Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:59:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 [783] 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2019, 08:44:07 PM

1) Do we have any GPU programmers available, that understand C and C++ already? 
I'm interested in running the alpha class by you.

2) Do we have any cryptoattorneys available?  To review our DWS?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2019, 11:15:25 PM

Rob and anyone else reading --

I've been pondering for a few weeks and I'm convicted to help poor children in the two charities CameroonONE and Kairos with holiday gifts & toys. I'm sure the kids need food & rice, but what kid wouldn't want to be shown they matter and being doted over by strangers? How can we reach the BBP community and/or general crypto community to act? I emailed Todd @ CameroonOne and Andrew @ Kairos and they are both open to the idea. They already do some sort gift giving, but I think we can be involved to enhance the giving. They can take proceeds and from their respective countries purchase gifts from the local businesses.

I wanted to include a "card", but seeing how we are from all over the world, does a digital card makes more sense? Perhaps a note in donator's native language, translation into English, and destination country.

What do you think? Comments? Thoughts? Suggestions for action items, or next steps?

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2019, 03:09:13 AM

Rob and anyone else reading --

I've been pondering for a few weeks and I'm convicted to help poor children in the two charities CameroonONE and Kairos with holiday gifts & toys. I'm sure the kids need food & rice, but what kid wouldn't want to be shown they matter and being doted over by strangers? How can we reach the BBP community and/or general crypto community to act? I emailed Todd @ CameroonOne and Andrew @ Kairos and they are both open to the idea. They already do some sort gift giving, but I think we can be involved to enhance the giving. They can take proceeds and from their respective countries purchase gifts from the local businesses.

I wanted to include a "card", but seeing how we are from all over the world, does a digital card makes more sense? Perhaps a note in donator's native language, translation into English, and destination country.

What do you think? Comments? Thoughts? Suggestions for action items, or next steps?

Since they are primarily in Africa and the Philipines the only idea I have is asking Todd and Andy if they can ask the local pastor if they will buy Christmas cards and let us give them a native currency gift in cash - like a $10 gift for example for the card.  The local pastor might be able to sign them for us and stuff them.

Im willing to chip in for at least 20 kids.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2019, 05:25:15 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2019, 06:33:46 PM by sunk818

i like big blocks and i can not lie

download the miner here:
https://github.com/biblepay/cpuminer/tree/master/binaries

join the pool and earn BBP rewards here:

bbpminer-x86.exe -o stratum+tcp://sunpool.whitewalr.us:3032 -u BEXTU6iVeBdoqgwbP8rmzYNoKhQgwz5BGs -p PraiseJesus

bbpminer-x86.exe -o stratum+tcp://5.135.183.202:3032 -u BEXTU6iVeBdoqgwbP8rmzYNoKhQgwz5BGs -p PraiseJesus

-u is your bbp address
-p password can be anything

other pools:

nomp.biblepay.org
leopool.biblepay.org

9code7

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 07:37:02 AM

Yall might like https://truebibletrivia.com, a free Bible trivia game.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2019, 12:27:12 AM

Things are heating up in the world... 

Related to the Christian Treasure Trove - and the idea to archive 'non copyrighted and authorized for duplication by permission of the channel' videos, youtube has recently decided they reserve the right to delete ALL ACCOUNTS that are not commercially viable starting on Dec 10th!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpSfgPONlZk

This is pretty big news, and will cattle prod us to move to the next step with DSQL soon. 

I feel this actually might be one of the places BiblePay will shine in the end-times - by providing an alternate source for Christian content, and archived content.

So next priorities are:  POBH 2.0 in alpha for review by our IT team (and any GPU experts), PODC 2.0 fixes in testnet, then modifying DSQL to be SEO compatible with URLs, then creating the TT archive ability.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
SEO_Account

Activity: 94

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 12:31:57 PM

Related to the Christian Treasure Trove - and the idea to archive 'non copyrighted and authorized for duplication by permission of the channel' videos, youtube has recently decided they reserve the right to delete ALL ACCOUNTS that are not commercially viable starting on Dec 10th!

This is pretty big news, and will cattle prod us to move to the next step with DSQL soon.  

I feel this actually might be one of the places BiblePay will shine in the end-times - by providing an alternate source for Christian content, and archived content.

So next priorities are:  POBH 2.0 in alpha for review by our IT team (and any GPU experts), PODC 2.0 fixes in testnet, then modifying DSQL to be SEO compatible with URLs, then creating the TT archive ability.

Your understanding is being reported in the news lately, but that's not my understanding of the new terms of service.

https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1193975620755001344

To clarify, there are no new rights in our ToS to terminate an account bc it’s not making money. As before, we may discontinue certain YouTube features or parts of the service, for ex., if they're outdated or have low usage. This does not impact creators/viewers in any new ways.

They've always been able to limit anyone's account for any reason they want nothing new
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 05:48:06 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2019, 11:48:32 AM by inblue

BiblePay and cryptocurrency glossary
https://whitewalr.us/2019/biblepay-and-cryptocurrency-glossary.html?r=btc

Someone started a glossary many months ago, but it was abandoned. I worked on it some more and posting it a hack job here. Anyone that wants to add, edit, etc, let me know.

Amazing work, sunk818! This is what we've been missing for a long time. Very useful for newcomers. I'll try to write a few explanations for the missing terms.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2019, 11:29:23 PM

I didn't realize Gavin was convinced Craig Wright is Satoshi:

http://gavinandresen.ninja/satoshi

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2019, 11:32:11 PM

So next priorities are:  POBH 2.0 in alpha for review by our IT team (and any GPU experts), PODC 2.0 fixes in testnet, then modifying DSQL to be SEO compatible with URLs, then creating the TT archive ability.

Your understanding is being reported in the news lately, but that's not my understanding of the new terms of service.

https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1193975620755001344

To clarify, there are no new rights in our ToS to terminate an account bc it’s not making money. As before, we may discontinue certain YouTube features or parts of the service, for ex., if they're outdated or have low usage. This does not impact creators/viewers in any new ways.

They've always been able to limit anyone's account for any reason they want nothing new

Up til now, we have had an expanding quantity of videos on youtube.

The question is, will they start taking channels down because they are Christian - using the guise of the extended terms of service.

I guess we'll see what happens starting Dec 10th.

I don't view this as fluffy ponies and conspiracy theories and everything is A-OK.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
November 18, 2019, 09:34:10 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2019, 09:47:44 AM by MIP

Mobile Wallet for iOS
v1.4.5.0 released to App Store

Minor enhancements to improve connectivity.
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 18, 2019, 01:03:04 PM

I stumbled upon this announcement on SouthXchange:

"On November 20th, Nosturis (NTRS) will reduce its supply in 1:1000. For example, if you have 10000 NTRS you will end up with 10 NTRS."

Which really got me thinking... I know that in theory the supply is irrelevant to the price (i.e. market cap), but when we're this close to 1 satoshi (2 right now), it could mean life or death. Take a look at the mentioned coin's order book:

https://www.southxchange.com/Market/Book/NTRS/BTC

No buy orders, just a lot of sell orders for 1 satoshi... Undecided

I wonder what will happen when the supply reduction comes into effect, I will certainly follow it so we can understand the market response. I think after the supply reduction the volume will be increased manyfold, but the price for this coin will obviously go down: 1 satoshi will become 1000 satoshi, and from there the orders will go to 900 and something and so on. Because right now the coin is obviously valued at <1 satoshi. So after the supply reduction, it will be <1000 satoshi, but how much, we will see.

However, I don't think that the outcome from Nosturis will apply to BiblePay, because we shouldn't have this drawback of price reduction, unlike Nosturis which has hit the bottom - the market pressure is for a price less than 1 satoshi. The problem with BiblePay is actually with the value not being precise enough, because there is a hard limit, which is the smallest unit - satoshi. Right now BBP is valued at either 2 or 3 satoshi, which is a massive difference - 50%! That also means a massive gap between sell and buy orders, which is not natural. It's as if Bitcoin would have buy orders for $10.000 and sell orders for $15.000, that's how big the gap is and how imprecise BBP's value is.

The real value now is actually somewhere in between 2 and 3 satoshi, let's say 2.8 satoshi, but the problem is that exchanges don't allow decimal satoshis. So even if we reduced the supply just by 10 instead of 1000, we would have a much more precise value, because 2 and 3 satoshi would become 20 and 30 satoshi, so we would have a definitive price of let's say 28 satoshi. So compared to this Nosturis coin, BiblePay shouldn't lose value, instead it should just gain a more precise value.

It's important to note that this change should make everyone's wallet just move the decimal point to the left, not to retain the same number while the future emission drops, that would not be fair. This change actually isn't supposed to alter anything in the emission rate or the current and future supply, it is supposed to simply move the decimal point to the left for everyone with a mandatory update. This should only have a benefit of having a much better order book on the exchanges and potentially more volume. Another added benefit is not failing if we reach 1 satoshi.

I see only advantages, is there a potential drawback I am missing? What does the community think about doing this decimal point move for BiblePay? If yes, how many decimals, 1, 2, 3?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2019, 03:09:15 PM

Kairos added our last inbound letters to a new page:

https://kairoschildrensfund.com/index.php/biblepayphotos/

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
November 18, 2019, 04:10:19 PM

"On November 20th, Nosturis (NTRS) will reduce its supply in 1:1000. For example, if you have 10000 NTRS you will end up with 10 NTRS."

Which really got me thinking... I know that in theory the supply is irrelevant to the price (i.e. market cap), but when we're this close to 1 satoshi (2 right now), it could mean life or death. Take a look at the mentioned coin's order book:
It's important to note that this change should make everyone's wallet just move the decimal point to the left, not to retain the same number while the future emission drops, that would not be fair. This change actually isn't supposed to alter anything in the emission rate or the current and future supply, it is supposed to simply move the decimal point to the left for everyone with a mandatory update. This should only have a benefit of having a much better order book on the exchanges and potentially more volume. Another added benefit is not failing if we reach 1 satoshi.

I see only advantages, is there a potential drawback I am missing? What does the community think about doing this decimal point move for BiblePay? If yes, how many decimals, 1, 2, 3?

Interesting point. On one side we have TOKOK price in ETH which should be more precise (still volume there is monopolized by their bot), and on the other hand some exchanges do support Satoshi decimals, the first that comes to my mind is Graviex. But unfortunately we don't have presence there.

I think that if some investor really wants BBP, they will not care if it's 2 or 3 sats. As long as there is liquidity, the market will take care of the rest.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2019, 04:12:48 PM

Interesting point. On one side we have TOKOK price in ETH which should be more precise (still volume there is monopolized by their bot), and on the other hand some exchanges do support Satoshi decimals, the first that comes to my mind is Graviex. But unfortunately we don't have presence there.

I think that if some investor really wants BBP, they will not care if it's 2 or 3 sats. As long as there is liquidity, the market will take care of the rest.

I think it is just up to SX to allow sub-satoshi markets.  They could theoretically add a digit after the satoshi and make it 9 digits.
(Although it probably goes against the grain and is non-standard).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2019, 08:43:58 PM

I reached out to the Chic-fil-a foundation to try to reach the VP of charity.

https://www.chick-fil-afoundation.org/faq

Since we have the same Christian values, I wanted to make them aware that we are a feel-good investment for people seeking cryptocurrency exposure.
They also like to help orphans.

I offered to have a conference call with them, and discuss white branding a Biblepay wallet into a Chic-fil-a wallet.
Also offering integration for door-dash so we can have people buy fast food with BBP and have it delivered.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
FreefaucetIO

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 18, 2019, 09:06:24 PM

BiblePay is now available to claim for FREE at Freefaucet.io!
imadmirer

Activity: 340
Merit: 124

View Profile
November 19, 2019, 09:47:58 AM

I find the workers menu missing in the pool website
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2019, 03:38:51 PM

The problem with BiblePay is actually with the value not being precise enough

If it is not precise enough, then people can use other trading pairs to get to their precision point. There are five trading pairs already: USD, BTC, DASH, LTC, DOGE. There's no need to change the economics and perform a trade-in. Have faith, hope for a better reality, and pray (cry) out to God for guidance and intercession.

I love this advice; because God is so big he can fix this temporary rut.  I look at our condition as a temporary phase of character building for all of us.

Abba Father, please pull us out of the rut, because we have pure intentions to help orphans.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2019, 03:41:37 PM

Please discuss and vote on this also:

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=468.msg6502#msg6502

I'll be entering this proposal today, primarily to ready our testnet branch for anything that is thrown at us towards the end of 2019.

Another way to put it, I want to start to bulletproof the .14 branch, in case we have a mandatory updgrade towards the end of this year (in contrast to a PODC 2.0 upgrade).

This could be a possibility, with the changes that are coming in related to the deterministic branch, Kairos, PODC 2.0, DWS, and Apollon, etc.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 [783] 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: