Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:10:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which alts are REAL prospects  ..they exist ..they are coded out ..they are functional  (they are not just dreams and bullshit white papers) and have a REAL usecase...also add your own project so long as it meets the criteria in the first POST. Let's aim
Bitbay - 56 (11.1%)
Blocknet - 45 (8.9%)
Byteball - 110 (21.9%)
PivX - 37 (7.4%)
Komodo - 47 (9.3%)
Sys - 34 (6.8%)
Waves - 92 (18.3%)
Game credits - 19 (3.8%)
Bitshares - 25 (5%)
Ardor - 38 (7.6%)
Total Voters: 321

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE ONLY ALTS THAT ARE REAL PROJECTS HERE !!!!---------CURRENT JULY 2018!! POLL!  (Read 10543 times)
Justin Biebers

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:48:20 AM

No IOTA listed... oh it's its cryptohunter Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:12:36 AM

Iota being mentioned by iota sock puppet .... oh its justin beibers Smiley

try reading the OP

No coins in the top 10 (even fake volume fake price ones)
No untested centralised tech
No schemes or scams.

But thanks for the bump. However if iota (when iota) crashed out of the top 10 if the community wanted it listed here I would add it after voicing my opinion loudly about it. Still it the majority wanted it here it would be listed.

We are trying to find

Decentralised trustless projects with a real use case that are not in the top 10. If you know of any and can stop spamming a centralised hyped schemes for just one of your posts feel free to suggest one.

Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 12:00:54 PM

IOTA's security was badly broken, their devs are not trustworthy. Even if IOTA was not an obvious pump-and-dump ICO scam they would still not deserve to be in this list due to the low quality of their code.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:34:06 PM

IOTA's security was badly broken, their devs are not trustworthy. Even if IOTA was not an obvious pump-and-dump ICO scam they would still not deserve to be in this list due to the low quality of their code.

These puppets are everywhere and far too obvious.

Lets not let them distract us by unproven centralised tech

SaintFlow

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:43:53 PM

iota ...

Thank you, I was beginning to question my sanity because of "their" CMC spike in the last 48 hours. I was almost about to give a shit.

Honestly though, DAG1 isn't DAG2. Just like "democracy" 1 isn't the same as "democracy" 2.

@justin b. : Best of luck. Currently you should be more than compensated. Hope you know how a prisioners dillemma works. Hope you will never need the knowledge.

Centralisation in DAGs in general is somewhat new territory. I have heared conversations that pointed out that a DAG is by definition centralized and Byteball is the most centralized project among them all.

Weirdly enough being a Byteball witness is a loosing proposition because the tiny tiny "oh god" transaction cost, a guardian against spam/floud (remember it can and will scale and so will the floud) does not yet cover your expenses. Therefore Anton Churyumoff (Byteball lead developer) still runs most of the witenesses, except 2.

And noone is applying as far as I know. Why am I not concerned? Because their are enough hubs. And turning a hub into a witness is according to one of the witnesses (@portabella) trivial. Except you expect the witnesses to be "always on"! Any one user only needs one witness

By the way, a witeness cannot change a transaction. Just
validate seniority by timestamp.

don't let me make you question your assumptions
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:23:16 PM

iota ...

Thank you, I was beginning to question my sanity because of "their" CMC spike in the last 48 hours. I was almost about to give a shit.

Honestly though, DAG1 isn't DAG2. Just like "democracy" 1 isn't the same as "democracy" 2.

@justin b. : Best of luck. Currently you should be more than compensated. Hope you know how a prisioners dillemma works. Hope you will never need the knowledge.

Centralisation in DAGs in general is somewhat new territory. I have heared conversations that pointed out that a DAG is by definition centralized and Byteball is the most centralized project among them all.

Weirdly enough being a Byteball witness is a loosing proposition because the tiny tiny "oh god" transaction cost, a guardian against spam/floud (remember it can and will scale and so will the floud) does not yet cover your expenses. Therefore Anton Churyumoff (Byteball lead developer) still runs most of the witenesses, except 2.

And noone is applying as far as I know. Why am I not concerned? Because their are enough hubs. And turning a hub into a witness is according to one of the witnesses (@portabella) trivial. Except you expect the witnesses to be "always on"! Any one user only needs one witness

By the way, a witeness cannot change a transaction. Just
validate seniority by timestamp.

Good information there.

Nice to get discussions going regarding the listed projects.

I am not a skilled conceptual designer nor coder actually not even technical enough to understand these designs at a deep or even semi deep level.

So it's nice to get cliff notes and descriptions of the tech given by different people.

I always wondered about xby if that was anything novel and worth a look. However I asked on another thread and someone said it was a load of ...how did he put it now..... " word salad" and hand waving. So that did sound promising at all since the guy sounded pretty much like a crypto buff.

Of course always good to have a 2nd opinion though. Anyone else analysed this who has the skill set to determine if it is design worth looking at? or just a load of word salad and nonsense?

Could be one under the radar although again not sure about the distribution of that either.

DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:26:34 PM

Technically not an altcoin but I'm going to go ahead and nominate CRYPTOKITTIES to the poll.

1. First blockchain game on Ethereum
2. First ever DAPP that, while pushing ethereum's transaction scaling issues, is a great example of why ethereum is a real working platform for smart contracts and dapps
3. Appealing to a massive demographic that allow's newcomers get familiarized with crypto in a fun and friendly way
heidabyr

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:55:39 PM

Blocknet
xx-man

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:03:54 PM

I see the Altcoin option, and I chose Byteball, because I saw Byteball very well in their trades, I believe Byteball is a very good future to invest, but that's just my opinion because I still survive in Byteball trading until now.
SaintFlow

Activity: 476

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:19:36 AM

Perhaps there is one more point I can drive home about Byteballs design. It took me a while to see it and it is actually very fundamental. It is a point about Bitcoins relation to its mining pools: Bitcoin is as centralized as the central organizing/coordinating device of a mining pool.

Saying Byteball is centralized because of the witnesses is a doubtfull argument because:
A Bitcoin mining pool with 51% is the chain. Thats why they need to have several for decentralisation and it is mere social agreement that 51% is "Bad", but it certainly is centralisation. A (block)chain/line is the simplest geometry to represent TIME!
A witness shows direction of the DAG (directed Acyclo "meaning not ring/round" Graph) and therefore prevents cyclical states in the graph (No time/No Progression). So do the other witnesses and inform each other that they told some of the Byteball Bytes what time it is (by posting "units"/please refer to whitepaper for technical). Knowing time prevents the double spend. It also makes transactions fast fast fast.
In a sense you do everything yourself. No pool no nothing. But your witness tells you WHEN! you did it. So you know about NOW! Thats consensus.
Its fundamental. Its stupidly simple. Yet all Blockchains basically are a stupid linear clocks that hashes like crazy to prove you have done work and say what happend last. Because thats also how you distribute the Bitcoins and call it reward. And all you can do is walk a line and be in a chain. Thats why I call POW coins prisioners of work.

Byteballs 12 witness (the number is arbitrary and could be changed up or down within some limits) only sounds centralized. Perhaps it is not all arbitrary because we used 12 to tell time for a good portion of history. Would you really need even 12 Bitcoin Pools???

In the current state of Bitcoin you could almost stop the network by strategically taking out the mining pool coordinators of the biggest pool one after the other. In a sense Bitcoingold with its difficulty re-adjustment every block is no mear snake oil and may very well be way ahead of bitcoin ("Classic") if certain anti pool cenarios come to pass.... Likelyhood almost 0 unless someone wants to see crypto burn and goes after the pools.

I mined in a pool with a hd5830 when it still made sense and I already did point out how the Bitcoin Eco system did progress down to ASIC clusters mining lords that meet to agree and disagree on protocol changes (Segwit etc.) or forks.
For me bitcoin always was "the protocol". The mining pools were a way to contribute and recieve airdrop for the contribution. I never questioned the "why" because it was just the way it was. You have to mine and thats how you contribute and thats how you decentralise.

These 3 things:
1. decentralisation
2. distribution/Mining reward/airdrop and
3. contribution/community
where one thing.

Byteball has restructured them. Somewhat similar, somewhat radically different and somehow way more effective.

And it is by this that it is also no coincidence that the Byteball community is friendly, helpfull and not diseased with hype and buzz. A calm sense of progress is so symptomatic for Byteballs community and its organic growth. This is why so much was achieved in one year. 2018 may very well be a good year for Byteball. It takes time to be noticed by those who just have attention for the next Buzz. And why ask for attention If you can use it to grow the project?
Sorry if this implies a certain critic around the nature of this very thread  Grin It is not intended because getting 1000 votes is a worthy goal.

Let every sock puppet have a vote. Eventually we will trade fundamentals and Byteball will get over the pain of fast deployment (that Airdrop pressed on the value hard!). After all, magick internet money will be magick internet money.

...Listens to the song of the 🐋🐋 🐋 🐋 🐋 .....

don't let me make you question your assumptions
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:25:59 AM

Perhaps there is one more point I can drive home about Byteballs design. It took me a while to see it and it is actually very fundamental. It is a point about Bitcoins relation to its mining pools: Bitcoin is as centralized as the central organizing/coordinating device of a mining pool.

Saying Byteball is centralized because of the witnesses is a doubtfull argument because:
A Bitcoin mining pool with 51% is the chain. Thats why they need to have several for decentralisation and it is mere social agreement that 51% is "Bad", but it certainly is centralisation. A (block)chain/line is the simplest geometry to represent TIME!
A witness shows direction of the DAG (directed Acyclo "meaning not ring/round" Graph) and therefore prevents cyclical states in the graph (No time/No Progression). So do the other witnesses and inform each other that they told some of the Byteball Bytes what time it is (by posting "units"/please refer to whitepaper for technical). Knowing time prevents the double spend. It also makes transactions fast fast fast.
In a sense you do everything yourself. No pool no nothing. But your witness tells you WHEN! you did it. So you know about NOW! Thats consensus.
Its fundamental. Its stupidly simple. Yet all Blockchains basically are a stupid linear clocks that hashes like crazy to prove you have done work and say what happend last. Because thats also how you distribute the Bitcoins and call it reward. And all you can do is walk a line and be in a chain. Thats why I call POW coins prisioners of work.

Byteballs 12 witness (the number is arbitrary and could be changed up or down within some limits) only sounds centralized. Perhaps it is not all arbitrary because we used 12 to tell time for a good portion of history. Would you really need even 12 Bitcoin Pools???

In the current state of Bitcoin you could almost stop the network by strategically taking out the mining pool coordinators of the biggest pool one after the other. In a sense Bitcoingold with its difficulty re-adjustment every block is no mear snake oil and may very well be way ahead of bitcoin ("Classic") if certain anti pool cenarios come to pass.... Likelyhood almost 0 unless someone wants to see crypto burn and goes after the pools.

I mined in a pool with a hd5830 when it still made sense and I already did point out how the Bitcoin Eco system did progress down to ASIC clusters mining lords that meet to agree and disagree on protocol changes (Segwit etc.) or forks.
For me bitcoin always was "the protocol". The mining pools were a way to contribute and recieve airdrop for the contribution. I never questioned the "why" because it was just the way it was. You have to mine and thats how you contribute and thats how you decentralise.

These 3 things:
1. decentralisation
2. distribution/Mining reward/airdrop and
3. contribution/community
where one thing.

Byteball has restructured them. Somewhat similar, somewhat radically different and somehow way more effective.

And it is by this that it is also no coincidence that the Byteball community is friendly, helpfull and not diseased with hype and buzz. A calm sense of progress is so symptomatic for Byteballs community and its organic growth. This is why so much was achieved in one year. 2018 may very well be a good year for Byteball. It takes time to be noticed by those who just have attention for the next Buzz. And why ask for attention If you can use it to grow the project?
Sorry if this implies a certain critic around the nature of this very thread  Grin It is not intended because getting 1000 votes is a worthy goal.

Let every sock puppet have a vote. Eventually we will trade fundamentals and Byteball will get over the pain of fast deployment (that Airdrop pressed on the value hard!). After all, magick internet money will be magick internet money.

...Listens to the song of the 🐋🐋 🐋 🐋 🐋 .....

Awesome post. Actually this is quite educational and interesting to many i'm sure. You don't even have to leave this thread for a nice over view of some of the projects design features and strengths.

These kind of posts actually do assist people in making up their minds to vote and it would be great if others made some posts like this about the other REAL projects. I know BB is so radically different perhaps from btc that it needs greater explanation since many of the others are based loosely around btcs design. But still a detailed hightlight of each project would be great.

1000 votes would be great. I have not seen many polls here reach that I think a few have. Perhaps over time we can exceed that and also scour for every REAL project out there. If we could (big if) grow this thread to be a real pit of analysis that separates real from vapor (not meaning they will never exist just do not yet) and outright schemes and scams it would encourage other projects to distribute well and produce working functional projects with real use cases as quickly as possible.

Also if we hear even a hint of scam or bad news coming along they can be removed and a warning placed straight away.

I get what you are saying about sock puppets too. I guess the only way would be to not have poll like this ..but the poll is created after review of view cast on thread and background analysis on each account especially low post new accounts, then the OP is updated manually. This would be quite considerable work and also still not 100%. Would be far more accurate though.

bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:27:40 AM

When DASH evolution comes out, it's going to be the paypal killer.
Then DASH will is one of next big thing for us in 2018.
More and more surprise will come with it

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:36:21 AM

Technically not an altcoin but I'm going to go ahead and nominate CRYPTOKITTIES to the poll.

1. First blockchain game on Ethereum
2. First ever DAPP that, while pushing ethereum's transaction scaling issues, is a great example of why ethereum is a real working platform for smart contracts and dapps
3. Appealing to a massive demographic that allow's newcomers get familiarized with crypto in a fun and friendly way

I would like to hear others thoughts on this one since I have no idea about .... well anything about it.

How was it distributed?

is it even a project people can invest in?

It seems it has a REAL use case and is developed but the other 2 would need to be there....

If it meets the criteria in the OP

( i might need to update the criteria because I had assumed people would post projects where investment can be made) perhaps you can invest in crytpokitties and hold it like and alt I just hadnt looked at it or heard of it.

Sorry if these sound strange questions

I hope others familiar with it can chime in but sure it's possible to add if other think it meets the criteria or you can demonstrate it is suitable to be put with other REAL alt projects people can invest in.

thanks for the suggestion.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:35:07 AM

118 votes but still some way to go

delitte

Activity: 168

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:39:19 AM

Altcoins are the next Big thing because Cryptocurrencies that is not Bitcoin is called Altcoins that is an alternative coins.
(that's very specific statement)
As mentioned in the first comment and the poll votes indicates or listed the top Altcoins that is going to be the next Big thing but it's very hard to point out this time if you're not sure about the real future of that particular Cryptocurrency.
I think Ethereum or Bitcoin Cash will be, not by their coin price but the price history itself.

delitte

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:42:26 AM

antshares? that is such an old name yet it is so new, we are olding

Some Altcoins are very old like created while Bitcoin isn't that expensive. Like LiteCoin in 2013 and the Anstshares is also an ancient coin but struggling to be on top due to rivalries.

delitte

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:44:56 AM

When DASH evolution comes out, it's going to be the paypal killer.
Then DASH will is one of next big thing for us in 2018.
More and more surprise will come with it

I was little surprised about Dash, I thought it couldn't make it this through but it did, it was pumped really hard and well supported bt it's community. The team has the best role for their success.
Yes, I think about Dash will be, but I fully because there are so many good coin players around specially Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:06:01 PM

antshares? that is such an old name yet it is so new, we are olding

antshares is that neo now?

anyway yes please present a case for it using the structure in the OP

the distribution is very important too.

Was it open ended?/

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:46:18 PM

120 votes not bad but for 3000 views we should have a few more vote or some projects suggested. Else people are simply investing in unproven dreams or just the top 10 (some of those are iffy)

Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:44:09 PM

120 votes not bad but for 3000 views we should have a few more vote or some projects suggested. Else people are simply investing in unproven dreams or just the top 10 (some of those are iffy)

I'm not surprised this is going slow. We all know this forum is filled with schill accounts. And the real projects normally don't hire shills. And many of the old boys don't bother reading here anymore because you have to read through so much bs for every good post you find. But keep it up. This thread is worth having.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: