Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:57:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What's the most valuable blockchain use case that SETHER will implement
Customer Loyalty - 6 (26.1%)
Customer Targeting and Guaranteed Promotions - 7 (30.4%)
Marketing Campaigns - 1 (4.3%)
Bounty Campaigns - 3 (13%)
Transparent political support - 1 (4.3%)
Good PR - 2 (8.7%)
Proof of Action - 3 (13%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 115 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SETHER - Arbitrating Advertising  (Read 52044 times)
Efta321

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:19:33 PM

Well, mcaffee is putting hands over to say we aren't the owners of the project so don't bother us if the project fails or something.
yes I agree Mcafee is not the owner of the project he only gives support or participation to help build this project, but we hope that this project smoothly does not experience any scam problems or fails. good job.
FYI, John McAfee is not the owner of this project from the start, dude. It is really rare things if John McAfee support a mini project like this because he just only supports a big project that has a bright future.
yes we know that, but this is very encouraging for this project because John McAfee is eyeing and supporting this project, it is also certainly a passion for this project. Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lugospod

Activity: 60
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:45:15 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 06:52:49 PM by lugospod

Currently the demo isn't showing anything except a couple of graph charts, login,... I went and looked at the project just because McAfee mentioned it...but i honestly think that he only "glazed" at the concept. Also, the concept is based under the assumption that people will give permission to "sether" so that it can access their data...

Also only two team members mention AI experience (one of those two has only 3-4 month experience mentioned on linkedin) and this is is the "core" part of the "product"...

So as far as I see this... people could make money investing in this but not because McAfeee said so but more because every ICO lately makes money for the investors, but I think i'm gonna skip this one.

edit: also, git repository shows "no activity" since they created a github repository a month/two ago... Will this project be open sourced or is the solution proprietary ??
edit 2: did anyone saw the technology landscape or architecture itself? I didn't find any information in the whitepaper. I only assume, based on the linkedin profiles, that it will be oracle based solution...
edit 3: did anyone see a list of partners that they plan to do business with? Partners are the one that will "pay" Sether for the core business (there is a pricing model inside the Whitepaper). Maybe I missed that information somewhere on the web site or in the whitepaper...
edit 4: it is pretty "brave" statement on their front Web page that they are GDPR compliant - GDPR is much more than just hardware protection...it is a business process. there has to be a Data Protection Officer, users have to accept that their data is gathered, analysed and also people can also ask through which algorithms do you process their data, and a lot lot more...

If anyone has some information, please write...
tech55

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:22:56 PM

Looking forward to this project.  Sether appears that it could be very efficient in analyzing social media data.  This will result in improved customer targeting and marketing campaigns.  It’s going to be the first real intelligent social marketing platform.  It could greatly benefit businesses of all types.
Spikeruk

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:54:27 PM

Currently the demo isn't showing anything except a couple of graph charts, login,... I went and looked at the project just because McAfee mentioned it...but i honestly think that he only "glazed" at the concept. Also, the concept is based under the assumption that people will give permission to "sether" so that it can access their data...

Also only two team members mention AI experience (one of those two has only 3-4 month experience mentioned on linkedin) and this is is the "core" part of the "product"...

So as far as I see this... people could make money investing in this but not because McAfeee said so but more because every ICO lately makes money for the investors, but I think i'm gonna skip this one.

edit: also, git repository shows "no activity" since they created a github repository a month/two ago... Will this project be open sourced or is the solution proprietary ??
edit 2: did anyone saw the technology landscape or architecture itself? I didn't find any information in the whitepaper. I only assume, based on the linkedin profiles, that it will be oracle based solution...
edit 3: did anyone see a list of partners that they plan to do business with? Partners are the one that will "pay" Sether for the core business (there is a pricing model inside the Whitepaper). Maybe I missed that information somewhere on the web site or in the whitepaper...

Thanks, its always good to hear alternative viewpoints. (I am invested)

Like you I found the alpha demo a little disappointing and not totally relating to the selling points. Hoping theres more going on behind the scenes...

Can you point me in the direction where it says AI is a "core" part of the "product"?
I don't see how AI is relevant to many of the use cases mentioned in the white paper, although every company seems to chuck 'AI' into their sales pitch these days, but to Sether's credit I don't find it anywhere in their whitepaper, and certainly not presented as a "core" feature...

For customer locality schemes etc, I can't see users having a problem allowing Sether to access their metadata to be given discounts.
i.e. like our page 5 times and get 5% discount (automatically triggered via smart contract)
lugospod

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:21:54 PM

Thanks, its always good to hear alternative viewpoints. (I am invested)

Like you I found the alpha demo a little disappointing and not totally relating to the selling points. Hoping theres more going on behind the scenes...

Can you point me in the direction where it says AI is a "core" part of the "product"?
I don't see how AI is relevant to many of the use cases mentioned in the white paper, although every company seems to chuck 'AI' into their sales pitch these days, but to Sether's credit I don't find it anywhere in their whitepaper, and certainly not presented as a "core" feature...

For customer locality schemes etc, I can't see users having a problem allowing Sether to access their metadata to be given discounts.
i.e. like our page 5 times and get 5% discount (automatically triggered via smart contract)

At first I wanted to...but now I have a lot of "question marks" flying around Smiley

Yeah, it would be better if there was no demo...  if you have a feature that throws "server errors" then you cut it out, because the "public" (that is not in DEV background will not understand this)... Also, as you very eloquently put it, the demo MUST pin point the "selling" points... in the demo I don't care about searches, I don't care about logging in, etc. I want to see how did you "envision" the solution could look like in far future (hopefully not too different Smiley )

AI is mentioned on the first page of the web site (part IV). Unfortunately it is not described inside the whitepaper (this is the part that I consider the brain of the operation because anyone can write Web Service calls to Social networks and extract data). Behavior analysis is just shortly described in whitepaper.  Now also, a question pops ups, is this AI opensource or not because that part obviously won't be run on the blockchain (I assume?)...

As I pointed out in my first post, there is no info about possible partnership... if there is no information about that, how did they come up with the pricing sheme? It is described in chapter 7. Prices can only be determined after you analyse the market...

At this time, I would assume that it is "all dev's on deck" time...or in other words "you don't eat, sleep, drink until we launch..." Smiley and there is no activity on GIT for a whole month or more... I also didn't find the demo on the git - but this is maybe my fault I lost motivation to go through all of the folders Smiley

Until I get more detailed information, this looks like it could have used a couple of months more to prepare... "polish" the demo, create some video, get some "partner" names, fill whitepaper with relevant information because, although I have DEV background, I have no intention of reading each API method that Tweeter, Facebook or any other social network exposes...the only thing I care to see regarding that part is "what will they track"/"which data" - I really don't care using which API method they get it (unless I want to see "why" is something slow) - but currently I am looking it through eyes of an innocent bystander  Smiley

If I skipped any of your question, please let me know...
Spikeruk

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:30:48 PM

Fair response!
I'm in with a punt, but thats all it is at the moment... speculative at best!

Although I'm less sold than you on the importance of AI on day 1, but I do see how that can be useful going forward for marketing campaigns etc.
Hopefully they focus on getting the basics implemented solidly, where smart contracts are setup on the blockchain and payments/loyalty/promotions are executed based on Social media input.
Agreed its not rocket science integrating with the API's, but being first on the dance floor in the social/blockchain arena will have its benefits
lugospod

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:35:59 PM

Fair response!
I'm in with a punt, but thats all it is at the moment... speculative at best!

Although I'm less sold than you on the importance of AI on day 1, but I do see how that can be useful going forward for marketing campaigns etc.
Hopefully they focus on getting the basics implemented solidly, where smart contracts are setup on the blockchain and payments/loyalty/promotions are executed based on Social media input.
Agreed its not rocket science integrating with the API's, but being first on the dance floor in the social/blockchain arena will have its benefits

Yes Smiley but this will only buy ICO users/customers and not the real customers that need to finance this business..otherwise all of our investments will go to drain or in someones pocket Smiley

Look at this from a different angle, would you invest in this if there wasn't a "blockchain" buzzword in it? Smiley

I really would like this to succeed but first the business model be known...
Spikeruk

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:26:54 PM

I've just been told that its not the alpha version on the website, that is just the alphadevelopment console only.
The alpha version will be release at the end of January as was announced.
Either way, I've recommended that it be removed as its pointless and if anything is creating negativity
Probablylikely

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:08:08 PM

ICO on so we gearing towards greatness. I'm a strong believer of sether , the team consists of experts I have faith in.  Sether it is. Goodluck all
negancoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 126

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:48:59 PM

A project should only be considered completed when the benefits have been delivered to the business and not when token sale has been succeed. that's why sether team are committed to go live regardless of the out come of the ICO campaign and make a platform that will lots of businesses with : Customer Loyalty, Customer Targeting and Guaranteed Promotions, Marketing Campaigns and more.
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:54:03 PM

If that platform goes live, it also affect the value of SETHER any other coin with a good platform or purpose. If John McAfee quote about Sether is real I asure that sether will go to the moon as he see the future of these platform as useful.
John Mcafee has a good vision on where Seether project is going to. Definitely a good type of asset worth investing . Lets all go together to the moon.
Yeah but dont get me wrong, Sether is not Mcafee project. he is just making review based on his on opinion here. i think it will help to say yes the project is great and awesome but whats your own angle on it, how do you view it and how do you want to invest in the project...i dont want you thinking base on his view i want you to think about how is going to influence you and you business. If his rating is good for you then good but always have your view
John Mcafee probably understand this project and its potential to be a successful project. Knowing that this project is adopting the social network does people will widely know about new ico because it will be available soon if this project will be going well according to plan.

This ICO will really spread like fire using social network platform. People spend lots of time on social media and soon enough they will learn about this.. Trends on social media plus blockchain will make this success.
I totally agree with you that Sether follow social network trending now is smart. Although this trend is popular, but when they integration with blockchain, it will make Sether have individual point.
Blockchain now is just like the internet in the past . People where using normal mail / photo albums / Dvd's / socializing etc.. now all of that is done trough the internet . Blockchain technology will be implemented on all of those the same way the internet did . So expect to see many traditional networks upgrading to the blockchain technology.
Probably that is just what is happening right now. Many investors are liking the way how blockchain works and also the kind of security it can offer. We can see the future that it will become more hi-tech and all transaction will be in a cashless way imo.
Doctor-Coin

Activity: 378
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:45:52 PM

I've just been told that its not the alpha version on the website, that is just the alphadevelopment console only.
Either way, I've recommended that it be removed as its pointless and if anything is creating negativity

agree with you, better no demo version then a demo version who confuse the followers and investors. I dont really understand why the devs. can not wait till they can deliver the followers and investors a good working beta website.
SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 02:03:49 AM

I think the outcome of ICO is very impotant so if you want this project to be successful then you need to pass and and at least have good result on your Initial Coin Offering. You need to take this seriously because if you don’t you will lose this, your investors and other users who are looking up to support you.
I agree with you thier team needs to put all thier efforts to this project if they are aiming to achieve thier goal. Success will follow for sure if they will take it responsibly.
Sether has a very serious team capable of pushing the project really well and to a great height, i think they just need some marketing and letting investor know whats going on with the project. they need to understand both hype and its potentials

MindKey

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:09:11 AM

After Of the indication indications of McAfee, have a big visibility on the project, but I see a different face and the real potential in the project. Is ready a great opportunity and not only marketing
Semaj123

Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:16:00 AM

I think the outcome of ICO is very impotant so if you want this project to be successful then you need to pass and and at least have good result on your Initial Coin Offering. You need to take this seriously because if you don’t you will lose this, your investors and other users who are looking up to support you.
I agree with you thier team needs to put all thier efforts to this project if they are aiming to achieve thier goal. Success will follow for sure if they will take it responsibly.
Sether has a very serious team capable of pushing the project really well and to a great height, i think they just need some marketing and letting investor know whats going on with the project. they need to understand both hype and its potentials
I agree with you that this team all their best just to make this project a successful one. Your suggestion about having a staff to answer all concern will be a big help so that investors will be clarified when there is an issue about the development of the project.
akdperry

Activity: 82

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:16:31 AM

Well, mcaffee is putting hands over to say we aren't the owners of the project so don't bother us if the project fails or something.
yes I agree Mcafee is not the owner of the project he only gives support or participation to help build this project, but we hope that this project smoothly does not experience any scam problems or fails. good job.
FYI, John McAfee is not the owner of this project from the start, dude. It is really rare things if John McAfee support a mini project like this because he just only supports a big project that has a bright future.
I didnt know that John Mcafee is also creating ICO aside from being the owner of the worlds leading antivirus software.

I think McAfee washed his hands of the antivirus software a while ago then led a pretty crazy life before he wound in speculating in the crypto world. 
Arvilaine

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Scouting for Innovative ideas.

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:23:28 AM

I really think we should all consider the devs ideas and update because it is for the project and it will make Sether better and stronger. We should not comment on what they should do or what they should provide, we are just here to support them and share them to others, what lies ahead is about the devs decision.
I like how you think, I am here to support the SETHER project as well but I can't promise that I can only give positive feedbacks. It's important for a project to know all the feedbacks especially the negative ones so that they can already do something about.
vivavivu

Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:26:50 AM

agree with you, better no demo version then a demo version who confuse the followers and investors. I dont really understand why the devs. can not wait till they can deliver the followers and investors a good working beta website.
Nope, beta version can give us to try some function and know a less to what Sether can do. And dev theam can fix some bug or errors at the future.
allowance1219

Activity: 134
Merit: 106

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:18:25 AM

After Of the indication indications of McAfee, have a big visibility on the project, but I see a different face and the real potential in the project. Is ready a great opportunity and not only marketing

I do not know if that indication from Mcafee is true or flase, since he claimed that his twitter account was hacked a few days ago, and maybe it was not him or he just did not want anyone know that information. Anyway, I think the Sether project is promising.

PDAngel

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:24:44 AM

If that platform goes live, it also affect the value of SETHER any other coin with a good platform or purpose. If John McAfee quote about Sether is real I asure that sether will go to the moon as he see the future of these platform as useful.
John Mcafee has a good vision on where Seether project is going to. Definitely a good type of asset worth investing . Lets all go together to the moon.
Yeah but dont get me wrong, Sether is not Mcafee project. he is just making review based on his on opinion here. i think it will help to say yes the project is great and awesome but whats your own angle on it, how do you view it and how do you want to invest in the project...i dont want you thinking base on his view i want you to think about how is going to influence you and you business. If his rating is good for you then good but always have your view
John Mcafee probably understand this project and its potential to be a successful project. Knowing that this project is adopting the social network does people will widely know about new ico because it will be available soon if this project will be going well according to plan.

This ICO will really spread like fire using social network platform. People spend lots of time on social media and soon enough they will learn about this.. Trends on social media plus blockchain will make this success.
I totally agree with you that Sether follow social network trending now is smart. Although this trend is popular, but when they integration with blockchain, it will make Sether have individual point.

You're right dude, we need this project to be faster and cheaper micro-payments system which rely on the blockchain to correctly validate transactions, preventing data from being altered. A supporting oracle service must have security standards aligned with the blockchain it supports. Great and amazing project!
SETHER technology is base on ERC20 Token right? One of reason i like ETH more than BTC is fast transaction and fee base on gwei system. So maybe dont worry about transfer Sether.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 115 »
  Print  

Jump to: