Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:31:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 243 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Just-Dice.com : now with added CLAMs : Play or Invest  (Read 454544 times)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 02:22:43 AM

I really don't understand the switch to CLAM. I haven't researched that altcoin immensely, but from what I understand it's quite stupid it's initial coin distribution was meant to be fair, but for some cases absolutely wasn't. But that's not the point here.

The reasoning behind the usage of CLAM is because the amount of BTC was too high back in the days. What CLAM actually does is introduce exchange rate risks for players and investors. Because who are we kidding? How many players and investors are actually using their own CLAM instead of exchanging them.

CLAM prices ten-folded after the re-opening of JD. I don't know if there were any events beside that, but looking at the history of CLAMs exchange rate, it seems pretty obvious that JD played a huge role here.

So the only thing that's keeping players/investors back is CLAMs uncertain future. If that was the plan, then it will prolly work to some extent.

The reason for going to CLAM, as far as I understand, is that it isn't easily converted to fiat yet

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 05:44:34 AM

I really don't understand the switch to CLAM. I haven't researched that altcoin immensely, but from what I understand it's quite stupid it's initial coin distribution was meant to be fair, but for some cases absolutely wasn't. But that's not the point here.

The reasoning behind the usage of CLAM is because the amount of BTC was too high back in the days. What CLAM actually does is introduce exchange rate risks for players and investors. Because who are we kidding? How many players and investors are actually using their own CLAM instead of exchanging them.

CLAM prices ten-folded after the re-opening of JD. I don't know if there were any events beside that, but looking at the history of CLAMs exchange rate, it seems pretty obvious that JD played a huge role here.

So the only thing that's keeping players/investors back is CLAMs uncertain future. If that was the plan, then it will prolly work to some extent.

The reason for going to CLAM, as far as I understand, is that it isn't easily converted to fiat yet

But when it will dooglus will not close Just-Dice.

CLAM was a way to reopen without doing a bitcoin dice.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 05:57:01 AM

Kinda like owning a full auto weapon, a short rifle or a large magazine before they were against the law.... Grandfathered in.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 06:13:09 AM

Kinda like owning a full auto weapon, a short rifle or a large magazine before they were against the law.... Grandfathered in.

JD was opened before bitcoins were considered a currency, so that isn't really true...

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 06:22:54 AM

JD was opened before bitcoins were considered a currency, so that isn't really true...

Bitcoin isn't considered currency where I am.

It is considered property and there was plenty of options to go straight to USD when JD opened... Not so much with ze CLAM.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 06:36:59 AM

It is considered property and there was plenty of options to go straight to USD when JD opened... Not so much with ze CLAM.

You're missing something I think:

JD opens: BTC can be traded to fiat BUT it's not considered as a currency ANYWHERE
BTC becomes legally recognized as a currency in the U.S., and to some degree, abroad. JD closes due to legal concerns

CLAM releases earlier this year
CLAM can't be traded to USD. JD opens accepting CLAM (just like they did with BTC before BTC was a legal concern), likely under the assumption that it's not a currency (read: just like BTC was when they first opened)

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 06:45:52 AM

JD opens: BTC can be traded to fiat BUT it's not considered as a currency ANYWHERE
BTC becomes legally recognized as a currency in the U.S., and to some degree, abroad. JD closes due to legal concerns

CLAM can't be traded to USD. JD opens accepting CLAM (just like they did with BTC before BTC was a legal concern), likely under the assumption that it's not a currency (read: just like BTC was when they first opened)

You are missing something.

BTC had TONS of service that exchanged BTC for USD when JD opened. (Bitinstant and others)

CLAM had 0. Ziltch, nadda... not even fucking a half a service Tongue.

Bitcoin is also property in the USA.. not currency, but Doog is in Canada anyways.

picolo

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:28:51 AM

Just-Dice is great but you are re-writing history, not even dooglus, or especially not dooglus will say that just-dice had an impact on Bitcoin being recognized or going to 1000$/BTC a year ago.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 07:47:54 AM

Just-Dice is great but you are re-writing history, not even dooglus, or especially not dooglus will say that just-dice had an impact on Bitcoin being recognized or going to 1000$/BTC a year ago.

Just-dice being open certainly didn't hurt Bitcoin last year and I'm 100% sure it helped the price.

60,000 BTC is no bullshit Smiley

I watched BTC go from $80 to >$1000 during JD life time and I do believe in my heart of heart that the Bitcoin price was directly related to the site and the troll box as well. (Plus obviously Willy bot ect!)

One of the few chats where you have a Billionaire, a Pool owner, a homeless person, a business person, a marketing person and whatever else all in the same room shooting the shit.

Just-dice is still the best Bitcoin/Dogecoin investment in my opinion even if it isn't Bitcoin or Dogecoin (or even Litecoin.)

Being a first market mover is a scary thing and I tip my hat to Doog.

ChocoBoy

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 08:06:40 AM

where can i buy clam?
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 08:10:41 AM

where can i buy clam?

You should always get your free coins first, but after that check out:

https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_clam

Hopefully more to come so we can arb ect.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 08:12:19 AM

I'm not sure how your comment was in any way related to anything you quoted. You're bringing in a whole different conversation. If you read what you quoted, we were simply discussing why they closed (when accepting BTC) but reopened using a new currency (CLAM) instead of going back to BTC.

ChocoBoy

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 08:29:34 AM

where can i buy clam?

the free coins are in all my btc wallets with btc in them, right? is this exchange the only exchange to buy and is it safe to buy there?
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 08:48:02 AM

where can i buy clam?

the free coins are in all my btc wallets with btc in them, right? is this exchange the only exchange to buy and is it safe to buy there?

First off ALWAYS be sure to move all the Bitcoins, Litecoins or Dogecoins before claiming clam.

Do not share secrets that have value with anyone if you expect them to be secrets!

After you move the coins then it is safe to "dig them".

Type /dig in the Just-dice troll box for further details (so no need to trust the CLAM client.)

Polo has always been good for me, but I try never to leave more than 5 Bitcoins with them at a time. Just to be safe... they had a hack at the start of their exchange, but they paid it all back... but still!

picolo

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:34:35 AM

Just-dice being open certainly didn't hurt Bitcoin last year and I'm 100% sure it helped the price.

60,000 BTC is no bullshit Smiley

I watched BTC go from $80 to >$1000 during JD life time and I do believe in my heart of heart that the Bitcoin price was directly related to the site and the troll box as well. (Plus obviously Willy bot ect!)

One of the few chats where you have a Billionaire, a Pool owner, a homeless person, a business person, a marketing person and whatever else all in the same room shooting the shit.

Just-dice is still the best Bitcoin/Dogecoin investment in my opinion even if it isn't Bitcoin or Dogecoin (or even Litecoin.)

Being a first market mover is a scary thing and I tip my hat to Doog.

No doubt Just-Dice had a positive impact on Bitcoin but you are overestimating it in my opinion. You are too close to Just-Dice and not enough to all other aspects of Bitcoin to judge accurately.
Cyrax89721

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 03:08:37 PM

I have no idea what you guys are even trying to argue over.
pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 05:54:39 PM

This.

JD probably closed because they were operating a "real-money" gambling site. (At least in their jurisdiction). I guess with CLAM this changes pushing JD back into some kind of grey area. Maybe that's also why doog is often hinting that CLAM can't be exchanged for (US/Canadian) dollars.
uvwvj

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:19:49 PM

My analysis of Just-Dice -

Treat Clams like a "sidechain" coin used for JD with JD's Market Cap being the Clam Market Cap and USD being the basis since it is gambling based

JD is up 3% in profit - 15k Clams at 0.00057 at $336 = $2,872.80
$2,872.80 x 26 weeks (2 weeks openish) = $74,692.80 - x 10 years = $746928.00
total of 370,110 CLAM
370,110 x 0.00057 * 336 =$708kUSD

Therefore JD right now is worth $750K and thus the reason the pricing of the Clam

Until JD does more profits (mainly volume) the price of Clams should remain the same or go down as Clams come on line -

Just be careful with the ability to dig Clams

14:12:36 INFO: 47,758 of 3,208,032 sets of 4.60545574 CLAM were dug up so far from the initial distribution
14:12:36 INFO: 219,947 CLAM were dug up and 150,163 CLAM were staked for a total of 370,110 CLAM
14:12:36 INFO: Just-Dice's bankroll of 179,232 CLAM represents 48.43% of that amount
14:12:36 INFO: if all the distributed CLAMs were dug up, the total money supply would be 14,924,564 CLAM

Vani

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:38:45 PM

Nice to see that JD is back Cool
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:19:15 PM

14:12:36 INFO: 47,758 of 3,208,032 sets of 4.60545574 CLAM were dug up so far from the initial distribution
14:12:36 INFO: 219,947 CLAM were dug up and 150,163 CLAM were staked for a total of 370,110 CLAM
14:12:36 INFO: Just-Dice's bankroll of 179,232 CLAM represents 48.43% of that amount
14:12:36 INFO: if all the distributed CLAMs were dug up, the total money supply would be 14,924,564 CLAM

Am I reading this right, that only 1.5% of the initial distribution has been claimed?

Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 243 »
  Print  

Jump to: