Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:30:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know fake Airdrop project  (Read 1954 times)
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 03:09:02 PM

a month after you filled out the form, you'll find out its fake or not))
dont give your private key.
to many airdrops create to easy pump their social networks
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Angi

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:50:44 PM

We can find the fake airdrop project  if we research and study first  before we go on to the project because some airdrop is not legit so be alert always . Roll Eyes
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:13:48 PM

Nothing will lose whether an airdrop is fake or real. Just try to fill up all the forms you can. But be very aware on some application form because scams have scattered. Your question should be, “How to know if an airdrop is a scam?”. Now, to know if they are a scam or a hacker, if the link they provided lead you to your wallet or they ask you your private keys, I’m very much sure that those are scams.

It is very difficult to determine if the Airdrop of a particular new coin is scam or not. You have to spend time on their site to know about their team and whitepaper etc. I agree that instead of wasting time on reading all this stuff, it is better to fill out the form and be part of free airdrop which is coming to your address.
alinka

Activity: 224
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:14:06 PM

What's the difference if it's Airdrop? You get their tokens for free and just wait and see, maybe you can sell them.
Etemind

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:19:55 PM

What's the difference if it's Airdrop? You get their tokens for free and just wait and see, maybe you can sell them.

This is really fake! Any airdrop that is asking for private keys is scam. Why you give your private keys? Its just like giving your keys of your house to the straner. Beware of this. Better download a chrome extension like the "EtherAdressLookUp" so that if you visit suspicious site, it will alert. Most of airdrops are shady, posted by a newbie with no any info about them. Some are just collecting twitter followers, emails and nothing else.

thend1949

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:33:28 PM

Nothing will lose whether an airdrop is fake or real. Just try to fill up all the forms you can. But be very aware on some application form because scams have scattered. Your question should be, “How to know if an airdrop is a scam?”. Now, to know if they are a scam or a hacker, if the link they provided lead you to your wallet or they ask you your private keys, I’m very much sure that those are scams.

It is very difficult to determine if the Airdrop of a particular new coin is scam or not. You have to spend time on their site to know about their team and whitepaper etc. I agree that instead of wasting time on reading all this stuff, it is better to fill out the form and be part of free airdrop which is coming to your address.

It's not worthy to fill up that for for airdrop if we could not determine the exact assurance on how legit it is. Well nothing will be lost with you if you try to fill out the form given for airdrop, but some airdrops will collect donations from participants and it made me wonder that scam is really true if that will happen collection small amounts of ethereum; some reached to an amount of 0.0005 eth. That made me suspect of an airdrop to scam people like me, because if an airdrop really provide free tokens they've really on their budget to send all transactions for free to every participants.
djablom1

Activity: 125

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:00:59 AM

This is really fake! Any airdrop that is asking for private keys is scam. Why you give your private keys? Its just like giving your keys of your house to the straner. Beware of this. Better download a chrome extension like the "EtherAdressLookUp" so that if you visit suspicious site, it will alert. Most of airdrops are shady, posted by a newbie with no any info about them. Some are just collecting twitter followers, emails and nothing else.
I agree with you but it is actually common logic that if someone asks your private key that it is a fake project also if you look up their project and see nothing else on google about it is 100% fake.
ashao1015

Activity: 529
Merit: 251

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 12:16:00 AM

Hello guys am a newbie how can i know if an airdrop is real or fake

Read something about the project you want to participate. I don't think it's a good idea to participate in every airdrop. You need to understand that this or that project has some value. Is there public team? Where is the money to make development? How did they rise or will rise money in the future?

███████████████████████████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████

BLACKBOX OS
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████████▀▀█████
███████▀▀▀    █████
███▀    ▄▄▀  ▐█████
█████▄▄█     ██████
██████▌ ▄█▄  ██████
███████████████████
███████████████████

█ ANN THREAD █
Blackwalker

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:44:43 AM

https://image.prntscr.com/image/nd4yFSXpRiOfsdh2BgC3pQ.png

I agree with you but it is actually common logic that if someone asks your private key that it is a fake project also if you look up their project and see nothing else on google about it is 100% fake.
I agree with you also if you see a lot of photo's they have taken much more time into it that means it is something worth it but if you see almost nothing than i would say it is a fake most of the time.
Duzenn

Activity: 252

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:02:30 AM

There seems to be no way to tell if an airdrop is real, so much of the current airdrop is a scam, and I've done a lot of empty shots and got nothing.

roshnijanze

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:06:59 AM

Actually we can't know fake or legit airdrops till received the tokens. now days most of airdrops are fake.
zander09

Activity: 546

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:41:23 AM

Actually we can't know fake or legit airdrops till received the tokens. now days most of airdrops are fake.

I don't want to joon to any airdrop for now, because most of them are fake and i don't want to waste my time to participate in any fake airdrop, i must join campaign rather airdrop.
GubiMixa1292

Activity: 137

⚽️⚽️FIFA Fan Battle Toke

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 04:02:01 AM

I think there are no fake airdrop, some airdrop have giveaway value tokens to users, some airdrop give no value tokens. The only ways to know an airdrop with no value tokens is    check their whitepaper, roadmap, dev members to see its real or fake, prepare for long time or new set up.

⚽️⚽️FIFA Fan Battle Token (FFB)⚽️⚽️
TheNextChampion

Activity: 198

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 04:35:27 AM

I don't want to joon to any airdrop for now, because most of them are fake and i don't want to waste my time to participate in any fake airdrop, i must join campaign rather airdrop.

Agree that we can't know if the airdrop is a fake project or not but we can tell some airdrop project are scam when they ask you to provide your private keys. If Airdrop project ask for this then it's a red flag and 100% they will scam or hack people that will provide their address. Maybe we need to be careful when we fill up forms in the airdrop unless we don't join.

H A R A               WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
jijikill

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:39:50 AM

Doesn't matter , airdrops are free , you will not lose anything ,just join anything you can see and test your luck whether the one you received actually rockets
Kolokoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 04:40:01 AM

Before I join an airdrop project, the first thing I want to do is to check if the bounty or an airdrop thread manager has higher rank and I prefer Senior or Hero and Legendary Members because they are being paid good money to handle everything. A good Cryptocurrency company will give money and efforts to advertise their projects otherwise most fake ICOs and projects that's started by Newbie and Junior Members are the ones that giving coins that has no value.

Maian

Activity: 257

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:42:15 AM

Hello guys am a newbie how can i know if an airdrop is real or fake
You do not know if you will not join to their airdrop,  and you'll know that no coins comes to you.
Before you join just observe and know everthing because  not all the time the airdrop is good.
Kolokoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 04:42:40 AM

Doesn't matter , airdrops are free , you will not lose anything ,just join anything you can see and test your luck whether the one you received actually rockets

You loose nothing but your time. Spotting fake airdrop project is indeed simple and complicated. The steps are eventually difficult and after you receive tokens, you cannot make any transactions out of it because most of them did not hit Cryptocurrency exchange until today. That's why I stopped joining airdrops and focus on my signature bounty campaign.

jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:44:56 AM

Just always be careful when joining an airdrop. Do not give anything that will compromise your security like private keys or passwords. Some even ask for 0.001 eth, don't fall for that. It is an airdrop, it should be free. No one can tell if an airdrop will push through or not, scam or not. If you did not receive it, don't sweat it, you lose nothing anyway.
bane1990
Copper Member

Activity: 63

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:53:07 AM

very hard actually, but according to my experience most who use donation is fake. who always talks about the price and the bonus it's fake

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: