Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:38:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining | 15% POS | 18.07% Term Deposit  (Read 107933 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (15 posts by 2+ users deleted.)
rohitm

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 07:46:04 PM

Whatever became of the Yobit listing?  I thought the dev provided proof a long time ago that Yobit listing was paid for?

It'll be taken forward once the fork happens and the network stabilizes.

TheRaster

Activity: 391
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:03:29 PM

Update on cluster mining:

After much hard testing (2 Weeks) I can now give you the best way to mine the cluster.

If you mine the cluster the best way is with more ram!!!

So to max block finds more ram is your friend.

Testing was done with:

HP DL580 G7

4 x E7-4850

128GB ram

With all 80 threads active.

The best settings I found to max block finding was 10 threads (around 80-140 hs) 8 instances, So 8 GB ram.

When mining the cluster hash speed is not so important as it is on a pool because its scanning 1 GB Pattern to build the block and because pools pay by hash speed but the cluster pays by block. But you still need abit of speed to find that pattern on the ram. Remember the block time is 2 mins so your rig has 2 mins to find the best pattern. And remember that each pattern (1gb ram instance) is not the same as the other.
On the cluster I found I got more blocks found with around 100 hash per sec on each 1 gb instance.

When making the bat files I added a new address to each one and called it instance 1, instance 2 and so on on the wallet. So I could see what was making the most coin.

So if you have a CPU that gives 400 hs and you have 8gb ram then set up 4 instances to connect to the cluster node.

This is for the cluster only. I have not tested 100% solo on my own wallet.
It will have no benerfit to the pool other than showing the pool has more miners.

Give it a go and see if it works for you Cheesy

Raster.

EDIT:

I would also like to point out that in time mining is going to be hard.

We need to remember that the coin puts out around 720 blocks a day @ a block every 2 mins.

so in time there will be a point where even the cluster will become hard work to mine on and pool will become the only shore way to make coins. So make the most of the low network hash rates.

How to add more ram then ? Currently it uses around (1045MB) out of 16GB in my task manager 

Hi Blue9999,

Easy if you have a 8 thread CPU and you get say 800 HS from it just make it run 2 instances. So you make 2 .bat files

EG..

Code:
hodlminer.exe -a hodl --url=http://roi.hopto.org:23110 -u mine -p miner -t 4 --coinbase-addr=RTnA5ZfN1aPN1HxFwrcBRJe7PH4HggRDbv

and

Code:
hodlminer.exe -a hodl --url=http://roi.hopto.org:23110 -u mine -p miner -t 4 --coinbase-addr=RJsFF8fgC7QVYvVSa93x8J2VhTtiS1mtwz

You can do more instances (.bat files but you will need to remove some threads. I found that it was best to have 50-100hs per instance when solo mining the cluster.

So if I had a 8 thread CPU I would make 4 .bat files with -t 2 so it would be using 4 gb of ram.

I made new wallet address's EG... Instance 1, Instance 2, Instance 3 and so on in order to see what amount of hash got the best rate of blocks.

rh154c0d3

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:09:28 PM

so, should i register to the website?i really don't get it how to start mining it. sorry, i'm just a noobs. can i get some explanation here what to do so i can start mining this coin with my cpu?

already tried from wallet. i don't see anything happened on the software. i found mining in top menu of the software. but i don't see anything happened then. what to do exactly in the software?
Blue9999

Activity: 107

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:10:42 PM

@ TheRaster : thank you I have started 2 (cmd) or instances with (4 thread each) let's see how it goes  Smiley

so, should i register to the website?i really don't get it how to start mining it. sorry, i'm just a noobs. can i get some explanation here what to do so i can start mining this coin with my cpu?

already tried from wallet. i don't see anything happened on the software. i found mining in top menu of the software. but i don't see anything happened then. what to do exactly in the software?

solo mining is not recommended you should either go for pool or cluster mining
cobfor

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:44:15 AM

One of my term deposit has been showing this - Matured (Warning: this amount is no longer earning interest of any kind)

what do I do now ? How to bring the coins back to my main account so that I can deposit them again

thx

That warning means the term deposit has finished and so the coins are no longer getting any ROI.

You have to now move those coins and "reset" them.

Please go to top of wallet and click "Receive coins" tab and create a new address. You may want to label it something like "Reset Stake Coins 12-12-2017" so you can keep track of things in your wallet.

Now go back to top of wallet and click on "Settings" and then click on "Options"

Now click on "Display" and then find check box "Display coin control features (experts only) and check that box then click apply and click OK

Now back to top of wallet and click "Send Coins"

In the "Pay To: box paste the receive address you made for "Reset Stake Coins 12-12-2017" and then find and click the "Inputs" button

Scroll down and find this term deposit with the warning. Double check and make sure that it is the exact amount and is a perfect match. Check the little box on the left for that entry and click OK

Now look at the Amount: that is displayed and copy that amount.

Now enter that Amount in the Amount: box and click the Send button.

You have now created a new receive address, used coin control features to locate that completed term deposit, sent those coins to yourself, and reset them for staking.

Now when you go to top of wallet and click "Overview" check again and verify that the term deposit coins with the warning is now gone...

Each time a term deposit completes you will need to do this procedure to "reset" it.

Hello there,

I was wondering if someone can help me with "Matured (Warning: this amount is no longer earning interest of any kind) ".

I read details above, but I can't find what is described.

For example:

1. "Now click on "Display" and then find check box "Display coin control features (experts only) and check that box then click apply and click OK" does not exist.
When I go to Display, I only see these options:
User interface language:
Unit to show amounts in:
Third party transaction URLs

2. click the "Inputs" button. Scroll down and find this term deposit with the warning.

I do not see deposit with these warnings under "Inputs" but they are shown on the front screen of wallet under "ROIcoin Term Deposits"

I would like to reset these 2X 120 coins but I can't find them anywhere but on the front screen.

I appreciate any help.

▬▬ ROI Coin ▬▬
✭ CPU Based Solo/Pool Mining ✭  (https://roi-coin.com/)
altrego

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:29:19 AM

One of my term deposit has been showing this - Matured (Warning: this amount is no longer earning interest of any kind)

what do I do now ? How to bring the coins back to my main account so that I can deposit them again

thx

That warning means the term deposit has finished and so the coins are no longer getting any ROI.

You have to now move those coins and "reset" them.

Please go to top of wallet and click "Receive coins" tab and create a new address. You may want to label it something like "Reset Stake Coins 12-12-2017" so you can keep track of things in your wallet.

Now go back to top of wallet and click on "Settings" and then click on "Options"

Now click on "Display" and then find check box "Display coin control features (experts only) and check that box then click apply and click OK

Now back to top of wallet and click "Send Coins"

In the "Pay To: box paste the receive address you made for "Reset Stake Coins 12-12-2017" and then find and click the "Inputs" button

Scroll down and find this term deposit with the warning. Double check and make sure that it is the exact amount and is a perfect match. Check the little box on the left for that entry and click OK

Now look at the Amount: that is displayed and copy that amount.

Now enter that Amount in the Amount: box and click the Send button.

You have now created a new receive address, used coin control features to locate that completed term deposit, sent those coins to yourself, and reset them for staking.

Now when you go to top of wallet and click "Overview" check again and verify that the term deposit coins with the warning is now gone...

Each time a term deposit completes you will need to do this procedure to "reset" it.

Hello there,

I was wondering if someone can help me with "Matured (Warning: this amount is no longer earning interest of any kind) ".

I read details above, but I can't find what is described.

For example:

1. "Now click on "Display" and then find check box "Display coin control features (experts only) and check that box then click apply and click OK" does not exist.
When I go to Display, I only see these options:
User interface language:
Unit to show amounts in:
Third party transaction URLs

2. click the "Inputs" button. Scroll down and find this term deposit with the warning.

I do not see deposit with these warnings under "Inputs" but they are shown on the front screen of wallet under "ROIcoin Term Deposits"

I would like to reset these 2X 120 coins but I can't find them anywhere but on the front screen.

I appreciate any help.

Hello, I guess you should just send these coins to yourself. Go to the 'recieve addresses' window, generate receiving address and send your coins to it.
cobfor

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:32:28 AM

I want to send them to myself but how am I going to find address (chose it) of those matured ones, so I can send them to myself? That's the whole issue. I can't find them anywhere as matured ones.

▬▬ ROI Coin ▬▬
DisasterFaster (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:34:29 AM

I want to send them to myself but how am I going to find address (chose it) of those matured ones, so I can send them to myself? That's the whole issue. I can't find them anywhere as matured ones.

You will need to enable coin control features. If you have done that great but if not - at top of wallet click on settings and then click on options and then click the wallet tab and then check the box that says Enable coin control features then click ok.

Now when you click on send at the upper left you will see an area labeled Coin Control Features. In that area you will see a button labeled Inputs...

Click the Inputs... button and a new window pops up.

You will see columns from left to right - Amount | Input | Interest | Received with label | etc etc

The easiest way to find your matured term deposit is to look at the Input column. Find the input column number that exactly matches how many coins you term deposited. Check that box and click ok.

Now you can put the Pay To: address in there which you already created as a receive address. You can add a label if you like. You must then put the Amount in there and what I always do is look at the Coin Control Features section and you will see Quantity: - Amount: - Fee: - After Fee:

Take your mouse and copy the Amount: and then paste that in the Amount box. Now check the box that says Subtract fee from amount and then send the coins. When you return back to the overview tab you will be able to see in the lower section of the wallet that those coins with the matured interest warning have been removed.

In the future and to make things much easier you can make use of labels. When you create a term deposit give it a label like this: Term Deposit 12-1-2017 3 months 10000 Coins. This way when it matures and you need to hunt it down in the coin control features the label will give you helpful details to find it easier. This becomes more important if you have many term deposits and if you term deposit the same amount of coins numerous times.

The ROI Coin roadmap has us on track to create a full series of video tutorials and this is one of the things that will be covered. Right now the fork is imminent and we are hard at work getting the white paper done before the deadline (3rd quarter 2017) and also busy reworking the website and building out the online paper wallet. Bear with us there is a lot of work to be done but soon the community will have access to full suite of tutorial videos that will cover everything one might need to know.

TheRaster

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:32:32 PM

You will need to enable coin control features. If you have done that great but if not - at top of wallet click on settings and then click on options and then click the wallet tab and then check the box that says Enable coin control features then click ok.

Now when you click on send at the upper left you will see an area labeled Coin Control Features. In that area you will see a button labeled Inputs...

You will see columns from left to right - Amount | Input | Interest | Received with label | etc etc

The easiest way to find your matured term deposit is to look at the Input column. Find the input column number that exactly matches how many coins you term deposited. Check that box and click ok.

Now you can put the Pay To: address in there which you already created as a receive address. You can add a label if you like. You must then put the Amount in there and what I always do is look at the Coin Control Features section and you will see Quantity: - Amount: - Fee: - After Fee:

Take your mouse and copy the Amount: and then paste that in the Amount box. Now check the box that says Subtract fee from amount and then send the coins. When you return back to the overview tab you will be able to see in the lower section of the wallet that those coins with the matured interest warning have been removed.

In the future and to make things much easier you can make use of labels. When you create a term deposit give it a label like this: Term Deposit 12-1-2017 3 months 10000 Coins. This way when it matures and you need to hunt it down in the coin control features the label will give you helpful details to find it easier. This becomes more important if you have many term deposits and if you term deposit the same amount of coins numerous times.

The ROI Coin roadmap has us on track to create a full series of video tutorials and this is one of the things that will be covered. Right now the fork is imminent and we are hard at work getting the white paper done before the deadline (3rd quarter 2017) and also busy reworking the website and building out the online paper wallet. Bear with us there is a lot of work to be done but soon the community will have access to full suite of tutorial videos that will cover everything one might need to know.

One of the most intresting things about this coin is just how active the devs are. I love the fact that you guys dont wait on others to post tuts to the other miners/users of the coins. If one of the dev team see a user asking for help you help.

+1 all round for this.

Blue9999

Activity: 107

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:45:24 PM

Yeap the devs are very active and because of that we love this project.

Btw I have one question about the upcoming fork will it fix the term deposit interest rate of the current ones or only the future ones ? or both
cryptoRX

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:53:50 PM

Yeap the devs are very active and because of that we love this project.

Btw I have one question about the upcoming fork will it fix the term deposit interest rate of the current ones or only the future ones ? or both

Only the future ones. They did mention that the rates for existing deposits will remain untouched.
cobfor

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:37:10 PM

I  really appreciate the time you spent on writing the answer. That's why I wanted to ask question before the fork, when you might have a few minutes of time.

Trust me, I did everything you described already. I learned my lesson and now I label everything but these two mined coins where among the first ones I have and I deposited them to see how it all works.
You suggested "Find the input column number that exactly matches how many coins you term deposited. " That is an issue.

There is one instance of 120 coins that matured and I can not locate that one. The problem is that amount is exactly 120.0000 and I have several ones on "input" with that exact same amount. I was able to locate another one as it was very specific amount of 120.0002457. I am guessing and hoping that all matured ones are on "Input" list *this one was) and I will just deposit them all at the same time, so I don't need to pick that particular one.

Thanks for all your hard work

▬▬ ROI Coin ▬▬
xn1ght

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:51:57 PM

Less than 1000 blocks to go before fork!  Cheesy
TheRaster

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:04:10 PM

I still cant get over the fact that the coin is about to be forked but it is going to go so smooth. The amount of coins over the years I have mined and had bad forks. Love the fact that they was ready for the fork weeks back.

TheRaster

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:45:37 PM

Interesting coin! I think this is a really nice project.. I want to start mining in the pool. are you interested in a translation for the romanian section? I could do it!

I would do the Translation and then show the devs. They will reward you for your work.

Dastrike351

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

Hello World!

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:44:34 PM

900 Go baby go!!!  Grin
cryptochamo

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:08:01 PM

hello everyone, new to this coin.

is there a cap on the amount of coins to ever be in circulation? is there a reward drop over time?
cobfor

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:54:00 PM

That's just crazy. A person just deposited 589617.10033113 ROI coins. That person will have 13,000,000 coins on March 30, 2019. Even if ROI stays on 0.00000047 BTC, that's around $120K. Lucky one!

It seems that ROI is a great coin to invest into.

▬▬ ROI Coin ▬▬
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 10:23:58 PM

That's just crazy. A person just deposited 589617.10033113 ROI coins. That person will have 13,000,000 coins on March 30, 2019. Even if ROI stays on 0.00000047 BTC, that's around $120K. Lucky one!

It seems that ROI is a great coin to invest into.

jesus hell tho, to wait that long for the coins?  what did they cost him now, over 5200$? 
His bet here might be the price of BTC itself Cheesy   
even if ROI is worth 10 satoshi, BTC will prob be 60k+ USD by then.
Smart move if your just looking to tie up some funds for a while, but dont lose that priv key! haha

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
DisasterFaster (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:46:35 PM

Current calculations project the fork to occur on or around 2 a.m. Monday December 18th central standard time.

On another note some of these recent treads has got me to thinking a nice wallet improvement would be a feature update that provides a simpler way to locate term deposits that have expired as well as staking coins that have expired. You know an easy way to click - click and reset them.
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: