Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:00:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ✅ [ANN] [ICO] ✅ PRE-SALE SOLD OUT - ACORN COLLECTIVE! ✅ MAIN SALE 26 MAY 2018  (Read 251505 times)
appraiser

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:00:07 PM

Live AMA - Feb 7th - 12pm GMT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-gzfehGGig

It is great.  Thank you for this link
Toltekayotl

Merit: 103

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:21:05 PM

A nice feature on us in TG Daily.
⠀⠀⠀⠀
'Acorn Collective: The Blockchain-Based Startup Poised to Revolutionize Crowdfunding'

http://www.tgdaily.com/cryptocurrency-and-blockchain/acorn-collective-the-blockchain-based-startup-poised-to-revolutionize-crowdfunding
Thank you, I noticed for myself an interesting think:
"Rather than force either the backer or the fundraiser to convert their currency if a project is being funding across borders, Acorn’s tokens allow both sides of the platform the simplicity of dealing in a single currency and avoid conversion fees on both sides as tokens are redeemable in local currencies."

But in this case everyone will depend on the rate of the OAK token. If the token falls by 2 times, the contributions of the projects will also fall by 2 times.
Nunii

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:19:40 AM

Guys, how are you gonna cope up with the current situation of the crypto market? Does this greatly impact the ongoing ICO?
This should not be a big problem for Acorn. Almost every project encountered a market dump in during an ICO company. Life is harsh and ugly, and only the strong survive!

So it means, no changes on the number of tokens or price per token? I believe so, many have encoutered this but some are adding a percentage to investors or simply a plus tokens to investors.
MorganFreeman41

Activity: 378
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:05:54 AM

⠀⠀⠀⠀
'Acorn Collective: The Blockchain-Based Startup Poised to Revolutionize Crowdfunding'

http://www.tgdaily.com/cryptocurrency-and-blockchain/acorn-collective-the-blockchain-based-startup-poised-to-revolutionize-crowdfunding

What does your team think about the correction in the cryptocurrency market? How will this affect the economics of your project?
For any project that conducts ICO, the correction in the market will have a very negative effect, because the fees are carried out in the cryptocurrency and not in dollars. I think that against the background of the market correction, the Acorn team needs to revise the soft cap, in order to make it real.
given what is happening now in the cryptocurrency market, I think it will be difficult to reach 5 KK $. investors are now afraid to take any action
Trader-master

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:27:29 AM

Guys, how are you gonna cope up with the current situation of the crypto market? Does this greatly impact the ongoing ICO?
This should not be a big problem for Acorn. Almost every project encountered a market dump in during an ICO company. Life is harsh and ugly, and only the strong survive!

So it means, no changes on the number of tokens or price per token? I believe so, many have encoutered this but some are adding a percentage to investors or simply a plus tokens to investors.
I do not think that we should seriously worry about the fall of the market. For new startups, this is a chance to prove themselves. A good project is always in price.

OAX - BRIDGE TO TRADITIONAL FINANCE WORLD
OAX - INTEGRATION OF CRYPTOCURRENCY MARKET
■ oax.org ■ bit.ly/BttANN ■ bit.ly/ActiveBounty ■
goovsy

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:48:14 AM

⠀⠀⠀⠀

What does your team think about the correction in the cryptocurrency market? How will this affect the economics of your project?
For any project that conducts ICO, the correction in the market will have a very negative effect, because the fees are carried out in the cryptocurrency and not in dollars. I think that against the background of the market correction, the Acorn team needs to revise the soft cap, in order to make it real.
given what is happening now in the cryptocurrency market, I think it will be difficult to reach 5 KK $. investors are now afraid to take any action
ETH will grow up again. In 2017 ICOs reached theirs caps when it was much more lower.I think that is time to invest now not to trade. Just keep calm and read WPs )
Nunii

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:48:25 AM

I do not think that we should seriously worry about the fall of the market. For new startups, this is a chance to prove themselves. A good project is always in price.

Yeah we can say that. Hopefully those who bought when eth is at peak will not create such a fuss. One more thing, how is the team handling the security over the information specially client personal data and the ICO itself? We know some projects have suffered from cyber attacks stealing not only information. Thank you!
appraiser

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:27:57 AM

Yeah we can say that. Hopefully those who bought when eth is at peak will not create such a fuss. One more thing, how is the team handling the security over the information specially client personal data and the ICO itself? We know some projects have suffered from cyber attacks stealing not only information. Thank you!

Basically, this is not cyberattacks but a different kind of phishing and social manipulation. In one big project, they stole $ 2 million simply by posing as administrators who collect a pool for pre-sale.
Toltekayotl

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:54:47 AM

It seems to me that the long-term trend of the market has changed yesterday, now we are going to the moon  Smiley
appraiser

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:04:27 PM

It seems to me that the long-term trend of the market has changed yesterday, now we are going to the moon  Smiley

That would be fine. The red days are very annoying. I would like to quickly to the moon
jannerman

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:38:13 PM

https://cryptocoin.news/analysis/out-of-little-acorns-6530/

'From Little Acorns, Reshaping The World Of Crowdfunding With Acorn Collective by Jillian Godsil.
morgan4140

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:11:01 PM

https://cryptocoin.news/analysis/out-of-little-acorns-6530/

'From Little Acorns, Reshaping The World Of Crowdfunding With Acorn Collective by Jillian Godsil.

Very interesting and informative article. By the way there are also many interesting videos there are on YouTube about Acorn
skyline_king

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:30:59 PM

What must I do in case I want to start my crowdfaunding on your platform. Is this mandatory to have OAK tokens? What about raitings of projects incide Acorn  platform do you plan realize this. For now all I see that there is few startups tryin to collect USD using nice photo and short annotation...
Davidwastaken

Activity: 74

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 06:34:08 PM

Can someoe explain something to me, bit of a dumb@$$ when it comes to this. How will the value of the investment be secured since payment will be in acorns? Say for instance I invest 100 Oak on something but 1 Oak is $10, what happens to the total investment if it drops to $2 the following week?

projects at Acorn will be given the choice about accept funds in Fiat currencies or cryptotoken. The issue of volatility is very topical in the light of events in recent weeks. The probability of a conditional with 10$ to 2$ always exists, as well as the probability to increase from$ 10 to$50.
There is another controversial issue. In addition to investors who finance the project with oak, the problem can arise in people who make a crowdfunding. They will not be able to pay by OAK for the development of their product, and they are interested in immediately selling the received tokens, which will also negatively affect the price. Can there be an explanation from devs?

Can someone gie me an answer on this? This is the only thing stopping me from investing. Putting it simply I would like to know if project is funded in oak and oak decreases in value how does that effect the target of the project?
liquidX3

Activity: 224
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:46:09 PM

What must I do in case I want to start my crowdfaunding on your platform. Is this mandatory to have OAK tokens? What about raitings of projects incide Acorn  platform do you plan realize this. For now all I see that there is few startups tryin to collect USD using nice photo and short annotation...
Any ICO project looks like a startup trying to collect USD with beautiful photo. Of course you will need to have OAK tokens. Tokens are an inalienable part of the blockchain

EINC   ■■■■■   ETHERINC - an ETHEREUM FORK   ■■■■■   EINC         
DAO 2.0 is LIVE - Register your DAO Now ▐||   ETHEREUM HOLDERS ((   CLAIM ETI    ))
Whitepaper   ▲   Telegram   ▲   Twitter   ▲   Medium   ▲   Reddit   ▲   ANN Thread
Cryptobudgie

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:14:50 PM

Based on pre-ico Know-your-customer "KYC" terms, you need to submit photo id to participate.  Is this normal?

It’s becoming standard practice for most ICOs it ensures we can use a bank account to store funds in for those people and services that we have to pay in fiat.

Quote from: Cryptobudgie

2. We intend to incentivize referrals in a similar way, by rewarding those who successfully
recruit new users into our ecosystem, as part of our Affiliate Rewards system.

Can you say the figures for the remuneration for referrals involved? I have my own blog and I think that I could attract a lot of users to your platform.

Not exactly, but the project incentive fund is 40% of our raise Smiley

Very useful project for the community! In what currencies do you accept deposits? Which wallets would you recommend to use?

MyEtherWallet, Mist, Metamask or Parity are all good.

Contributions in ETH only.

23 hours until the Pre-Sale!

why do you accept only the ethereum (ETH) tokens? usually bitcoin is taken too. Or is it only at the Pre-Sale stage?

Thanks for the question.

We only take Ether because adding bitcoin contributions would increase the complexity of our smart contract and sales process, because they are 2 separate blockchains. Our token is an ERC-20 ethereum token, so people would need an ether wallet anyway. We don’t believe it would make that much of a difference to most people.

I heard that the start of the pre-sale was postponed for two days. Is this information true? For what reason did your team decide to postpone the date?

No - the start of the preliminary sale was postponed for 2 hours, now it is already active.  Here is tweet - https://twitter.com/AcoCollective/status/957977057530654721
I congratulate the team of Acorn with the beginning of the PreICO! for me fifty percent bonus looks very attractive. strong community and the embodiment of the idea of the Acorn will allow people to find their followers and provide quality content for them.
What happened ? why did you decide to postpone the presale for 2 hours? by the way, how can I track the sales process?

discussions and information above is needed by the community who follow this project. but why delay the sale time? Is there any problem ?
thank you

We had a slight issue with our KYC integration that was fixed within two hours 😊

How does this platform compare to CoinStarter (https://coinstarter.com/) ?

Our platform follows the traditional Kickstarter model as a reward crowdfunding platform, whether it be the latest tech gadget in Silicon Valley or a Chicken farm in Ghana all our welcome on our platform, whereas Coinstarter and others like it a for ICOs only.

If I buy tokens, will I have the right to vote in your company?

Tokens will not provide voting rights to holders.

By the way why did you choose such strange name for you platform - "Acorn Collective"? I learn WP and did not finde answer )

Acorns are a fantastic symbol for growth; how small ideas can grow into great things. Collective reflects the community nature of our platform and how many people come together to help a great vision be realised.

Devs when you are planning to go on exchanges? Maybe you are already negotiating with some major exchange?

We are speaking with a number of exchanges at the moment, but as wont be listed till after the ICO these are still at early stages. We will be partnering with Bancor to provide immediate token liquidity.

Is there anyone involved in the bounty campaign ? Do you have assignments on retweet for ACORN posts? I have not had such tasks for 2 weeks already.

If you head to icoreward.com you can see all bounty details.

Guys have you already reached soft cap? If so please make it announced in your ANN, if it was reached, at what date does crowd sale starts and with what amount of bonuses?
By the way I'm wondering what soft cap and as hard cap at acorn. will there be discounts at the ICO stage?

For the ICO the softcap is USD 5M with a target of USD 50 M and a hardcap of USD 100M, sorry, but there will be no discounts available at the ICO stage

Today 3 or 4 day of fundraising maby any new news? how are the fees going? Did not the tempo decrease as he was at the beginning?

The first 24 hours and the last 24 hours are normally the busiest for a sale so a slight drop off was expected but we are combating this with a high number of marketing campaigns.

Do you have any problems with fishing and scammers. There are a lot of frauders near good projects. Sad but true. In telegram chat I saw few warnings about it.

The warnings have been pre-emptive more than anything else. Like most pre-sales there have been scammers around but we’ve been very active in the channel which has gone a long way to preventing them

Hey there,

any relation with the acorns saving app? why such a close similar name ?

Cheers

Not the first time we’ve had this one! Acorn is a very popular name for many companies, I grew up with Acorn Computers; a great educational tool. For as long as there are Acorns and companies wishing to symbolise growth and transformation the name Acorn will be used! But we feel the addition of Collective makes unique and a strong reflection of our brand values and identity

Thanks for the info! If I fail to participate in the event - a recording will be available later?

Have any article or transcript? I don't have much time to view but I can to read during the day. If any can it would be great! At least thesis  Wink

Our Copywriter Tayana will produce an article on this I believe

On your website as a partner is indicated European Crowdfunding Network. Tell us, please, on which issues you are working on and what benefits this interaction brings.

Thanks for the question. ECN provide a range of expertise and training on crowdfunding, so we’re using the partnership to inform our own training packages and best practice in crowdfunding. Also, they are putting together an ICO and blockchain working group that we’re just speaking to them now about being a part of. We want to use the partnership with a leading organisation to be a closer part of the crowdfunding community, develop and share best practice and influence crowdfunding within blockchain.

Do you plan to develop your own mobile application? This is very relevant and important in our time. By the way, how are things going with presale? have you reached softcap?

Absolutely, mobile is vital to what we are doing as in many developing countries mobile is the only way to access the internet. Things are going great with the pre-sale thanks, 2,453,540 OAK sold at time of writing

Guys will you provide digest of the most interesting questions and responses from AMA? I just do not have time to read that much info  Grin and yes, the most interesting question is listing plans Wink

We will do, for listing plan, please see previous answers ^^^   Smiley

Yesterday I watched a video on YouTube with the participation of the Acorn team. Very smart and positive guys. By the way, do you have a project based in England?

Most of our team is based in the UK but the company is registered in Gibraltar

Do you have incoming projects ready for implementation after the ICO? Also, very interesting on how ACORN team will ensure that it supports only legit projects, I mean with viabke product. 😊😊

Head to  aco.ai to check out our project pages. All projects on the platform will be reviewed before approval if they are illegal according EU law they wont be allowed. If the are legal but ethically questionable they will be reviewed, by our ethics board, comprised of people of different ages, nationalities genders etc who will decide , if they fail to reach a decision it will be put out to public vote and we will let the community decide. Beyond that we will accept any projects and people will decide with their backing whether a project succeeds or not.

I also wonder about partnership acorn intends to conclude, are there already known companies, enterprises? Thank you, I hope such info can be disclosed.

All our current partnerships are listed on our website, this list will grow when we confirm partnerships with accelerators worldwide, we’re in a talks with a lot so hope to announce some soon.

How do I determine correct GAS in MEW for contribution? It's defaulting to 100358. Is that correct?

We recommend 150K gas limit minimum, 25 gwei

Guys is. presage stage is over? I didn't get response on what are the bonuses for crowd sale stage. Is bar on your website guys updates automatically or manually?

Pre-sale closes 19th Feb, no bonus but tokens are available at 50% discount, bar on website updates automatically 😊

Can someoe explain something to me, bit of a dumb@$$ when it comes to this. How will the value of the investment be secured since payment will be in acorns? Say for instance I invest 100 Oak on something but 1 Oak is $10, what happens to the total investment if it drops to $2 the following week?

When a founder sets his campaign target he sets it in a USD value.

The OAK contributions count towards this funding target in USD using the current OAK exchange rate at the time.

We then protect the USD value that he has managed so far. If the OAK value goes down in the meantime, Acorn’s platform will have to make up the difference. However, if the OAK value goes up in the meantime, Acorn will be able to keep this difference.

So yes, volatility can be a problem for Acorn, should there be a prolonged or massive downswing right during the time when we’re due to pay large campaign payouts.

This is one of the reasons for the liquidity reserve. It’s an allocation of the ICO proceeds that will help to smoothen out currency swings from large campaign payouts and OAK dumping by founders, but can also be used to sell off some tokens gradually during campaign raises (helping to protect us by locking in the USD value) and also maintain liquidity for us should we need to cover some of these contributions after an OAK downswing.

It is one of the drawbacks of using crypto for campaign contributions, but we believe we’ve got a workable mechanism to overcome this.

That said, we also expect that over the long term, crypto’s volatility, including OAK’s, will improve. Additionally, crowdfunding’s expansive nature (each founder must market his project and recruit his own backers, meaning each project potentially brings in lots of new users into the token ecosystem), our project incentive fund and other token growth mechanisms should help to maintain OAK demand and support the token price over the long term.

A very unfortunate period for the collection of funds ICO. But who knew that the correction in the cryptocurrency market would begin. This situation can affect the fees in the worse side. What will you do if the correction continues for another 2-3 months?

We’re confident the recovery is underway and we are already in a great position despite the correction and with the marketing we have going out should we should be fairly immune from issues in the market on a macro level

r95222

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:28:15 PM

Wow! As always team wrote so much that while read forget begin. Thanks Cryptobudgie for such a detailed response.
What about crypto competitor? For example RootProject (not exact but as platform for any projects)?
consigliere

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:48:08 PM

Devs, what about other languages ANN? Are they coming or you decided to have only English thread? It is a bit difficult for me to read English WP, I would prefer Korean translation.
SparkIt

Activity: 714
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:00:42 PM

projects at Acorn will be given the choice about accept funds in Fiat currencies or cryptotoken. The issue of volatility is very topical in the light of events in recent weeks. The probability of a conditional with 10$ to 2$ always exists, as well as the probability to increase from$ 10 to$50.
There is another controversial issue. In addition to investors who finance the project with oak, the problem can arise in people who make a crowdfunding. They will not be able to pay by OAK for the development of their product, and they are interested in immediately selling the received tokens, which will also negatively affect the price. Can there be an explanation from devs?

Can someone gie me an answer on this? This is the only thing stopping me from investing. Putting it simply I would like to know if project is funded in oak and oak decreases in value how does that effect the target of the project?
The situation described by you is absolutely analogous to that as any of us invests in ICO.

For example, when I exchanged my ETH to OAK, its price was about a quarter more expensive than today. Of course, today it is still subject to the exchange of 1600 tokens for one ETH, but ETH was more expensive. And it turns out today OAK I can buy more profitable than a week ago.

What do I want to say by this? We always find ourselves before the choice to invest now or later, or not to invest. These are our risks. And no guarantees. But the project that you decide to give their acorns will obviously have to exchange some of these funds for a fiat currency for to be able to developed their idea. And thus we can say that part of the collected funds probably will be fixed in a fiat currency.
ifirina

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:36:08 PM

As far as I know, there are not so many projects related to crowdfunding. Therefore, I believe that the project is waiting for success, I like that the team is very open to communication.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: