Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:12:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ► ❎ ► LEALANA PHYSICAL LITECOINS FOR SALE - RESUMING SALES!!!  (Read 133693 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:44:35 AM

ok i have a question smoothie, why did you copy 'vires in numeris' from casascius, doing that isn't very creative, infact is almost copying

and why are you charging like 75 dollars for half ounce troy silver, those margins are ridiculous........ even casascius was cheaper when his came out

1. Writing a general saying in latin is not copying. If I used "Casascius" on my coins then that would be copying. All crypto comes from the same trust in math/numbers. Hence why I used it.

Honestly is using the numer "10" also copying because Casascius first silver coins used the number "10"?

2. I'm not charging any more than what Casascius charged with his 1 oz silver coins. At the time of his release they were approximately $65 for the silver coin + 10 BTC + shipping. So actually your claim is false from my recollection on price.

Basically this is a free market, if people choose to buy my coins, then great. If they don't I won't complain. You have that right to not purchase them.  

Smiley

Smoothie, we both know copying the word ten isn't like copying 'viris in numeris', imagine if adidas copied nike's 'just do it 'slogan and gave your excuse, ROFL, that latin quote wasn't used to be associated to the coins by satoshi nakomoto or a famous cryptographer, it was conjured and coined by casascius, and you've ripped it off him, you could have chose something else and been more original is all i'm saying
and also smoothie casascius charged that for 1 troy oz not half troy oz your profit margins are ridiculous

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:03:30 AM

ok i have a question smoothie, why did you copy 'vires in numeris' from casascius, doing that isn't very creative, infact is almost copying

and why are you charging like 75 dollars for half ounce troy silver, those margins are ridiculous........ even casascius was cheaper when his came out

1. Writing a general saying in latin is not copying. If I used "Casascius" on my coins then that would be copying. All crypto comes from the same trust in math/numbers. Hence why I used it.

Honestly is using the numer "10" also copying because Casascius first silver coins used the number "10"?

2. I'm not charging any more than what Casascius charged with his 1 oz silver coins. At the time of his release they were approximately $65 for the silver coin + 10 BTC + shipping. So actually your claim is false from my recollection on price.

Basically this is a free market, if people choose to buy my coins, then great. If they don't I won't complain. You have that right to not purchase them.  

Smiley

Smoothie, we both know copying the word ten isn't like copying 'viris in numeris', imagine if adidas copied nike's 'just do it 'slogan and gave your excuse, ROFL, that latin quote wasn't used to be associated to the coins by satoshi nakomoto or a famous cryptographer, it was conjured and coined by casascius, and you've ripped it off him, you could have chose something else and been more original is all i'm saying
and also smoothie casascius charged that for 1 troy oz not half troy oz your profit margins are ridiculous

1. There is not TM on "vires in numeris" as you are attempting to use an analogy with "just do it" as Nike likely has a trademark on. Point there is moot in terms of copying because no one has the TM on the latin language as a whole. Neither does anyone have one on "vires in numeris".  Cheesy

2. If you do the math I am charging roughly $32-$35 for a half troy ounce coin. Double that and you get about the same price as Casascius charged. Not to mention 1 LTC donation for each coin sold goes to Litecoin development, the leatherette case, the capsules.

As I said before, if no one buys from me (and you don't have to  Smiley) that is okay with me. I'll just have a bunch of physical silver litecoins to myself. The batch before you was merely a community gauge. If it failed and no one bought them, no problem.

Given this is the free-market and I can choose to charge what I wish, that is what I do.

Let's revisit this and see how well the investors who chose to buy my first batch of coins make out when they try to resell/auction their coin purchase (if they ever sell) to another buyer.

I suspect you will see the same premium get built up like the Casascius verison #1 coins. As I said earlier in this thread, I hope people put some thought into their purchase before they buy. I would rather someone not buy than buy then change their mind given there are no refunds on purchases once I accept payment for coin orders.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bitwhizz
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:16:26 AM

Smiley

1. There is not TM on "vires in numeris" as you are attempting to use an analogy with "just do it" as Nike likely has a trademark on. Point there is moot in terms of copying because no one has the TM on the latin language as a whole. Neither does anyone have one on "vires in numeris".  Cheesy

2. If you do the math I am charging roughly $32-$35 for a half troy ounce coin. Double that and you get about the same price as Casascius charged. Not to mention 1 LTC donation for each coin sold goes to Litecoin development, the leatherette case, the capsules.

As I said before, if no one buys from me (and you don't have to  Smiley) that is okay with me. I'll just have a bunch of physical silver litecoins to myself. The batch before you was merely a community gauge. If it failed and no one bought them, no problem.

Given this is the free-market and I can choose to charge what I wish, that is what I do.

Let's revisit this and see how well the investors who chose to buy my first batch of coins make out when they try to resell/auction their coin purchase (if they ever sell) to another buyer.

I suspect you will see the same premium get built up like the Casascius verison #1 coins. As I said earlier in this thread, I hope people put some thought into their purchase before they buy. I would rather someone not buy than buy then change their mind given there are no refunds on purchases once I accept payment for coin orders.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Are you trying to say that its original as it still hasn't been trademarked, lol smoothie you are a riot

d2.cc

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 09:19:06 AM

Good luck with your sales (even though I'm certain you won't need luck)!

To everyone complaining about this or that, why not just have your own coins minted? Then you can sell them with zero markup! Of course, you will also be putting your own time into it for no compensation, oh and there's minimum orders + most places charge a pretty penny for die casting. But hey, who cares about any of that!

Once upon a time
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:20:25 AM

Smiley

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Are you trying to say that its original as it still hasn't been trademarked, lol smoothie you are a riot

Nope. The point is your definition of "copying" and my definition obviously differ.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:21:20 AM

Good luck with your sales (even though I'm certain you won't need luck)!

To everyone complaining about this or that, why not just have your own coins minted? Then you can sell them with zero markup! Of course, you will also be putting your own time into it for no compensation, oh and there's minimum orders + most places charge a pretty penny for die casting. But hey, who cares about any of that!

+1 there was a lot of time and effort put into this batch. Most of which no one will really know.

That is fine.  Smiley

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

bitwhizz
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:27:22 AM

fair enough smoothie, they do look good, i'm sure they did take time, i just value orginality,  i will probably be ordering one
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:29:33 AM

fair enough smoothie, they do look good, i'm sure they did take time, i just value orginality,  i will probably be ordering one

Thanks for the compliment. Keep a look out for the launch announcement.  Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

batcoin

Activity: 238

In Gord We Trust

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:47:23 AM

Smoothie, I know you don't want to do the pre-order thing, but what about setting up a non-binding sign up sheet or something to give those interested a chance at letting you know how many they'd want to order while also holding their place in the queue for, say, the first 36 hours of launch? That way you can get a clearer picture of interest as well as not forcing people to hawk the forums looking for your next announcement and perhaps missing out on ordering from the first batch. I would love to order some coins from you, but I just don't have the time to hang out and keep clicking the refresh button here.

That being said: put me down for a tentative 4 coins!

Also, goddamn you are quick. And what a smooth, classy looking project! I have also been working on a similar project to this with PM coins tied with BTC and/or LTC. Having the extra time to get it done has been problematic with my day job, however. I hope to get an [ANN] out soon this summer. Maybe I can interest you a couple of my coins when the time comes. Wink

If you have more than 0.01BTC and complain about early adopters, please consider donating to this address: 1P11Dz4mhDcJvetHqEJu35KNEVqSRmqo3b
General Tips: 1P4YfrYwQKKtfwszzb2aHgLVLiWQCrJfwi
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:55:22 AM

Smoothie, I know you don't want to do the pre-order thing, but what about setting up a non-binding sign up sheet or something to give those interested a chance at letting you know how many they'd want to order while also holding their place in the queue for, say, the first 36 hours of launch? That way you can get a clearer picture of interest as well as not forcing people to hawk the forums looking for your next announcement and perhaps missing out on ordering from the first batch. I would love to order some coins from you, but I just don't have the time to hang out and keep clicking the refresh button here.

That being said: put me down for a tentative 4 coins!

Also, goddamn you are quick. And what a smooth, classy looking project! I have also been working on a similar project to this with PM coins tied with BTC and/or LTC. Having the extra time to get it done has been problematic with my day job, however. I hope to get an [ANN] out soon this summer. Maybe I can interest you a couple of my coins when the time comes. Wink

Hey Batcoin,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately the list idea suffers the same fate as the way I am going to announce.

People might miss the sign up sheet and if they don't get in on the list early enough they miss the entire batch of coins. Plus I would rather have REAL demand with orders when they send me payment for their coin orders as opposed to a list that can't necessarily be trusted and could be spammed.

Currently I am mentally been keeping count of the general amount of coins each person has wanted since this thread was started and honestly I will have to have a cap on the coin amount per user. Likely 6, 8, or 10 coins will be the max. It appears I will sell out very fast.

PM me about your coins.

Thanks

Smoothie

P.S. The announcement will be via updating this thread. So they can just watch this thread for the announcement.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 10:05:37 AM

Currently I am mentally been keeping count of the general amount of coins each person has wanted since this thread was started and honestly I will have to have a cap on the coin amount per user. Likely 6, 8, or 10 coins will be the max. It appears I will sell out very fast.

That's great news.  Personally I'll probably want to buy 4 coins, and I also don't have time to watch the forum every hour (particularly at weekends).  Thus it would be great if at least initially the number of coins per person could be limited so that everyone gets a chance to get at least 2 if ordering within the first some days.  Or maybe allow everyone to "order" as many as they want (in a binding way), but allow yourself to fill this order with a smaller number if too much demand is there.  That way, you would be sure that the person in question is really willing to buy that many coins if there are enough (and can sort out what you distribute to whom for yourself after you have the orders), but you could also ensure wide distribution among different people if there are too many orders so that anyone gets at least 2 coins.

(For a rough estimate, I have in the back of my mind you talked about 1,000 coins (order of magnitude) available in the first batch?  Then we have 8 pages of each 20 posts here, so it should be plenty enough to give each interested person at least 2 or 4 coins or so.  And everything that is beyond that amount you could divide between "higher orders" in the style described above.)

Just a thought though, in any case I hope to get at least some. Smiley

PS: Payment is available in BTC and LTC.  Will you post the final price in both currencies with your announcement, or will the official one be in just LTC and the BTC payment be done according to LTC/BTC at the time of ordering?

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:06:24 AM

in this case you can also expect me buying some coins smoothie Wink

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:10:53 AM

That's great news.  Personally I'll probably want to buy 4 coins, and I also don't have time to watch the forum every hour (particularly at weekends).  Thus it would be great if at least initially the number of coins per person could be limited so that everyone gets a chance to get at least 2 if ordering within the first some days.  Or maybe allow everyone to "order" as many as they want (in a binding way), but allow yourself to fill this order with a smaller number if too much demand is there.  That way, you would be sure that the person in question is really willing to buy that many coins if there are enough (and can sort out what you distribute to whom for yourself after you have the orders), but you could also ensure wide distribution among different people if there are too many orders so that anyone gets at least 2 coins.

(For a rough estimate, I have in the back of my mind you talked about 1,000 coins (order of magnitude) available in the first batch?  Then we have 8 pages of each 20 posts here, so it should be plenty enough to give each interested person at least 2 or 4 coins or so.  And everything that is beyond that amount you could divide between "higher orders" in the style described above.)

Just a thought though, in any case I hope to get at least some. Smiley

PS: Payment is available in BTC and LTC.  Will you post the final price in both currencies with your announcement, or will the official one be in just LTC and the BTC payment be done according to LTC/BTC at the time of ordering?

I will post a new price if the prices of LTC/BTC change too much in either direction up and down. Likely I will revise the price when the market moves significantly. So my price is based on today's LTC/USD price. I did not post a BTC price but I plan to do so with the official announcement. Dollar for dollar will be the same for both LTC and BTC prices.

The other thing to remember is that I posted this on the Litecoin forums too. There was much less discussion there but it does count as "demand".

The thread has only been out for 24 hours so it's hardly time to make guesses on total interest on my coin project.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:11:22 AM

in this case you can also expect me buying some coins smoothie Wink

Awesome. Thanks for the interest!  Smiley

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

HowGudAmI

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:42:03 AM

I think I will be making an order for two of these delivered to the UK, do you have an estimate of shipping cost at all?

Smiley
zokos

Activity: 136

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 12:02:42 PM

Do you ship to europe???
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868

ADT developer

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:03:33 PM

I believe there will be world wide shipping

dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:18:39 PM

Do you ship to europe???

maybe consider selling 100 coins at once to a European reseller (molecular f.e.)
The customs, VaT and shipping will otherwise be very high for induvidual orders...
HowGudAmI

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:19:29 PM

Do you ship to europe???

maybe consider selling 100 coins at once to a European reseller (molecular f.e.)
The customs, VaT and shipping will otherwise be very high for induvidual orders...

I would be keen on this, would probably help everybody

Smiley
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:26:38 PM

Do you ship to europe???

I would be keen on this, would probably help everybody

Just a guess:

25 LTC
30 EUR customs handling fee by importer
customs tax (dpending on declared value): 10 EUR (guessed based on other US purchases I already did in the past)
21% VAT (depending on declared value): 10 EUR
shipping: 15 EUR?

=> at least 55 LTC total!

If molecular sells these, it's probably between 35 and 40 LTC
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: