Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:37:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining | 15% POS | 18.07% Term Deposit  (Read 107927 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (15 posts by 2+ users deleted.)
DisasterFaster (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:27:36 PM

Important announcement:

ROI coin is currently at block 17000 and will hard fork at block 25000 on our about
December 15th. You need to download and update to the newest wallet version prior to the fork. You can find
the wallet at https://roi-coin.com/roi-coin-downloads or https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin/releases

If you have any questions about doing the update please refer to the Release Notes at the  GitHub link above.

So, this hardfork will fix the term deposit interest issue?

I have just installed 1.1.0.0 and found that 12 months term deposit still with very high interest.

Yes it will fix it but not until after the fork. Even if you load the new wallet it is going to term deposit on pre-fork code right up until the fork. We decided to do it this way because we do not want the community to experience any change in their existing term deposits that were prior to the fork if that makes sense.

Then if I see now Maturation Date 2019/02/03 (I was deposited for 12 months) that date will be decreased automaticaly after the fork? Or nothing will changed.

The fork will have no impact on maturation dates. Rather, maturation dates are a coin unlock prediction based on the timing of the blockchain. You may notice that maturation dates will change if you check them day to day and this is because this time is calculated and recalculated based on the most current data. What varies here is the blockchain timing. While it's true the code is set to move the blockchain at 2 minutes per block... the MIDAS algo comes behind that and will adjust blockchain timing dynamically based on several things such as current block chain timing, expected block chain timing, total network hash rate etc.

We did anticipate that the MIDAS algo would tend to slow the block chain timing as opposed to speeding it up and so when we did initial determinations of POS and term deposit rates we did elevate them to compensate for this. Up until such time that the network hashrate stays fairly stable we are presuming a potential 20%-25% reduction in target blockchain timing. In other words, the target timing of 2 minutes could be 2.4-2.5 minutes. As we move forward, rest assured that we are monitoring the block timing and in the future and if deemed necessary we may adjust the MIDAS algo.

Bear in mind that our emphasis is on security and protecting the blockchain from massive hashing movements. You see what can happen is some may have the horsepower to "game" the system and by this I mean they can apply and un-apply large amounts of hash quickly and thus manipulate block timing in an effort to harvest many coins quickly. This is not good because if we do not protect from it someone in the know could swoop in and harvest a bunch of blocks quickly and then exit leaving the community sitting there for a long time unable to mine any blocks at all.

It's sad that we do have to anticipate attacks and then be ready for them but it is what it is. We feel that protecting the coin and it's community from such evildoers is more critical than having a blockchain that cracks a block every 120 seconds regardless of the dangers...
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoMarv

Activity: 154
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:59:03 PM

Important announcement:

ROI coin is currently at block 17000 and will hard fork at block 25000 on our about
December 15th. You need to download and update to the newest wallet version prior to the fork. You can find
the wallet at https://roi-coin.com/roi-coin-downloads or https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin/releases

If you have any questions about doing the update please refer to the Release Notes at the  GitHub link above.

I have just installed 1.1.0.0 and found that 12 months term deposit still with very high interest.

Yes it will fix it but not until after the fork. Even if you load the new wallet it is going to term deposit on pre-fork code right up until the fork. We decided to do it this way because we do not want the community to experience any change in their existing term deposits that were prior to the fork if that makes sense.

Then if I see now Maturation Date 2019/02/03 (I was deposited for 12 months) that date will be decreased automaticaly after the fork? Or nothing will changed.

The fork will have no impact on maturation dates. Rather, maturation dates are a coin unlock prediction based on the timing of the blockchain. You may notice that maturation dates will change if you check them day to day and this is because this time is calculated and recalculated based on the most current data. What varies here is the blockchain timing. While it's true the code is set to move the blockchain at 2 minutes per block... the MIDAS algo comes behind that and will adjust blockchain timing dynamically based on several things such as current block chain timing, expected block chain timing, total network hash rate etc.

We did anticipate that the MIDAS algo would tend to slow the block chain timing as opposed to speeding it up and so when we did initial determinations of POS and term deposit rates we did elevate them to compensate for this. Up until such time that the network hashrate stays fairly stable we are presuming a potential 20%-25% reduction in target blockchain timing. In other words, the target timing of 2 minutes could be 2.4-2.5 minutes. As we move forward, rest assured that we are monitoring the block timing and in the future and if deemed necessary we may adjust the MIDAS algo.

Bear in mind that our emphasis is on security and protecting the blockchain from massive hashing movements. You see what can happen is some may have the horsepower to "game" the system and by this I mean they can apply and un-apply large amounts of hash quickly and thus manipulate block timing in an effort to harvest many coins quickly. This is not good because if we do not protect from it someone in the know could swoop in and harvest a bunch of blocks quickly and then exit leaving the community sitting there for a long time unable to mine any blocks at all.

It's sad that we do have to anticipate attacks and then be ready for them but it is what it is. We feel that protecting the coin and it's community from such evildoers is more critical than having a blockchain that cracks a block every 120 seconds regardless of the dangers...

Thanks again for your explanation to the community! I think we will see at the next weeks if adjustment is needed.
Dastrike351

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

Hello World!

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:57:54 AM

Im greedy but for max profit before the fork.... I just keep all my coins unlocked and term deposit them just before the 25000 block, like 24900 to be safe? Cheesy
greenhope

Activity: 446
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:55:59 AM

I don't think we can cancel the term deposit before it get matured.
Am I right?
Alexey Sukharev

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:31:43 AM

As it was told before many times - we cant cancel the term deposit, so think twice or more times before making a depo.
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:35:21 AM

Important announcement:

No worries, I just asked to confirm about the fork. I agreed with you on your decision. You must be having hard time to modify the coding to do so, cheers Smiley
CryptoMarv

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:42:10 AM

Im greedy but for max profit before the fork.... I just keep all my coins unlocked and term deposit them just before the 25000 block, like 24900 to be safe? Cheesy

Yes, I think this will bring you the most profit if you lock all your coins shortly before the fork for 12 month. Cool But must of my coins are allready locked...
evgen_povt

Activity: 122

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:37:57 PM

Where the funds for interests get from?
600% annual interest will produce a huge inflation if the funds are be mined.
CryptoMarv

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:22:08 PM

They come "from the code" and not have to be mined or something like that. When your term deposit ends you get your locked coins and the interests automatically in your wallet.
Dastrike351

Activity: 160

Hello World!

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:00:49 PM

Maybe its a good idea to lower the interest rate year after year, because having 2 millions coins mean nothing if the valuation is shit, I think to much free coins not so good.
shenri

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:13:21 PM

I have two PC's mining ROI with two different wallets.  I did a 12 month term deposit of coins on each wallet.  Is there a way to move the 12 month term deposit from one wallet to the other so they are in the same wallet?
CryptoMarv

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:13:31 PM

They come "from the code" and not have to be mined or something like that. When your term deposit ends you get your locked coins and the interests automatically in your wallet.

"from code" means "from nothing"?
In that case the coin will be impacted by a hyper inflation. And the best name for it would be ZimbabweCoin.
Nobody knows how many people will lock their coins in term deposit, and nobody knows how long they will lock. 600% you only get for a 12month deposit.

But in my personal opinion I also think that the rates perhaps are to high and can generate high inflation. I like the idea from Dastrike351 that the rates decrease over the time.

I think dev will also post a statement about your inflation warning.
biblioteczny

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:15:13 PM

"from code" means "from nothing"?
In that case the coin will be impacted by a hyper inflation. And the best name for it would be ZimbabweCoin.

We can expect a high inflation in july 2018 and a hyperinflation in december 2018.
Time will tell when depositors want to make profits.

Should I mine on cluster only to the wallet address or can I also mine to my exchange address? This is 3 day I am mining on cluster to exchange address and hit no block. Same time mining in pool (with same hardware configuration) gave me almost 800 coins.
DisasterFaster (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:42:13 PM

Inflation will never be an issue with ROI coin end of story.

The community will give input and interest payouts will be adjusted as needed to control inflation.

When a coin is only a couple of weeks old and only 70,000 coins are for sale worldwide it is way premature to start worrying about interest payouts.
evgen_povt

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:16:00 PM

The community will give input and interest payouts will be adjusted as needed to control inflation.

When a coin is only a couple of weeks old and only 70,000 coins are for sale worldwide it is way premature to start worrying about interest payouts.

So the interest rates will decrease over time?
Is there any mechanism to do that? Or it will be introduced by a new fork?
DisasterFaster (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:48:22 PM

So the interest rates will decrease over time?
Is there any mechanism to do that? Or it will be introduced by a new fork?

It is not pre-built into the code. The community will decide when to reduce interest payout and how much to reduce it. In the very beginning we need to build some coin supply and market cap to get the coin moving from the start. Yes there will be a fork when it comes time to lower interest payouts...
thorRJ

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:57:08 PM

Are you going to have a portuguese translation? In addition to CoinsMarkets, are you planning to list in other exchanges? What are the main characteristics of Coin?

OI
evgen_povt

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:17:25 PM

Is there any way to start mining from the cli tool?

Help outputs:

== Mining ==
getblocktemplate ( "jsonrequestobject" )
getmininginfo
getnetworkhashps ( blocks height )
prioritisetransaction <txid> <priority delta> <fee delta>
submitblock "hexdata" ( "jsonparametersobject" )

evgen_povt

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:39:50 AM

Is there any way to start mining from the cli tool?

Help outputs:

== Mining ==
getblocktemplate ( "jsonrequestobject" )
getmininginfo
getnetworkhashps ( blocks height )
prioritisetransaction <txid> <priority delta> <fee delta>
submitblock "hexdata" ( "jsonparametersobject" )

Learnt the code and found it in the Generating section.
DisasterFaster (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:02:44 AM

Are you going to have a portuguese translation? In addition to CoinsMarkets, are you planning to list in other exchanges? What are the main characteristics of Coin?

I think a Portuguese translation has become mandatory. We have been very fortunate to have a lot of interest from Brazil and already a small community has formed at the website and created a mining group there. You would have a laugh at me copying and pasting English/Portuguese chat in Google translator trying my best to give support at the website and Facebook...

We will be on other exchanges besides CoinsMarkets but it just doesn't make sense to get that done until after the fork is completed and the coin is post-fork stable.

Main Characteristics:

• Community centered coin that moves forward and evolves based on community feedback
  • Triple hybrid coin with POW, POS and term deposits
  • A focus on simplicity for new users with features such as one click wallet mining
  • A focus on low bar interest gains with no need to unlock the wallet or keep it running day and night
  • MIDAS difficulty adjustment algo to protect the chain from big hash swings
  • 360 blocks required on mining confirmations as a security enhancement
  • 2 minute block timing and 1MB block size for speedy transactions
  • 1 GB AES pattern search algo that is CPU only and resists Asic and GPU
  • Unique payout on POS and term deposit block by block with no competition as each wallet gets the identical interest rates
  • The coin has substantial financial backing from day one which will provide for aggressive paid marketing
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: