Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:57:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLC] Globalcoin | 4 Year Anniversary 1.5.4! | NO IPO, NO PREMINE | [SCRYPT]  (Read 225831 times)
LeeFall

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 04:49:23 PM

If GLC is to be "reborn" then the tiny block reward will probably have to be addressed.

The current reward is only 0.00610351 GLC per block, which is 1/16384th the value of the original reward of 100 GLC. Could only be a couple more halvings before the output is so small that the network considers it dust, and it doesn't even get added to the miner's wallet (this has happened with another coin I mine.)

I've been progressively consolidating small (mined) unspent outputs, but now it's come to the point where even trying to send 0.1 GLC fails. Sad

How do long term hodlers feel? On the one hand, increasing the block reward will dilute existing hodlings, but on the other, without a change, miners have no incentive to secure the network.

Give up. What possible use is there for this shitcoin among a sea of shitcoins? Don't dwell on it, move on. It was never anything and it will never be.

I think its funny how you call a 6 year old project "shit" and think its solely down town the devs to be promoters, community support and suppose to have contacts like amazon that we can just snap our fingers and we have a deal. I'm sorry to disappoint you but life doesn't work like that. If we had as much support as other coins like ethereum then companies would have taken notice but this coin was released during a time when every coin had a pre-mine and was usually a scam. This was never a scam and never will be. We just wanted to release a simple coin that could be used globally.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
invizion

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 01:24:25 AM

If GLC is to be "reborn" then the tiny block reward will probably have to be addressed.

The current reward is only 0.00610351 GLC per block, which is 1/16384th the value of the original reward of 100 GLC. Could only be a couple more halvings before the output is so small that the network considers it dust, and it doesn't even get added to the miner's wallet (this has happened with another coin I mine.)

I've been progressively consolidating small (mined) unspent outputs, but now it's come to the point where even trying to send 0.1 GLC fails. Sad

How do long term hodlers feel? On the one hand, increasing the block reward will dilute existing hodlings, but on the other, without a change, miners have no incentive to secure the network.

Give up. What possible use is there for this shitcoin among a sea of shitcoins? Don't dwell on it, move on. It was never anything and it will never be.

I think its funny how you call a 6 year old project "shit" and think its solely down town the devs to be promoters, community support and suppose to have contacts like amazon that we can just snap our fingers and we have a deal. I'm sorry to disappoint you but life doesn't work like that. If we had as much support as other coins like ethereum then companies would have taken notice but this coin was released during a time when every coin had a pre-mine and was usually a scam. This was never a scam and never will be. We just wanted to release a simple coin that could be used globally.

Attempting to compare a litecoin copypaste to Ethereum, fuck off lol. You just came back to try and climb on the Facebook Globalcoin samename bandwagon and hope to unload your bags on some idiots. Pitty they changed the name on you, it's now Libra or something; so you can piss back off like you did all those years ago.
plumbeer

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 01:29:08 AM

its solely down town the devs to be promoters
There's nothing to promote lol
plumbeer

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 01:55:38 AM

YoBit:
Deposit\Withdrawal coin will be available after you upgrade the source code of the wallet. Unfortunately the developers are in no hurry to send you updates
- therefore, in order to avoid the loss of users, the network is not available.
If you have updated the source code of the coin, send us (https://yobit.net/en/maintenance_request/ Free)and we will promptly correct the problem on the coin.
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 07:44:00 AM

YoBit:
Deposit\Withdrawal coin will be available after you upgrade the source code of the wallet. Unfortunately the developers are in no hurry to send you updates
If you have updated the source code of the coin, send us (https://yobit.net/en/maintenance_request/ Free)and we will promptly correct the problem on the coin.

That seems rather copy/paste-ish. Don't Yobit have a really bad reputation for doing updates? (edit: yep, do a Google search for "Unfortunately the developers are in no hurry to send you updates" and you'll see it's a form reply.)

I noticed recently that GLC seems to have come out of maint (briefly) at Yobit, around the end of May 2019. One of my test deposits - which I think was sent sometime last year - has been quietly credited to my account. The current status is, again, in maint.
invizion

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 01:24:41 PM

YoBit:

That seems rather copy/paste-ish. Don't Yobit have a really bad reputation for doing updates? (edit: yep, do a Google search for "Unfortunately the developers are in no hurry to send you updates" and you'll see it's a form reply.)

I noticed recently that GLC seems to have come out of maint (briefly) at Yobit, around the end of May 2019. One of my test deposits - which I think was sent sometime last year - has been quietly credited to my account. The current status is, again, in maint.

I previously maintained the source code for yobit and have since removed the repository due to several security issues that went unpatched as interest was lost. As such, to my knowledge, yobit no longer runs the daemon and the coins trading within are walled off - it’s an internal database only with no deposits, no withdrawals and no transfers.

There’s really no point trying to rally this, p.s I still hold over 10M GLC that I’m happy to dump on any market making attempts, the cryptsy hackers also control the number 1 wallet (over 40% of all coins).
Forexer

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 05:24:48 AM

True GlobalCoin fans join the telegram group: https://t.me/GlobalCoin
ave_chaincoin

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 05:37:37 AM

True GlobalCoin fans join the telegram group: https://t.me/GlobalCoin
All this shit is a waste of time. We need a developer, new wallet release, exchanges. Probably POS.
What is the sense of discussing dead shitcoin?
LeeFall

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 06:33:18 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2019, 06:59:20 PM by LeeFall

Attempting to compare a litecoin copypaste to Ethereum, fuck off lol. You just came back to try and climb on the Facebook Globalcoin samename bandwagon and hope to unload your bags on some idiots. Pitty they changed the name on you, it's now Libra or something; so you can piss back off like you did all those years ago.

I don't hold/own any GLC I can promise you this. If I did I certainly would not be dumping it. Also its Globalcoin code name Libra. Cryptsy stole the whole development fund so you want me to do everything and pay for any other development by myself? If you want change start giving ideas and solutions. The code has always been on github (https://github.com/CryptoParts/GlobalCoin) but no has made any attempt to maintain/update it.... But i guess its down to only me right.... apparently?
ave_chaincoin

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 08:53:04 AM

I don't hold/own any GLC I can promise you this. If I did I certainly would not be dumping it. Also its Globalcoin code name Libra. Cryptsy stole the whole development fund so you want me to do everything and pay for any other development by myself? If you want change start giving ideas and solutions. The code has always been on github (https://github.com/CryptoParts/GlobalCoin) but no has made any attempt to maintain/update it.... But i guess its down to only me right.... apparently?

No, it's not.
Let's make a simple cleanup at least in GitHub description:
- OW (glc.io) doesn't work, should be removed
- bopbop.me doesn't work, should be removed
Do you have access to any of these websites: glc.io, globalcoin.info or globalco.in?

How about a new release (updated seeds is a good start) on the occasion of 6th anniversary? Ask Yobit to accept this new code and return the wallet to operational state.
I'd suggest to start a new thread on btt, original post looks terribly outdated.

Also please try to do not disappear this time  Smiley
LeeFall

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 07:10:43 AM

No, it's not.
Let's make a simple cleanup at least in GitHub description:
- OW (glc.io) doesn't work, should be removed
- bopbop.me doesn't work, should be removed
Do you have access to any of these websites: glc.io, globalcoin.info or globalco.in?

How about a new release (updated seeds is a good start) on the occasion of 6th anniversary? Ask Yobit to accept this new code and return the wallet to operational state.
I'd suggest to start a new thread on btt, original post looks terribly outdated.

Also please try to do not disappear this time  Smiley

I wont disappear this time promise. I just hate this website and would like to move away from here which is why I wanted to recommend to start using Reddit or something like that. I did update the source code many 20 days ago with new seed hosts so should connect pretty quick if you have built from source recently. Also fixed the links and will re make the websites into one hub for everything.

almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 07:35:46 PM

Looks like at least one person has figured out that Yobit seems to have taken the wallet out of maint, and is dumping their coin.
plumbeer

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 08:32:23 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2019, 03:31:57 PM by plumbeer

Hey guys, happy 6th anniversary upcoming!  Grin
My suggestion is to extend max supply to 100 mln coins and to switch to POS 5%+ per year (7-10-12%?)

Don't dump your coins, let's make GLC great (if it even never wasn't) again.
We have maturity, we have some ambiguous (but useful) promotion on the news from Facebook.
Forexer

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2019, 08:29:00 PM

Please vote for GlobalCoin, 2 days left until the end of the voting.
https://vote.xbts.io/
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 02:06:43 AM

This coin is susceptible to 51% attack because there's no incentive to mine GLC as it is right now. I'm fairly confident there's only one miner securing this coin right now (me), and I'm not putting an awful lot of hashrate into it.

The coin generation rate is currently around 8.79 GLC per day which at 20 Satoshis is 0.00000175 BTC.

Coin needs to be fixed/reborn before putting effort into getting it listed.
Forexer

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2019, 05:03:16 AM

This coin is susceptible to 51% attack because there's no incentive to mine GLC as it is right now. I'm fairly confident there's only one miner securing this coin right now (me), and I'm not putting an awful lot of hashrate into it.

The coin generation rate is currently around 8.79 GLC per day which at 20 Satoshis is 0.00000175 BTC.

Coin needs to be fixed/reborn before putting effort into getting it listed.

What is your GLC address?  I will buy coins on and support miners
four3200

Activity: 1246
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2019, 05:17:59 AM

Agree.
GLC is an original, you can not duplicate that, unless you have a time machine.

There is something still here to the project.

■▐ ▎▬▬▬▬▬▬ 8 YEAR CROWDSALE▐ ▎■BUY UNO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▐ ▎■
bigDog9kiloasicTALKTop-apocalypse#420jfa#PR0#form#coin#POSpoll#simpleDEX #open🐢
plumbeer

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 12:22:57 AM

That's a goner, f*ck this crap. And the dev too.
ave_chaincoin

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 10:51:11 PM

Any news? Sync got stuck since Sep 2019, have only 1 connection
ave_chaincoin

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 01:37:09 AM

Does anybody have a working node list? We have to "turn on" Yobit wallet cause it's on maintenance now.

DEV, WAKE UP! Let's create a Telegram or Discord group if you don't like the forum Smiley
The coin should be revived, it's old now like an aged wine but needs some updates.
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: