Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:38:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡[ANN] TOKENPAY ⚡ SCAMMED 1 MILLION $ FROM BOUNTY AND REFERRAL PROGRAM ⚡  (Read 60341 times)
cheesebaby

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:13:13 PM

Damn, wallet looks the same as the wallet of SpectreCoin XSPEC!! Which already offers TOR+OBFS4 and has been proven for about 1 yr.

Wonder if TPAY wallet has the zero-balance bug too?!  Grin Grin

Babber

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:15:06 PM

Damn, wallet looks the same as the wallet of SpectreCoin XSPEC!! Which already offers TOR+OBFS4 and has been proven for about 1 yr.

Wonder if TPAY wallet has the zero-balance bug too?!  Grin Grin

I am pretty sure it does!  Grin  Grin
carlocolucci83

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:05:04 PM

Honestly speaking, this sounds a bit worrying. I was considering investing, but can anyone on the Tpay team respond to this? Why is there so much resemblance with Spectre coin?Huh Smells fishy.... Embarrassed
EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:36:34 PM

[...] Why is there so much resemblance with Spectre coin?Huh Smells fishy.... Embarrassed

Because available evidence suggests TPAY copied SpectreCoin.

The question is what it means going forward. It isn't illegal to copy code or details, just douchebaggery of a high order. The TPAY team is either a) actually planning a scam ICO, or b) legit, and betting that they can beat Spectre at its own game, rolling out features fast enough that people stop caring. People are quite willing to forget controversies if they're making money (see DASH's instamine controversy, which is now largely irrelevant).
sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:13:54 AM

Any idiot who invested in this coin is buying Spectrecoin without its updates at a much higher rate.

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
Titorelli

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:30:10 AM

This seems like a big scam to me. Tokenpay has essentially just copied Spectrecoins code base. Although Spectrecoins code is made available as  open source it just shows overall laziness from the developers to basically try and steal another coins code then jack up the price to inital investors. If you are a potential investor and believe in Tokenpay save your money and just invest in Spectrecoin. Spectrecoin is technically more advanced, at a good price, and has updates set to launch shortly. Spectrecoin does suffer from a lack of marketing/awareness though and unfortunately Tokenpay is simply trying to capitalize on this. Do some research into both coins and draw your own conclusions. Good luck with your investments, Cheers.
TokenPayDerek

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:49:08 AM

Sorry for being away from the thread been a bit busy. Wanted to mention a few things because all of these posts all of a sudden attacking us is just silly and want to address a few things.

1. Read our whitepaper acknowledgements it is more transparent than Spectrecoin.

2.  If you read point #1 you will know we gave credit to Shadowcash which was one of the first to have this native wallet design.  The wallet design is nice but to be honest it has a lot of issues on the UX level and we hired a designer and QT developer to update the desktop wallets to make it better of which I am more than happy to release the code just as others have to make it possible for us to get this far.

3. I have something that the developers of Spectrecoin do NOT have.  I spoke to the head developer of Shadowcash, who is now running Particl, and asked him for PERMISSION to use certain parts of the code.  He said "No problem"  and appreciated that I reached out to him.  He is actually really nice and look forward to meeting him one day.

4. Our mission is to do more than than what we have available.  Our management is definitely business oriented and in order for any crypto project to become massively adopted plans and execution need to occur to make adoption spread.  We have the networks that a lot of current block chains would only DREAM of having.  

5. Finally, crypto is an open sourced community, remember, Bitcoin was made possible because it was OPEN TO THE WORLD.  Thank the inventors (I don't believe it is just 1 person) for allowing this to help change the world.

So, for all of the people out there trying to say things about us just know we are transparent and any of you can contact me any time.  

Feel free to reach out to me!

Derek
shandiem14

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:57:22 AM

So coming from Tokepay Ceo, Spectrecoin has something in common but the idea of Tpay is very different and shows that tpay is more transaparent according to our whitepaper. Before comparing it to others coins be sure to do your own research.
AmenhotepIII

Activity: 153
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:00:49 AM

Looks like SpectreCoin clon )
1baba_yega_2018

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:05:41 AM

Hello,

I'm new to Crypto.
Please support with an advice or a link if was discussed also in the past.

I want to buy some TokenPay.Got my wallet installed,adress available and added on the Tpay site (added with succes)+ the order reserv of 0.X btc amount that will give xx Tokens.
I don't have a clue how to proceed.Where should i transfer my 0.X btc(availalble on an exchange site) so i can convert it into Tpay based on my reservation.

Please give me an advice(something like noob step by step  Grin).

Thank you in advance
AmenhotepIII

Activity: 153

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:20:07 AM

Hello,

I'm new to Crypto.

I want to buy some TokenPay.Got my wallet installed,adress available and added on the Tpay site (added with succes)+ the order reserv of 0.X btc amount that will give xx Tokens.
I don't have a clue how to proceed.Where should i transfer my 0.X btc(availalble on an exchange site) so i can convert it into Tpay based on my reservation.

Please give me an advice(something like noob step by step  Grin).

Thank you in advance

Better to buy this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2103301.0
It's cheaper and better.
TokenPay just a clon creating for hype.
vovannovig2

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:05:18 AM

Hello,

I'm new to Crypto.

Please give me an advice(something like noob step by step  Grin).

Thank you in advance

It's cheaper and better.

Absolutely agree with you!
Spectrecoin XSPEC is a fully working product, has a strong community and is dynamically developing.
only a fool can buy it, smart investors will buy - Spectrecoin

Spectrecoin XSPEC - an excellent project.
1baba_yega_2018

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:19:02 AM

Hello,

I'm new to Crypto.

Please give me an advice(something like noob step by step  Grin).

Thank you in advance

It's cheaper and better.

Absolutely agree with you!
Spectrecoin XSPEC is a fully working product, has a strong community and is dynamically developing.
only a fool can buy it, smart investors will buy - Spectrecoin

Spectrecoin XSPEC - an excellent project.

Interesting aspect you've put on the wall:)...Considering i've only requested a how to buy advice Smiley I still need it please (50-50 purchase is always good as time will say how the growth will be)

A compare between those two project will be interesting also(short one)

Thank you

bestofbritish96

Activity: 246
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:05:51 PM

Nuff said

LOL

Topic title should read 'Tokenpay (a copy) of the of the worlds most secure coin'
d0d15

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:50:58 PM

Ridiculous.

The truth is current code (they copied) has some bugs, which have been fixed mostly, and are to be released in 1.4 version of Spectrecoin wallet (it is complete rewrite of the GUI + many fixes.). The code upload to github will wait for awhile this time I presume , so will see what will they do about this. Maybe they will fix bugs on their own?

They are probably not even aware of these bugs.
trainasauruswrecks

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:23:58 PM

Sorry for being away from the thread been a bit busy. Wanted to mention a few things because all of these posts all of a sudden attacking us is just silly and want to address a few things.

1. Read our whitepaper acknowledgements it is more transparent than Spectrecoin.

2.  If you read point #1 you will know we gave credit to Shadowcash which was one of the first to have this native wallet design.  The wallet design is nice but to be honest it has a lot of issues on the UX level and we hired a designer and QT developer to update the desktop wallets to make it better of which I am more than happy to release the code just as others have to make it possible for us to get this far.

3. I have something that the developers of Spectrecoin do NOT have.  I spoke to the head developer of Shadowcash, who is now running Particl, and asked him for PERMISSION to use certain parts of the code.  He said "No problem"  and appreciated that I reached out to him.  He is actually really nice and look forward to meeting him one day.

4. Our mission is to do more than than what we have available.  Our management is definitely business oriented and in order for any crypto project to become massively adopted plans and execution need to occur to make adoption spread.  We have the networks that a lot of current block chains would only DREAM of having.  

5. Finally, crypto is an open sourced community, remember, Bitcoin was made possible because it was OPEN TO THE WORLD.  Thank the inventors (I don't believe it is just 1 person) for allowing this to help change the world.

So, for all of the people out there trying to say things about us just know we are transparent and any of you can contact me any time.  

Feel free to reach out to me!

Derek

Hello Derek. 
I was interested in Tokenpay but have some questions after seeing this thread.  It does appear that Both SPECTRECOIN and TOKENPAY are forks of the same project.  That would explain the similar wallet, but there are some issues I have with your response.

1.  You state that TOKENPAY is more "transparent" than SPECTRECOIN.  What does this mean exactly?  If this is transparency as I understand transparency then I cannot see how this is of benefit to people who are interested in anonymity.  When it comes to government, yes I agree that transparency is the best, but when it comes to finances I would like my interactions to be similar to that of cash where only myself and the receiver are involved.  I do not want any tertiary parties viewing my transactions.

2.  I found that the Spectrecoin developers also had to do a lot of work on the wallet.  They said similar things about having to translate the code to another type of code or something... it's all Greek to me.  But at the moment they already have TOR integration up and running.  They also have a selective obfuscation program that allows for people in China and other TOR banned areas to still function under the network.  If you have these things then have you not copied the wallet directly?  Can you post the code so we can compare the current TOKENPAY code to the current SPECTRECOIN code to see how they compare?

3.  This really bothered me.  Because this is a non-issue.  It seems distractive and irrelevant in the conversation.  I'm curious as to why you added this as a point of interest in your response.

4.  Am I reading your mission right?  Do you wish to integrate with the banks?  This doesn't align with my personal interests.  I am a firm believer in the "satoshi code" that we shouldn't involve those massive entities in our finances.  I hope that I'm misunderstanding this.  This would be a serious deterrent in my investment.

5.  This is true.  But if you did copy the SPECTRECOIN wallet and then attempt to resell it at $6 dollars with good marketing, then I fear that the integrity that you tried to show in your third point was feigned.  After looking into Spectrecoin I'm astounded that more people haven't heard of it.  It's clear to me that you have money for decent marketing and it doesn't appear to be the same for Spectre.  I really hope you aren't hijacking a superior product and throwing a bit of cash into making it look pretty trying to resell it to the public for more.

I hope that you can quell these concerns of mine because right now with SPECTRECOIN at...   Wow.  It's at .00002033 BTC.  I was going to say it seems like a more sound investment as they are already ahead of you in wallet development, but at that price I'm just going to invest.  I can get 20 SPECTRECOIN for the same price as one of your tokens.  I

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
              Native TOR+OBFS4 ● Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon! ● Ghost Protocol              
XSPEC SlackTwitter  ◆ FacebookWebsite
unicornico

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:14:13 PM

The UI is open source from Shadowcoin. Is Spectrecoin trying to take credit for this? TokenPay already acknowledges this in their whitepaper.

TokenPay has Sunerok the lead developer of Verge and are well known internet entrepreneurs heavily connected to every major online industry where a coin like this is designed to be used.

Lets face it, Spectrecoin has nobody. No team, no backing, no marketing ability. It will never go anywhere.

I spoke to the CEO of TokenPay yesterday and they are already designing a new wallet UI and making massive tech improvements. They released the Android app yesterday and are developing an iOS.

Look guys, it is apples and oranges to compare TokenPay to Spectrecoin.
caxalv

Activity: 410
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:27:27 PM

I advise everyone to be vigilant

This project is SCAM!!!
CommunityWhale

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:29:50 PM

The UI is open source from Shadowcoin. Is Spectrecoin trying to take credit for this? TokenPay already acknowledges this in their whitepaper.

TokenPay has Sunerok the lead developer of Verge and are well known internet entrepreneurs heavily connected to every major online industry where a coin like this is designed to be used.

Lets face it, Spectrecoin has nobody. No team, no backing, no marketing ability. It will never go anywhere.

I spoke to the CEO of TokenPay yesterday and they are already designing a new wallet UI and making massive tech improvements. They released the Android app yesterday and are developing an iOS.

Modifications made to the menu side of the wallet on Tokenpay were made by Spectrecoin team and are not the same in the Shadowcash wallet. This strongly suggests to me that Tokenpay used the Spectrecoin code as their base, not the Shadowcash code.
Babber

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:42:31 PM

True that the wallet app of Tokenpay looks similar to that of Shadowcoin. However it looks exactly the same as that of Spectrecoin. Is that not suspicious?!

SpectreCoin also acknowledges that "SpectreCoin was created in 2016 to improve on the concept of ShadowCash (SDC)." See at http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin#History

And how is that SpectreCoin has no team? There are a number of indications suggesting that it's not only that they exist, but they have developed the wallet suddenly also used to store TPAY coins! It is a valid point that the marketing of SpectreCoin needs to get boosted a lot. I believe, this will also come soon enough, it is on the short term agenda of the team. So far they have been busy developing their own product first.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: