in the future.

arcfaith

Activity: 100
Merit: 13

Work smart, Play hard

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:20:06 PM

Nope it's not. Majority of bitcoin holders are traders and investors. So if they have the mindset to park their cash in bitcoin, it would be because it is profitable. So not letting go is not considered greedy but instead far-sighted.

lamjed

Activity: 104
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:26:50 PM

i don't think that greedy ! everyone want to maximize there profit even you i think . but risky is better word then greedy . because like you said they can hold BTC and then backfire happen and they lose everything
TheGreatUnknown

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:30:17 PM

I don't think its greedy, I mean we should refer it as a strategy because some people just keep their bitcoins and wait for a higher prices where they can sell it on a higher value but this is not a sure thing that the bitcoin will continually rise its value I think for the people for are holding their bitcoins is that they trust in bitcoin that's why they keep it. they trust that it will continue to rise!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: