Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:31:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining | 15% POS | 18.07% Term Deposit  (Read 107927 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (15 posts by 2+ users deleted.)
cobfor

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:06:03 PM

Can anyone help me understand how to use CPU Miner — Affinity Setting Tool ( https://phempshall.github.io/cpuminer-affinity-setter/ )?

I manually configured affinity but this web site said to  "Launch CPUMiner with the following parameters: " --cpu-affinity 15 --cpu-priority 4 ".

That's what confusing me.

If I mine in the pool I use:  hodlminer.exe -t 10 -q -a hodl -o stratum+tcp://stratum.coinspool.cu.cc:3042 -u myaddress -p x

Do I use affinity parameters in this command?

what did this tool use for ,any profit when mining?

Configuring affinity helps with H/s and better CPU utilization. I have it already configured manually as it was discussed before in this forum. Now I am using less CPU (saves power too) and getting higher hashrate.

Setting the CPU affinity can be hit and miss on some systems. I know on my own system it is a pain to set the affinity so I my self use the windows task manager to set my affinity. The down side to this is I have to do it each time I run the miner. However I have cut my power use and increased my hash rate.

Run the program with out any -t command in the bat. Then go to task manager. Click Prosses tab. Then RIGHT click the hodlminer and click go to details. Right click again and click set affinity. Then you can select the CPU threads you wish to use

Following the info above my system is allways under 52% CPU use and getting more hash rate than it was befor.
Some of you may think 48% saving is not much but when each cpu is using 130 watts of power and you have 4 of them (520 watts) and you drop it to 52% that drops the power use to 270.4 watts from the CPUs. Big big saving Cheesy

I agree 100% withy everything you said here, and in some follow-ups on this discussion. I was just hoping to use command line (at the same time I start miner) instead of, as you said by yourself " The down side to this is I have to do it each time I run the miner". And yes, it works on some, but not other computers. I was still able to cut 50% on CPU (and save on power) on half of my computers.

▬▬ ROI Coin ▬▬
✭ CPU Based Solo/Pool Mining ✭  (https://roi-coin.com/)
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cobfor

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:07:56 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 04:21:22 PM by cobfor

ROI was recently added to CryptoHub exchange  Shocked

https://cryptohub.online/market/ROI/

This is an awesome NEWS! Finally!

Thanks to everyone who helped this happen.

I am confused what is the current price for ROI at Cryptohub. It can't be right. It's quite high if I read it right. I wish it's that high though.

▬▬ ROI Coin ▬▬
TheRaster

Activity: 391
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:21:02 PM

Can anyone help me understand how to use CPU Miner — Affinity Setting Tool ( https://phempshall.github.io/cpuminer-affinity-setter/ )?

I manually configured affinity but this web site said to  "Launch CPUMiner with the following parameters: " --cpu-affinity 15 --cpu-priority 4 ".

If I mine in the pool I use:  hodlminer.exe -t 10 -q -a hodl -o stratum+tcp://stratum.coinspool.cu.cc:3042 -u myaddress -p x

Configuring affinity helps with H/s and better CPU utilization. I have it already configured manually as it was discussed before in this forum. Now I am using less CPU (saves power too) and getting higher hashrate.

Setting the CPU affinity can be hit and miss on some systems. I know on my own system it is a pain to set the affinity so I my self use the windows task manager to set my affinity. The down side to this is I have to do it each time I run the miner. However I have cut my power use and increased my hash rate.

Run the program with out any -t command in the bat. Then go to task manager. Click Prosses tab. Then RIGHT click the hodlminer and click go to details. Right click again and click set affinity. Then you can select the CPU threads you wish to use

Following the info above my system is allways under 52% CPU use and getting more hash rate than it was befor.
Some of you may think 48% saving is not much but when each cpu is using 130 watts of power and you have 4 of them (520 watts) and you drop it to 52% that drops the power use to 270.4 watts from the CPUs. Big big saving Cheesy

I agree 100% withy everything you said here, and in some follow-ups on this discussion. I was just hoping to use command line (at the same time I start miner) instead of, as you said by yourself " The down side to this is I have to do it each time I run the miner". And yes, it works on some, but not other computers. I was still able to cut 50% on CPU (and save on power) on half of my computers.

Im happy to help cut your costs even if not on on all of your computers.  Did you see any HR go up?

It seems the dev team had nothing to do with this and it was the exchange adding the coin off there own back. Thanks to CryptoHub for adding the coin there Cheesy

DisasterFaster (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:10:56 PM

I am confused what is the current price for ROI at Cryptohub. It can't be right. It's quite high if I read it right. I wish it's that high though.

last price was about 56 sats at CoinsMarkets which is way too low. I just checked CryptoHub and the highest buy order is 40 sats but only for 37 coins and after that it is 4 sats for 12475 roi. I don't think anybody would be crazy enough to lose that much money and sell the coin for  4 sats. Might as well just give it away for free lol. The sell wall looks good with the lowest sell order at 500 sats right now!
TheRaster

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:07:23 PM

last price was about 56 sats at CoinsMarkets which is way too low. I just checked CryptoHub and the highest buy order is 40 sats but only for 37 coins and after that it is 4 sats for 12475 roi. I don't think anybody would be crazy enough to lose that much money and sell the coin for  4 sats. Might as well just give it away for free lol. The sell wall looks good with the lowest sell order at 500 sats right now!

This is what I have been saying once the network hash rate jumps this coin is going to be hard to get lots of without term deposets. So let them sell them off cheep if they dont value there work. In time they will be the ones siting back and saying ow shit I sold my coins way to cheep.

cobfor

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:12:17 PM

Im happy to help cut your costs even if not on on all of your computers.  Did you see any HR go up?

As a matter of fact, few really good computers did see HR goes up. Not much, maybe 10%, but CPU utilization went down 50%.

I think that you said it befoe, and I agree that miner probably can be improved if 50% of CPU gives 10% more HR.

I wish someone can rework miner to use 100% CPU and theoretically, it would provide 50% higher HR.

▬▬ ROI Coin ▬▬
TheRaster

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:17:21 PM

As a matter of fact, few really good computers did see HR goes up. Not much, maybe 10%, but CPU utilization went down 50%.

I think that you said it befoe, and I agree that miner probably can be improved if 50% of CPU gives 10% more HR.

I wish someone can rework miner to use 100% CPU and theoretically, it would provide 50% higher HR.

Im using https://github.com/Orava2/ and find I get the best hr from his miners.

I am working with him to see if we can find that gap to see if we can get the miner pumping more hash out.

One of the big things with this miner is the affinity. It would be nice if we could see it set up much like xmr stak locks on to the cpu cores.
But as you and I know the problem with the miners is some cpus are happy to sit at 50% and pump the same or more and others slow down when changing the affinity.

cobfor

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:22:22 PM

That is the part I was confused about. On top of CryptoHub page is says that last price was 0.00005 BTC or 500 Satoshi. Am I reading it wrong?

Also, if I check Sell ROI, it goues for 0.00004396 and Buy ROI for 0.00004404.. More confusing..

▬▬ ROI Coin ▬▬
TheRaster

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:29:51 PM

That is the part I was confused about. On top of CryptoHub page is says that last price was 0.00005 BTC or 500 Satoshi. Am I reading it wrong?

Also, if I check Sell ROI, it goues for 0.00004396 and Buy ROI for 0.00004404.. More confusing..

Sell is what you list them at. Buy is what you want to pay for them.

cobfor

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:43:44 PM

I know that but average price is 0.00004 BTC which is 400 Satoshi or $0.47 USD. That can't be!? What am I reading wrong?

▬▬ ROI Coin ▬▬
TheRaster

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:46:20 PM

last price was about 56 sats at CoinsMarkets which is way too low. I just checked CryptoHub and the highest buy order is 40 sats but only for 37 coins and after that it is 4 sats for 12475 roi. I don't think anybody would be crazy enough to lose that much money and sell the coin for  4 sats. Might as well just give it away for free lol. The sell wall looks good with the lowest sell order at 500 sats right now!

I know that but average price is 0.00004 BTC which is 400 Satoshi or $0.47 USD. That can't be!? What am I reading wrong?

Seems a good price to me Cheesy but you missed something 0.000004 = 0.05 usd

cobfor

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:51:23 PM

last price was about 56 sats at CoinsMarkets which is way too low. I just checked CryptoHub and the highest buy order is 40 sats but only for 37 coins and after that it is 4 sats for 12475 roi. I don't think anybody would be crazy enough to lose that much money and sell the coin for  4 sats. Might as well just give it away for free lol. The sell wall looks good with the lowest sell order at 500 sats right now!

Seems a good price to me Cheesy but you missed something 0.000004 = 0.05 usd

You're right. I missed one zero  Roll Eyes

I'll take 0.05 USD too

▬▬ ROI Coin ▬▬
masternode

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:51:51 PM

There are a lot of crazy dudes out there in crypto selling at all kinds of crazy prices -.- and 4 sats is still better than giving it away for free. Imagine 5 years from now : 1 satoshi = $10,000! Smiley
TheRaster

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:59:34 PM

There are a lot of crazy dudes out there in crypto selling at all kinds of crazy prices -.- and 4 sats is still better than giving it away for free. Imagine 5 years from now : 1 satoshi = $10,000! Smiley

And we all be happy we 12 month our coins Wink

misterwow

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:18:13 PM

Hi. I have core i5 with 400 h/s. Real solo mining with it in this time?
Blue9999

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:27:03 PM

Hi. I have core i5 with 400 h/s. Real solo mining with it in this time?

You can try. If you are lucky you will find few blocks per day but if you want sure and steady income I will suggest to join a pool to mine
ghobson

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

Crypto Developer

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:50:48 AM

I am working with him to see if we can find that gap to see if we can get the miner pumping more hash out.

One of the big things with this miner is the affinity. It would be nice if we could see it set up much like xmr stak locks on to the cpu cores.
But as you and I know the problem with the miners is some cpus are happy to sit at 50% and pump the same or more and others slow down when changing the affinity.

You can't compare HODL to CRYPTONIGHT , these are two totally different algorithms, CRYPTONIGHT ( XMR ) needs L3 cache, which is why CPU affinity is so important. HODL just needs raw AES search power, it doesn't care about L3 cache, and is the reason its boosted by AES-NI and AVX/AVX2 instructions.

Join the boid community, earn crypto while doing real research with your cpu/gpu boid.com
kinggg!

Activity: 118

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:05:06 PM

then lets mine this year and whatc wait n see what is going to happen. can someone knows how many coins supply is ROI? how many have been almost mined and the circulation supply?  Kiss
Iame3

Activity: 102

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:24:15 PM

You can't compare HODL to CRYPTONIGHT , these are two totally different algorithms, CRYPTONIGHT ( XMR ) needs L3 cache, which is why CPU affinity is so important. HODL just needs raw AES search power, it doesn't care about L3 cache, and is the reason its boosted by AES-NI and AVX/AVX2 instructions.

What about m7m algorithm? I can mine magi coin using orange pi, you know, small soc. But not hodl, it needs something more advanced.
freeapp

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 04:40:58 PM

seems coinsmarkets is gone...
No DNS for this domain..
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: