Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:44:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I protect my self from being hack of bitcoin  (Read 4394 times)
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:35:12 AM

Maybe you need to be secure in your wallet key or dont give your private key to others to avoid hacking.
You need also unique password to some wallet to also avoid hacking.
Check all site that you are logging in because there are some fake sites.

This incident happened to me. My wallet was hacked and I lost my coins. I am wondering how did it happened. Then I realized than I opened my wallet through link on slack. We have to be careful. Yes you are right, some are just mimicking the unique site.

that is called phising. phising can be done on fake websites and fake software or applications. thats why it is advisable to always check the correct address or link before entering and putting your important and personal info on that site and also dont download softwares from an untrusted source because that may contain virus and malwares that can potentially steal your precious hard earned coins.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:59:35 AM

Keep your information private and do not share it to anyone because they might become greedy and use those information to steal your money. It is better if you will just keep everything secret and get some offline wallet like paper wallet or hardware wallet so you can have an assurance that you will not get hack and get stolen of your bitcoins.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:34:59 PM

Just yesterday I come across one youtuber where he says
he just wake up and saw his 50 btc was vanish from his exodus wallet  and also before that another 20 btc was vanish
he says he dont even know how this happen.

pls how can I escape this.

someone got his private key, or someone social engineered there way past his password/2fa. if your private key has every been exposed as plaintext that wasnt from a paper wallet generated offline....

you can get around this with a hardware wallet. and try not to spend out of it in a serious way, if its a high traffic wallet, you are more exposed if someone gets curious and walks back up the blockchain to your wallet.

you cant escape this, man. anything can be stolen, even up to life. but you can make it hard as hell to do so. practice superior security.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:46:43 PM

he just wake up and saw his 50 btc was vanish from his exodus wallet  and also before that another 20 btc was vanish

If you have larger number of btc you should keep in hardware wallet. Ledger nano.

If you are daily trader or frequent trader then you must go to safe hot wallets like  coinbase . Coinbase i recommended

I would agree in this too. Bitcoin price is now getting higher so protecting well should be also a big priority. A Hardware wallet or Ledger nano are good recommendations. Try to google more about it on how it works. Better to make sure not share to anyone your bitcoin links as well or any of your identity so anyone cannot hack it. Make sure that you properly keep your password and not share to anyone else.

I agree, to avoid getting hack of course you also have to become more aware to your surrounding, try not to be a naïve one, there is a lot of ways on how could someone hack your precious bitcoin on whatever storage you are using. Try not to click fishy links in your email, because some of them are just phising links, I've already experience that, luckily I quickly made some actions and change my email password that is the linked on my bitcoin wallet address.

I've enable the 2FA and that assures me that I'm safe to that someone who tries to hack my email.
To me i think the best way to hold the bitcoin in the bitcoin wallet with secure private key because now the bitcoin hackers retrying to hack the bitcoin and they will get your profit, holding of the bitcoin is very important because the bitcoin is now increasing and if you will buy the bitcoin at the low rate you will see the bitcoin will increase in the value and then you will sell the bitcoin at the high, I am sure the bitcoin will increase and so the private key is very important for our bitcoin wallet.
cryptojaani

Activity: 252
Merit: 71

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:52:38 PM

Maybe you need to be secure in your wallet key or dont give your private key to others to avoid hacking.

This incident happened to me. My wallet was hacked and I lost my coins. I am wondering how did it happened. Then I realized than I opened my wallet through link on slack. We have to be careful. Yes you are right, some are just mimicking the unique site.

that is called phising. phising can be done on fake websites and fake software or applications. thats why it is advisable to always check the correct address or link before entering and putting your important and personal info on that site and also dont download softwares from an untrusted source because that may contain virus and malwares that can potentially steal your precious hard earned coins.
This may prevent if you can implement your own safety measures for example creating a second account or address then this will become your address for all of your transaction by sending the funds to your second account and transfer it to the receiver of the actual bitcoin. this may take time and extra fees but it is more safer than direct transaction. Second is do not connect to a public network if you are making transaction.
Fleshslasher

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:55:04 PM

Phising sites are nearly clones of the real site. They seem to look very good, but always check the url. When somebody sends you a link i always check them first before opening it.

Because you can never know even your friend can scam you and take your coins.
Amme

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:10:00 PM

you need to 100% secure to your wallet and do not trust other people only trust in yourself because many people do bad thing to have a money and one of that is to be a hacker so be alert and secure your wallet.
Actually it’s a fact that hackers can make a problem for anyone but I think bitcoin know very well about its all fork and hackers and who can hack bitcoin but as we know that bitcoin is a digital currency and its only available on interment and hackers are also can hack you through internet because bitcoin is such a currency who can control every fork and any hacker so I think no need to worry about any hacker because bitcoin is strong and powerful in market.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:12:20 PM

It depends on how you keep your bitcoins, You can keep it online or offline. Choose the best wallet because i think the only way to reveal your credentials is through phishing sites and links that are being sent to you so think before your click.
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:25:44 PM

It's best to put a google authenticator in your accounts so that it becomes secured and hackers can not get it. Also save your private keys and do not miss it. Do not let your private keys disappear or other people know even your friend because they can access your wallet and steal your tokens and your btc. So you always keep in mind and your money will be safe in this crypto

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
mingxiao

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:58:47 PM

Do not put bitcoin in a single wallet. Put Bitcoin in multiple wallets separately. Also protect your private key, do not let anyone have a chance to know. You also have the option of using an offline wallet. Smiley
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:02:01 PM

The best way is to store your Bitcoins in a safe wallets never connected on the Internet. Something like a hardware wallet or maybe Electrum put on a USB stick. Paper wallets could be good options too...
valentine401

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:25:01 PM

The only way for your wallet to be hack is through a phishing site or if someone send to you a links and will lead you to unrecognizable website. Just always try to avoid the unknown users who keep on sending you messages.
irmasany

Activity: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:32:13 PM

we will never know the story is true or not. sometimes you do not have to believe in everything that is not necessarily true. most importantly you always keep your data safely. and do not forget to secure your computer from virus or phishing attacks
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:32:40 PM

It's pretty simple, Always remember trust no one because anyone can be a threat when it comes to "Money Talks". Do not click links that has been shared by anyone specially when the link is suspicious. Do not download suspicious files from the internet, It might steal data's from your computer. And last Don't tell anyone how many Bitcoins you have.  Grin
valentine401

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:36:36 PM

Look for a reliable wallet like i do, I am holding my ethereum coins on myetherwallet and i choose this coiin because most of the professional traders is using on it and they did not get any problems so i think that it will be only depending on the wallet you are using for you to get hacked.
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:45:25 PM

you could try storing your money in a physical wallet or just make a vanity address that only you can store it on a paper wallet then put some bitcoins on it for long term storage. i would highly prefer for you to do that for maximum security. or just put a 2FA on your online wallets. *Tip (Don't trust most of the online wallet that you don't have your own private key.)
Fasdartin

Activity: 618

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:03:02 PM

I doubt that you will convert any amount of your Bitcoin to real money and store it in a bank because maybe you are a long term investor. So the best way is that, you should never trust anyone or anything. Don’t just click links you even don’t know. Always be careful. Be wise enough to prevent those hackers.
To protect your bitcoin from hacking, you need wallet to store your coin and when you choose wallet dont tell to anybody your password or dont give any personal information about you. Also when you choose wallet make some research about it, before store your coin. 
vincentallstar

Activity: 79
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:54:29 AM

This is why it’s important for every bitcoin user to understand how to keep your bitcoin wallet account safe. I know the feeling if your account is being hacked. so we need to remember to be careful of all our possible online transactions, never trust anyone because nothing is impossible to the hacker nowadays.
And beware of fishing sites and think twice all the time. think before you click.

Knowledge is power and if you know how they do it, you have the power to stop them.
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:14:09 AM

Be CAUTIOUS about the environment. This type of industry or market is prone to scam and any other forms of hacks. Before entering into a deal, transactions, browsing the internet or visiting a website, make sure that you won't give your information out. Be aware of your surroundings, do some background check if you are to exchange, trade, buy and/or sell to other since a person has a potential to scam even if it's your closest friend, family or relative. Lastly, Don't trust anyone.
Blackwhite69

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:18:49 AM

It depends on how you keep your bitcoins, You can keep it online or offline. Choose the best wallet because i think the only way to reveal your credentials is through phishing sites and links that are being sent to you so think before your click.

Make more complicated security for your password and examine the incoming links that link to your email Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: