Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:12:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people says gold is better?  (Read 11642 times)
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:30:43 AM

Because gold have been around for a long long time and common people always go for the familiarity. The regular currency is supposed to be backed by gold but that is no longer the case like Robert Kiyozaki says in one of his books.

Another reason i because gold prize is not so volatile since it's a settled up market with a lot of years existing while Bitcoin is in diapers in comparision.

I wouldn't say it's better. I would say a lot of people considers it safer.
kurdapyo

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 04:45:29 AM

gold is better because gold will always have its value while in bitcoin we never now or there is no stable value. For other reason i think why Bitcoin is better than gold is because it is much easier to have, earn and it can be mined in the easiest way
Commitments

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:55:12 AM

I don’t know when the people said gold is better than the other, what the reason why the gold is better than the other, because there are have any other optional for investment than the gold.like we can invest our money in bitcoin and invest money in bitcoin will be good than buy gold, the bitcoin price always have the moving value than the gold. Maybe they wanna get the money fast thank bitcoin and they want it faster.
Donceng

Activity: 251

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:00:46 AM

Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?
because they were primitive people who lived in antiquity, and did not know the world of modern technology, so they say that gold is the best. but in fact today many gold investors are turning to bitcoin because they already know that investing in bitcoin is very profitable.
kmrunner

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:05:35 AM

Because Gold is a time tested asset, it has a long term store of wealth and there is always a ready market for it.
jamelyn

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:12:05 AM

before the bitcoin i think gold is better than bitcoin gold is just like investment if you can buy gold then keep it in a year gold is have a big value like bitcoin.but for me bitcoin is better than gold for now.
Harvey1960

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:16:16 AM

Gold has always been there since the beginning. It is the measure of your wealth back in the days. There were some people who will do anything just to get gold.Whereas Bitcoin is volatile, and yet to have an exact value as most of it’s value is being tied to investors and speculators that believe in it’s future development.
Luca.Luca

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:17:22 AM

Gold is an asset that is very stable. As an asset does not represent currency, no one will use gold as payment. You can only use it to trade/liquidate into cash. Low risk, blockchain and security is very important. Gold is indeed valuable, but it would mainly be for investment purposes not as a form of payment.
Jaxon1234

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:18:46 AM

gold cannot possibly be better. Can you carry gold about asking people to exchange it for goods or services.You know what must better some stores will be accepting also bitcoin. I hope also on my country they accepting bitcoin for as payment.
Matthew1968

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:20:19 AM

Gold trading is totally controlled by the policy of government of every country and it is less volatile for the investor. But bitcoin have a no controll of anybody or any country.gold prices are also much more stable than bitcoin in the trading market, but there is a higher chance to make a huge amount of profits from trading bitcoin than gold because of the huge volatility in bitcoin.
Jian_Liux

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:21:15 AM

Gold is a precious metal known from its indestructible nature, has a real physical appearance, and its selling value is stable. I think that's the reason why many people say gold is better than bitcoin. Another thing is gold is the only currency recognized by the whole world when their local money becomes obsolete in the market.
Lamborgini

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 05:22:11 AM

Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in the USA, it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket, restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?
Because gold can only be used as an investment asset, not for payment in supermarkets, restaurants or whatever it is. Differences with Bitcoin. Bitcoin despite its investment assets but Bitcoin can still be used as a transaction tool.
Aliya Taj

Activity: 226

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:27:07 AM

With Gold you run no risk of uncertainties, like sudden price falls and loss of value, i also think the fact that Gold is tangible makes it even more attractive, but on the other hand, using Gold is very unsafe as you cannot just carry it around. plus its very indivisible too and cannot be split into smaller portions to make smaller payments like BTC can.
upisdown

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:27:49 AM

Bitcoin has become very popular lately, but most people do not know about Bitcoin.
Not knowing it eventually became an excuse not to trust Bitcoin.
People think gold is safe because it has a stable price (although it fluctuates a bit).

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 05:28:13 AM

they say that because the introduction of digital currencies is not so well digested, and usually people like them can only or believe in investing in gold, which they consider to be profitable in every year, whereas if they invest in bitcoins other than the ease of transacting bitcoin can provide an advantage at all times,,but they do not know that

Bitcoin and gold both are not comparable both are different in it category itself. Gold is precious metal and ornament Bitcoin is cryptocurrency so don't confuse yourself. Bitcoin can be used as investment giving good multifold returns where you hold your investment in gold it wont appreciate like bitcoin returns.
they are juxtaposing bitcoin and gold as a place to invest .. not as an asset ,, both can say where investing .. but only differ in profit, bitcoin is more flexible while gold is more stable

gold or metal based money has an advantage that it is a material that can be melted and used for other purposes, while digital currencies are just information, they are only successfully useable by pure capitalists, actually,

of course there is additionally a bias of the gold industry lobby, but an urban world will need cryptographic currencies, its logical there is no other way or we are getting a orwellian communist nightmare,

i am completely confident about that, but not about bitcoin, because urban people will consider carefully the nature of cryptocurrencies, and bitcoin besides beeing decentral is actually not in the interest of the people there. that depent on ressource input.

Pinoyfan

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:35:28 AM

Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?
We all know that gold is sometines stable but in crypto or bitocoin so much risk . But tisk willgive  a lot of money to you than buying gold and selling itvolatility guves to people to get a lot of money or income to pay their debts.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 05:36:41 AM

I think both are amazing if have both. But for me Bitcoin can surpass the gold because of its other capabilities than the gold doesn't have. Like using for payment, bills or trading virtually and other stuff. it is also a traditional investment is less volatile and still bring in profits for investors, moreover it also used as jewelry. In my opinion, I think gold and Bitcoin are good, both have their own values

bitcoin cant be used for payment, its to expensive regarding its tx costs and tx speed is by far to slow

kalph22

Activity: 121
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:42:15 AM

While both require expertise for correct long-term storage, gold wins because cryptocurrencies are vulnerable to hacking through online wallets or the user’s computer or smartphone, are subject to regulatory risk, and network and infrastructure risk during a crisis. And if we're talking about value, There’s a limited supply of gold and other precious metals in the Earth’s crust, whereas in the case of cryptocurrencies, it’s easy to create alternatives, meaning there’s effectively no control over supply at a macroeconomic level and no intrinsic value due to rarity.
karloscimot

Activity: 518
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:22:58 AM
Merited by nellakarisma (1)

I also still do not understand why they can say gold betbecause many people already assess the advantages of cryptocurrency, referring
because many people already assess the advantages of cryptocurrency, referring to BitCoin as digital gold. Indeed, Bitcoin and gold have many similarities:
+ (Scarcity).
 It is necessary to make some effort to get gold or bitcoin. so gold is mined in mining, and Bitcoin - with the help of complex computer calculations.
+ (Universality).
 Both valuable assets have value, which is common in all countries. there is no need to convert Bitcoin into local currency in each country as well as gold, which has a notable value.
+ (Increase in value in times of crisis and inflation)
During a critical situation in the economy, when there is a big risk of losing your savings money, people massively buy gold and Bitcoin, and this reflects in the price. An example of this situation is events in Greece and Cyprus .
+ (Operation outside the banking system)
 The government has no direct influence on Bitcoin, ie it can not "print" Bitcoin more in case of deficiency or withdraw it from people's accounts. The same goes for gold.

however Bitcoin is an advanced form of gold, as evidenced by a number of advantages:
+ (Excluding the possibility of forgery)
 Gold can still be faked somehow. Or the quantity can be reduced in the finished product, which greatly reduces the final cost. periodically there is news about the fake ingot Bank. Bitcoins can not get involved in anything like this.
+ (No need to bring it)
 When you move to another country you do not have to think about how to carry Bitcoin safely. this is enough to transfer them to your BTC online wallet to have access to anywhere. At the same time bringing gold is a real problem especially if you have a lot. You will face restrictions on the amount of gold permitted to carry. in addition, there is a high risk of theft. Or you can make insurance for gold, which requires additional cost.
+ (Used as a means of payment)
 While there are currently not many services that can be paid with Bitcoin, every year that number is increasing. but it's unlikely you can pay for items with gold somewhere.
+ (No risk of foreclosure) It will be seen that it is impossible to confiscate the personal gold of the entire population of that country. However, in 1933 the US government forced its citizens to hand over the gold stored in their homes. in case of embezzlement have to pay a fine or they will be imprisoned. Certainly, people receive replacements in the amount of gold they submit. But soon after that the devaluation of the US dollar followed, which was hardly a coincidence, and the entire population of the United States suffered losses. but this scenario is not possible with Bitcoin.
+ (Convenience and security) Wherever you are, you always have access to your savings over the Internet or mobile. Unfortunately not like gold. In any emergency case this advantage is particularly noticeable.

thus, we can say with certainty that Bitcoin is a sophisticated functional form of gold. Investing in Bitcoin You have a guarantee that your savings will not be lost due to devaluation, you can be sure that the government can not gain access to your personal account

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
kristin0515

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:51:01 AM

Because Gold has established a credible and visible platform, so people usually love to take it.
on the other hand, Bitcoin is not a visible currency so that people don't have any faith on this platform those have no idea about the virtual world.
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 »
  Print  

Jump to: