Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:21:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🚀 VANYWHERE – World’s #1 Skill-sharing Platform on the Blockchain 🚀  (Read 8931 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Diego_Armando (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:28:54 PM

How will the rate vs fiat be determined for the tokens?
Every few days (and depend on market changes) we will set the prices according rate changes. The Skillers sets their price in USD and we sets it in VANY.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:30:13 PM

In Vanywhere, each Skiller or user will have only one account. And never will be able to pay for review.

How will this be enforced?

Strict KYC, incentive community for reviewing applications.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:31:34 PM

How much data bandwidth does the app use when doing a video call?

I am not the tech guy, but we have servers, and enough power to handle many calls all together.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:32:55 PM

In Vanywhere, each Skiller or user will have only one account. And never will be able to pay for review.

I will bump this question as I too would like to know if this could work. I don't have enough technical knowledge to know how to go about this. You can request an e-mail confirmation but people can make as much e-mail addresses as they want. You can't request a real name because you can have people that have the same names and I don't think they will as for an ID and keep a record of that.

We do a KYC, like many other ICOs and exchanges, to make sure this kind of things won't happen.
its very common, and in our project its a must.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:34:34 PM

Are those who pay skillers for services gonna also get some review,or grade?

Like buyer/seller rating on ebay?

I think it would be useful, but then again, if it's automatic charging, then buyer is always paying and can't "unpay"

How would this unpay part work - you would have to wait for some time to get your money back.
And I'm wondering if the prices will be affordable for users who don't have such a high living standard like US residents - people from poorer countries.

1st - The tokens for the service are sent to a smart contract for 48 hours for a cooling period, and not to the Skiller, only after the cooling period.
So you don't pay at all until you approve the quality of the service. If you open a dispute we have this 48 hours to decide. if you give 5 start for the service than the money sent immediately.

2nd - the Skiller sets his price per minute, and the market force of demand and supply will set it. Also there are Skillers and users from all around the world so the price range will be wide.

Will users who constantly open disputes and give low rating gooing to be removed too?

I hope there will be some way to protect Skillers from users too,who will want to get cheaper price,or even blackmail Skillers.

They can just choose not to sell their skills to that person. Like on Airbnb, you can't negotiate a set price once the price is in the system.

So buyers will also have some rating,or atleast place where Skillers will be able to leave feedback?

No. only in case of a dispute.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:39:40 PM

I think it would be useful, but then again, if it's automatic charging, then buyer is always paying and can't "unpay"

How would this unpay part work - you would have to wait for some time to get your money back.
And I'm wondering if the prices will be affordable for users who don't have such a high living standard like US residents - people from poorer countries.

1st - The tokens for the service are sent to a smart contract for 48 hours for a cooling period, and not to the Skiller, only after the cooling period.
So you don't pay at all until you approve the quality of the service. If you open a dispute we have this 48 hours to decide. if you give 5 start for the service than the money sent immediately.

2nd - the Skiller sets his price per minute, and the market force of demand and supply will set it. Also there are Skillers and users from all around the world so the price range will be wide.

Won't this make it unfair?
I mean, in some countries where standard is low, some skillers will charge $3 for the same job a US citizen would ask $30

Its the globalisation. Your phone, shoes, clothes, car, pc, everything, is made in China / India and not in the US.

Also, like in many other things, you will be able to choose for yourself, and to make your decision based on few factors. You can buy a 3$ T-shirt, and you can buy a 3000$. Depend on what you want and need.

We are sure that the market force of demand and supply will create the fairness of the platform. And we are also sure that a good Skiller will always get calls from users.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:40:15 PM

I mean, in some countries where standard is low, some skillers will charge $3 for the same job a US citizen would ask $30

Well, that-s capitalism for you Smiley But in a lot of those cases, there could be language barriers and specific region based needs/requirements that can't just be met by somebody out of that specific region.

Right!
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:42:15 PM

Also, have you considered putting auctions, so if there's an congestion of a certain skiller, people can opt to pay more

No, we don't want to put the Skiller time out to auction. He sets his own price and receive calls whenever he wants. If the demand is huge he can consider work more and / or change his price but its only up to him.

This is actually the best approach as it lets the Skiller earn money more on his terms than the app behaving as his boss Cheesy

Yes, this should be as flowy as it can. How do the calls work? Do you have to set a time in advance so that the skiller knows when to be available or will you be able to approach only the ones that are active (online) at the moment?

You can call only the active ones. You can message the others. We saw in the case study that most users first messaged the Skiller to set a time and then they made the call. Both options are open.
Oleana

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:36:49 AM

Will users who constantly open disputes and give low rating gooing to be removed too?

I hope there will be some way to protect Skillers from users too,who will want to get cheaper price,or even blackmail Skillers.

Sure this is why check both sides. We do manually check of credibly.

You will check credibility of the buyer only if there is some dispute?
chungaLunga

Activity: 148

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:05:24 AM

Its the globalisation. Your phone, shoes, clothes, car, pc, everything, is made in China / India and not in the US.

Also, like in many other things, you will be able to choose for yourself, and to make your decision based on few factors. You can buy a 3$ T-shirt, and you can buy a 3000$. Depend on what you want and need.

We are sure that the market force of demand and supply will create the fairness of the platform. And we are also sure that a good Skiller will always get calls from users.

Sure I mean it will all come to who has a better rating at the end. Those skillers who have higher rating will be able to reach higher prices.
babyBaba

Activity: 144

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:07:12 AM

I am not the tech guy, but we have servers, and enough power to handle many calls all together.

I guess the server power can be scalable as the network grows.
djimiHendrix

Activity: 137

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:09:11 AM

Also, have you considered putting auctions, so if there's an congestion of a certain skiller, people can opt to pay more

No, we don't want to put the Skiller time out to auction. He sets his own price and receive calls whenever he wants. If the demand is huge he can consider work more and / or change his price but its only up to him.

This is actually the best approach as it lets the Skiller earn money more on his terms than the app behaving as his boss Cheesy

Yes, this should be as flowy as it can. How do the calls work? Do you have to set a time in advance so that the skiller knows when to be available or will you be able to approach only the ones that are active (online) at the moment?

You can call only the active ones. You can message the others. We saw in the case study that most users first messaged the Skiller to set a time and then they made the call. Both options are open.

Yes I suppose that most people will text first to arrange a video session, because most skillers will probably be busy with other stuff also.
masterCookie

Activity: 131

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:10:19 AM

Strict KYC, incentive community for reviewing applications.

Sounds like a good way to go.
unchained5498

Activity: 105

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:12:24 AM

Yes everyone has a possibility to build their own reputation and regulate their price.
#CapsLOck

Activity: 205

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:30:13 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 10:20:47 PM by #CapsLOck

How will the rate vs fiat be determined for the tokens?
Every few days (and depend on market changes) we will set the prices according rate changes. The Skillers sets their price in USD and we sets it in VANY.

Now I understand, it actually depend on the market changes. This information are so useful to everyone. And how will we know the moment the price changes? Are you honna uodate us about it?
constructive_criticism

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:20:13 AM

Yes I suppose that most people will text first to arrange a video session, because most skillers will probably be busy with other stuff also.

What if it's urgent? Will there be on the fly price changes for urgent calls? I can imagine there could be some situations where you don't want to wait some time to get things done.
Calvireish

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:20:58 AM

I guess the server power can be scalable as the network grows.

Yeah,i think would be least of an issue if they have to expand,that means Vanywhere is growing!
moirahpascual11

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:25:07 AM

interesting and promising concept. I will keep watch and think I want join VANYWHERE!  Wink
Oleana

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:31:15 AM

What if it's urgent? Will there be on the fly price changes for urgent calls? I can imagine there could be some situations where you don't want to wait some time to get things done.

Maybe there could be some VIP membership for users,where you have priority,and some other benefits?
constructive_criticism

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:28:31 AM

That's not a bad idea. But that again puts some pressure on Skillers to be available for VIP members, so it causes the same problem as an auction does.

Maybe there could be some VIP membership for users,where you have priority,and some other benefits?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: