Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:29:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know fake Airdrop project  (Read 1954 times)
sukoyomi

Activity: 948
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:44:04 AM

I think if for airdrops, I do not really believe in airdrops, because so many beginners make those airdrops threads, which makes me doubt on airdrops. but if you just want to get a free coin, you just need to join and most importantly do not you send your private key address to anyone.

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 05:04:48 AM

I think the OP intend to talk about the so called airdrop that tries to sneak your private keys or emails.
What everyone should realize is there's no need to share your private key ever except for loading your wallet.
And use a different email address for airdrops than your personal address.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

DibiaVxosis

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 05:43:50 AM

Real altcoin doing airdrop, they will have some basic like: the name of altcoin is not copied from any other coins, clear roadmap with date, active channel chat...

xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:30:54 AM

Hello guys am a newbie how can i know if an airdrop is real or fake
If someone says the usual stuff about their project, like it being the future of cryptocurrencies or whatever with absolutely no basis then they are definitely a scam. I mean you can't really lose money participating in airdrops but you'll definitely lose money if you get convinced to invest.

Never, ever invest any money in airdrops.

And it's probably never a good idea to participate in one, unless it legitimately has good ideas behind it.
kz06

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:49:28 AM

I Don't Know..I got scammed big time by this. Does anyone know of anything I can do?  Roll Eyes
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 06:55:22 AM

you will never know if its fake or real until you try it just always invest what you can afford to lose because in crypto there always a lot ofrisk
some airdrop give the coin for free but what happen next is the dev is just waiting to hit it in exchange and sell some coin and not develop it
sooner or later the coin will not worth anything 

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
Yhan

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:01:48 AM

I really don'tknow how to determined wheather the airdrops is fake also. What am I doing is just filled up all the forms and wait to received tokens.
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 07:02:11 AM

Nothing will lose whether an airdrop is fake or real. Just try to fill up all the forms you can. But be very aware on some application form because scams have scattered. Your question should be, “How to know if an airdrop is a scam?”. Now, to know if they are a scam or a hacker, if the link they provided lead you to your wallet or they ask you your private keys, I’m very much sure that those are scams.
If those project is asking about your private key of your wallet, surely that is scam, also you can distinguish if there are fake. So dont trust in some airdrop if you have doubt about there project.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Enjorlas

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:04:50 AM

90% of airdrop are fake so why bother ?  Participate to ICO it's better and more rewarding
mahimonliner

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 07:43:14 AM

You wont be able to mark an airdrop fake or real. By the way why you are worried about fake or real airdrop is free and it doesn't cost you anything to try it out.

fireblond

Activity: 200

Thrive

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:30:41 AM

The ones that ask for private keys, I'm surprised these threads don't get deleted fast enough.
Other ones that ask for mandatory donations, It's not an airdrop if they ask you to send money so stay away from these
Lastly look at team behind the airdrop and just join them I mean in the end of the day they are free so even if it is fake as long as
1 of the airdrops you joined takes off then that's pretty cool!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     T H R I V E     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE
Facebook    Twitter    Linkedin    Telegram    Medium    TGE PRIVATE ROUND  |  January 15th, 2018  ]
kemet jr

Activity: 154

Sapien.Network-Beta Platform is Live

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:50:41 AM

No better way of knowing at all. I won't bother myself knowing whether an airdrop is legit or not because airdrops are mostly open to limited number of applicants only thus you don't have the luxury of time to further investigate if you want to be on the list. The task anyway is just for you to fill in a form. As to whether it will give you or not, there's no fuzz about it coz the pay is usually not that much oftentimes. Bu you have be cautious when airdrops ask for eths and the most your private key as you may definitely lose on them instead of gaining. You know, scammers are good at deceptions. So i suggest, just fill in airdrop forms as many as you can in a day.

mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:54:20 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2017, 07:07:16 PM by mrayazgul

Nothing will lose whether an airdrop is fake or real. Just try to fill up all the forms you can. But be very aware on some application form because scams have scattered. Your question should be, “How to know if an airdrop is a scam?”. Now, to know if they are a scam or a hacker, if the link they provided lead you to your wallet or they ask you your private keys, I’m very much sure that those are scams.

Well, Once you receive the airdrop, you can then wait for the coin to be listed in good exchanges so that you can convert them to bitcoins in good rates.
won99

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 08:59:34 AM

I think real airdrop has a manager who give many more information about an airdrop. He also give progress information when the project pre sale until the end. Many follower will get coins for reward  Wink

TAYLOR
Crypto Trading for Everyone
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
[]
fredo123

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:14:41 AM

Real airdrop has its site and has a good design on its wallpaper unlike fake has no proper site. Sometimes the project manager on fake airdrop are NEWBIES so that they can easily escape from interrogations, real airdrop handled by higher rank  manager.
benres

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:18:06 AM

An Ethereum analyst on youtube said that fake tokens will first be involve in airdrops to advertise the token, that is why we should always check the unique technology that they are promoting then we must also check the roadmap and whitepaper and even the website, then if you see some red flags then doubt that they are a genuine coin.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:27:16 AM

Honestly speaking, I don't trust Airdrops because I knew some airdrops asking for a private key and eth address before you become a participants to their program. You may able to get a free token from them but in the end some of it you don't know they already have an access to hack your account in your MEW due to the information you gave.
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:30:29 AM

I haven't saw a fake airdrop, yet. But there are a lot of airdrops/ICOs that might turn bogus if not well-planned. How can we determine them?

First of all, it should be obvious that a project is fake if it has no whitepaper. Whitepaper is definitely the most important part of a project. This will give the people the idea about the project, including the details about the coin/token.

Second, a project should have a well-designed and organized website. Although the looks and designs of a website doesn't guarantee that the project is real (especially that there are a lot of people nowadays that can do web designing easily), it is still safer to join a project with a great website as it will serve as the mirror of the project.

Another thing to look at when joining an ICO is the list of team members. Most project/ICO developers uses the word PRIVACY to hide their identity. Although this is reasonable, there are still some devs who put their team members' faces and backgrounds in their websites. These ICOs/projects are more trustworthy than those who do not show the list of team members.
nappoleon

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:59:56 AM

When you have to pay them. LOL or when you didn't received the airdrop despite of doing what was instructed. Or asking for private keys, being sneaky you know. Good luck.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Ellababes

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:16:39 AM

Real airdrop has its site and has a good design on its wallpaper unlike fake has no proper site. Sometimes the project manager on fake airdrop are NEWBIES so that they can easily escape from interrogations, real airdrop handled by higher rank  manager.

So if some one who handle the airdrop was a newbie it means we don't need to trust them?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: