Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:54:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ► ❎ ► LEALANA PHYSICAL LITECOINS FOR SALE - RESUMING SALES!!!  (Read 133693 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Lab_Rat

Activity: 599
Merit: 502

Token/ICO management

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 06:48:07 PM

Picked up a set of Litecoins, a set of Bitcoins, and some single Litecoins, all are high quality.

Considering the fact that I ordered around the holidays and my coins still arrived on time and were funded quickly, I'm quite impressed.

Thanks smoothie for the quality product and great communication throughout.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rgenito

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 12:36:16 AM

i also ordered around the holidays. got mine in about 3 weeks... great quality. good job Smoothie!

https://geni.app - Genius – The Crypto Solution to Retirement
No_2

Activity: 901
Merit: 1031

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:02:30 AM

What are the inserts with the private keys on your physical LTC and BTC made from?

I know Casascius's are made from a tough material and he's tested them to make sure the printed numbers don't come off easily.

Do yours follow a similar design?
worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:13:54 AM

I had some of mine graded.  It looks like the quality is best on the 5 LTC 1/4 oz silver coins, both of them came in at MS 67!!!  My pair of 10 LTC coins is the first issue with the error on the back, and I brought in documentation describing the error, but they wouldn't recognize it as a mint error and thus did not note the error on the slab.  Bummer!!

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:07:37 AM

What are the inserts with the private keys on your physical LTC and BTC made from?

I know Casascius's are made from a tough material and he's tested them to make sure the printed numbers don't come off easily.

Do yours follow a similar design?

They inserts use a higher than normal weighted paper. All printing on the inserts (front and back) are laser printed.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:10:39 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2014, 07:35:07 AM by smoothie

Someone notified me of this the other week and I guess I overlooked the details of the listing.

It appears that LEALANA coins are being counterfeited on a less than serious level. They do not use the holograms on the reverse with a private key embedded but they do copy the front of the coin and claim on their listing that it is part of a "special" batch of coins that are silver plated using the name LEALANA as the source.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEALANA-Physical-25-Litecoin-PROMO-Coin-LTC-not-BTC-CASASCIUS-NOT-LOADED-/321300179069?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item4acefba87d

For your LITECOIN pleasure, here is an extremely rare find!
1x 25 Lealana Physical Litecoin  - NOT LOADED (No Litecoin/LTC value), this is a PROMO Coin that never was loaded, from a special line of novelty coins made by Lealana, in a very small batch. Unlike the standard 25 LTC Lealana coins, this design does not have a hologram on the back (see pics) and is silver-plated, not solid silver.
Measurements: 1 3/4" diameter, about 1/5" thick, and weighs a little over an ounce.
This coin is in 11/10 mint condition and has never been taken out of its bag nor hard plastic case.  Again, this coin is NOT FUNDED.
FREE SHIPPING in the US! Shipped safe and secure via USPS with tracking and full insurance.  International/custom shipping arrangements can be made upon request. Offering a $10 Air Mail shipping option to Canada. Paypal payment required within 12-48 hours.
Please take a look at my other BITCOIN & LITECOIN listings & thanks for your interest and business :-)

I never up until this point have sold any coins that do not get funded. Meaning I do not sell blanks (yet). If you come across unloaded coins claimed to never have been loaded they are counterfeits.

I actually have no problem with people using the design of the coin on the front as it isn't completely original and my work. But using LEALANA as a way to sell your product is not cool with me.

I do have a problem with the coin saying "1 TROY OUNCE 999 FINE SILVER" when it is in fact silver plated. Misleading others to buy something they think is one thing and in fact is another.

Not exactly sure why it says "25 Litecoins" when it isn't loaded nor created to be loaded.

Please be mindful about this.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

No_2

Activity: 901
Merit: 1031

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:09:55 PM

And copy casascius coins too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Golden-Physical-Bitcoin-BTC-Casascius-coin-for-Hobby-Collection-with-hard-No7CRU-/231133470251?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1120

Although these are not claiming to be made of precious metal they do state "1 Bitcoin".
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:33:18 PM

Prices on OP are updated?
bitguy101

Activity: 294

Top rated eBay seller. cflow01/thecryptostore2013

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:01:50 PM

Was happy to notify you of this listing. Obviously someone just used one of your original 25 ltc coins and made a mold off it in china. Cheap silver plated crap!
I did PM this guy a couple times and advised him item fake and should remove listing. This guy even was using some of my actual pics from my listings he had "snagged". He simply replied and stated he will get with his supplier. Appears there are more popping up on eBay, here is link to other I found. This from Hong Kong and they sell by the lot of 10, and prob where the first guy got the coins.
I will let you know if I see any others pop up.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-Physical-Litecoin-LOT-Crypto-currency-Coins-Silver-plated-gift-like-Bitcoin-/181292874706?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item2a35e5bbd2

Someone notified me of this the other week and I guess I overlooked the details of the listing.

It appears that LEALANA coins are being counterfeited on a less than serious level. They do not use the holograms on the reverse with a private key embedded but they do copy the front of the coin and claim on their listing that it is part of a "special" batch of coins that are silver plated using the name LEALANA as the source.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEALANA-Physical-25-Litecoin-PROMO-Coin-LTC-not-BTC-CASASCIUS-NOT-LOADED-/321300179069?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item4acefba87d

1x 25 Lealana Physical Litecoin  - NOT LOADED (No Litecoin/LTC value), this is a PROMO Coin that never was loaded, from a special line of novelty coins made by Lealana, in a very small batch. Unlike the standard 25 LTC Lealana coins, this design does not have a hologram on the back (see pics) and is silver-plated, not solid silver.
Measurements: 1 3/4" diameter, about 1/5" thick, and weighs a little over an ounce.
This coin is in 11/10 mint condition and has never been taken out of its bag nor hard plastic case.  Again, this coin is NOT FUNDED.
FREE SHIPPING in the US! Shipped safe and secure via USPS with tracking and full insurance.  International/custom shipping arrangements can be made upon request. Offering a $10 Air Mail shipping option to Canada. Paypal payment required within 12-48 hours.
Please take a look at my other BITCOIN & LITECOIN listings & thanks for your interest and business :-)

I never up until this point have sold any coins that do not get funded. Meaning I do not sell blanks (yet). If you come across unloaded coins claimed to never have been loaded they are counterfeits.

I actually have no problem with people using the design of the coin on the front as it isn't completely original and my work. But using LEALANA as a way to sell your product is not cool with me.

I do have a problem with the coin saying "1 TROY OUNCE 999 FINE SILVER" when it is in fact silver plated. Misleading others to buy something they think is one thing and in fact is another.

Not exactly sure why it says "25 Litecoins" when it isn't loaded nor created to be loaded.

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:11:36 PM

Notice how this post doesn't use LEALANA in it and the other did?

Perhaps this seller told his buyer he got the coins from me. Lazy people = scammers.

Oh well please be advised of these coins out there anyone looking to buy off of a 3rd party.

Was happy to notify you of this listing. Obviously someone just used one of your original 25 ltc coins and made a mold off it in china. Cheap silver plated crap!
I did PM this guy a couple times and advised him item fake and should remove listing. This guy even was using some of my actual pics from my listings he had "snagged". He simply replied and stated he will get with his supplier. Appears there are more popping up on eBay, here is link to other I found. This from Hong Kong and they sell by the lot of 10, and prob where the first guy got the coins.
I will let you know if I see any others pop up.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-Physical-Litecoin-LOT-Crypto-currency-Coins-Silver-plated-gift-like-Bitcoin-/181292874706?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item2a35e5bbd2

1x 25 Lealana Physical Litecoin  - NOT LOADED (No Litecoin/LTC value), this is a PROMO Coin that never was loaded, from a special line of novelty coins made by Lealana, in a very small batch. Unlike the standard 25 LTC Lealana coins, this design does not have a hologram on the back (see pics) and is silver-plated, not solid silver.
This coin is in 11/10 mint condition and has never been taken out of its bag nor hard plastic case.  Again, this coin is NOT FUNDED.
FREE SHIPPING in the US! Shipped safe and secure via USPS with tracking and full insurance.  International/custom shipping arrangements can be made upon request. Offering a $10 Air Mail shipping option to Canada. Paypal payment required within 12-48 hours.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 01:31:08 PM

Looks like the fakes are sourced here:
http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-silver-plated-bitcoin.html

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 06:03:14 PM

I once wondered what caused so much dust on the inside of my silver coins I was shipping in air-tites since I knew there wasn't dust when the package was prepared, and then I eventually figured it out when I had someone send back their coin.  The dust was always white.  The inside of the airtite exhibited scratches that were circular in shape.

I concluded this happens when the packaging is subjected to sudden rotational forces.  All it takes for the package to experience sudden rotation is for it to be dropped and for it to land on a corner - this causes the package to temporarily take on a sudden but brief violent spin, followed by a sudden rotational stop.  This happens no matter how well it's packaged.  Because the surface area of the coin actually touching the airtite is small relative to the total surface area of coin, sudden rotational forces don't transfer well from an airtite to a coin - all the force must be transferred by that minimal contact area - and it causes the coin to turn inside the airtite and scratch it.  The "dust" is the shavings from the scratch.

One thing that reduced it a lot was when I started packaging a piece of paper inside the airtite, just regular copy paper that I had laser cut to the exact diameter of the coin.  Never heard about airtite dust again after I started doing that.  It served a double (at least perceived) benefit: made it harder for someone to snoop in the package and see bitcoin and .999 fine silver, perhaps making it less likely to be swiped.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:55:02 PM

Just out of curiosity, why have sales been suspended?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:53:13 AM

Going through the process of registering with FinCEN and determining if it is feasible for me to continue making loaded coins from a risk/regulatory stand-point.

I'll update with more information when I have it.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 03:07:53 AM

Going through the process of registering with FinCEN and determining if it is feasible for me to continue making loaded coins from a risk/regulatory stand-point.

to da moon! LOL
nicolasgramlich

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:35:19 AM

Kind of makes the already sold coins more valuable :-)

worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:08:24 PM

Out of curiosity, (1) since you deal only in LTC and BTC, (2) there are no US Dollars used to facilitate your trades, and (3) the government does not currently recognize cryptos as "money", why exactly do you have to register as a money transmitter?  I imagine the answer is something like this, "because we're the government, we say so, and if you don't we have all the guns and can put you in a cage."

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:21:09 PM

Out of curiosity, (1) since you deal only in LTC and BTC, (2) there are no US Dollars used to facilitate your trades, and (3) the government does not currently recognize cryptos as "money", why exactly do you have to register as a money transmitter?  I imagine the answer is something like this, "because we're the government, we say so, and if you don't we have all the guns and can put you in a cage."

Pretty much what you quoted (lol). I'm just being cautious and making sure I know how to proceed than assuming.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:55:13 PM

Did you get a nastygram from Fincen like Casascius or was this purely cautionary?

I kind of figured it was only a matter of time before they started to come after others like they did Mike. Angry

Fincen is so ass-backwards on their policy for physical cryptos. Someone somewhere at Fincen headquarters needs a crash course on how this stuff works. Smiley
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:39:29 PM

Did you get a nastygram from Fincen like Casascius or was this purely cautionary?

I kind of figured it was only a matter of time before they started to come after others like they did Mike. Angry

Fincen is so ass-backwards on their policy for physical cryptos. Someone somewhere at Fincen headquarters needs a crash course on how this stuff works. Smiley

Just cautious.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: