Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:44:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining | 15% POS | 18.07% Term Deposit  (Read 107927 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (15 posts by 2+ users deleted.)
CryptoMarv

Activity: 154
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:30:30 AM

Cluster all updated and awaiting fork Smiley
I have sent the pool owner a message to.

Thank you very much. Only 34 blocks left until fork.  Cool Hope everything like cluster, pool or wallet will work without any problems.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altrego

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:41:38 AM

Cluster all updated and awaiting fork Smiley
I have sent the pool owner a message to.

Thank you very much. Only 34 blocks left until fork.  Cool Hope everything like cluster, pool or wallet will work without any problems.

Last chance to put overvalued term deposits for 1 year. 1000roi will become 22000roi
DisasterFaster (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:48:42 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 08:44:11 AM by DisasterFaster

About 25 blocks left to go and your dev team is ready!

EDIT: make that 15 blocks Cheesy

EDIT: make that 7 blocks Cheesy

EDIT: make that ... uh yep we are forked Cheesy
CryptoMarv

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:05:54 AM

Smiley Congratulations to the dev team! They made a great job for the fork I think. My wallet is still working fine.
DisasterFaster (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:11:11 AM

Smiley Congratulations to the dev team! They made a great job for the fork I think. My wallet is still working fine.

Yes testing on our end was good. We were able to mine up to and right through the fork without any noticeable change. POS and term deposits pre-fork look fine and post fork term deposits have tested and are the proper amount. As far as we can tell on this end this was one exceptional transition from pre to post fork!
aristaeux

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:18:33 AM

Good catch! I just tried to find contact info for the pool owner, to have him warned, but no luck   Shocked. I guess there is no point of mining with that pool after the fork unless pool gets upgraded to 1.1.
73 blocks to go  ...

Sorry how are you able to check it is the older version?
DisasterFaster (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:38:22 AM

Good catch! I just tried to find contact info for the pool owner, to have him warned, but no luck   Shocked. I guess there is no point of mining with that pool after the fork unless pool gets upgraded to 1.1.
73 blocks to go  ...

At the top of the wallet click Help and then click About ROIcoin Core

The very top line will give you the info you ask about such as this from my wallet:

ROIcoin Core version v1.1.0.000 (64-bit)

aristaeux

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:41:37 AM

73 blocks to go  ...

The very top line will give you the info you ask about such as this from my wallet:

Sorry, what I meant was the pool, how did he/she know that the pool was running on the older version?
DisasterFaster (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:48:34 AM

73 blocks to go  ...

Sorry, what I meant was the pool, how did he/she know that the pool was running on the older version?

If you go to http://coinspool.cu.cc/info_roicoin and look at the center green column labeled Pool it displays the Daemon version as 1.0.2.7

This should mean the pool is not on the updated wallet but then again it is possible this is just optics and this info hasn't been updated yet and they could be running the new wallet. So far and as far as I know the pool operator has not responded to requests on this issue. The pool operator has done a good job thus far and I have no worries everything will be taken care of Cheesy
aristaeux

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:52:56 AM

73 blocks to go  ...

If you go to http://coinspool.cu.cc/info_roicoin and look at the center green column labeled Pool it displays the Daemon version as 1.0.2.7

This should mean the pool is not on the updated wallet but then again it is possible this is just optics and this info hasn't been updated yet and they could be running the new wallet. So far and as far as I know the pool operator has not responded to requests on this issue. The pool operator has done a good job thus far and I have no worries everything will be taken care of Cheesy

ic, thanks for the prompt reply. I've switched over to cluster mining for now just to be save, don't want to get banned.

Also how would your banning work if the pool owner doesn't upgrade to the new wallet? what happens to all those new shiny coins that were mined using the old version? Would the server blockchain automatically reject them? I'm curious how that mechanism works, if you are willing to share. Thanks!
CryptoMarv

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:53:08 AM

73 blocks to go  ...

Pool is on block 25022 but wallet and block explorer is on block 25018. So I Think there could be a problem with the pool.
DisasterFaster (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:01:52 AM

Good catch! I just tried to find contact info for the pool owner, to have him warned, but no luck   Shocked. I guess there is no point of mining with that pool after the fork unless pool gets upgraded to 1.1.
73 blocks to go  ...

ic, thanks for the prompt reply. I've switched over to cluster mining for now just to be save, don't want to get banned.

Also how would your banning work if the pool owner doesn't upgrade to the new wallet? what happens to all those new shiny coins that were mined using the old version? Would the server blockchain automatically reject them? I'm curious how that mechanism works, if you are willing to share. Thanks!

So without getting overly technical let's just say the code in the new wallet is able to take a look and see the version of a node trying to connect to our network and it can decide that version is not the proper current version and then reject it. All of this is done automatically. So if a wallet is not upgraded at the time of this fork block 25000 then that wallet will not be able to connect to our network of nodes any longer. Banned, kicked off, evicted are some words that come to mind. The reason this is necessary is to prevent someone from gaming the system by running the previous version and taking advantage of the incorrect/inflated interest rates.

In terms of what happens to those shiny new coins. That is a bit of a situation to say. So picture this in your mind and get a visual: we had a blockchain running only one running mind you so picture this horizontal line.... then exactly at the fork - that horizontal line splits into 2 and now you have two parallel horizontal lines after the fork. You know essentially 2 parallel blockchains running side by side. They both exist and they both contain the same coins that existed prior to the fork.

Now going forward past that fork these 2 different parallel chains are not interchangeable. One chain can't send coins to the other chain and vise verse. They are literally two different animals. So past the fork coins mined on chain 1 are only good on chain 1. Coins mined on chain 2 are only good on chain 2. If you are on the old version after the fork and mine coins those coins will be rejected by the new version. But, both chains do exist and both chains do have coins and both chains can move forward and continue to live.

A great example of this was when Bitcoin forked into Bitcoin Cash. I had a bitcoin wallet running and I had a bitcoin cash wallet running before the fork. After the fork I got free coins. The same amount of bitcoins i had before the fork i then had in my bitcoin cash wallet after the fork. The coins doubled and the new free batch of coins is on the BitcoinCash fork. After this fork the same coins exist on both chains and yet the coins cannot pass back and forth but are stuck on one of the 2 chains.

If this is not clear let me know what questions you might have.
ghobson

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

Crypto Developer

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:04:33 AM

73 blocks to go  ...

Pool is on block 25022 but wallet and block explorer is on block 25018. So I Think there could be a problem with the pool.

There is nothing wrong,
The block explorer uses a cronjob to update every few minutes , this is to reduce the load on the wallet daemon.
So it won't be exactly up to date to the second.

Join the boid community, earn crypto while doing real research with your cpu/gpu boid.com
CryptoMarv

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:10:08 AM

73 blocks to go  ...

There is nothing wrong,
The block explorer uses a cronjob to update every few minutes , this is to reduce the load on the wallet daemon.
So it won't be exactly up to date to the second.

Are you sure? When you take a look here "http://coinspool.cu.cc/blocks_roicoin", you see that the pool has found all blocks since 25003. Very strange. Also when you take a look at the timestamp for block 25025 for example: explorer: 10:05 oh clock, pool 9:57 o clock.
aristaeux

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:18:47 AM

So without getting overly technical let's just say the code in the new wallet is able to take a look and see the version of a node trying to connect to our network and it can decide that version is not the proper current version and then reject it. All of this is done automatically. So if a wallet is not upgraded at the time of this fork block 25000 then that wallet will not be able to connect to our network of nodes any longer. Banned, kicked off, evicted are some words that come to mind. The reason this is necessary is to prevent someone from gaming the system by running the previous version and taking advantage of the incorrect/inflated interest rates.

In terms of what happens to those shiny new coins. That is a bit of a situation to say. So picture this in your mind and get a visual: we had a blockchain running only one running mind you so picture this horizontal line.... then exactly at the fork - that horizontal line splits into 2 and now you have two parallel horizontal lines after the fork. You know essentially 2 parallel blockchains running side by side. They both exist and they both contain the same coins that existed prior to the fork.

Now going forward past that fork these 2 different parallel chains are not interchangeable. One chain can't send coins to the other chain and vise verse. They are literally two different animals. So past the fork coins mined on chain 1 are only good on chain 1. Coins mined on chain 2 are only good on chain 2. If you are on the old version after the fork and mine coins those coins will be rejected by the new version. But, both chains do exist and both chains do have coins and both chains can move forward and continue to live.

A great example of this was when Bitcoin forked into Bitcoin Cash. I had a bitcoin wallet running and I had a bitcoin cash wallet running before the fork. After the fork I got free coins. The same amount of bitcoins i had before the fork i then had in my bitcoin cash wallet after the fork. The coins doubled and the new free batch of coins is on the BitcoinCash fork. After this fork the same coins exist on both chains and yet the coins cannot pass back and forth but are stuck on one of the 2 chains.

So if i'm one of these 80 odd people still connected to the pool, and if the pool is using the old daemon which is generating the old version of the blockchain. What happens to those 80 odd people. All of them will get banned? Does this ban last forever, or would it be possible to revert back to a previous point, and resync back to the new blockchain?
CryptoMarv

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:23:04 AM

So if i'm one of these 80 odd people still connected to the pool, and if the pool is using the old daemon which is generating the old version of the blockchain. What happens to those 80 odd people. All of them will get banned? Does this ban last forever, or would it be possible to revert back to a previous point, and resync back to the new blockchain?

If your wallet is up to date everything is fine for you and your coins in your wallet. But IF the pool really uses old version, the pool would not be able to send you coins (old version) to your wallet (new version).
teddy_can

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:36:59 AM

hey guys
i have some hardware at home that i can use to mine
what should i consider to choose between solo mining and pool mining?
why si every1 speaking of clusters?
thx a lot
aristaeux

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:43:48 AM

hey guys
thx a lot

There are 3 modes of mining for this coin,
1) solo
2) cluster (solo mining in a group)
3) pool (shared mining)

Recommended would be #2 or #3. Depending on your setup.
CryptoMarv

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:45:42 AM

hey guys
thx a lot

Solo-Mining with usual hardware is no good idea in my opinion. It could take many days until you find a block and so it is perhaps very frustrating. If you mine on the pool you get coins continuously depending on the power (hashrate/shares) of your hardware. If you mine on cluster you try to find a block together with other poeple. But only one of the people will get the full 120 coins if cluster finds a block. So it is a little bit more type of luck how often you get the 120 coins. Try cluster and pool for a few days and then you can decide which is best solution for you.
teddy_can

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:49:38 AM

ok maybe telling you the hardware i have you would be able to give me a better clue on what to do.
i have
1 hp z620 with dual xeon 2680v2
1 hp z620 with dual xeon 2660v2
1 overkill pc single i9-7980xe
1 gaming pc 4790
1 media pc q6600
i have more xeons laying around my place

any advice?
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: