Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:15:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know fake Airdrop project  (Read 1954 times)
Kolokoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 10:18:53 AM

I've been a lot of airdrops before and only few of them were true and most of them I didn't get tokens even when I follow all the instructions.
And I noticed that most airdrops and scam ICOs are started or managed by newbie and junior members.
Real airdrops and ICOs were actually managed by higher ranked members and specially those notable bounty managers are more likely to be true.

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kolokoy

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 10:21:34 AM

When you have to pay them. LOL or when you didn't received the airdrop despite of doing what was instructed. Or asking for private keys, being sneaky you know. Good luck.

That's why today I won't participate in anu airdrops because they're technically difficult and most of them are not reliable managers.
I would prefer higher ranks who are notably managed most successful ICOs. Secondly, airdrops will only give you too little portion of stakes so I prefer wait patiently by joining bounty campaigns rather than getting a single coin or token.

Kolokoy

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 10:24:26 AM

Real airdrop has its site and has a good design on its wallpaper unlike fake has no proper site. Sometimes the project manager on fake airdrop are NEWBIES so that they can easily escape from interrogations, real airdrop handled by higher rank  manager.

So if some one who handle the airdrop was a newbie it means we don't need to trust them?

Real managers have to be higher ranks because that way they're telling people that they are offering good ICO. that's why most good ICOs will hire bounty managers whose ranks are higher like Hero or Legendary Members. For me, I feel safe and secured and I don't feel wasting my time on joining airdrops and bounty campaigns.

thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:26:58 AM

Hi friend, first i need to let you know that 95% of airdrop are mostly dump after the airdrop end. however there are no simple way to know that airdrop is fake because most of them do cook up good whitepaper and even roadmap to make the project attract many participant. however since you have nothing to lose in taking part in ICO i think you are good to go but be careful in joining airdrop that tell participant to install executable file on their system to claim their free airdrop. most of them contain malware which might affect or even steal files from your system.
long8899

Activity: 202
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:30:09 AM

as long as the airdrop don't ask your private information like private key, it is fine.

Rose119

Activity: 502
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:47:19 AM

It is hard to know if the airdrop was fake, because if we know that at the first place no one want to join.
Bambinoe

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:56:23 AM

I guess by simply researching the white paper and investigating the team behind the project.

ryjin1007

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:18:03 AM

Wait the whitepaper, website and the updates, dev's are always be active in telegram, information is presented in the whitepaper, their goals and roadmaps and lastly dont try to join airdrop that they want to send .003 ,004 ,005 for them clearly a scam
gangem07

Activity: 598

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:38:54 AM

Wait the whitepaper, website and the updates, dev's are always be active in telegram, information is presented in the whitepaper, their goals and roadmaps and lastly dont try to join airdrop that they want to send .003 ,004 ,005 for them clearly a scam
Fake airdrop project?when you didn't recieved any token...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ▼  PUNKCOIN  ▼   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The rebel under the cryptocurrencies - a different ERC20 project
 WebsiteReddit △  Twitter Whitepaper △  ANN Thread
justyourkuya

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

Bounty Campaign Management

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:59:25 AM

You'll never know whether or not the airdrop you are joining is real. In spite of that, you just need to be careful though. When that ask you to take your BTC address and claim to add the equivalent number of 2X coins to your address ahead of the split, beware. It might be unreal.
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:02:41 PM

Do some research and ask some experts if that airdrop is real. There's a lot of experts in the airdrop threads.

osmo

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:06:01 PM

usually i if follow airdrop never check whether it is fake airdrop or not? usually I check when I follow the signature, I check whether the coin that I follow good or not, and coin also has good value what not, I think we just follow the existing airdrop, and do not follow the airdrop is not free, usually it airdrop fake, just looking for profit

CryptRoller

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 12:30:55 PM

I use this to check if I join:
* Does it require me to spend money?
* Does it require me to share a private key?
* Does it require me to share personal data?
* Will it take me a lot of time to join / participate?
* Does my gut-feeling says that it's not worth it?

If one of these questions is answered with a yes, I'll skip it...

[   eGOLD  M I N I N G   ]    Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
                                INVEST NOW                              
❪❪ WP | How it Works ❫❫   ◾ telegram  ◾ facebook  ◾ twitter
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:05:19 PM

I always look on if their project is good, roadmap, if they have plan to improve the project. Actually, there are many fake airdrop outhere, others always wanted to ask for donation and in their form asks for the private key. In this case, we have to be very careful on choosen the airdrop, never put in your private keys. And always check the update about their project.
shenjing85

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:10:32 PM

I think if some airdrops have a much bigger portion of free coins is probably fake. Also, if they want you to send some ETH or other coins to them, it is fake.

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

just a man

Activity: 266

Partner of UBER GRAB GOCAR

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:22:46 PM

When you see a dev that gives tiny little amount of airdrop and the roadmap is going very long with no definite plan for development in short to medium term, then you should know that the particular airdrop is fake. In addition to point made, when there is minimum amount of effort is not put into white paper, Ann, bounty that is also anothet red flag. These factor mentioned so far is not limited to airdrop alone, it should be apply to ICO, altcoin etc.
Look at the history of the coin, if it hasn't been around for a while then don't take the risk of investing in it.

anga3636

Activity: 119

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:32:31 PM

When you see a dev that gives small little measure of airdrop and the guide is running long with no clear arrangement for advancement in short to medium term, at that point you should realize that the specific airdrop is phony. Notwithstanding point made, when there is least measure of exertion isn't put into white paper, Ann, abundance that is likewise anothet warning. These factor specified so far isn't constrained to airdrop alone, it ought to be apply to ICO, altcoin and so on.
anga3636

Activity: 119

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:41:12 PM

In this early stage it is generally difficult to perceive which Airdrops are phony qnd which are great. Since there are such a large number of Airdrops recently, first what you can do is a brisk legitimacy check. Does the undertaking has a whitepaper, is there any guide, do they have a site? On the off chance that they are asking you a private key than it is a trick and you should runaway from it. I additionally don't have any significant bearing for Airdrops where they are making a request to introduce a wallet. You never know is there any malignant programming incorporated in the wallet. Be cautious and there is no reason to worry. Wish you much achievement
Asmus003

Activity: 476
Merit: 113

World-bounty.com

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 02:45:06 PM

I don`t think about it. Just fill the forms. It`s free... If it`s scam I don`t lose my money! BUT. Beware of scammers that send spam on e-mail!

World-bounty.com         Caйт c oпиcaниeм бayнти нa pyccкoм языкe                                 
                                                                  [   J  O  I  N    N  O  W   ]                                                                                                   
Caйт c oпиcaниeм бayнти кaмпaний нa pyccкoм языкe. Удoбный кaлeндapь бayнти, тaблицa для мoнитopингa, выбopкa пo видaм зaдaний. Oбyчeниe. Пocтoяннoe paзвитиe caйтa.
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:46:54 PM

Before signing up in airdrops make sure it has a co plete details to be sure that it is not a fake,  the real aordrops have bitcointalk thread, whitepapers, twitter, telegram and have those road map in their thread, because many airdrops are fake that with a purpose of ganing many followers and even they can scam you,  so beware all of us
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: