Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:40:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ► ❎ ► LEALANA PHYSICAL LITECOINS FOR SALE - RESUMING SALES!!!  (Read 133693 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 08:43:05 AM

Smart move, selling these right before LTC hits MtGox Wink

It is truly a coincidence. Honest. I started design/production about 2 months ago. So it was merely just perfect timing, inadvertently.

Smiley

This is a big reason why I have decided to wait these out. I feel that LTC has scope to rise by a good margin, so im going to keep my LTCs unspent.

I respect that. Thank you for your honesty without the trolling/immaturity.  Smiley

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitpar

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 08:44:18 AM

I think Id rather have the coin funded when I make a purchase, rather than wait and hope again it gets funded, after waiting eagerly to see if I get the coins in the first place.

If the coin is pre-funded and somehow gets lost in the mail, there is a risk that someone else now has access to the private key. A replacement would require shipping a new coin and funding an additional wallet address.

I believe Casascius shipped coins unfunded but would fund them regardless of if they were lost so you could trust that every unopened coin held its declared BTC value.
Liquid

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 09:02:12 AM

I never ignored you smoothie and im glad i dident Cheesy

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:08:36 AM

Thanks for the information Smoothie.

You didn't answer my question about shipping though.
I just checked on the USPS website and it confirms the shipping rate of silver coins on Ebay.com to Germany.

When this thread started on June 26th BTC was just over $100. That would mean a shipping price of (.62X$103) = $67. USPS's top shipping charge that I saw was around $50.
The current price of BTC is not around $70, which would put the shipping rate at (.62X$70) = $43

All I'm saying is why not charge what the shipping actually is or just charge more for the coin?

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:11:59 AM

BTC and LTC price changes drastically, hence the change in price.

I have denominated the shipping in terms of BTC and LTC. I do not see a problem with that.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:27:24 AM

I have denominated the shipping in terms of BTC and LTC. I do not see a problem with that.

I've asked the same question twice and you have avoided it twice. I didn't ask about the shipping cost's denomination. I posted the shipping cost from USPS.

Why are you charging 4X the shipping cost (now), and originally 6X? It doesn't cost anywhere near what you are charging. I'm just asking for some honesty here as a customer.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just charge what it is? That protects BOTH the buyer and seller.

To quote myself:

When this thread started on June 26th BTC was just over $100. That would mean a shipping price of (.62X$103) = $67. USPS's top shipping charge that I saw was around $50.
The current price of BTC is not around $70, which would put the shipping rate at (.62X$70) = $43

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:32:36 AM

I've asked the same question twice and you have avoided it twice. I didn't ask about the shipping cost's denomination. I posted the shipping cost from USPS.

Why are you charging 4X the shipping cost (now), and originally 6X? It doesn't cost anywhere near what you are charging. I'm just asking for some honesty here as a customer.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just charge what it is? That protects BOTH the buyer and seller.

To quote myself:

I calculated out that the cost roughly to ship the two coins and the case within the U.S. would be $25 with registered mail. So I put a buffer on that based on the BTC/LTC fiat price.

Do the same with international shipping via priority mail and registered mail and you get a price closer to $40 if not more. Also put a buffer there.

Does this answer your question?

Aside from that there really isnt anything left to explain on the shipping costs other than, it is the price I am charging. You don't have to buy my coins as I've stated many time previous to this.

This is the free-market. If people decide I am charging too much I will get the message and may make changes. Technically I don't have to sell these coins if I dont want to. I choose to because the point of the coins is to get people who dont understand cryptocurrency in the virtual form to understand it in a physical form.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:51:54 AM

To quote myself:

I calculated out that the cost roughly to ship the two coins and the case within the U.S. would be $25 with registered mail. So I put a buffer on that based on the BTC/LTC fiat price.

Do the same with international shipping via priority mail and registered mail and you get a price closer to $40 if not more. Also put a buffer there.

Aside from that there really isnt anything left to explain on the shipping costs other than, it is the price I am charging. You don't have to buy my coins as I've stated many time previous to this.

This is the free-market. If people decide I am charging too much I will get the message and may make changes. Technically I don't have to sell these coins if I dont want to. I choose to because the point of the coins is to get people who dont understand cryptocurrency in the virtual form to understand it in a physical form.

So, after 3 times asking the same question, fist time getting completely ignored & 2nd time getting an evasive answer, and I now get 3 - "You don't have to buy my coins as I've stated many time previous to this.", "This is the free-market.", etc.
What? This is how you talk to customers? I've dealt with many sellers before and they are 100% cooperative with shipping pricing. I've never experienced this before. I'm a bit confused actually. Do you realize that by being nicer to the customer you will get more customers? Maybe you will make your money anyway, but wouldn't it be better to get more of these out there?

I didn't say you were charging too much for the coins, it is the shipping. Don't try to confuse the question. I am being explicitly clear. Charge more for the coins if you want and make the shipping price what it is.

I was just asking a question that would benefit everyone. Better and lower rates for you and us. Charging so much for shipping (if we are only buying 2 - the limit I thought?) makes it a huge % of the coin cost.
Oh, and you'll lower the rate if sales aren't so great??? Why not just find a shipping charge that is reasonable. I posted the image and I know it is true because it is all over Ebay. Insured to $400. Mine arrived in one week from the States to Germany.

Further you don't have to tell my why you are doing this. I truly appreciate you making these coins, honestly. It is a GREAT service to us. But you don't have to justify your shipping costs with justification for making the coins.

Thanks for your time regardless and good luck to you. I do hope to purchase your coins anyway but I'll just hope for a more reasonable shipping rate. (Perhaps once the price of BTC comes down a bit more.)
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:01:13 AM

To quote myself:

So, after 3 times asking the same question, fist time getting completely ignored & 2nd time getting an evasive answer, and I now get 3 - "You don't have to buy my coins as I've stated many time previous to this.", "This is the free-market.", etc.
What? This is how you talk to customers? I've dealt with many sellers before and they are 100% cooperative with shipping pricing. I've never experienced this before. I'm a bit confused actually. Do you realize that by being nicer to the customer you will get more customers? Maybe you will make your money anyway, but wouldn't it be better to get more of these out there?

I didn't say you were charging too much for the coins, it is the shipping. Don't try to confuse the question. I am being explicitly clear. Charge more for the coins if you want and make the shipping price what it is.

I was just asking a question that would benefit everyone. Better and lower rates for you and us. Charging so much for shipping (if we are only buying 2 - the limit I thought?) makes it a huge % of the coin cost.
Oh, and you'll lower the rate if sales aren't so great??? Why not just find a shipping charge that is reasonable. I posted the image and I know it is true because it is all over Ebay. Insured to $400. Mine arrived in one week from the States to Germany.

Further you don't have to tell my why you are doing this. I truly appreciate you making these coins, honestly. It is a GREAT service to us. But you don't have to justify your shipping costs with justification for making the coins.

Thanks for your time regardless and good luck to you. I do hope to purchase your coins anyway but I'll just hope for a more reasonable shipping rate. (Perhaps once the price of BTC comes down a bit more.)
IAS

I apologize if you feel I ignored your post or did not answer your question.

The past few days, including today, have been very busy for me. Keeping up with this thread and the other thread on the other forum plus the PMs isnt a time-free set of tasks.

Let me ask you a question: Have you seen the price of Casascius' coin shipping? He charges much more than I do per coin even when ordering a dozen. I'm only charging what I feel the market will pay. Hence my comment about it being the free market.

You asked me "why not just sell the shipping at the cost". Well that is a bit difficult to always do given the fluctuation in BTC and LTC. So I set a price, that is the price. I'll make adjustments as time goes on.

Which then brings me to my statement I think is a fair one: Please don't buy my coins if you feel my prices are too high. It is a simple concept.

Thank you for the interest, even if I may not have answered your question the way you wanted me to the first 1, 2, 3 times.  Smiley

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:45:47 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2013, 11:58:29 AM by Its About Sharing

I apologize if you feel I ignored your post or did not answer your question.

The past few days, including today, have been very busy for me. Keeping up with this thread and the other thread on the other forum plus the PMs isnt a time-free set of tasks.

Let me ask you a question: Have you seen the price of Casascius' coin shipping? He charges much more than I do per coin even when ordering a dozen. I'm only charging what I feel the market will pay. Hence my comment about it being the free market.

You asked me "why not just sell the shipping at the cost". Well that is a bit difficult to always do given the fluctuation in BTC and LTC. So I set a price, that is the price. I'll make adjustments as time goes on.

Which then brings me to my statement I think is a fair one: Please don't buy my coins if you feel my prices are too high. It is a simple concept.

Thank you for the interest, even if I may not have answered your question the way you wanted me to the first 1, 2, 3 times.  Smiley

Thanks for the replies Smoothie.

I am aware are Casascius' shipping charge. A couple of points, most of us buy them on Ebay and we never have to deal with these shipping charges (if we do we buy in bulk and become a reseller on Ebay - I think).
2nd, are you aware of logical fallacies? By bringing up another seller you got into that area. Two that I can think of "Appealing to the poplular" as well as "Appealing to tradition". The point isn't what others do, the
point is what is the right and nice thing to do. It is normal on this planet to have war, but that is a bad argument to have war. "But John has a Nintendo, so why can't I have one?", and on and on...

Lastly, I guess I'm in a false dilemma (""Giving two choices when in actuality there could be more choices possible."
There are only 2 choices - Either buy my coins or don't...

Just be fair smoothie. If you can ship a coin for $11 don't charge 4 times the price or 6 or whatever.

It is sort of ironic, these coins represent freedom from repressive systems... or so I thought....

BTC = Black Swan.
bitpar

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 12:38:46 PM

Just be fair smoothie. If you can ship a coin for $11 don't charge 4 times the price or 6 or whatever.

It is sort of ironic, these coins represent freedom from repressive systems... or so I thought....

He only wants to ship registered mail so people can't complain they never got it, even if they did. That costs more than $11.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 12:59:49 PM

He only wants to ship registered mail so people can't complain they never got it, even if they did. That costs more than $11.

This is used all the time to ship silver coins. It is insured to $400. If it is insured, isn't it essentially the same thing? If it wasn't wouldn't people just say I never got it and collect $$$?

BTC = Black Swan.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 01:42:56 PM

Just don't buy them and move along.  Who cares the cost compared to fiat... He is charging LTC and BTC not fiat.
bitpar

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:45:35 PM

Registered mail adds an additional $12.95 to the postage price. It will also cost more if he adds a return receipt or sends it as Priority Mail instead of First-Class.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 01:51:29 PM

I agree they are slightly expensive if you didn't start mining a while back, but a lot of us did.  I used to make over 66 LTC a day to me this is a good deal.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:51:06 PM

Thanks for the replies, even the smart ass one. And, obviously I and others care since it's been brought up. Some sellers listen and respond to buyers needs. Helps out everyone.

All I'm saying is why not give a choice? It would be nice to say, hey, can I have it shipped for 12 bucks insured to $400? That sounds fair. And if you want to pay registered for 60, then choose so.

What is going to happen if the price of BTC goes to $30? Is he still going to charge .6 for shipping? I doubt it, so it's best to have the shipping charge fixed.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
Online24o0n

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

"Ignorance never settles a question."

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:59:04 PM

Youll only get compensated for the coins weight in silver though $10, thats it, which is less than the shipping cost, the postal service will never recognize the value of the LTC, and the high premium hes charging on top of that. Hell, the LTC is not even in the coin until you tell him you got it.

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present"
- Marcus Aurelius
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:06:06 PM

Youll only get compensated for the coins weight in silver though $10, thats it, which is less than the shipping cost, the postal service will never recognize the value of the LTC, and the high premium hes charging on top of that. Hell, the LTC is not even in the coin until you tell him you got it.

You will get compensated for whatever the invoice / customs form says. You are not compensated for things that are made of silver for their melt value, you are compensated for what you paid. The LTC's are not shipped loaded on the coin. That happens after you receive them.

Didn't mean to create a problem here. Was really just looking to get an option on the shipping charges that didn't increase risk.

BTC = Black Swan.
Online24o0n

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:08:47 PM

You will get compensated for whatever the invoice / customs form says. You are not compensated for things that are made of silver for their melt value, you are compensated for what you paid. The LTC's are not shipped loaded on the coin. That happens after you receive them.

Didn't mean to create a problem here. Was really just looking to get an option on the shipping charges that didn't increase risk.
Hmmm, I dont know....
 I guess we'll see, if people actually receive their coins, they should post pictures of them.

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present"
- Marcus Aurelius
Online24o0n

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:09:49 PM

Smoothie   How many coins are left?     This is something you should update the public on, and hopefully you should know this?

- Marcus Aurelius
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: