Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:42:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 [832] 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243126 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Borgholio

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 01:16:18 AM

Removed the .Borgholio from the XMR address and I'm still not showing on the pool website even though I'm getting CPU shares accepted.

Hi,

Could you please try upgrading to 5.6.3 to see if it fixes it?  It could be that the release this morning changed something that is not pool compatible.

Sorry, still no luck.  Not showing on pool status after several accepted shares.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 01:26:44 AM

Removed the .Borgholio from the XMR address and I'm still not showing on the pool website even though I'm getting CPU shares accepted.

Hi,

Could you please try upgrading to 5.6.3 to see if it fixes it?  It could be that the release this morning changed something that is not pool compatible.

Sorry, still no luck.  Not showing on pool status after several accepted shares.

Hmm, we will have to keep checking things one at a time; next thing, when I look at your Monero address it looks normal on the screen, but I see a potential special character between the "8G" and the "mbu".  I found this by copying and pasting.

Can you please see if re-setting the address fixes it?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 01:29:08 AM

Hi,

Hmm, we will have to keep checking things one at a time; next thing, when I look at your Monero address it looks normal on the screen, but I see a potential special character between the "8G" and the "mbu".  I found this by copying and pasting.

Also while in there please try
--threads=1

(instead of --threads 1)

(Doubt thats it but please try anyway)

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
Borgholio

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 02:23:58 AM

Hi,

--threads=1

(instead of --threads 1)

Nope, no dice.  What if we try to eliminate the monero address entirely?  Is that possible?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 02:42:45 AM

Hi,

Could you please try upgrading to 5.6.3 to see if it fixes it?  It could be that the release this morning changed something that is not pool compatible.

Sorry, still no luck.  Not showing on pool status after several accepted shares.

Hmm, we will have to keep checking things one at a time; next thing, when I look at your Monero address it looks normal on the screen, but I see a potential special character between the "8G" and the "mbu".  I found this by copying and pasting.

--threads=1

(instead of --threads 1)

Nope, no dice.  What if we try to eliminate the monero address entirely?  Is that possible?

Maybe try running the command prompt as administrator first, then mine that way as admin.  Next as a separate test, try mining from another windows machine with the same batch file contents.

Lets see if its the machine.

I would not remove the monero address, no, as its looking for that.

Also let me know if it says it solves both BBP and XMR, or just XMR shares.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 02:45:43 AM

Hi,

Could you please try upgrading to 5.6.3 to see if it fixes it?  It could be that the release this morning changed something that is not pool compatible.

Sorry, still no luck.  Not showing on pool status after several accepted shares.

Hmm, we will have to keep checking things one at a time; next thing, when I look at your Monero address it looks normal on the screen, but I see a potential special character between the "8G" and the "mbu".  I found this by copying and pasting.

--threads=1

(instead of --threads 1)

Nope, no dice.  What if we try to eliminate the monero address entirely?  Is that possible?

Maybe try running the command prompt as administrator first, then mine that way as admin.  Next as a separate test, try mining from another windows machine with the same batch file contents.

Lets see if its the machine.

I would not remove the monero address, no, as its looking for that.

Also let me know if it says it solves both BBP and XMR, or just XMR shares.

I just thought of one other possibility, try adding an exception to the firewall for the bbp-xmrig program.  It might be blocked from transmitting the actual solution.

A shortcut to this is to temporarily shut off the firewall, test it, then make a rule later if it fixes it.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Borgholio

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 04:55:25 AM

Well I tried making a firewall exception and running as administrator but nothing showed up on the pool after I had submitted several shares.  I did as you suggested and checked my Monero stats, and yeah it looks like I am indeed generated Monero shares.  I took a close look at the output of the mining exe and I noticed that each share that was accepted was XMR.  I kept an eye on it for awhile and saw that most of the work I was getting was XMR.  Eventually I got a job from rx.biblepay.org-charity (as opposed to rx.biblepay.org), and that one turned into a valid share for XMR-Charity but it still did not show up in the pool stats.

Also something I noticed, when generated for biblepay.org-charity, it stops generating for XMR.  Is this normal?  Does it alternate between BBP and XMR?
coinsinspect

Activity: 164

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 06:28:12 AM

Well I tried making a firewall exception and running as administrator but nothing showed up on the pool after I had submitted several shares.  I did as you suggested and checked my Monero stats, and yeah it looks like I am indeed generated Monero shares.  I took a close look at the output of the mining exe and I noticed that each share that was accepted was XMR.  I kept an eye on it for awhile and saw that most of the work I was getting was XMR.  Eventually I got a job from rx.biblepay.org-charity (as opposed to rx.biblepay.org), and that one turned into a valid share for XMR-Charity but it still did not show up in the pool stats.

Also something I noticed, when generated for biblepay.org-charity, it stops generating for XMR.  Is this normal?  Does it alternate between BBP and XMR?

Rob, maybe wireshark capture will help here ?
Set Ready Go

Activity: 273
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 11:28:46 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2020, 02:56:13 PM by Set Ready Go

Well I tried making a firewall exception and running as administrator but nothing showed up on the pool after I had submitted several shares.  I did as you suggested and checked my Monero stats, and yeah it looks like I am indeed generated Monero shares.  I took a close look at the output of the mining exe and I noticed that each share that was accepted was XMR.  I kept an eye on it for awhile and saw that most of the work I was getting was XMR.  Eventually I got a job from rx.biblepay.org-charity (as opposed to rx.biblepay.org), and that one turned into a valid share for XMR-Charity but it still did not show up in the pool stats.

Also something I noticed, when generated for biblepay.org-charity, it stops generating for XMR.  Is this normal?  Does it alternate between BBP and XMR?

Not sure whats the problem with no bbp shares, you are not alone.

As for the when its charity mining it stops like you say mining to you and instead to the monero charity adress. Its normal and its only xmr it does not alternate between xmr/bbp

i think Rob be sweating bullets fixing blockchain  Grin
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 01:36:49 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2020, 11:08:56 AM by mprep

As for the when its charity mining it stops like you say mining to you and instead to the monero charity adress. Its normal and its only xmr it does not alternate between xmr/bbp

i think Rob be sweating bullets fixing blockchain  Grin

Please do not post things that are not true here.

As you can see from the bottom of the OP post, violating those rules get your messages deleted and then you get banned after that.

Just to clarify, Borg is the only user so far that I know of that is not generating BBP shares. 

** High Diff block transition **

So at block 184675, we have a high difficulty situation (which was to be expected) - and that is not an easy match for RandomX to solve.
Although the diff is 5000, after the block is late (that is 30 mins after 606 am CST), the diff drops to about ~500 (roughly), but obviously that is still going to be a doozie to solve.

Hence the reason it is taking so long for this block.
The other issu(es) going on:  There was a technical issue in the pool (the pool at rx.biblepay.org) and it has now been corrected and I see the miners are now mining on it on 184676 (good).

One final thing, if you have any extra biblepay nodes running (not VMs however), could you please 'setgenerate true 1' just to get the solo miners on temporarily.  Then when we get back to normal we can shut them off.

Thanks.

Rob, maybe wireshark capture will help here ?

If it comes to that, but we have some other levels we can go to first, like verbose logging on the client, then capturing the traffic on the server for the address and adding some logging, etc.  I will come back and check some other things with him next.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Borgholio

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 02:44:08 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2020, 02:59:29 PM by Borgholio

Actually scratch that, there was a similar BBP number showing up in the pool that I confused with my own.  So no, I guess I still don't see any BBP shares in the pool.  Still generating XMR though....
Set Ready Go

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 03:01:46 PM

Well I tried making a firewall exception and running as administrator but nothing showed up on the pool after I had submitted several shares.  I did as you suggested and checked my Monero stats, and yeah it looks like I am indeed generated Monero shares.  I took a close look at the output of the mining exe and I noticed that each share that was accepted was XMR.  I kept an eye on it for awhile and saw that most of the work I was getting was XMR.  Eventually I got a job from rx.biblepay.org-charity (as opposed to rx.biblepay.org), and that one turned into a valid share for XMR-Charity but it still did not show up in the pool stats.

Also something I noticed, when generated for biblepay.org-charity, it stops generating for XMR.  Is this normal?  Does it alternate between BBP and XMR?

As you can see from the bottom of the OP post, violating those rules get your messages deleted and then you get banned after that.

Just to clarify, Borg is the only user so far that I know of that is not generating BBP shares. 

My  bad my bad.. Just saw none of my rigs displaying any bbp shares and couldnt connect to rx.biblepay.org  pool either .

Anyways looks good now. Thanks
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 03:09:55 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2020, 11:09:16 AM by mprep

My  bad my bad.. Just saw none of my rigs displaying any bbp shares and couldnt connect to rx.biblepay.org  pool either .

Anyways looks good now. Thanks

No problem, we've had a lot of people that want to destroy us in the past Smiley.

So first let me attempt to remove the confusion so we can isolate the issue.

So, the normal behavior is (in the dual hash world), we will attempt to generate both XMR and BBP at the same time.  The XMR is always in one of two modes:  XMR or XMR-Charity.  So we don't actually have any BBP-Charity, just BBP (right now as is).  And we don't alternate back and forth between BBP and XMR, we actually constantly try to solve BBP *and* XMR simultaneously.  So you should generally see 1 bbp (1 diff) share solved on the screen about the same frequency as seeing the 1 XMR (1 diff) solution.

So the alternating you saw was normal, but that was strictly on the XMR side and did not contribute to the problem.

I read the other post and see that when you watch the screen you constantly solve XMR, but you never actually solve a BBP share - at all.
I sort of confirm that when looking at the server, I never see your address at all (on the BBP side) but I do see your XMR address passing through solving XMR shares - they are not on the display of the pool because your Pool updates are not coming through (IE the solution packets).

So, next I need to see why you aren't connecting BBP solutions.  Hang on.

Actually scratch that, there was a similar BBP number showing up in the pool that I confused with my own.  So no, I guess I still don't see any BBP shares in the pool.  Still generating XMR though....

While I poke around on the server can you please try one other thing - although it appears useless, could you please try pasting the one-liner that starts the miner and mine directly from the command prompt and not from the batch file, just to see if you solve a BBP share?  Also be sure to be on port :3001 for now (that is the easy port).

Are your network settings normal on the miner, IE does it have a default gateway and a dns server?  IE it can reach the internet and resolve the host?  Long shot but it could be it does not know how to resolve the DNS name when submitting a packet.  When that miner goes to a browser, you can connect to rx.biblepay.org without a problem?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Borgholio

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 03:26:51 PM

Actually scratch that, there was a similar BBP number showing up in the pool that I confused with my own.  So no, I guess I still don't see any BBP shares in the pool.  Still generating XMR though....

While I poke around on the server can you please try one other thing - although it appears useless, could you please try pasting the one-liner that starts the miner and mine directly from the command prompt and not from the batch file, just to see if you solve a BBP share?  Also be sure to be on port :3001 for now (that is the easy port).

Are your network settings normal on the miner, IE does it have a default gateway and a dns server?  IE it can reach the internet and resolve the host?  Long shot but it could be it does not know how to resolve the DNS name when submitting a packet.  When that miner goes to a browser, you can connect to rx.biblepay.org without a problem?

Tried the copy and paste thing already, didn't seem to make a difference.  I am able to access rx.biblepay.org fine in a web browser.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 03:31:30 PM

Actually scratch that, there was a similar BBP number showing up in the pool that I confused with my own.  So no, I guess I still don't see any BBP shares in the pool.  Still generating XMR though....

While I poke around on the server can you please try one other thing - although it appears useless, could you please try pasting the one-liner that starts the miner and mine directly from the command prompt and not from the batch file, just to see if you solve a BBP share?  Also be sure to be on port :3001 for now (that is the easy port).

Tried the copy and paste thing already, didn't seem to make a difference.  I am able to access rx.biblepay.org fine in a web browser.

Can you please PM me your IP so I can trace some of this data?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Borgholio

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 03:37:07 PM

Can you please PM me your IP so I can trace some of this data?

Sent, thanks!
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 03:42:54 PM

Where do people download the bbp xmrig software again?

https://github.com/biblepay/xmrig/tree/master/binaries

Is this the best location?

Set Ready Go

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 03:47:36 PM

Yeah normally i just download directly from github, all about your taste i guess. Directly from pool page also a option.
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 03:52:38 PM

Yeah normally i just download directly from github, all about your taste i guess. Directly from pool page also a option.

I am using port 3001 on rx.biblepay.org - the block height says 2062258

Height should be 184675. Am I mining on the correct chain? That block height looks awfully high, like it is testnet chain or something...

I haven't tried xmrig in a long time, so I could be mistaken too.

Set Ready Go

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 04:07:52 PM

Hmm yeah now that you mention it..

all my miners show same height as yours.
Pages: « 1 ... 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 [832] 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: