Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:35:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 252 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Just-Dice.com : Invest in 1% House Edge Dice Game  (Read 435301 times)
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 11:41:11 PM

Good point, I admit.

In the long run I don't think a ratio of 60+k invested vs. below-10k gambled is sustainable, but I guess that's a self-correcting problem Tongue

10k / 60k = 0.166% per day expected return on investment, or 61% per year.  55% after commission.

I'm not familiar with other places to invest Bitcoin.  What is the usual rate of return?  At what point would JD's expected rate of return become unacceptable?

I don't know. In the "real world", +55% would be pretty fantastic. I just guess in the world of bitcoin, it's not that much, especially considering the (substantial) risk to the investment on j-d. But I can only speak for myself, others might think 55% is more than enough.

EDIT: Wait. Why 55%? It's compounded interest, so: 1.00166^365 ~= 83% before comission

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:22:45 AM

EDIT: Wait. Why 55%? It's compounded interest, so: 1.00166^365 ~= 83% before comission

It's only compounded if everyone except you withdraws their profits.

If everyone leaves their profits in, then it's effectively simple interest.  Your share of the profits remains constant, and presumably so do the expected profits.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:39:51 AM

Good point, I admit.

In the long run I don't think a ratio of 60+k invested vs. below-10k gambled is sustainable, but I guess that's a self-correcting problem Tongue

10k / 60k = 0.166% per day expected return on investment, or 61% per year.  55% after commission.

I'm not familiar with other places to invest Bitcoin.  What is the usual rate of return?  At what point would JD's expected rate of return become unacceptable?

Well I think its early days before we start talking about acceptable and unacceptable rates of return, the site should be 40,000 bitcoin up but its not. If Nakowa comes back to gamble it will be negative again.

Dooglus, what is the rate of return for that investor that invested since the beginning? Probably works out to 3% a year.
Leehoya

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:47:32 AM

For some reason, having more luck at just-dice than other dice sites, havent burst yet.

dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:51:26 AM

I just found the following in the 'Spam' folder of the account that support emails go to.  I wonder why gmail thought it was spam!

Don Juan <donhuanita12@mail.com>
Oct 14 (1 day ago)

to me

Why is this message in Spam? It's similar to messages that were detected by our spam filters.  Learn more
Hello Sir,

First of all , I wanted to congratulate you on making this website , for the nice ideas and for taking advantage of stupid people.
However I have seen a lot of the so called whales , that keep coming from time to time on this website and bet 300-500 BTC without being afraid. After the website and your investors take a big hit and lose 2000 -3000 BTC , out of a sudden there come other people and invest just like that. One time you even admitted you invested 2000 BTC on the website right after the whale left.

It is quite obvious for me and for other people at that time on the website , that you were betting against your own house. It is logical that you do that , otherwise you would not be allowed to take money from the bankroll without divesting ( investors lose money and that makes them sad  ). There were also a bunch of people who said the same thing at that time.

The funny thing is you were never there several times the whales came , and out of a sudden you were there right after they left . Coincidence , right? Neah , I do not think so . One whale ( you ) chatted with me when you were at +800 BTC and then I opened my mouth and people started to understand as well. Then you did not go the matringle all the way , because the wife would not go anal with you and just lost money. To prove people I was wrong. Then you went betting matringle again.

It is simple. You are smart and have made a lot of money from this website. And when the whales hit you make even more. People do not understand that you lose very less if you really lose and win a lot more if you win .

Getting to the point of the message :  I will ask for 1000 BTC to keep this thing for myself. I have collected +100 printscreens of the chat and bets and all this nice activity . Know some people who lost good money from investing just like me.  You can send me a bullshit spam message with : We do not respond to threats. I will take a break from work and put together a large thread on bitcointalk and others as well , spam the chat and soon. I will deface the website and I think you will lose 10 times more the thing I ask. You can try me dog .

Please do think twice before sending that reply or the bitcoin.
Do so and we shall never talk again.
Bitcoin address : 1D6zK1WaZZAMrfB2ecFBq3bvBikwoPFYtT

Wish you good luck with business and congrats on taking advantage of stupid and even smart people.

It boggles the mind that these extortionists all think they're the first one to dream up this little scam.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:56:50 AM

I'm not familiar with other places to invest Bitcoin.  What is the usual rate of return?  At what point would JD's expected rate of return become unacceptable?

Well I think its early days before we start talking about acceptable and unacceptable rates of return, the site should be 40,000 bitcoin up but its not. If Nakowa comes back to gamble it will be negative again.

Dooglus, what is the rate of return for that investor that invested since the beginning? Probably works out to 3% a year.

He turned 0.0107 into 0.0111 in about 3 months.  I figure that's around 15% per year:

>>> (0.0111 - 0.0107) / 0.0107 * 100 * 4

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 04:04:13 AM

It boggles the mind that these extortionists all think they're the first one to dream up this little scam.

Damn you still get those emails? Don't people ever give up?
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 04:13:44 AM

I replied to his support ticket with the following, so maybe he'll come here with his "printscreens":

Hi there.

Sorry it took a while to get back to you. Your email ended up in the 'Spam' folder for some reason.

All your allegations are wrong, but none of them are original. People have said all that kind of stuff before. Except the anal sex bit. That was new.

I hope you don't mind, but I posted a copy of your email in the bitcointalk forums, here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=242962.msg3346614#msg3346614

Perhaps we could discuss your concerns there? I'm sure people would be happy to see any proof you have that I'm cheating them.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 04:23:17 AM

I just found the following in the 'Spam' folder of the account that support emails go to.  I wonder why gmail thought it was spam!

Oct 14 (1 day ago)

to me

Why is this message in Spam? It's similar to messages that were detected by our spam filters.  Learn more
Hello Sir,

First of all , I wanted to congratulate you on making this website , for the nice ideas and for taking advantage of stupid people.
However I have seen a lot of the so called whales , that keep coming from time to time on this website and bet 300-500 BTC without being afraid. After the website and your investors take a big hit and lose 2000 -3000 BTC , out of a sudden there come other people and invest just like that. One time you even admitted you invested 2000 BTC on the website right after the whale left.

It is quite obvious for me and for other people at that time on the website , that you were betting against your own house. It is logical that you do that , otherwise you would not be allowed to take money from the bankroll without divesting ( investors lose money and that makes them sad  ). There were also a bunch of people who said the same thing at that time.

The funny thing is you were never there several times the whales came , and out of a sudden you were there right after they left . Coincidence , right? Neah , I do not think so . One whale ( you ) chatted with me when you were at +800 BTC and then I opened my mouth and people started to understand as well. Then you did not go the matringle all the way , because the wife would not go anal with you and just lost money. To prove people I was wrong. Then you went betting matringle again.

It is simple. You are smart and have made a lot of money from this website. And when the whales hit you make even more. People do not understand that you lose very less if you really lose and win a lot more if you win .

Getting to the point of the message :  I will ask for 1000 BTC to keep this thing for myself. I have collected +100 printscreens of the chat and bets and all this nice activity . Know some people who lost good money from investing just like me.  You can send me a bullshit spam message with : We do not respond to threats. I will take a break from work and put together a large thread on bitcointalk and others as well , spam the chat and soon. I will deface the website and I think you will lose 10 times more the thing I ask. You can try me dog .

Wish you good luck with business and congrats on taking advantage of stupid and even smart people.

Someone started to pay the ransom: https://blockchain.info/address/1D6zK1WaZZAMrfB2ecFBq3bvBikwoPFYtT
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 04:33:01 AM

I just found the following in the 'Spam' folder of the account that support emails go to.  I wonder why gmail thought it was spam!

Oct 14 (1 day ago)

to me

Why is this message in Spam? It's similar to messages that were detected by our spam filters.  Learn more
Hello Sir,

It is quite obvious for me and for other people at that time on the website , that you were betting against your own house. It is logical that you do that , otherwise you would not be allowed to take money from the bankroll without divesting ( investors lose money and that makes them sad  ). There were also a bunch of people who said the same thing at that time.

Getting to the point of the message :  I will ask for 1000 BTC to keep this thing for myself. I have collected +100 printscreens of the chat and bets and all this nice activity . Know some people who lost good money from investing just like me.  You can send me a bullshit spam message with : We do not respond to threats. I will take a break from work and put together a large thread on bitcointalk and others as well , spam the chat and soon. I will deface the website and I think you will lose 10 times more the thing I ask. You can try me dog .

Ah Doog your wife doesn't do anal? Wink

Defend yourself against that allegation! Tongue
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 04:39:45 AM

Maybe that's the scammer registering the address on the blockchain so nobody else gets it...  Wink

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 04:45:33 AM

Maybe that's the scammer registering the address on the blockchain so nobody else gets it...  Wink

Yes, the firstbits are so incredibly desirable.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 05:48:03 AM

He turned 0.0107 into 0.0111 in about 3 months.  I figure that's around 15% per year:

Actually 15% a year is still impressive.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:02:03 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2013, 05:16:39 PM by Otoh

He turned 0.0107 into 0.0111 in about 3 months.  I figure that's around 15% per year:

Not to mention the appreciation of holding investments denominated in Bitcoins, up from $136 to $163 on Gox this last week, about +20% with that alone.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 12:33:46 PM

It's only compounded if everyone except you withdraws their profits.

If everyone leaves their profits in, then it's effectively simple interest.  Your share of the profits remains constant, and presumably so do the expected profits.

True. Forgot about the other investors.

Anyway, looks like most investors that post here are more or less happy with the expected returns, so I rest my case.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 11:10:32 PM

Ah Doog your wife doesn't do anal? Wink

Defend yourself against that allegation! Tongue

First I need to defend myself against the allegation that I'm married.  I've always told Deb that I'm single.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why we separated...  http://rydwi.blogspot.ca/2003/12/first-day-of-break.html

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:46:09 AM

out of curiosity, do you guys generally feel good or bad when a whale starts playing?
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:30:58 AM

I'm ok with narwhal, but if I see blue whale pounding 300 a bet, I won't be hesitate to divest.
ASICSRUS

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Expert Computer Geek

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:52:31 AM

doogster~ we need to talk buddie!  Smiley

✰ If You Risk Nothing, You Risk Everything | PrimeDice.com | The New Way To Roll | *Thread*

<3<3:::LOVE^YOUR^NEIGHBOR!!!:::|+i|_33+(((PLEASE)))====>Donate if you like me!~> 157YEcD4WQ9UbhZ7NSC2FpuaYfxHe3JgF2
ASICSRUS

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Expert Computer Geek

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:55:57 AM

He turned 0.0107 into 0.0111 in about 3 months.  I figure that's around 15% per year:

Not to mention the appreciation of holding investments denominated in Bitcoins, up from $136 to $163 on Gox this last week, about +20% with that alone.

wh0 told you!  Wink break 200 and we could see 1000 sooner than later imo

✰ If You Risk Nothing, You Risk Everything | PrimeDice.com | The New Way To Roll | *Thread*

<3<3:::LOVE^YOUR^NEIGHBOR!!!:::|+i|_33+(((PLEASE)))====>Donate if you like me!~> 157YEcD4WQ9UbhZ7NSC2FpuaYfxHe3JgF2
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 252 »
  Print  

Jump to: