Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:30:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which alts are REAL prospects  ..they exist ..they are coded out ..they are functional  (they are not just dreams and bullshit white papers) and have a REAL usecase...also add your own project so long as it meets the criteria in the first POST. Let's aim
Bitbay - 56 (11.1%)
Blocknet - 45 (8.9%)
Byteball - 110 (21.9%)
PivX - 37 (7.4%)
Komodo - 47 (9.3%)
Sys - 34 (6.8%)
Waves - 92 (18.3%)
Game credits - 19 (3.8%)
Bitshares - 25 (5%)
Ardor - 38 (7.6%)
Total Voters: 321

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE ONLY ALTS THAT ARE REAL PROJECTS HERE !!!!---------CURRENT JULY 2018!! POLL!  (Read 10552 times)
noa06

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:41:34 PM

You put a thread saying which is the next big alt you get reams of pages of replies spamming dirt.

You ask for a validation and put some reasonable criteria and you get very few replies.

There are NO other good (outside of the top 10) projects that meet the criteria we have in the OP??

it is simply because people are not interested in altcoins because they are good or bad. most don't even care if the altcoin exists in real life, it may very well have no working blockchain as far as they are concerned and they will still invest in it and call it "awesome".
example? BTU= bitcoin unlimited, doesn't exist. volume=$10k daily on average. it does not even exist!

i am no different from others though. i am only interested in money and i have given up on altcoins being good or being "next big thing" a long time ago. but since you asked i choose Byteball.
the development team is decent enough. they haven't given up on the project to go away. they even try for some real adoption with merchants.
the technology (DAG) is pretty interesting and Byteball uses it properly. it even has anonymous transactions.
i don't like the distribution model but it was fair.

I agree with you to a certain extent at most people might not know what altcoins are about. Cuz there is way too many, and most of them are just concepts so nothing substensial to show whats up with the content of their ideas...

Thats why post like this one are really cool to push forward as they are trying to show which project already have more than a concept, but an already early usable version of their products available right now on the market with a potential of truly changing their environements  Shocked
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:39:38 PM

Ola guys,

Lets keep writting that list of awsome blockchain projects which have proven their desire of revolutionizing theirs respectives industry and have keep their words until now :

Gamecredits :

1) Gamestore is functional and can be downloaded on any android devices as for today ! Their Esport plateform is still in developement and will be a game changer for casual/pro player alike

2) Use case and advantages to use their system are various and divisible in two categories...

For Mobile Video Games Developpers:

- High Processing Speed
- Scalable
- Advanced fraud protection
- Blockchain Security
- Bypass comission fees (10% instead of 30% charged by Google/Apple)
- Receive payment faster (up to 60H instead of up to 60Days)
- Higher deposit limits
- Cross promotion payments
- No charges back or fraud.

For Gamers :

- Easy and seemless integration of payment in game
- Higher deposit limits
- More deposit options
- Purchase power
- Increasing value the more users jumps in
- Transferability
- Safe place to keep cash
- Send money anonymously
- Esport plateform (Participate in e-sport competitions from your home even if you’re not an elite player. Quick matchups and fast payouts.)

3) Currently N°63 on CmC with a market cap of 123 M --》 Mobile Gaming Mcap this year is 46.1B with forecast pushing to 64.9 B in 2020 !

4) Most successful Ico at its Time, Member of Hyperledger (IbM, Samsung, Huawei, Cisco ect..), Partners with Unity (3B gamers worldwide --> Temple run, pokemon go, Heartstone warcraft), building a community worldwide call G-Nation, and being the sponsor and sponsored by Esport events and community such as Detonation.

5) Long term hold as they are developping a plateform which will allow the Mobile Gaming industry to grow and keep evolving into the next generation of blockchain/cross payments + allow a all new way of getting some extra cash while playin you favourite video game !

They have a great community of passionate, they have been around for a while always delivering what they promised, their product is top notch and if they keep delivering as promise, they could easily reach a share of 1B market cap which will be still a tiny fraction of the total Mcap of the all industry for this year : )

×100 or 10 000% gains to come for that project is what i believe this project can reach !

In my own personal opinion, i can see it reach over half off total Mcap forecast for 2020 so roughly 30 B, as it is truly a way more specific and exiting plateform for Game developper and Gamers alike !! More democatric, transparent, easy to use/personal privacy upgrade, rewarding over time and competitive as Gaming spirit always have been and always will be !

+Most gamers are more inclined to try out new tech like blockchain project as they are more aware of the tools and commands required to make it work Grin Most people in the world still dont understand concepts like banks and Super computers programming, but they do understand markets and Gaming !!

Anywhere in the world i have been, i see everyone playin out random games on their phones and many places like internet gaming center where people team up/compete with each other or against other player around the globe. We all have a commun understanding of how to use a plateform like the google store/app store, to download, purchase and play it all

Thanks for this great answer. I will add game credits now to the proven REAL projects.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:44:12 PM

You put a thread saying which is the next big alt you get reams of pages of replies spamming dirt.

You ask for a validation and put some reasonable criteria and you get very few replies.

There are NO other good (outside of the top 10) projects that meet the criteria we have in the OP??

it is simply because people are not interested in altcoins because they are good or bad. most don't even care if the altcoin exists in real life, it may very well have no working blockchain as far as they are concerned and they will still invest in it and call it "awesome".
example? BTU= bitcoin unlimited, doesn't exist. volume=$10k daily on average. it does not even exist!

i am no different from others though. i am only interested in money and i have given up on altcoins being good or being "next big thing" a long time ago. but since you asked i choose Byteball.
the development team is decent enough. they haven't given up on the project to go away. they even try for some real adoption with merchants.
the technology (DAG) is pretty interesting and Byteball uses it properly. it even has anonymous transactions.
i don't like the distribution model but it was fair.

I agree with some of your points for sure. People just want money (fiat or more btc) however I do think finding REAL undervalue projects that have a REAL usecase and have proven devs with a proven skillset are the best way to make BIG money. Sure jumping from one scheme to another can make a good chunk of cash. However finding REAL projects early and holding will make you a fortune and reward those real dev teams and real communities that are not just for pump and dumps.

Again with byteball i nearly did not add it because I do NOT like the distributional model at all. I can not say it was a scam because it was not really a scam but to me rewarding those that have the most BTC with the most of an ALT coin with NO risk to their BTC is still very unfair but is not a scam to me.

However if he does not run of dump the remaining coins and there is a detailed ledger for how the remaining BB are used to build value into the coin...just the new real tech he has developed deserves a mention at this reasonably low cap.

I hope people will keep adding more real projects here so we can eventually filter peoples focus to worth while projects and stop them getting scammed by pump and dump dreams and talk white papers.

VarDiff

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:29:45 PM

Who the hell voting for a Byteball?? Are you serious??
This is just a scam coin, that pumped every time before airdrop and dumped immediately after it.
Show me the person or real business who accept a Byteball every day? I can't believe this shit.

Waves are real, you can find a lot of tokens based on Waves blockchain. I voted for it.
AleksandrKosov

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:43:05 PM

I will not write much about each company. All of them are outside the top 10. Each has a serious team. All companies have found a real application for their technology.

Tierion
Tierion is a global data verification platform, created in 2015 based on Chainpoint technology. It is aimed at verifying the data of the document using the best block systems. Unlike Bitcoin, Chainpoint confirms all transactions in the blockroom. With the help of this software, you can perform one binding to any number of accounting reports.
The company's activities cover a wide range of users. Now any enterprise can protect and notarize documents of high importance with the help of a "protective mechanism".

Already now, Tierion has been joined by health, insurance and financial services companies, which store significant amounts of data in the system. The Chainpoint technology tracks the creation time of the source document and its modified data. A number of large enterprises are already using the services of this platform. Including Microsoft and Philips, as well as a start-up Tokken.

Tierion allows you to create a record (calendar) in the blockbuster Bitcoin and the Etherium. The calendar is independent. And for the user to be able to access to check any entry, it's enough to use Chainpoint.

Features and capabilities:
-Cooperation with Microsoft and Philips provides a guarantee of the legitimacy of the company.
"At the moment, Tierion services are in demand among thousands of companies, and this shows the value of the services provided.
"It has been working for 2 years and provides a real product, which reduces the riskiness of its ICO in comparison with those projects that have shorter working hours or the product is under development.
-Contained in Consensus Makathon 2015. This speaks of the competence of developers.
-The direct competitor (Factom) for 1 second is able to conduct only 47 transactions. Tierion does not have a capacity limitation. Consequently, the project was approached thoroughly.
-In addition to data verification, it allows you to extend existing applications and even create something new. This is due to the availability of special tools from Tierion.

Wings

is the current DAO platform, which has already passed several ICO.
Look at how many projects are done on the wings and everything will be clear right away:
https://www.wings.ai/#!/home/discover

BitShares

BitShares is software.
To be precise, BitShares is a distributed, multi-user database with the ability to update, controlled by a certain set of rules and public key cryptography

BitShares is a network
A BitShares network can exist if there are at least two computers connected to the Internet. This distributed network of computers guarantees reliable protection of the database from failures. Each individual computer on the network contains a complete copy of the database of the entire network, so no one can change the public record

BitShares is the registry
The register is a database containing information about accounts and transfers between them. Every bank, company and organization dealing with finances has its own registry, which keeps track of who owns what. The BitShares registry is very reliable, because it operates under two levels of care: a highly distributed network that is completely transparent and protected by the latest cryptography.

BitShares is the Company
In the case of BitShares, the database monitors ownership of shares known as BTS. Each share can vote for delegates, the top 25 delegates after the vote takes responsibility for the operation of the software, maintaining the functionality of the network and a number of other tasks, for which it receives wages from shareholders. BitShares is a company that deals with the processing of transactions for a commission, the income from this business is distributed among the shareholders through the repurchase of shares.

BitShares is a stock exchange
The New York Stock Exchange is a company that maintains a register containing information about shareholders and debt obligations of companies. She earns money on commissions for transactions and issues her own shares. Like the New York Stock Exchange, BitShares allows people to monitor their shares or debts and trade them within a distributed registry.

BitShares is a bank
Banks are companies that maintain a register to track a debt with a security in the form of another asset, such as housing. This debt is calculated by the money spread all over the world, such as dollars, euros, yuan, etc. Banks receive revenue from interest accrual to borrowers and attract capital with interest payments to depositors. BitShares creates a dollar debt secured by a pledge in BTS. This dollar debt is BitAsset, namely BitUSD. BitShares supports any number of BitAssets, including BitGold, BitSilver, BitOil, etc. And whereas ordinary banking practice is an unsustainable business with partial redundancy, BitShares uses at least 175%, and often more than 300% of the reserve. While ordinary banks use illiquid assets to secure (pledge) debt obligations paid on demand, BitShares uses highly liquid BTS as collateral. While ordinary banks rely on taxpayers, the depositors of BitShares can directly claim a security.

BitShares is the currency
Anything can be used as money under certain circumstances. Gold, silver, giant stones, paper, debts, cigarettes - all this was used as money. Rich and influential often used as bearer shares (paper certificates of shares). In the case of BitShares, a huge amount of assets can be used as money, including BTS, BitUSD, BitGold and BitSilver. All these assets have the properties of homogeneity, divisibility, transportability and the inability to forge them.

Silenox

Activity: 546
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:47:45 PM

From the options in this list my choices are: Byteball, PivX, Waves and GameCredits. Only time will tell if the right choices have been made.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:51:24 PM

I will not write much about each company. All of them are outside the top 10. Each has a serious team. All companies have found a real application for their technology.

Tierion
Tierion is a global data verification platform, created in 2015 based on Chainpoint technology. It is aimed at verifying the data of the document using the best block systems. Unlike Bitcoin, Chainpoint confirms all transactions in the blockroom. With the help of this software, you can perform one binding to any number of accounting reports.
The company's activities cover a wide range of users. Now any enterprise can protect and notarize documents of high importance with the help of a "protective mechanism".

Already now, Tierion has been joined by health, insurance and financial services companies, which store significant amounts of data in the system. The Chainpoint technology tracks the creation time of the source document and its modified data. A number of large enterprises are already using the services of this platform. Including Microsoft and Philips, as well as a start-up Tokken.

Tierion allows you to create a record (calendar) in the blockbuster Bitcoin and the Etherium. The calendar is independent. And for the user to be able to access to check any entry, it's enough to use Chainpoint.

Features and capabilities:
-Cooperation with Microsoft and Philips provides a guarantee of the legitimacy of the company.
"At the moment, Tierion services are in demand among thousands of companies, and this shows the value of the services provided.
"It has been working for 2 years and provides a real product, which reduces the riskiness of its ICO in comparison with those projects that have shorter working hours or the product is under development.
-Contained in Consensus Makathon 2015. This speaks of the competence of developers.
-The direct competitor (Factom) for 1 second is able to conduct only 47 transactions. Tierion does not have a capacity limitation. Consequently, the project was approached thoroughly.
-In addition to data verification, it allows you to extend existing applications and even create something new. This is due to the availability of special tools from Tierion.

Wings

is the current DAO platform, which has already passed several ICO.
Look at how many projects are done on the wings and everything will be clear right away:
https://www.wings.ai/#!/home/discover

BitShares

BitShares is software.
To be precise, BitShares is a distributed, multi-user database with the ability to update, controlled by a certain set of rules and public key cryptography

BitShares is a network
A BitShares network can exist if there are at least two computers connected to the Internet. This distributed network of computers guarantees reliable protection of the database from failures. Each individual computer on the network contains a complete copy of the database of the entire network, so no one can change the public record

BitShares is the registry
The register is a database containing information about accounts and transfers between them. Every bank, company and organization dealing with finances has its own registry, which keeps track of who owns what. The BitShares registry is very reliable, because it operates under two levels of care: a highly distributed network that is completely transparent and protected by the latest cryptography.

BitShares is the Company
In the case of BitShares, the database monitors ownership of shares known as BTS. Each share can vote for delegates, the top 25 delegates after the vote takes responsibility for the operation of the software, maintaining the functionality of the network and a number of other tasks, for which it receives wages from shareholders. BitShares is a company that deals with the processing of transactions for a commission, the income from this business is distributed among the shareholders through the repurchase of shares.

BitShares is a stock exchange
The New York Stock Exchange is a company that maintains a register containing information about shareholders and debt obligations of companies. She earns money on commissions for transactions and issues her own shares. Like the New York Stock Exchange, BitShares allows people to monitor their shares or debts and trade them within a distributed registry.

BitShares is a bank
Banks are companies that maintain a register to track a debt with a security in the form of another asset, such as housing. This debt is calculated by the money spread all over the world, such as dollars, euros, yuan, etc. Banks receive revenue from interest accrual to borrowers and attract capital with interest payments to depositors. BitShares creates a dollar debt secured by a pledge in BTS. This dollar debt is BitAsset, namely BitUSD. BitShares supports any number of BitAssets, including BitGold, BitSilver, BitOil, etc. And whereas ordinary banking practice is an unsustainable business with partial redundancy, BitShares uses at least 175%, and often more than 300% of the reserve. While ordinary banks use illiquid assets to secure (pledge) debt obligations paid on demand, BitShares uses highly liquid BTS as collateral. While ordinary banks rely on taxpayers, the depositors of BitShares can directly claim a security.

BitShares is the currency
Anything can be used as money under certain circumstances. Gold, silver, giant stones, paper, debts, cigarettes - all this was used as money. Rich and influential often used as bearer shares (paper certificates of shares). In the case of BitShares, a huge amount of assets can be used as money, including BTS, BitUSD, BitGold and BitSilver. All these assets have the properties of homogeneity, divisibility, transportability and the inability to forge them.

Bitshares I will add for sure although this designer/coder has in the past not had a good track record with initial distribution i think bitshares was not so bad.

Wings again looks good. Please answer for this thread how was the initial distribution conducted was it ico or pow or how was it conducted. Initial distribution is VERY important.

Tierion - seems to pass well with everything... again please explain about the distribution and how it was conducted.

All projects added should have valid explanation of why they are classed as REAL projects. Distribution is KEY.

Bitshares I am adding now.

The others I await the distributional analysis.

noa06

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:02:48 PM

Cryptohunter, could you share with us why you are so attached to projects such as Bitbay and Blocknet with the same standard set up for the topic ?

Im on this forum since the end of march, and ive seen few bits and pieces of why this two projects are remarkable pioneer in their fields but it will be great to have a clear explanation of both in here, to expand community knowledge !

I believe that you followed both of this community for a long time so it ll be great to have you express your view with us  Cheesy
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:19:11 PM

Cryptohunter, could you share with us why you are so attached to projects such as Bitbay and Blocknet with the same standard set up for the topic ?

Im on this forum since the end of march, and ive seen few bits and pieces of why this two projects are remarkable pioneer in their fields but it will be great to have a clear explanation of both in here, to expand community knowledge !

I believe that you followed both of this community for a long time so it ll be great to have you express your view with us  Cheesy

Okay sure

Bitbay -

For those that are used to normal qt wallets like most cryto coins have then go and download the bitbay market place wallet. See the wealth of features and the immediate use case for those. DDE escrow and ebay like decentralised market place is just one tiny use case for this software.

If you think about it we are trying to create an end to end  decentralised trustless arena for commerce and trading of all things. Bitbay and blocknet (when fully functional with the new UI will bring vital missing pieces to complete that puzzle.

Now let me say I know both of these have a few competitors and I am not ruling those out. However I am more familiar with these ones than their competition. I am quite open and very happy to see any real projects added to this poll. I want ALL of the real projects that meet the sensible criteria listed to be added.

Making things fundamental things decentralised and trustless to me is more important than say other services others projects are working on but that does NOT mean they are less important to everyone here so they are free to add their chosen REAL projects that will meet the sensible criteria in the OP.

Bitbay ( i am not saying this is for everyone) but to me personally offers more than any other project on this board period including the top 10 (except perhaps ethereum) for its market cap. To me it is grossly undervalued considering what this developer is capable of. The feature list is all very useful and to some may seem over complex but these new complex spending and pegging options along with multi sig staking and all the new features just keep piling on and opening up to more and more use cases. The next big step will be the api and letting other dev teams build upon the bitbay core.

Blocknet is more of a wildcard because although they have proven working dex they are taking forever to get it all together but i am personally hoping for the best and as a personal thing only will be so pleased when we have decentralised real atomic exchanges so that area of needing trust where we can all be manipulated and scammed is eradicated. If blocknet does not bring it en mass then I will welcome any other project to do it for us. Their new ui does look great and i hope they get their ass into gear on the lite dex as well as the new ui. If this is as usable as i hope it will bring in a new era of trustless exchange .

Although I am invested in this and other similar projects I would welcome any new atomic exchange to take off. Immediate personal gain is of course my main drive like all of us but still i never put enough eggs in one basket to become too myopic and it will be great for any real atomic dex to take off in a big way the same as any real decentralised market place. Making all things decentralised and trustless is the new goal.

penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:23:19 PM

Really appreciate this thread and its objective - sort some wheat from so much chaff.  But, cryptohunter, you haven't explained the reasons for your choices.  Particularly interested in why Syscoin?
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:49:27 PM

Really appreciate this thread and its objective - sort some wheat from so much chaff.  But, cryptohunter, you haven't explained the reasons for your choices.  Particularly interested in why Syscoin?

cheers Smiley

Well okay I covered bitbay and blocknet - they were my personal reasons for liking those as I posted above.

Now sys although I don't own much of it I still believe it is a real project with a real developer who again is trying to create a trustless decentralised exchange and also many other useful features. That developer again is a proven skilled designer and coder and since i know about the project i thought even though it is kind of competition to bitbay (my fav) that I should list  it anyway because it seems to meet the criteria of a REAL project as per the criteria in the OP.

Komodo - again I don't have very much of this but this again is an atomic trade platform for trustless decentralised trading. So i added it in. JL777 is obviously another great developer too and seemingly a work aholic. So meets the real project criteria. I actually keep looking at their lite version (where you dont require the blockchain to use it) I was told this lite version is different to many other lite versions but since I am not a designer/dev i may not fully appreciate the value of this.

I am not saying which projects are better than others. For me I made it clear the ones i listed myself i have invested in because I believe them to be real projects. However I am actually hoping to benefit from others knowledge here that is far superior to my own to find out about some other Real projects before they hit the big time. If there are some better than I have listed that is great I have now another bit of investing to do in these new ones that become highlighted here.

The aim is for this thread to highlight the real projects here that have been hidden beneath piles of dreams and talk from dev teams with no real devs.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:21:22 AM

STEEMIT is the next big thing to happen in the altcoins community. A social media base blockchain where authors and commentators get cash for using the site.

Sorry I didn't see this one but I notice it now.

Well,,, steemit if this is steem the one I am a bit familiar with for me it perhaps fails on distribution.

I made a steem scam thread a few days after it was released. I will explain why.

So

The steem dev made it POW but didn't release a windows miner and did a few other things to make it very tough to mine indeed.
Someone managed to mine a big chunk so steem dev got mad and reversed it and started over because he didnlt like anyone else mining the tokens.

Now that would to me make it a total and utter scam. I thought it was at this point.

However now the dev says he needs to do this for legal reasons (not allowed to premine) and to get all the coins else the idea can't really work out I mean he has to pay the tokens to the posters from somewhere.

So that seems legit ....and i was thinking okay perhaps its not a big scam or not as bad as i thought.

Smooth also told me it is kind of unfair but that there was a full ledger for these tokens. I view smooth as pretty reliable so I finished off moaning about steem and forgot about it.

However someone once told me that steem was quite gameable and those with the vast bulks of the coins the devs and the smart people like smooth who worked out to mine a good amount without going crazy and taking the devs share ...got more power in upvoting and controlling the payouts etc. Now (not saying smooth himself did anything wrong because he seems quite a decent person to me) but others who would have the power to create other steem accounts and make sure those accounts were paid out nicely.... hmm just sounds a bit open to scamming to me. When things are open to scamming I prefer to call them a scam or at least a scheme. We are building trustless decentralised services here. I don't think there should be any point where trust is required. And if trust is never required then scamming is not possible. This is the kind of projects I like to encourage.

Now also this person makes bitshares, but leaves and starts steem, but leaves and makes eos? not saying this isnt allowed but all this jumping from one project to another seems ....hmmm

Now the disclaimer here on steem is.

1. I don't know if  this kind of gaming is not possible really and there are measures in place to prevent it. But i cant see how.
2. Steem seemed a great design and even some well known devs say the coding and design has merit.

This thread if for open analysis not to be just my opinion so i would love some very smart people to explain if steem was wide open to being a money making scheme by devs and the original handful of miners that grabbed all the tokens whilst others were held out on purpose. Or if that is not the case.

If it seems steem is clean then let's shoot it up on the poll. Perhaps it is okay and meets the real project criteria after all. To me the distribution doesnt look good.... but if im proven wrong then fair enough.

gredisgold88

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:21:06 AM

Dev Waves and game credit , seeing work the team so real. DEX from waves and token creation so easy. not only that, support from waves dev for new development in created token with waves an very helpful, transparency in devlopher waves is also good. while game credits goes according to what devs says. both of them dev work have a trusted team.
darkr

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:45:07 PM

I do believe that Waves in the next big thing, although these days it decreased a bit. Byteball Bytes seem to go on rising slowly. It had a jump, but then it stabilized. Bitcore has shown already its force.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcore/
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:03:30 PM

All good answers guys but can you suggest any the projects that satisfy the criteria in the OP.

How about cloak coin i am watching

what about the other anon coins like zcash, zcoin, cloak ,

Not sure about the distribution of those but if they were all pow with reasonable launch?

Are they still being actively developed

the usecase i guess is privacy

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:10:57 AM

Interesting poll results so far.

Lets try to keep this thread on the first page so that hopefully it will develop into a nice reference for finding the REAL projects.

Even if it is just discussing other projects or the polling results.

danielwwt

Activity: 122

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:49:34 AM

very interesting thread.

I will follow
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:12:14 PM

It is kind of worrying that this thread has been going for days and we have no really even managed to break more than 10 real projects from 1000's of them on this entire board that are real out side of the top 10. The top 10 itself it packed with scams and schemes too.

It therefore is very important we keep this thread on the first page of this sub forum because without it there new people are left to scramble through 10000s of non real projects that are essentially just promises or out right junk.

Make sure to vote and leave a comment on which you voted on in this thread.

Even better suggest another project that meets the criteria in the first post.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:14:43 PM

very interesting thread.

I will follow

Thanks, i hope others will too. Although to be honest the interest in real projects is a lot less than you would expect. I mean this is an open invitation for people to list their REAL projects and as yet there have only been 3 additional ones added that could meet the criteria on the OP.

noa06

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:30:29 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2017, 07:44:01 PM by noa06

Ola dudes and dudette,

Im back with a new project in the IOT realm of possibilties this time, a freshly finished ICO but already a working RFID product and an actual real buisness plateform in the baby food industry : WABI

Walimai is releasing WaBi tokens on their ICO. WaBi is a product focused around building a safe retail channel to combat the fake products that plague Asia. Blockchain technology is used in combination with RFID tags that guarantees that the product is real. If the seal breaks the blockchain registers that it is a no longer a genuine product.

The market for these products is obviously huge, because people are willing to pay a lot for genuine products such as babyfood, and alcohol. This is where the WaBi token comes into play. The WaBi tokens are used as payment for the Walimai protected products. Paying with WaBi grants additional benefits: discounts, improved delivery terms and bonus WaBi points with every purchase. This can all be done by using the Walimai mobile app which is available to the Apple store, Google play, QQ store and Baidu app store. Coins can be obtained by consumers through the purchase of Walimai protected products or by participating in other marketing activities. The problem WaBi Is trying to solve is about the 461 billion USD of imported fake goods that are in circulation globally. In China there have been numerous scandals about fake food products. to give a few examples there are fake eggs, fake alcohol you name it.

Now lets get to how they want to solve this problem.  

The Walimai label is applied at a designated ‘point of origin’ along the supply chain. This links the product with its digital representation on the blockchain. This will contain the Encrypted unique ID , the Dynamic Code and the Geographical Data after consumers have scanned the item with the Walimai app. This also means that a set of digital objects is stored in the cloud and that data from consumer scans are checked against their digital state. Digital and physical objects are constantly synchronised and products with the Walimai label are sold on a known location. Consumers scan the label with the Walimai app and find all the data in there again, while updating its state.

Now this is where it gets more interesting;  

WaBi actually already has a working product and has done trial sales already on JD.com. JD.com, a chinese website with 370million monthly visitors, has even contacted them to ask how they got such a high customer return rate. The moms, that they are targetting to sell verified safe babyfood to, are very happy with WaBi. Wabi is managed by an amazing team, the CEO has worked for McKinsey and the team has years of experience in supply chain management and the infant food industry specifically. This particularly shows when the business model is explained. The biggest problem all companies face when trying to implement anti-counterfeit measures is that raising the expenditure for packaging is not seen as acceptable. changing the supply chain is a horrendous experience which results in most companies to just choose a QR code. However, time after time it has been proven that QR codes can be faked. The Wabi team therefor builds a B2C channel instead of a B2B channel and leverages the great demand for safe products to lure retailers to join the platform.

it is also worth mentioning that there are some seriously interesting advisors on their team that have worked with MasterCard, Goldman Sachs and even Alieexpress.  

In the PRE-ICO $300,000 worth of tokens were sold at $0.03 each. WaBi has offered to buy back these tokens at the ICO-price of 0,25 USD. Considering WTC was 0.653 cents during the ico offering i believe Wabi could at least pull a x10.

This means that WaBi sold during the PreICO will be either locked up for 3 or 6 months after the ICO (for 5% or 10% bonus respectively, out of founders’ token allocation) or bought back by WaBi Project at 25 USD cent per WaBi after the ICO and before the token is placed on exchanges. This is to prevent a dump from happening upon becoming available on the exchanges.

8M tokens will be distributed among the founders, team members and bounties The remaining 35M tokens will be reserved for the mining process such as purchasing Walimai protected products. WaBi starts being traded on exchanges shortly after the ICO and has said to get on exchanges that investors find the most convenient to use. In total WaBi is looking for 11,5M funding - which is considered to be very, very low.

Video links :

- https://youtu.be/N9uLWrsEuCU --> product presentation
- https://youtu.be/YUBKHAkqNxY --> consummers opinions

Most of this post ia a copy/paste of one post that i saw on reddit which i think explain really well the general concept of the token and project : )

Hope you like the idea !!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: