Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:32:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ► ❎ ► LEALANA PHYSICAL LITECOINS FOR SALE - RESUMING SALES!!!  (Read 133693 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tlr

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 04:05:58 PM

I'm gearing up to ship out a second set of orders on Monday (HST) and throughout the rest of this week. You will receive your tracking number once I ship your order out.

Any orders that were made after July 12th may not ship until the week of the 22nd. It could ship before then, but no promises as I try to get through all of the current orders this week. Please keep that in mind when ordering.

There is one thing I would like to make clear on the funding of coin purchases.

ALL coins that are purchased from me will be funded AFTER I have verified with USPS that your package has been received by the addressed party in the shipping information you provided to me. Meaning they have signed for it.

This ensures that in the unlikely case your package goes missing or is stolen that the thief will not have access to the LTC that is to be stored in the coins. Also it ensures that the the person who it is addressed to actually gets the coins and cannot claim they never received them.

The problem with this is it could result in worthless coins "in the wild", breaking the assumption that "un-tampered hologram = legitimate coin". I assume you only do this if the shipping company assures you the package was lost, not in the case of buyer disputes? Also will you at least publish a list of valueless coins?
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 04:08:57 PM

I'm gearing up to ship out a second set of orders on Monday (HST) and throughout the rest of this week. You will receive your tracking number once I ship your order out.

Any orders that were made after July 12th may not ship until the week of the 22nd. It could ship before then, but no promises as I try to get through all of the current orders this week. Please keep that in mind when ordering.

ALL coins that are purchased from me will be funded AFTER I have verified with USPS that your package has been received by the addressed party in the shipping information you provided to me. Meaning they have signed for it.

This ensures that in the unlikely case your package goes missing or is stolen that the thief will not have access to the LTC that is to be stored in the coins. Also it ensures that the the person who it is addressed to actually gets the coins and cannot claim they never received them.

The problem with this is it could result in worthless coins "in the wild", breaking the assumption that "un-tampered hologram = legitimate coin". I assume you only do this if the shipping company assures you the package was lost, not in the case of buyer disputes? Also will you at least publish a list of valueless coins?
This is a very good point.
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 04:14:01 PM

hmm, yeah, how would people know if theres coins on there?
batcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

In Gord We Trust

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 06:08:17 PM

Couldn't you check the loading address provided with your coins on the Litecoin block chain? Double check the address with smoothie's list to make sure it's a coin that he produced.

If you have more than 0.01BTC and complain about early adopters, please consider donating to this address: 1P11Dz4mhDcJvetHqEJu35KNEVqSRmqo3b
General Tips: 1P4YfrYwQKKtfwszzb2aHgLVLiWQCrJfwi
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 12:01:39 AM

Thumbs up from Casascius

"You may have heard that Noah Luis aka Smoothie on the Bitcointalk forums has released “Lealana Litecoins”, essentially a physical Litecoin similar to my offering. His current product is a half-ounce silver round loaded with 10 Litecoins, and is available for sale for both BTC and LTC directly from him. I support his efforts and am pleased to see what he has produced."

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 12:49:53 AM

The first bits address you will be able to look up on the litecoin block chain. This has always been an option to verify funds.

I will release a public list of funded addresses in the near future. This way you can cross check to see if the coin being resold (assuming you are buying from someone else besides me) does in fact have coins at the specified address.

Each coin comes with a certificate with the FULL ADDRESS of the coin too.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 12:52:42 AM

Should be an opt out option for people who want it. It is 20 LTC.... We should be able to take the risk if we want to...   :/

Currently this already exists. The opt out option is to not purchase coins from me and to READ THE OP of the thread in its entirety before purchasing.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 12:57:16 AM

USPS requires me to box each package with tamper-evident paper tape on all openings on each package. The contents are valid as I packaged them unless USPS does notify me that a package was lost or not delivered. This is the most secure way for me to send the coins through mail aside from doing in-person transactions.

The public list of funded addresses to be released will eliminate any worthless coins "in the wild" scenario of being an issue.

Simply put: before you purchase coins from anyone else that are created by me, verify the address on the coins with the public list (to be released).

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 12:57:39 AM

The first bits address you will be able to look up on the litecoin block chain. This has always been an option to verify funds.

I will release a public list of funded addresses in the near future. This way you can cross check to see if the coin being resold (assuming you are buying from someone else besides me) does in fact have coins at the specified address.

actually, the opposite list would probably be better.

one that lists the coins you did NOT fund due to loss or theft.  should be much, much shorter.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 12:59:08 AM

Couldn't you check the loading address provided with your coins on the Litecoin block chain? Double check the address with smoothie's list to make sure it's a coin that he produced.

Given I will only have a few of these that have the "bulge" on the back with the hologram there will be a really short list. And as cypher just indicated in the above post, posting the unfunded addresses may be a shorter list. Then again currently the list is longer than the funded addresses. This will change in time as these coins get delivered to the buyers.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:00:25 AM

one that lists the coins you did NOT fund due to loss or theft.  should be much, much shorter.

Currently it is longer but I see your point. Thanks for the suggestion.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:02:28 AM

Thumbs up from Casascius

"You may have heard that Noah Luis aka Smoothie on the Bitcointalk forums has released “Lealana Litecoins”, essentially a physical Litecoin similar to my offering. His current product is a half-ounce silver round loaded with 10 Litecoins, and is available for sale for both BTC and LTC directly from him. I support his efforts and am pleased to see what he has produced."

Most of the practices of assembling, shipping, and funding these coins I am mirroring from Casascius' own methodoligies and public info surrounding his coins. Although they may be a bit different in a few areas, they follow the same basic principles.

Smiley Thanks Mike.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:27:38 AM

I know smoothie is no Mike, but all of mikes coins get funded once they get to the wild even if lost/stolen.

The point of this for Mike was to be a physical BTC coin that could be trusted in trade when internet was not around. You can't get a "real fake".

I understand smoothie might be doing something different and expects people to only use this as a collectable and never resell them.

Anyway, it is nice that he was very clear on his policy so we know what we are getting.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:29:11 AM

I know smoothie is no Mike, but all of mikes coins get funded once they get to the wild even if lost/stolen.

The point of this for Mike was to be a physical BTC coin that could be trusted in trade when internet was not around. You can't get a "real fake".

I understand smoothie might be doing something different and expects people to only use this as a collectable and never resell them.

Anyway, it is nice that he was very clear on his policy so we know what we are getting.

Please provide a link to prove your bolded claim above. Thanks.

(This is assuming the coins get stolen/lost before they reach the original buyer.)

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:37:37 AM

(This is assuming the coins get stolen/lost before they reach the original buyer.)

I don't have time to do a google search for you but all coins get funded. (Exception might be the 2fa coins). There are none in the wild that have not been funded.

If so it would be nice to "steal" ones own package so you truly had something rare.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:47:23 AM

I don't have time to do a google search for you but all coins get funded. (Exception might be the 2fa coins). There are none in the wild that have not been funded.

If so it would be nice to "steal" ones own package so you truly had something rare.

Hence registered mail pretty much ensures it gets to the original buyer. So far a stolen registered mail package of my coins has not manifested itself nor from what Mike has claimed has any package been stolen. One was misdirected and resent back to his mailing address. So to date I know of ZERO coins of his that were stolen during shipment.

This scenario we are talking about has not happened yet as far as I am aware.. From what I gather Mike just announced that he will be funding his recent batch of shipments (that have or are going out soon) once they are confirmed to have been received by the original buyers.

I see no difference in how I am handling this, other than I may be using more than 1 transaction to fund the purchased coins initially.

Casascius has been sending unfunded coins for a long time now, for the simple reason that there is a risk of theft in mail - a risk much higher than Casascius being randomly killed.

no, the reason is import tax and customs fees and stuff. He will fund the coins even if they get stolen.

If USPS or FedEx certifies they actually lost a shipment in transit that I sent (a privilege I reserve exclusively for things I personally ship) then I will not make the buyer eat it. With the premium shipping options I offer, this is sometimes/usually possible. With Registered Mail in the US it is practically guaranteed. Note that it only applies when they actually know they lost it and certify it in writing as part of their claims process, and not just when the tracking fails to say delivered.

I have only had this happen once before - USPS certified a shipment was lost - and then 3 months later it actually came back to me as "unclaimed". But I replaced that order.

I think what I am going to do is, when I get all these initial orders shipped, I may wait to fund them so that the FIRST funding transaction funds as many as possible, to give them "first batch" distinction. That might mean that those who get them the quickest might have to wait 7-10 days for me to fund them to let others catch up.  I'm curious on others' opinions.  If I don't do this, then only US buyers would have a chance to get "first batch" coins because theirs will arrive the fastest.

If I do this, I will at least publish where the funds are, so everyone can see they're just sitting there and not accruing "interest" in a ponzi scheme.

(These won't have incrementing addresses like my newest brass coins do... I will just be using the 1Ag* addresses I already generated long ago, in truly random order, since I have so many of them that aren't used)

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:50:04 AM

A delay in funding is not, "forever unfunded".

Even if he dies he said it could get funded.

Trolling
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:51:16 AM

Could != Would/Will

As I already asked for a link you have not provided. I just sent Mike a message to verify this claim as I am curious how he does handle a situation where a known package sent to the original buyer was stolen or lost.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:52:24 AM

One thing to note is I never got the fact of the mentioned lost package he had if it was ever funded prior to him receiving it back at his address. This I am interested in knowing how he handled.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:55:33 AM

Could != Would/Will

Keep in mind he would be dead. This would sort of limit his actions and he would thus have to rely on others.

Trolling
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: