Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:21:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining | 15% POS | 18.07% Term Deposit  (Read 107927 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (15 posts by 2+ users deleted.)
SyrioForElle

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:41:09 PM

We've decided on initially listing on 5 exchanges: Yobit with a faucet there, Trade Satoshi, CoinsMarkets, Southxchange, KUcoin.

Do you have a timeline estimate for this? Have you already submitted an application?

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!

Please only speculate money you can afford to lose

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jgaspar

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:45:47 PM

Damn... someone owns a lot of computers, just one address at the pool has more Hashrate (99 Kh/s) than all the others miners combined.
jgaspar

Activity: 239

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:51:13 PM

I mined on the pool for almost a half of day with 140H, shares 82 but still not mine any coin! Do you guys know what wrong with it?

It takes 360 blocks to confirm, so you will need to wait a bit.
However, it would be nice to see previously mined shares, as it is now if you disconnect your miner from the pool you can't see any shares.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 06:52:51 PM

Damn... someone owns a lot of computers, just one address at the pool has more Hashrate (99 Kh/s) than all the others miners combined.

either that or people are renting hash thru services that offer it Cheesy   (the more likely scenario, i assure you  Wink )

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
altrego

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:53:54 PM

Hi dev! I realy like your idea with cpu mining currency. I started to mine today, and I faced with a strange bug. After 4-5 hrs mining 1 block was found and I got notification "+120 ROI income". I opened wallet and saw 120 ROI on balance. But when I opened wallet again after 10-15mins I didnt see any transactions and my balance again equials zero. My coins just disapeared. Whats happened?
Plainkoin

Activity: 116

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 07:18:06 PM

Hi dev! I realy like your idea with cpu mining currency. I started to mine today, and I faced with a strange bug. After 4-5 hrs mining 1 block was found and I got notification "+120 ROI income". I opened wallet and saw 120 ROI on balance. But when I opened wallet again after 10-15mins I didnt see any transactions and my balance again equials zero. My coins just disapeared. Whats happened?

Hello altrego,

Would you email us your debug.log file?  It will be in the default install location when you first setup, where you wallet.dat file is.  Ex: C:\Users\ROI\AppData\Roaming\ROIcoin\debug.log

The file is just a tad under 5MB and should email easily.  If not, zip it and send (to compress).

email:  dev@roi-coin.com

Additionally, please include a receiving address, so we can make this up to you in some way, should we find an error in the log file.  We'll let you know what we find after reviewing the log file and cross checking the blockchain.  I might need more info, but we'll take that communication offline, via email.

Thank you.  : )

rohitm

Activity: 246

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 07:24:40 PM

I tried solo mining using the wallet where I got hash rate of 40-45 hps for some reason so then I switched to using the HODL miner with the pool which took my hashrate to 170-180 hps, now here is my problem:

When I use all 4 threads with https[Suspicious link removed], it takes 100% of CPU and my Windows crashes so I tried using only 3 threads, so that it remains stable, with the following parameters:

hodlminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://coinspool.cu.cc:3042 -u mywalletaddress -p x -t 3 -q -D

When I do this the miner window closes after a few seconds however the same parameters are working fine with this version of the miner (which gives a lower hashrate): http://cryptomining-blog.com/wp-content/download/hodlminer-wolf-2.zip

Any thoughts why that is happening? Huh

Put a space after 2 and -u

There is a space between those 2. The same exact command works well on the other, supposedly newer version. Also if I change 3 back to 4, it again works perfectly fine.

When defining the number of threads, you should use even numbers, i.e. 2, 4, 6...  Etc.  Fine tuning it to what your computer can handle.

Thanks, will try that in the evening once I get home.

P.S. You have the referral link for bitconnect scam as your signature. Doesn't suit the developer of an interesting, community based coin! Smiley

Plainkoin

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 07:25:11 PM

either that or people are renting hash thru services that offer it Cheesy   (the more likely scenario, i assure you  Wink )

We are equally surprised and attempting to verify if this is still decentralized hashing or if we got a whale somewhere.  Fortunately, MIDAS is keeping the chain tight.  So blocks should still flow at about 720 / day.  We are keeping a close on the situation.

From launch on Sunday, to today Tuesday, ROIcoin network hash rate went from 5800 H/s to now at 174.5 KH/s.  This exponential growth is almost unheard of.  Its' effects are known to some degree.  For example, two miners may find the same block, but the first one back is the miner that gets the reward.

This might explain why we have a miner reporting getting a block, and then the block disappearing.

Feel free to share your observations, but keep in mind, until the network stabilizes, we are all on one wild ride.

Phash2k

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 07:28:43 PM

I am using hodlminer optiminer fork on the pool now - running with 500 H/s ... it's quite better than normal wolf hodlminer

Crypto-Beratung und Hilfe bei allen möglichen Crypto-Projekten oder Problemen! https://phash.de
TheRaster

Activity: 391
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:29:26 PM

We are equally surprised and attempting to verify if this is still decentralized hashing or if we got a whale somewhere.  Fortunately, MIDAS is keeping the chain tight.  So blocks should still flow at about 720 / day.  We are keeping a close on the situation.

From launch on Sunday, to today Tuesday, ROIcoin network hash rate went from 5800 H/s to now at 174.5 KH/s.  This exponential growth is almost unheard of.  Its' effects are known to some degree.  For example, two miners may find the same block, but the first one back is the miner that gets the reward.

This might explain why we have a miner reporting getting a block, and then the block disappearing.

Feel free to share your observations, but keep in mind, until the network stabilizes, we are all on one wild ride.

Its called cloudming Cheesy

My 80 thread DL580 only hits 800 ish hash.

Plainkoin

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 07:31:13 PM

I tried solo mining using the wallet where I got hash rate of 40-45 hps for some reason so then I switched to using the HODL miner with the pool which took my hashrate to 170-180 hps, now here is my problem:

When I use all 4 threads with https[Suspicious link removed], it takes 100% of CPU and my Windows crashes so I tried using only 3 threads, so that it remains stable, with the following parameters:

hodlminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://coinspool.cu.cc:3042 -u mywalletaddress -p x -t 3 -q -D

When I do this the miner window closes after a few seconds however the same parameters are working fine with this version of the miner (which gives a lower hashrate): http://cryptomining-blog.com/wp-content/download/hodlminer-wolf-2.zip

Any thoughts why that is happening? Huh

Put a space after 2 and -u

There is a space between those 2. The same exact command works well on the other, supposedly newer version. Also if I change 3 back to 4, it again works perfectly fine.

When defining the number of threads, you should use even numbers, i.e. 2, 4, 6...  Etc.  Fine tuning it to what your computer can handle.

Thanks, will try that in the evening once I get home.

P.S. You have the referral link for bitconnect scam as your signature. Doesn't suit the developer of an interesting, community based coin! Smiley

I was not aware they were a scam? While I certainly hope not, $8k tied up there... I have removed it from my signature until I can research this further.  Do you know of any definitive references I can look up to validate they may be a scam?  I will do my due diligence as well... again.   Wink  In the meantime, removed, lest I lead anyone astray, just in case.

DisasterFaster (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:40:51 PM

We've decided on initially listing on 5 exchanges: Yobit with a faucet there, Trade Satoshi, CoinsMarkets, Southxchange, KUcoin.

Do you have a timeline estimate for this? Have you already submitted an application?

Application already submitted to KUcoin yesterday.

Today CoinsMarkets and Southxchange are already at work adding ROI coin.

I still have to submit to Trade Satoshi and Yobit.
DisasterFaster (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:42:32 PM

You may have gotten an orphan block.

If you look on the transactions tab it should be there and if it is an orphan block it should you it was rejected and not confirmed.
dunedainbob

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:45:35 PM

BTW guys consider this - the 360 block coin confirm time is a good anti-dumping feature.  Once this coin is on an exchange and has a price, no on can simply throw a ton of cloudmining at it and hope to quickly dump/profit because they wont be able to sell their coins for many hours, exposing themselves to huge price risks.  Meanwhile, those of us mining/trading for value will be able to enjoy more stability.

@DisasterFaster and @Plainkoin any rough idea of when we get an exchange listing?
[EDIT: Looks like it was answered while I wrote this, sorry]

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Cryptosapiens

Activity: 266

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:49:02 PM

The same thing happened to me yesterday, it's probably because someone else with lower latency also solved the same block and claimed it a fraction of a millisecond faster than you.
Plainkoin

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 08:12:59 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 08:27:35 PM by Plainkoin

The same thing happened to me yesterday, it's probably because someone else with lower latency also solved the same block and claimed it a fraction of a millisecond faster than you.

Latency is our next area of focus on infrastructure, among many other background tasks going on.  We have been compiling site visitors to https://roi-coin.com, to get an idea of geographic locations.  However, there are likely many silent miners our here, for whom we have no idea where they are located.  If you want to be included in the tally, simply go to the website, push a few buttons and go or sign up and join the community in sharing ideas and many other topics relating to the crypto world.  We'll be able to pull the IP info from Google Analytics to get which country you are in.

This Friday, with more geographic information on hand, I will be setting up more nodes across the globe.  May have to start using another VPS service, DigitalOcean is a tad limited.  Especially for our friends in Russia, Australia and other remote areas.

Until a major wallet update (subject for another day).  These nodes can be added to Conf files via addnode=IP.  And will be posted here and at our home site.  We want everyone to have a fair and equal chance at mining and making a profit for the short and long term.

Cryptosapiens

Activity: 266

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:20:40 PM

YaY!  I got a block with just 260 H/s... made my day, such a joy finding something against all odds. Take that you 100 KH/s cloud_mining_spoil_all_the_fun_miner.  Grin
xronos

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:21:47 PM

Got my first block mining after about 5 hours!  Smiley

Averaging 280 hashes/second.
DisasterFaster (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:34:06 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 08:44:37 PM by DisasterFaster

YaY!  I got a block with just 260 H/s... made my day, such a joy finding something against all odds. Take that you 100 KH/s cloud_mining_spoil_all_the_fun_miner.  Grin

Nice!

Got my first block mining after about 5 hours!  Smiley

Averaging 280 hashes/second.

Congratulations and hoping you find many more blocks Smiley

[EDIT] I couldn't resist:

No need to be lost in a sea of high end ASICS and GPU whales. Long live CPU mining with common hardware that's owned by the masses  Tongue
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:14:33 PM

No need to be lost in a sea of high end ASICS and GPU whales. Long live CPU mining with common hardware that's owned by the masses  Tongue

Glad to see this coin up and running, been waiting for the launch!  Great work my man!

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: