Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:24:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 196 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MΣC] Megacoin.co.nz - Forum, Github, Website Now in 18 Languages  (Read 330732 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gr33k

Activity: 181
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:35:23 AM

ALIEN - I see you're on there tearing it up with almost about 850KH/s Shocked

Nice man Smiley Hope this pool takes off! Thank you very much for helping test this bad boy out  Wink

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:36:56 AM

ALIEN - I see you're on there tearing it up with almost about 850KH/s Shocked

Nice man Smiley Hope this pool takes off! Thank you very much for helping test this bad boy out  Wink

I moved that hash off because it says you are on block 42262 but the network is on 42264
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:39:54 AM

MEC is now back over BTC in profitability at least!  

Code:
100.69%

by a hair..

gr33k

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:43:55 AM

I am building bitcoin-abe on a screen in the background - I wonder if this is causing the delay?

Hmm - Other than deleting the block index and having megacoind rebuild it - anything else I can do to catch up? there a rebuild index command too. Though it's unclear to me WHY i'm actually behind Sad

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
Nordstern

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:15:57 AM

diff: down to 10.712
gr33k

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:39:41 AM

Hmm i checked some other pools and they are on the same block as I am it seems right now Sad

I also noticed that the block reward is still at 50 - working on setting that to the current block reward of 125 - hopefully Smiley

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 06:39:52 AM

diff: down to 10.712
Yeah, keep going down  Cool

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 07:03:46 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2013, 07:24:03 AM by vtr99

New MegaCoin mining pool up

http://gr33k.gotdns.org

Stratum, 1% pool fee, and just starting - Got one worker so far - Me Smiley

more details:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266577

My account is locked because I put in a fake email and apparently you need to activate through email.  If you unlock my account and disable the email stuff I would put some hash there.

For those that weren't here earlier (or don't read all the posts) a few of us move from multipool to meg.smalltimeminer.com

I don't want to sound unappreciative of gr33k's efforts, but I think one problem this coin has is too many pools, and not enough hashing power. As it is, we have found quite a few blocks that may never be confirmed. I can't see moving to another pool and ending up in this situation again. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, and will do my best to help if we can come up with a plan to get this coin moving again.

This is incorrect, actually. There were plenty of people mining this coin before the reward was halved and the bottom fell out of it. A big part of the problem was that the only big pool that was up-and-running right before the crash was at multipool...and a lot of people who were mining MegaCoin over there decided to just switch to the multi port instead. As a result, when things hit the cliff, everybody instantly switched to mining something else. We're still recovering from this rollercoaster hash rate (which created the problem.)

Perhaps you weren't around before this issue, but network speed was over 1 GH/s at points. The slow network speed now is due to the fact that it's taking forever to get the difficulty down to a reasonable level. It's getting there slowly...but the addition of dedicated MegaCoin pools will help for sure. Also, an adjustment to the formula is still a requirement in my opinion. We're still not out of the woods yet...but we're getting there. I really don't want to deal with this again in 30 days (and I guarantee the exact same thing will happen if the formula stays the same.)

As Shellbunner will tell you, I was mining MEGA from day 1. I understand what you're saying about pre-block 42000 mining. The reward change at block 21k didn't cause any problems, so hopefully this is a fixable glitch. Yes the hash rate was growing bigger and bigger. I celebrated each peak with my friends, and we watched the tremendous growth in value. I believe the highest peak was 1.2 Gh/s and a market cap of almost $240k. What I meant was, I don't think we want our hashing power spread too thin. The pool I was in with half a dozen of my friends now solves 1 block about every 5 hours. There only 2 miners left in that pool, VR4mines, and Captn62, because I asked them to stay. We need fewer, and larger pools to get this thing kick-started again (my 2 cents, or should I say 2% of a MEGA). Once I recover some of the blocks I worked on in that pool, I would be happy to join gr33k's pool. Actually if we can come up with a plan to get us going, I'll join in now. I just hate to leave all those unfinished blocks behind, and I hope that pool survives. I feel pretty sure Kimoto will get the issue resolved, but I agree with your earlier post that this is a serious situation. I look at myself as a Crypto coin collector. I'm not in this to jump from pool to pool, and just mining the most profitable coins. I want to see more strong alternatives like Litecoin. Up until this brick wall of difficulty, I was pretty certain MEGA was going to be next major player.

V12AMG
gr33k

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 07:49:46 AM

Ok - I've fixed the mail server, and set the blocks from 50 to 125 since that's the going block reward. Everything appears to be running smoothly.

My block stats right now are:

Next Network Block   42271    (Current: 42270)
(12:49 AM - PST)

Port 3333 is open and external connections have been confirmed to be working by both myself and ALIEN (thanx bro!)

I'm working on a blockexplorer using bitcoin-abe for Megacoin and Cosmoscoin.

If you experience a bit of sluggishness - That's the block index populating MySQL. It will be over...well it's taking forever so far (4+ hours)...but hopefully soon!

Suggestions and/or recommendations are appreciated  Cheesy

bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 07:57:11 AM

more details:

My account is locked because I put in a fake email and apparently you need to activate through email.  If you unlock my account and disable the email stuff I would put some hash there.

For those that weren't here earlier (or don't read all the posts) a few of us move from multipool to meg.smalltimeminer.com

I don't want to sound unappreciative of gr33k's efforts, but I think one problem this coin has is too many pools, and not enough hashing power. As it is, we have found quite a few blocks that may never be confirmed. I can't see moving to another pool and ending up in this situation again. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, and will do my best to help if we can come up with a plan to get this coin moving again.

This is incorrect, actually. There were plenty of people mining this coin before the reward was halved and the bottom fell out of it. A big part of the problem was that the only big pool that was up-and-running right before the crash was at multipool...and a lot of people who were mining MegaCoin over there decided to just switch to the multi port instead. As a result, when things hit the cliff, everybody instantly switched to mining something else. We're still recovering from this rollercoaster hash rate (which created the problem.)

Perhaps you weren't around before this issue, but network speed was over 1 GH/s at points. The slow network speed now is due to the fact that it's taking forever to get the difficulty down to a reasonable level. It's getting there slowly...but the addition of dedicated MegaCoin pools will help for sure. Also, an adjustment to the formula is still a requirement in my opinion. We're still not out of the woods yet...but we're getting there. I really don't want to deal with this again in 30 days (and I guarantee the exact same thing will happen if the formula stays the same.)

As Shellbunner will tell you, I was mining MEGA from day 1. I understand what you're saying about pre-block 42000 mining. The reward change at block 21k didn't cause any problems, so hopefully this is a fixable glitch. Yes the hash rate was growing bigger and bigger. I celebrated each peak with my friends, and we watched the tremendous growth in value. I believe the highest peak was 1.2 Gh/s and a market cap of almost $240k. What I meant was, I don't think we want our hashing power spread too thin. The pool I was in with half a dozen of my friends now solves 1 block about every 5 hours. There only 2 miners left in that pool, VR4mines, and Captn62, because I asked them to stay. We need fewer, and larger pools to get this thing kick-started again (my 2 cents, or should I say 2% of a MEGA). Once I recover some of the blocks I worked on in that pool, I would be happy to join gr33k's pool. Actually if we can come up with a plan to get us going, I'll join in now. I just hate to leave all those unfinished blocks behind, and I hope that pool survives. I feel pretty sure Kimoto will get the issue resolved, but I agree with your earlier post that this is a serious situation. I look at myself as a Crypto coin collector. I'm not in this to jump from pool to pool, and just mining the most profitable coins. I want to see more strong alternatives like Litecoin. Up until this brick wall of difficulty, I was pretty certain MEGA was going to be next major player.

V12AMG

Right -- I'm talking about after this issue is resolved and things are rolling again. Obviously a ton of pools right now is pointless unless there are people to fill them -- more pools isn't going to get us out of the situation. My top concern now is preventing this from happening again...as it would almost certainly be the end.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
gr33k

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:21:41 AM

more details:

V12AMG

Right -- I'm talking about after this issue is resolved and things are rolling again. Obviously a ton of pools right now is pointless unless there are people to fill them -- more pools isn't going to get us out of the situation. My top concern now is preventing this from happening again...as it would almost certainly be the end.

I'm not opting for people to go to TONS of pools Wink Come to mine  Cheesy - Also posting here to show the crypto-community that MegaCoin is still live and kicking!

I'm confident that the good Doctor will update us in the near future with his updates  Wink

Nordstern

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:13:58 AM

slowly to 10.154...
MobGod

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 01:35:23 PM

I am having the same issue as MobGod during compiles - Ubuntu as well...but he's tested on multiple distros including Mint (I've been reading Wink )

g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/home/gr33k/megacoin-0.8.994-source/src -I/home/gr33k/megacoin-0.8.994-source/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/gr33k/megacoin-0.8.994-source/src/leveldb/include -I/home/gr33k/megacoin-0.8.994-source/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/newsmessage.d -o obj/newsmessage.o newsmessage.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/home/gr33k/megacoin-0.8.994-source/src -I/home/gr33k/megacoin-0.8.994-source/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/gr33k/megacoin-0.8.994-source/src/leveldb/include -I/home/gr33k/megacoin-0.8.994-source/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/sendalert.d -o obj/sendalert.o sendalert.cpp
sendalert.cpp: In member function ‘void CSendAlert::Test(std::string, std::string)’:
sendalert.cpp:63:18: error: ‘Sleep’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [obj/sendalert.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs...

I also see that we've been asking for fixed source code for a while - Any news or ETA?

Thank you - I really like MEC and have the most coins mined for this one - I'd love to see it working. Trying to setup a mining pool with mmcfe-ng Wink
i had fixed that for myself opening that file and changing "Sleep" to "sleep" on that line. that will happen with several files Smiley

ZOMG case sensitive OS FTW -

Did this for sendalert.cpp and sendnews.cpp -

Change Sleep(500); to sleep(500);

Silly typo Wink Good catch - Thank you! It compiled finally - MobGod (and others) here is the likely fix for your compiling issue Smiley
I'm sorry what needs to be changed?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
nearmiss

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:46:34 PM

having lots of different pools has no bearing on anything other than payouts (and perhaps public perception).  The network is still going to find blocks at the same rate.    Perhaps I pulled mine too early, though it hadn't found a block in days, nor had active miners.  Personally, I always try to support pools that are supporting the coin...being here in the thread, active, discussing with miners ect. (And I try and be this kind of pool op for the coins I host).  

I hope MEC can turn it around, whether I end up re-opening a pool for it or not.  Good luck to those mining it.  Its refreshing to see people standing behind a coin for the long term.  Wish more did the same (whether mec or not)

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
rapta

Activity: 325

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:41:09 PM

9.6!
shellbunner

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:08:40 PM

Only a few more blocks till the next difficulty drop! Slowly getting there!
Any updates Kimoto?
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:09:31 PM

9.6!

Looks like something is happening. I started receiving MEGA coins this morning, and the pace seems to be picking up. First incoming coins I've seen in 5 days. I don't see any new blocks confirmed (that I was involved in mining). I take that back, we just had one confirmed (mega.minepool.net). Hope we get some good news today.
gr33k

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:18:23 PM

Ugh - setting up bitcoin-abe filled up the drives - Moved to another drive with more space to take care of space concerns

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 06:51:01 PM

Wow diff going down! Good!

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
gr33k

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:52:15 PM

Indeed it is - great time to jump in a pool and start making those coins!

current difficulty = 9.62456257

gr33k.gotdns.org is waiting for swimmers Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 196 »
  Print  

Jump to: