Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:39:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes a altcoin valuable  (Read 5731 times)
afriace

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:54:12 PM

Yesterday I have read a very good article about bitcoin/ blockchain. I´m now talking about the value of bitcoin, not the price. This is a big difference. Most of the people are only talking about the price of bitcoin. For me the value of bitcoin is much higher. Bitcoin was the first solving the over 550 year old problem called Byzantine Generals' Problem. This problem is very complex but in the end it´s a question about trusting somebody/ something. So after releasing bitcoin with his blockchain this problem was not a problem anymore. You don´t need to trust the blockchain like you trust your bank or something else. On the blockchain everything is documented and nobody can manipulate the blockchain.

So for me Satoshi Nakamoto is the next Man of the Millennium after Johanes Gutenberg.
nitrousteam

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:39:45 PM

Altcoin can get the reputable value if the trust of the investors is earned. Investors are pumping the price growth and without the investors, the coins become the coins without the purpose and they soon end up in demise. Altcoins are competing against each other with the implementation of the new technologies that the developers are believing will bring a tremendous base of investors towards the specific altcoin. There are also other things like anonymity and the blockchain that is improved in the contrary to other altcoins. Investors are looking for everything that will be of some usage to them and decentralization is one of the most desirable goals that altcoin can have. Future plans for the specific altcoins must be very well written and organized in order to attract the buyers to the altcoin base.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:19:19 PM

I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

More than technology or usability, its speculation or we can say community awareness which determines price. I have seen many ICOs not even launched their product or service but still coin price went 10x the ICO price just on the basis of investors' speculation. For instance, check POWR.

Let me give you example, Apple shares decreased horribly the day Tim Cook announced 20% fall in Apple China's sale!

Same theorem works in crypto world too. Coin is wholly owned to open market and its price fluctuates hugely by buzz and FUDs!

I agree. Also, I think that it adds flavor and activity to the cryptocurrency market rather than just having one strong player in the personal of bitcoin. The environment of competition amongst other coins are giving vibrancy to the trade and investment department of the cryptocurrency market. It is also a good medium of investment because it is quick and easy to dispose for profit.

The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 10:40:05 PM

I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

I think its value depends on how much investors and users partake with it and the weight of the service it offers and I think its acceptability and accessibility through various services such as exchange platforms also affects its value in my observation the volume of the token also affect the value of an altcoin.

Cryptogenetic

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:50:48 PM

Secondly, most coins are just plain coins that don’t have any functions.
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:53:51 PM

Unfortunately value is defined by demand.
We can see that there are a lot of coins with big marketcaps  with no usability and very little potential , which is means that value is often made from think air.

But on the other hand legitimacy and usability , uniqueness will give the coin potential to grow and thus the value in the future.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
r.bhalla07

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:28:27 AM

I think we can see that there are lot of coins which is means that value is often made for think air.

FilmBusinessBuster.com
» A GAME CHANGER for the Film Industry  «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
buevevgen

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:36:56 AM

I think the value is in the solution its going to provide for solving some existing problems that the market is facing right now.
Royhan25

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:40:51 AM

Just trying to give some opinion, altcoins will valueable that will based for this coins used for what , how about the project managed , the concept of this coin. I know investing on some coins its not mean you can get profit because invest is some high risk if the project not launched follow by the roadmap. Altcoins will have value if the promised project success and launched and can used by alot people, but some altcoins will have value if listed on major market because high trading volume everyday make the coin will growth and valuable , but for listed on major exchanges their will see how your project running goods or not.
astropark

Activity: 166

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 09:50:10 AM

I think people's interest and project's whitepaper and roadmap
AlexGN789

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:58:32 AM

Community and the project behind it. Product needs to be exciting and innovative, then the community can welcome it and use it.
Avispeat

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:59:55 AM

Unfortunately value is defined by demand.
We can see that there are a lot of coins with big marketcaps  with no usability and very little potential , which is means that value is often made from think air.

But on the other hand legitimacy and usability , uniqueness will give the coin potential to grow and thus the value in the future.

ADD that value is created by bad and good news as well because of some people that when they say some coin it gets pumped. Thing what John Mcafee was doing, every time he said one coin it got pumped. I don't really think that people look at tech side of it.
popeye95

Activity: 398

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:06:11 AM

Widely accept and being used by users.
bttcoin

Activity: 110
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:12:00 AM

People's investments make bitcoin valuable, the essence of bitcoin is cryptocurrencies, which are worthless if not invested, and the better you project, the faster your bitcoin appreciates.
nuggetbram

Activity: 326

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:37:30 AM

You can use all the great technologies you want to make the coin a success but without money for marketing,the ICO will fail terribly.
max6575

Activity: 1176

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 01:50:13 PM

the use of appropriation on excess with the switches of apprentice as developer to gives of release with the company intelligence as offering service and collecting supports of funding to begins with new projects and running as listed of the company with the archipelago.

Balab01

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

B пoиcкe

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:07:37 PM

Coins are becoming popular because of advertising, but people also invest the projects they like. Rather, social ones.

*** Paбiв дo paю нe пycкaють! ***
mrtryonebiggums

Activity: 322
Merit: 111

Revolutionized Rotating Savings & Borrowings

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:49:14 PM

Advertising and marketing is a good start but you need to follow that up with a proper game plan that details the next little while ahead. Apart from that be professional and courteous as well as engaging, this will help ensure you have a quality alt. 

mudasarali43

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:49:35 PM

Yes it is good question
I think some improvements makes the altcoin valuable, when some technical changes or some other good news form example when the coin is added in new exchange and also good exchange then this good news will impact on the value and price or in this type of any good news happening for example when any good partner found or make the hardfork then these type of good news also impact to make the best value of the coin.
strickland

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:11:25 PM

Value is a fabrication of man. If there's a demand for it (market) it automatically has 'value'. Here's a little thinking excercise: What gives a little piece of paper with a certain number on it valuable?
It's mainly what the other person is willing to pay for the coins. It could be literally worth mostly anything.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: