Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:02:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Recieved 50GH BFL Single Today!  (Read 51054 times)
Red_Wolf_2

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:00:39 AM

I was pretty sure the whole Garr issue with first orders was resolved pages ago. Turned out some FPGA orders prior to release were converted to ASICs, keeping their place in the queue before any preorders were placed.

Also, as I recall, BFL originally used BitInstant prior to their issue with being hacked, then switched to BitPay. Anyone able to confirm or deny?

Bitinstant is not a commercial payment processor; they are a currency converter. Unless they had some kind of private deal worked out that was not made public that wouldn't be possible.

Correct, just found http://www.thepaypers.com/news/online-payments/butterfly-labs-selects-bitpay-for-bitcoin-payments-processing/748011-3
Never mind....

Probably should put something here.... Maybe an LTC address?
LeNdJidEvsyogSu2KbC1u3bfJSdcjACFsF

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 07:09:59 AM

Well,check this crap out................

From BFL_Jody.........."We are working to configure the Little Single. Given the way our units have turned out we have had to make adjustments on each one. The LS was the last to be announced, so it is the last to be configured for production."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/202-friday-june-21-2013-shipping-update.html#comment3944

So our upgrade back in oct is going to hold us up getting our units,I'll never learn....................

Thanks BFL!!!!!!!!!!!!! For finding another way to create a delay  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
warhawk187

Activity: 327

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 10:41:18 AM

A good start to the weekend:

I'd say chill the fuck out but what would that really accomplish here?

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 10:45:29 AM

Easy Miner seems to have a nice interface.
dben428

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 02:31:40 PM

Easy Miner seems to have a nice interface.

It's the charcoal color scheme. Makes everything look better.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 02:39:31 PM

A good start to the weekend:

I'd say chill the fuck out but what would that really accomplish here?

You just got these? What country were they shipped to?

whisper

Activity: 267

Learn to go against your mind

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:01:39 PM

Did they shipped only in USA?
Rival

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:07:12 PM

After reading this very long and winding thread, I can see both sides of the argument. But I think in the end it all comes down to one thing: counter party risk.

If you use paypal, or Visa, or whatever system out there, those providers assume some counterparty risk. And they charge you for it. Sometimes they charge you a lot for it.

When you use Bitcoins, you assume all of the risk. There is no risk premium on transactions.

When you assume all of the risk, occasionally you may simply lose.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:11:32 PM

After reading this very long and winding thread, I can see both sides of the argument. But I think in the end it all comes down to one thing: counter party risk.

If you use paypal, or Visa, or whatever system out there, those providers assume some counterparty risk. And they charge you for it. Sometimes they charge you a lot for it.

When you use Bitcoins, you assume all of the risk. There is no risk premium on transactions.

Yep, that's right.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:21:00 PM

Unless you find a company that will take on the Bitcoin risk for you (and actually keep their promise).

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:33:08 PM

Unless you find a company that will take on the Bitcoin risk for you (and actually keep their promise).

That's the missing component isn't it. There are entirely too many scumbags running Bitcoin businesses for there to be any kind of stability. How many broken promises can you count here starting with MyBitcoin and Bruce Wagner. I lost track and stopped counting after Bitcoinica.

boonies4u

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:47:52 PM

That's the missing component isn't it. There are entirely too many scumbags running Bitcoin businesses for there to be any kind of stability. How many broken promises can you count here starting with MyBitcoin and Bruce Wagner. I lost track and stopped counting after Bitcoinica.

There are too many bitcoin businesses centered around trying to sell their way of making bitcoins, or perhaps these types of businesses are the only ones getting the attenion. We need more shops that sell physical products or real world services to accept bitcoin and get them in the limelight. Wishing doesn't do much though...
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:56:53 PM

There are too many bitcoin businesses centered around trying to sell their way of making bitcoins, or perhaps these types of businesses are the only ones getting the attenion. We need more shops that sell physical products or real world services to accept bitcoin and get them in the limelight. Wishing doesn't do much though...

Yeah, here's the latest round of scumbag businesses skirting the law:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240443.msg2549959#msg2549959
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240156.msg2550190#msg2550190

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 04:13:02 PM

Um, the first link is a chart comparing bitcoin to other currencies (not a business).
The other is Mt. Gox. They are having issues, but I would rank them fairly low on the scumbag scale. They have not robbed or defrauded anyone that I know of. They have only had production issues and arguments with the DHS.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 04:26:34 PM

Um, the first link is a chart comparing bitcoin to other currencies (not a business).
The other is Mt. Gox. They are having issues, but I would rank them fairly low on the scumbag scale. They have not robbed or defrauded anyone that I know of. They have only had production issues and arguments with the DHS.

Your missing the point. If businesses started out trying to do things the right way they wouldn't be having the problems they have. What reputable business in the real world gets a bank account seized or has to close operations because they didn't comply with business law or lied on an application. Come on.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:03:13 PM

Your missing the point. If businesses started out trying to do things the right way they wouldn't be having the problems they have. What reputable business in the real world gets a bank account seized or has to close operations because they didn't comply with business law or lied on an application. Come on.

I presume you are talking about Mt Gox now and the first link is not relevant.
First of all, it is the Department of Homeland Security doing the prosecution. These are the same guys who strip search 90 year old ladies in wheelchairs and 2 year old toddlers at airports.
The subsidiary in question (Mutum Sigillum LLC) was a holding company, not a money services business. Mt Gox is registered as an MSB, but the subsidiary was not. The account was created before the FINCen guidelines about virtual currencies.
Mt. Gox did not have to close operations.
Standard Chartered Bank, UBS, and Credit Suisse all ran afoul of US banking laws recently. They have paid over $1 billion in fines and UBS actually had a criminal indictment go forward.

iANDROID

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Swiss Money all around me!

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:04:39 PM

Standard Chartered Bank, UBS, and Credit Suisse all ran afoul of US banking laws recently. They have paid over $1 billion in fines and UBS actually had a criminal indictment go forward.

USA are now focused on Switzerland more than on the UBS case  Wink
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:14:19 PM

I presume you are talking about Mt Gox now and the first link is not relevant.
First of all, it is the Department of Homeland Security doing the prosecution. These are the same guys who strip search 90 year old ladies in wheelchairs and 2 year old toddlers at airports.
The subsidiary in question (Mutum Sigillum LLC) was a holding company, not a money services business. Mt Gox is registered as an MSB, but the subsidiary was not. The account was created before the FINCen guidelines about virtual currencies.
Mt. Gox did not have to close operations.

Don't you think it's at least a little odd that both BitInstant and Gox stopped dollar exchange at the same time. I wonder if anyone has checked BitPay to see what they are doing for their customers today?

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:23:29 PM

Don't you think it's at least a little odd that both BitInstant and Gox stopped dollar exchange at the same time. I wonder if anyone has checked BitPay to see what they are doing for their customers today?

Yes I think it is odd.
However, I do not automatically assume that Gox = bad because the Department of Homeland Security doesn't like them.
Could Gox be shady? It is possible.
But they are a japanese company that so far complies with all japanese regulations and laws.
Time will tell, unless the US indictments are sealed and the proceedings take place in a secret FISA court.  Cheesy

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:28:03 PM

Yes I think it is odd.
However, I do not automatically assume that Gox = bad because the Department of Homeland Security doesn't like them.
Could Gox be shady? It is possible.
But they are a japanese company that so far complies with all japanese regulations and laws.
Time will tell, unless the US indictments are sealed and the proceedings take place in a secret FISA court.  Cheesy

Well this answers my question about what BitPay is doing: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240706.0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: