Florincoin - FLO
Florincoin is a scrypt based coin with quick transaction processing.
Florincoin also introduces a useful new feature - transaction comments
* 40 second block generation allows for fast confirmations, but not too fast to cause problems with network synchronisation.
* No pre-mine, super-blocks or zero-blocks at the start.
* Quick difficulty adjustment should limit insta-mining in the first hours after launch.
* A transaction comment
can be added to any coin transaction. This can be used to attach a simple message or reference to a transaction, or for any other purpose decided by the coin receiver and sender. Transaction comments are currently limited to
528 characters. Both the GUI and RPC interface have been extended to implement this feature.
* The transaction comment can be seen under the "Transactions" tab when you double click on a a transaction ("Transaction information"). Also available from the terminal by doing "listtransactions".
* Note that transaction comments are stored in the block-chain and are therefore public. If you want to send private information in your transaction comment you should encrypt the message using a method agreed upon by the sender and receiver.
* Transaction comments have minimal impact on the size of the block chain due to their small size (relative to the size of a block in the chain) and the fact that they do not take up any extra space when not used in a transaction. Transaction costs (calculated on transaction size) also offset the impact of slightly larger transactions when a comment is included. Specifications
Block target spacing: 40 seconds
Difficulty retargets every blocks
Block reward: 100 FLO, halving every 800,000 blocks (about 1 year)
Maximum coins: 160 million FLO
Network port: 7312
RPC port: 7313Download0.10.4.4Release fileshttps://github.com/florincoin/florincoin/releases/tag/v0.10.4.4Github sourcehttps://github.com/florincoin/florincoinEnsure you are on the master-0.10 branch (default)Mac OS X
florincoin-0.10.4.4-win64.zip: https://github.com/florincoin/florincoin/releases/download/v0.10.4.4/florincoin-0.10.4.4-win64.zipUpdate history
19-06-2016 - v0.10.4.4 - UI changes, tx comment display, msg hash in chain, checkpoint Recommended update
25-03-2016 - v0.10.4.0 - Litecoin 0.10.4 base Required update
28-01-2015 - v0.8.7.4 - Checkpoint, OpenSSL 1.0.1j
12-09-2014 - v0.8.7.3 - Litecoin 0.8.7 base, OpenSSL 1.0.1i, Checkpoint
13-04-2014 - v0.6.5.13 - Difficulty adjustment every block, OpenSSL security fix Required update
27-11-2013 - v0.6.5.8 - Increase maximum transaction message length Required updateExample florincoin.conf
rpcserver=1* Open port 7312 on your router to allow incoming connections* Point your miner at port 7313 of the machine running your walletMining poolsAlexandria poolhttps://api.alexandria.io/pool/Aika Poolhttp://aikapool.com/floSuprnovahttps://flo.suprnova.cc/
* 0% FeeMining Dutchhttp://www.mining-dutch.nl/pools/florin/public/index.phpBlock explorershttp://florincoin.infohttps://coinplorer.com/FLOhttps://prohashing.com/explorer/Florincoin/ExchangesPoloniexhttps://www.poloniex.com/exchange#btc_floBittrex https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-FLOShapeshift http://www.shapeshift.io/Coins-E http://www.coins-e.com/exchange/FLO_BTC/Merchantshttp://cryptocloudhosting.org/orderhttps://cointopay.com/Links
Official web sitehttp://www.florincoin.org
Join #florincoin on http://webchat.freenode.net/
Florincoin @ CryptoCurrency Convention NYC 4/9/14https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U7MXAYCXGc
Florin article @ bitcoinisthttp://bitcoinist.net/exclusive-qa-with-joseph-fiscella-florincoin-and-decentralized-applications/
Blockchain bootstrap from http://cryptochainer.com/dir/https://mega.nz/#!u15HSADT!nstJ67-mKnWZbMPwddeRJoxEnNneS_94yTfLHoeNQyg
FLO market data read from FLO blockchain visualisedhttp://iquidus.io:5000/
The Decentralized Library of Alexandria - San Diego Bitcoin Meetup 08/15https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiZnjM7Y7Cs
Blocktech Project Alexandria v0.4 alpha Intro and Walkthroughhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_u-ndscZjY
Alexandria v0.5.1 alpha demohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcuj_xILct0