Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:17:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: will the bitcoin reach $1000 one day...?  (Read 112610 times)
MoneyGod

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:46:24 PM

In next few Days MTGox will be out of head and sight then we have something new for scammed and cannot stop ourselves for this scam  Wink

boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 04:03:39 PM

Site profits of 17.5 for 1170 wagered! The investors are running well; ED is close to accept 1BTC win; PD accepts something like 70BTC win, JD 160 and SD probably more but they are not in the same category

apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:09:34 PM

Its over 500 now , and it can be 2k any time in this 2 month . lets see  Wink
I don't think its going to touch this 2k in next 2 months because currently under pressure and need some time for stabilizing in this world of speculation 

1k Should be no problem at all , lets hope some big shark come in  Wink

i think its more realistic if it hit 600$ by the end of the month or next month
Yeah definitely. People are overestimating how fast it'll rise at the moment, and it's quite annoying. I'm sure we'll see a rise, but it won't explode unless we get some big news.

There wasn't any big news the last time it rose quick was there?
Actually I don't know, however it seems far to unstable to just start rising again. MT Gox doesn't seem to be fully out of the picture for one thing.

Mtgox is still in everyone's head and the China fuss is far from over apparently but I feel the very good fundamentals are still here so it is risky to be in fiat instead of Bitcoin
Well, yes, we just basically need people to leave the bad things in the past and move on, if we want it to increase once again.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
ReBoRn

Activity: 392

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:25:43 PM

As the market going I can say surely bitcoin will be in 450$ to 600$ this all year and move up next year

apsvinet

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:26:38 PM

As the market going I can say surely bitcoin will be in 450$ to 600$ this all year and move up next year
How can you predict the whole year? What are you basing it on?

ReBoRn

Activity: 392

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:29:20 PM

I am checking few exchanges and we have very few buyers most of peoples selling and MTGox have big impact on this also

boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 10:41:09 PM

I am checking few exchanges and we have very few buyers most of peoples selling and MTGox have big impact on this also

Each trade as a seller and a buyer, you give a range from 450$ : stable/bearish to 600$ : bullish so pick a side or say you have no idea

Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:22:44 PM

As I see matters, holders who can be scared into selling have already sold so I don't expect them to drive prices down from here.  Those (like me) who buy as the market moves lower are now mostly fully invested, so we're not putting very much new money into the market now to drive prices higher. 

That leaves as the primary mover of price the interplay between miners and new investors. 

Miners will not make new coins available for less than the price of electricity to mine them plus amortized hardware cost, so I don't see miners selling coins for under $400-$450 anytime soon; under $450 they can't pay for their existing hardware, and under $300 they can't even pay for the electrical power.   Some of them will gamble by pointing mining rigs at the altcoin markets to try to get some leverage on that expense rate, but the underlying equilibrium is driven by Bitcoin.  As measured in Bitcoin, the alts are essentially an artificial options market where every winner has an equal and opposite loser.  So there's not a long-term winning strategy there unless you're just plain better than average at picking the right time to mine the right alt, and because "better than average" implies the existence of equal and opposite "worse than average" the effect of alt gambling on bitcoin prices ought to be neutral.  So, based on the miners' expenses to mine, I'm seeing the current price as a supply side bottom and an excellent buying price.

So, finally, the remaining potential price mover is new investors.  New investors can't drive the price down, but they can drive it up.  How much? How fast?  It depends on what they want to do and how much bitcoin they need. 

I'm particularly interested in new investors who want to use it as a payment medium because that kind of investment gives bitcoin a sustainable value.  But they're a bit hard to predict in terms of effect.  The amount of bitcoin they need is inversely proportional to the speed at which they can move it around their systems, and although the ten-minute blocktime does impose a "soft" limit, they're already quite experienced moving fiat currencies around in conditions that are very similar to bitcoin moving faster than that limit.  The problem with that is, when moving bitcoin around faster than that speed limit, they don't realize any advantage from bitcoin's decentralized security network, so at those speeds it's not any better for them than dealing in fiat.  They want to move the coins around *slower* than the blockchain speed limit if possible, to mitigate risks and minimize expenses allowing them to realize an advantage from bitcoin, and that means they need more coins. 

There are also traditional investors who want to use it as a store of value.  They are drastically more dangerous in terms of making the market unstable.  The amount of coin they need is easier to guess at, but they're sweating bullets about SEC regulations, potential lawsuits, and repercussions.  Bitcoin is a fairly small and very artificial market.  If somebody who has put together a mutual fund including bitcoins moves ten billion dollars into this market this week, of course the bitcoin holdings of the early holders will double, largely at the expense of later investors.  And the following week, they can do the same thing again with more money providing a handsome profit to those who invest this week, and so on... moving the bitcoin price up at a superexponential rate until it collapses horribly and they wind up facing lawsuits about Ponzi scams and SEC fines about market manipulation.   They want in, but they are terribly afraid of the results of the Ponzi-like effect they'll have on the market when they get in.  They need a strategy that gives them some kind of agreed-on rules about how to get into the market without becoming its primary price drivers and therefore inevitably inflating-and-collapsing it.

Anyway, I don't know how they're going to work it out.  If the store-of-value investors adopt a strategy of holding no more than, say, a tenth of what the payment-processing investors hold, then money will enter the market at some reasonably controlled rate and they probably won't become the effectively-a-Ponzi-scam that they justly fear becoming.  But I don't know if they can do that, and whether they can or not I don't know whether they can accurately assess their ability to do that.

Kiki112

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:52:40 PM

As I see matters, holders who can be scared into selling have already sold so I don't expect them to drive prices down from here.  Those (like me) who buy as the market moves lower are now mostly fully invested, so we're not putting very much new money into the market now to drive prices higher. 

That leaves as the primary mover of price the interplay between miners and new investors. 

Miners will not make new coins available for less than the price of electricity to mine them plus amortized hardware cost, so I don't see miners selling coins for under $400-$450 anytime soon; under $450 they can't pay for their existing hardware, and under $300 they can't even pay for the electrical power.   Some of them will gamble by pointing mining rigs at the altcoin markets to try to get some leverage on that expense rate, but the underlying equilibrium is driven by Bitcoin.  As measured in Bitcoin, the alts are essentially an artificial options market where every winner has an equal and opposite loser.  So there's not a long-term winning strategy there unless you're just plain better than average at picking the right time to mine the right alt, and because "better than average" implies the existence of equal and opposite "worse than average" the effect of alt gambling on bitcoin prices ought to be neutral.  So, based on the miners' expenses to mine, I'm seeing the current price as a supply side bottom and an excellent buying price.

So, finally, the remaining potential price mover is new investors.  New investors can't drive the price down, but they can drive it up.  How much? How fast?  It depends on what they want to do and how much bitcoin they need. 

I'm particularly interested in new investors who want to use it as a payment medium because that kind of investment gives bitcoin a sustainable value.  But they're a bit hard to predict in terms of effect.  The amount of bitcoin they need is inversely proportional to the speed at which they can move it around their systems, and although the ten-minute blocktime does impose a "soft" limit, they're already quite experienced moving fiat currencies around in conditions that are very similar to bitcoin moving faster than that limit.  The problem with that is, when moving bitcoin around faster than that speed limit, they don't realize any advantage from bitcoin's decentralized security network, so at those speeds it's not any better for them than dealing in fiat.  They want to move the coins around *slower* than the blockchain speed limit if possible, to mitigate risks and minimize expenses allowing them to realize an advantage from bitcoin, and that means they need more coins. 

There are also traditional investors who want to use it as a store of value.  They are drastically more dangerous in terms of making the market unstable.  The amount of coin they need is easier to guess at, but they're sweating bullets about SEC regulations, potential lawsuits, and repercussions.  Bitcoin is a fairly small and very artificial market.  If somebody who has put together a mutual fund including bitcoins moves ten billion dollars into this market this week, of course the bitcoin holdings of the early holders will double, largely at the expense of later investors.  And the following week, they can do the same thing again with more money providing a handsome profit to those who invest this week, and so on... moving the bitcoin price up at a superexponential rate until it collapses horribly and they wind up facing lawsuits about Ponzi scams and SEC fines about market manipulation.   They want in, but they are terribly afraid of the results of the Ponzi-like effect they'll have on the market when they get in.  They need a strategy that gives them some kind of agreed-on rules about how to get into the market without becoming its primary price drivers and therefore inevitably inflating-and-collapsing it.

Anyway, I don't know how they're going to work it out.  If the store-of-value investors adopt a strategy of holding no more than, say, a tenth of what the payment-processing investors hold, then money will enter the market at some reasonably controlled rate and they probably won't become the effectively-a-Ponzi-scam that they justly fear becoming.  But I don't know if they can do that, and whether they can or not I don't know whether they can accurately assess their ability to do that.

or more simply

yes

apsvinet

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:08:19 AM

That is one wall of text!
Protip for next time, add a tl;dr.
Thankfully Kiki did that for you already! Cheesy
But it was a good read, thank you.

sanjoea

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 08:51:49 AM

if it reaches 1k one day , that time i should be having 5-10k BTC on my hand

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:23:31 AM

It did reach 1k, and IMHO we will be close to that in late-2014.
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 09:32:12 AM

The things is everyone is speculating that we will hit the 1k$ mark by the end of this year but no one has enough substance to back there claims besides just saying so..! as the time passes by we might see few more hurdles lets see if all these speculations turns accurate or not

boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 03:41:23 PM

What do you mean? You will have bought 5-10k??

Lieji

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:46:59 PM

Probably a typo I guess. Maybe he want to say he will have 5-10K USD (he has 5-10 BTC)

apsvinet

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:48:08 PM

Probably a typo I guess. Maybe he want to say he will have 5-10K USD (he has 5-10 BTC)
Eh yeah, quite obvious that he meant that. Cheesy

boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 05:25:52 PM

Right, not a very interesting information then  Grin It is pretty commun to have 5-10BTC!

apsvinet

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:29:29 PM

Right, not a very interesting information then  Grin It is pretty commun to have 5-10BTC!
It's not a bad amount though! Will surely be a small fortune in a few years. Cheesy

verdun2003

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:24:02 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 11:37:53 AM by verdun2003

Now the question, is bitcoin going to hi 10k USD? And if yes, when?

If you look at fundamentals, 500 usd is a bargain - there's never been so many merchants accepting bitcoin (70k++ with coinbase and bitpay) and never been so many wallets downloads (20 million++). And there's no sign of wallet/merchant grow slowing even though the price has been tanking for a couple of months. You also see huge increase of bitcoin ATM's worlwide that increase bitcoin usage as more than a simple asset.

Big merchants such as tigerpay/overstock (4 billion++ sales each per year) that have adopted bitcoin have seen a significant share of their sales in that currency, 5%, and the share is growing week by week.

Now, assume that a few other big merchants join the bitcoin train, it will be a matter of time before you see it accepted in the S&P500 companies. When the switch from commodity to international currency takes place, that's when you'll see 10k per bitcoin. And that could go faster than you think, just imagine a big offline retailer accepting bitcoin such as wallmart or barnes & nobles, that could be the trigger for the next bubble.

Remember:
at $1, bitcoin sounded expensive
at $10, bitcoin sounded expensive
at $100, bitcoin sounded expensive
at $1,000, bitcoin sounded expensive
at $10,000, bitcoin will sound expensive

NVitanovic

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 02:09:44 PM

I think it's value won't go over $1000 for a few years.

Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: