Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:07:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 196 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MΣC] Megacoin.co.nz - Forum, Github, Website Now in 18 Languages  (Read 330731 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sharknutzz

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:51:16 AM

To whoever dumped ~30K MEC at around 0.00006xxx....

If you're reading this...

Thank you

Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digeros

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:14:16 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2013, 10:25:21 AM by digeros

U.S. card credits MegaCoin: new revision wallet client a long time, we see that almost all of the cottage coins, wallet, and all faces look exactly the same, it seems that all the developers are too lazy to modify the interface experiences and elements, but America card credits This brings us to a very trendy vision, we must praise one, we hope to have all the original spirit of the cottage money, make their own products to the U.S. currency is a good card model.

woohoo!

even though translator is off key, I like reading these articles in the mornings to get different cultural views on cryptocurrency, for instance, I have already found the Chinese people almost exclusively like to hold (invest) instead of day trade, there are many day traders but far more investors.. interesting.

Are you mandarin speaking or any asian language speaking???

Also is there anyone out there in touch with the Russian speaking internet?? I get the feeling that there were a lot of early adopter of bitcoin in russia who mined early on and recently sold as bitcoin hit the $130 - $140 / BTC mark.  R my impressions possibly correct???

There is also a lot of discussion about the Bitcoin that will rule is the Bitcoin / Alt currency that takes hold in China, as the independently self-sufficiently minded chinese working class, who have no social safety net, seek to put excess earnings into something that will not loss value over the long term (ie. gold, silver, possibly bitcoin).  

There is a conservative streak that comes out in time of fiat currency liquidity crisis that is summed up by Will Rogers quote from the midst of the Great Depression (a soon to be passe term), when by the way he was to be considered a millionaire of his day and yet he said, " I am more concerned with the return OF MY CAPITAL then I am about the return ON MY CAPITAL."  Think about that in this world of fiat currencies racing each other to the bottom of nothingness.  - digeros

PS you can buy a Zimbabwe 100 trillion dollar bank note for $5.50 on Ebay...  FREE SHIPPING TOO!!! nice.
  What is PAPER MONEY???  but an agreement? An agreement based on Trust.  And when Trust has been sacrificed for Profit, who will suffer the blow back??? 

BYE, BYE Bankers, you fucking money grubbing, toll-taking, produce-nothing fuck heads!!!  remember that Bitcoin is not about anonomity or investment... It is ultimately about taking back the power of money for the people.  So, ultimately, anyone in bitcoin "just as an investment" instead of seeing its true potential to liberate economies from FICO scores, central banks, and gate keepers like VISA and SWIFT networks who can arbitrarily decide whose transactions to carry and whose not to carry, can go F*** themselves, they're just another fascist capitalist pig investigating how to manipulate a profit out of producing nothing but accounting control fraud.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-TRILLION-ZIMBABWE-DOLLAR-MONEY-CURRENCY-P-91-NEW-UNC-FREE-SHIPPING-USA-/290702453172?pt=Paper_Money&hash=item43af3769b4
spoid

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:25:13 AM

then we just need luxurycoin or LVcoin or MianZiCoin or something like that

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:59:15 PM

Dr. Kimoto Chan,

First, I would like to congratulate you on Kimoto Gravity Well... simply put, the most innovative difficulty adjustment to date in this mess we call cryptocoins. Brilliant!

Second, I would like to ask if you would update the original post to reflect the correct status for the Megacoin mining pools... going through them, many are not even up to date and have zero pool hashrate.

Lastly, I wanted to make a suggestion for the future of Megacoin. Many, MANY of us have discussed and tossed about the idea of needing a decentralized exchange rather than relying on the current sea of websites that are prone to being hacked, DDOSed and manipulated by those who have more computing power than the majority of these altcoins combined. You appear to be the most motivated and skilled altcoin developer on the scene... and I would ask if you have any desire or plans to possibly embed such an exchange into the Megacoin client or create a companion client to accomplish this?

There are very few things that set most coins apart from all the others, but you have a winner here in Megacoin, and MEC is most certainly the front runner to become the Bitcoin rival in the near future... even Litecoin should be watching closely.

Keep up the great work Doc... we are all watching and mining eagerly, and I for one am very excited with the future prospects of Megacoin.

Daemon

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
daemonfox

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:03:48 PM

Quick follow up to the above to everyone in general...

Where is all the hash? Seriously... I am mining with miningpool.co and we have anywhere from 30 to 40 MH/s but net is usually from 150 to 200 MH/s but none of the other pools I visited have any type of significant hashrate... so is it safe to say this is REALLY all solo miners? Legitimately 65% of the network is solo?

If so... great... more security and adopters... but if it is from another pool I have not found yet... where? Anyone know?

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
sharknutzz

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:46:23 PM

I constantly have a few MH dedicated to MEC (solo), for what it's worth.

Grin

I don't care about mining profitability for this coin, more interested in the obvious features and potential rather than what it is worth "right now"

Have you seen this [potential] feature?

(from the MEC web site)
Is Megacoin really anonymous?

It's much more anonymous than traditional banking, but nothing can ever reach 100% anonymity. Even if you use cash to buy a prepaid card from a convenience store, that store still has cameras. While no names or ip addresses are publicly attached to the sending and receiving of Megacoin addresses, all transaction history is part of the public record. For example, if you tell others your Megacoin public address, they'll obviously know its you and can look up all transactions from that address. However you can try and mitigate this by creating as many wallet addresses as you like and move Megacoins as you wish. Mixer services are coming to make this convenient for the extra cautious. Megacoin has plans to integrate systems that enhance anonyminity further such as the concept of Zerocoin.

And then following on, to this:
http://zerocoin.org/

Enjoy.
daemonfox

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 05:18:29 PM

I constantly have a few MH dedicated to MEC (solo), for what it's worth.

Grin

I don't care about mining profitability for this coin, more interested in the obvious features and potential rather than what it is worth "right now"

Have you seen this [potential] feature?

http://zerocoin.org/

Enjoy.

I know it is a lot... but read this whole thread... zerocoin has been a topic of discussion for MEC for a while now.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
sharknutzz

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:44:39 PM

Yes, I have actually been fairly active in this thread.

You appear to be a little newer to it, so I was not sure if you were aware.
darianc

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:46:14 PM

Zerocoin has its issues.  Coinjoin looks like a much more viable option, no protocol change required, just some peer collaboration and a supporting peer trust model for the signature quorum.
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 07:23:51 PM

Any way to earn this coin without mining?

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
orco#2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:23:56 PM

Any way to earn this coin without mining?

Get a job

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.UTRUST.▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
sharknutzz

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:54:05 PM

Mow my yard - I pay you in megacoins?

Cheesy
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:50:02 PM

Awesome work as always Ethought!
Since ethought gave us this great news (Thanks again ethought!), I'm going to leak a secret.  Shocked  With luck, there will be an online store coming this fall that accepts only Megacoin, CGB, Litecoin, and Bitcoin. FuryoftheFlames will have more details in the coming weeks.

Nice. CGB, MEC, and LTC are my main holdings. Smiley

: Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Great news! Can't wait!

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
Alienwalkerx

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:03:31 PM

Yay!

MEC currently #10 on http://coinchoose.com/
MEC currently #1 on http://www.coinwarz.com
sharknutzz

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:27:15 PM

coinwarz is just a little off  hah....

Oh well, it's an improvement, nice to see they are getting off the old client/blockchain at least

Cheesy
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:32:01 AM

Since ethought gave us this great news (Thanks again ethought!), I'm going to leak a secret.  Shocked  With luck, there will be an online store coming this fall that accepts only Megacoin, CGB, Litecoin, and Bitcoin. FuryoftheFlames will have more details in the coming weeks.

This project has been in the works for a couple months. We didn't want to say anything until it was closer to reality. We are working very hard to develop a good looking, high quality site that is easy to use. The plan was to have the site up and running for the start of the Crypto-currency Conference in Atlanta early next month, but it looks like we will miss that target by at least a few weeks due to design and development issues. But we are moving forward, and FuryoftheFlames will have more info as we get closer to launch.
shellbunner

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 05:37:57 AM

This project has been in the works for a couple months. We didn't want to say anything until it was closer to reality. We are working very hard to develop a good looking, high quality site that is easy to use. The plan was to have the site up and running for the start of the Crypto-currency Conference in Atlanta early next month, but it looks like we will miss that target by at least a few weeks due to design and development issues. But we are moving forward, and FuryoftheFlames will have more info as we get closer to launch.

Sounds promising!!! Good luck! Smiley
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 06:39:46 AM

Sounds promising!!! Good luck! Smiley

Thanks, we're going to need all the luck we can get. We hope to present a high quality site that will instantly increase Megacoin's value, and the ways to spend it.   Cool

Nordstern

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:17:48 AM

Thanks, we're going to need all the luck we can get. We hope to present a high quality site that will instantly increase Megacoin's value, and the ways to spend it.   Cool

It sounds awesome!
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:07:05 PM

It goes up up up!

Once the store is setup nothing will stop this coin. It has the most beautiful front-end wallet.

Zerocoin & more services and then nothing stops this coin!!!

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 196 »
  Print  

Jump to: