Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:42:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which alts are REAL prospects  ..they exist ..they are coded out ..they are functional  (they are not just dreams and bullshit white papers) and have a REAL usecase...also add your own project so long as it meets the criteria in the first POST. Let's aim
Bitbay - 56 (11.1%)
Blocknet - 45 (8.9%)
Byteball - 110 (21.9%)
PivX - 37 (7.4%)
Komodo - 47 (9.3%)
Sys - 34 (6.8%)
Waves - 92 (18.3%)
Game credits - 19 (3.8%)
Bitshares - 25 (5%)
Ardor - 38 (7.6%)
Total Voters: 321

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE ONLY ALTS THAT ARE REAL PROJECTS HERE !!!!---------CURRENT JULY 2018!! POLL!  (Read 10548 times)
hackzang12

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:24:09 PM

I choose Waves they have real project and its proven. right now it didn't pump. i think this is a sleeping giant.. time will come people will think this coin has a real use cases.. NG protocol and Smart contracts of Waves will be huge in the coming weeks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:52:29 PM

Hey, guys!

Loving this thread, actually registered just so i can join here, after 7 months of reading a lot of nonsense in other threads.   

So, with only 7 months under my belt I feel far from confident enough to make a solid analysis, and would therefore like to ask if any of you have looked into XSPEC and DNA? To me they both seem to need a lot more development, but have a pretty clear goal.

Hi All, Likewise here. I'm relatively new to Crypto and have been reading through the threads / doing my own research for last 9 months or so. Finally after much nonsence/promotion/ etc I decided to register in particular for this thread as we need more initiatives like this one to discuss useful projects in detail instead of promoting your own coin with no reasoning behind it.

Obviously I'm not allowed to vote but would personally go for ByteBall (yes i have an interest in it already). Think its great what the team are doing and definitely see a bright future.

Also wanted to thank CryptoHunter and others involved for collating useful information which is a great starting point for self research.

Keep it up!

Thanks for the kind appreciation.

We will do our best together to monitor all REAL projects that could be the next big thing.

the_viper

Activity: 315
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:59:52 PM

I have another opinion, I didn't choose those coin on that list. I observed a coin which has good progress. The coin is XCPO, for me it will as big as ethereum because the developer of this coin is still active to make their coin price up.
Kita Kita

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:15:29 PM

This thread is very helpful to understand how many people here definite of what an ideal coin.
There is still no doubt that waves is  the next big thing in cryptoworld, and we all know that this year is we will be a great year for altcoins and i think waves is we will rise its value or price thisnyear 2018 and when that will happen i will be really happy because i have been investing on waves.

A re'volutionary decentralized digital economy 
Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
grever

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:48:08 PM

Today we faced some small corrections in crypto world which we dont like Smiley
If you want to start trading without your own investment you should yoin @Viberate. Their rewardin system Works great.

Today i earned 135 VIB tokens and if I assume all rewards from past 2 months I reached 4500VIB's today. Really a great reward.

You can register here and start :

https://www.viberate.com/referrals/ce18a51e_8544c552_daed2202

Read about how to earn VIB's here:

http://bitcoinist.com/viberate-launches-community-rewards-program-worth-one-million-dollars/
https://change-underground.com/viberate-free-crypto/

VIBE price:
$0,546214 USD (-16.42%)
0.00003683 BTC (-7.52%)
0.00049453 ETH (-17.53%)
Sevaev

Activity: 406
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:02:45 PM

Voted for bitshares, ardor and komodo. These are strong platforms that will show significant growth in 2018. Also, do not forget about the leaders as an ETH or EOS.
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:34:31 AM

@grever
Stop spaming this thread. There are thousands of other threads on this forum that were created for shilling. Use one of those instead.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:42:57 PM

votes still trickling in ... strange with a board of 100's of thousands how few real votes on such an important poll

thebitter

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:56:08 PM

I believe in Waves! Definitely gonna be big in 2018
grever

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:06:29 PM

VIB token just got listed on OKEx exchange.
https://support.okex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003874432-OKEx-Launches-SHOW-VIB-MOT-UTK-MAG

We can allready see some price correction.

Viberate (VIB)
$0,661444 USD (22.86%)
0.00004490 BTC (23.20%)
0.00055695 ETH (11.07%)

Become a part of @Viberate comunity and earn some money.
galz2017

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:14:07 PM

UNIFY and RUPX.
very low max supply.pos.good coins and community.
unify is up x100(!!) in a few months(from 0.006 to 0.6)
unify has maximum coins of 19 million.marketcap is near 4 million.
bittrex and cex.io are planning to add this coin soon.
10 $ easy by june 2019.
join chat:
https://t.me/joinchat/FYtJO0Ls6GxxJSvdXxjIeQ
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:56:23 PM

let's keep discussions to coins that meet the REAL projects criteria or is at the very least a possibility of meeting those criteria

slovenc92

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:48:57 PM

I think the next best thing is @Viberate. www.viberate.com
alex_mercer

Activity: 37
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:10:50 PM

It would be great to add a few more real projects that have potential to be the next big thing.... but as yet they seem impossible to locate

Real project, with actual usecase, product in testnet (April to mainnet), under the radar (below/around 100m mcap atm): SHIFT
Look into it, easy $100. They're going to start marketing this Q because they wanted to have a product (Phantom) first. Their own site https://www.shiftnrg.org/#/ is now hosted on Phantom.
Phantom works with IPFS, that means a decentralized internet. Read their newsletters and their roadmap, you won't be dissapointed. You'll wonder why it's still so low.
Check it out.

Also, end of the month is a whitepaper release and next week they will add dates to their roadmap. It's very promising. They didn't have an ICO, but started working from scratch.
Decentralized internet? I suppose it doesn't use a blockchain. How could people store hundreds of terabytes per day if they have a full node?
Qrivium

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:26:50 PM

Holla CH,

So I started loooking at Bitbay.  Have not downloaded the client wallet yet, as it doesn't seem to work with my ipad, so will do it later on the desktop.   I have some questions

1) There are several projects in this space.  Some focused on specific market such as Augur is on prediction markets and others such as bitbay which offer several ways to engage with the platform.   I know you love bitbay, but why do you think it is better than its competitors? And aside from Bitbay what other project in this space do you like?  Just adding as I look into this more but seems quite a few in this space and with quite a bit of tech dev.  Sys, KMD, NXT and market specigic such as Augur.    Obviously, they will not all succeed -  We don't have multiple ebays.  How to pick winners from this bunch, and I am sure there are more I have not looked at yet.   For me the criteria includes:   Strong Vision, Proven Tech, Strong Team, Branding and Buzz (first mover advantage can not be underestimated) Funding.  Yes, funding is important as having deep pockets will help get you out of the gate faster, reach a critical mass quicker, and pull away from others in the field.    Given that wondering CH how you think the main players in the field stack up to each other?

2) My initial understanding is bitbay solves one of the current problems preventing buyers and sellers from using coins to buy/sell X, and that is price fluctuation.  Bay has a rolling peg.  How does this work?  How does it effect the price of the coin for people holding Bay as an investment?

3) Bay pitches itself as ebay without the fees.  How does Bay make money?

4) Bay pitches itself as ebay without the scams.  To buy/sell on Bay you have to put up a deposit.  Over time as trust is built the size of deposit decreases, but to begin let's look at newbie seller/buyer.   So if S is selling X for $100, S puts $100 in deposit.  B also puts $100 deposit and sends S $100 for X.  If S doesn't send X he loses deposit.  If B does not complete contract or something he also loses deposit.    In the example I used it is small change, but when bigger ticket $$$$ items are being sold and S has multiple items up for sale then S will have a cash flow problem because so much of S money tied up.  Possible it is not feasible for S or B to use the market as too much money tied up in deposits.     Is that your understanding of how it works CH or does it work differently?  

Look forward to hearing your response and learning more about Bay

Hi these are GREAT questions indeed.

These are only my personal views and since I am not a high level designer or coder then these answers are not to be taken on face value you must investigate and verify them yourselves ...

OKay, so firstly I do love bitbay. However not essentially for just the reasons people may think. I also love many other of the projects you mention too. All of the REAL projects out there are certainly worth personal and individual investigation.
I don't see some of those as direct competitors to bitbay. Sys is aiming at similar things and I like that too but the approach is different. The reason I simply bought more bay was because it was 6x smaller cap at the time and I do like his approach too. However both devs are in a HANDFUL of what I would term super devs here. Investigate all the real projects here sys too he is another top top level developer.

The decentralised market places are not really the only feather in their caps. They are both expanding into many other things. The important thing to realise here is if you have a SUPER dev (komodo has one too) then they can design and code out many different things and the project is very dynamic. For example I have heard DZ (bitbay dev) say he is analysing all different approaches dpos, vb's latest ideas on scaling , hash graphs (although these are patented) all kinds of things and is deciding how next to improve bay once he has finished with the dynamic pegging.

Now just back to the double deposit escrow system just briefly because although the basic principle can be simple the applications and permutations of it are far to expansive for this thread and indeed probably my mind. Full explanation of it in depth would best come from DZ himself. However what you say could be the case if there were any rules set in stone. It is fully adaptable according the seller and buyer they can adapt the double deposit escrow settings as they like. Also combined with a reputation system you start to see that you can ask for the completion guarantee you feel is suitable. It is simply a way for it to make it very difficult if not impossible for a person to scam you and make financial gain himself. To me it is a great idea and is the only trustless way to have a decentralised market place. The design is also very interesting if you examine it as it makes use of bitmessage.

Really though it is a way to conduct trustless contracts and the applications that could be built upon the bitbay core as you can image are vast. Really vast. I believe bitbay was the first smart contract system. It is not as complex as of course ETH but the core functionality is there for so many things and sometimes simple can be very very beneficial as long as it gets the job done. Don't get me wrong even DZ says ETH is a monster bit of work.

So next the pegging - I don't mind admitting this rolling dynamic pegging system and the exact mechanisms its works upon are beyond my understanding. However stability in value is the key aim within certain parameters. It seeks I believe to smooth greatly huge fluctuations rather than bolster to a fixed price.

Even those things are not really my key reason for loving it so much. It has decentralised governance it , i mean really all the key things you need in a trustless decentralised project. But more than all this I have simply come to believe if he wants something new in the design he will make it. So that is the key thing for me with all of these. Locate developers that have a PROVEN and TESTED track record of being able to take new ideas an implement them into the design. His plans for bay are quite huge but again a lot of what he says is beyond my immediate understanding. I have been watching them beefing up the team lately too and the best part is the developer is the most responsive developer on thread I have found. You can ask him anything and he come and explains it right away.

I like bitbay a lot I like lots of these real projects it would be incorrect to say that I thought it was superior technically to some of the others only listed here due to my realisation that an average joe only has only small hope of differentiation at a deep deep technical level. I simply see you can say hey why don't we have decentralised voting and governance then he says sure and makes it happen. Even though he was busy coding other features.. He see's something new that could be beneficial like cold staking for super security- not long later bay has it.

Really though I say you must all download the actual bitbay wallet (not the qt the fully functioning bay wallet) and test it out and watch the videos how to use it. I do think there is vast room for improvement on the UI and some of it is complex for the average user but those complex features are just there for those that do need that power. I know they are improving and adapting it constantly. I am looking foward to david finishing the pegging because i know that is a huge and complex piece of work... and adding more of the exciting things he has mentioned.

To me it certainly was the best value project out there and still presents outstanding value compared to dreams and talk fantasy projects out there. Let me say if he wanted to make a dreams and talk white paper he certainly could. Ask him about anything crypto related or that any project has proposed. You will see there is nothing much out there that he can not grasp.

So anyway yeah.... don't just listen to my personal reasons for liking bitbay go and investigate it all in depth and any questions you realise are beyond my scope then david would have no issue answering you in depth. If people investigate it and think its not as good as another project then they must go for the other project. I am always looking around and still don't see any projects better value. That's just my view.

All real projects are worth investigation for sure.

Happy New Year CH.  Busy over the holidays and missed your wonderful and thoughtful  response.  thank you,and yes will post some of my questions to the bay team direct.  Wishing you a huge CH 2018🌝🌝
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:23:45 PM

Holla CH,

So I started loooking at Bitbay.  Have not downloaded the client wallet yet, as it doesn't seem to work with my ipad, so will do it later on the desktop.   I have some questions

1) There are several projects in this space.  Some focused on specific market such as Augur is on prediction markets and others such as bitbay which offer several ways to engage with the platform.   I know you love bitbay, but why do you think it is better than its competitors? And aside from Bitbay what other project in this space do you like?  Just adding as I look into this more but seems quite a few in this space and with quite a bit of tech dev.  Sys, KMD, NXT and market specigic such as Augur.    Obviously, they will not all succeed -  We don't have multiple ebays.  How to pick winners from this bunch, and I am sure there are more I have not looked at yet.   For me the criteria includes:   Strong Vision, Proven Tech, Strong Team, Branding and Buzz (first mover advantage can not be underestimated) Funding.  Yes, funding is important as having deep pockets will help get you out of the gate faster, reach a critical mass quicker, and pull away from others in the field.    Given that wondering CH how you think the main players in the field stack up to each other?

2) My initial understanding is bitbay solves one of the current problems preventing buyers and sellers from using coins to buy/sell X, and that is price fluctuation.  Bay has a rolling peg.  How does this work?  How does it effect the price of the coin for people holding Bay as an investment?

3) Bay pitches itself as ebay without the fees.  How does Bay make money?

4) Bay pitches itself as ebay without the scams.  To buy/sell on Bay you have to put up a deposit.  Over time as trust is built the size of deposit decreases, but to begin let's look at newbie seller/buyer.   So if S is selling X for $100, S puts $100 in deposit.  B also puts $100 deposit and sends S $100 for X.  If S doesn't send X he loses deposit.  If B does not complete contract or something he also loses deposit.    In the example I used it is small change, but when bigger ticket $$$$ items are being sold and S has multiple items up for sale then S will have a cash flow problem because so much of S money tied up.  Possible it is not feasible for S or B to use the market as too much money tied up in deposits.     Is that your understanding of how it works CH or does it work differently?  

Look forward to hearing your response and learning more about Bay

Hi these are GREAT questions indeed.

These are only my personal views and since I am not a high level designer or coder then these answers are not to be taken on face value you must investigate and verify them yourselves ...

OKay, so firstly I do love bitbay. However not essentially for just the reasons people may think. I also love many other of the projects you mention too. All of the REAL projects out there are certainly worth personal and individual investigation.
I don't see some of those as direct competitors to bitbay. Sys is aiming at similar things and I like that too but the approach is different. The reason I simply bought more bay was because it was 6x smaller cap at the time and I do like his approach too. However both devs are in a HANDFUL of what I would term super devs here. Investigate all the real projects here sys too he is another top top level developer.

The decentralised market places are not really the only feather in their caps. They are both expanding into many other things. The important thing to realise here is if you have a SUPER dev (komodo has one too) then they can design and code out many different things and the project is very dynamic. For example I have heard DZ (bitbay dev) say he is analysing all different approaches dpos, vb's latest ideas on scaling , hash graphs (although these are patented) all kinds of things and is deciding how next to improve bay once he has finished with the dynamic pegging.

Now just back to the double deposit escrow system just briefly because although the basic principle can be simple the applications and permutations of it are far to expansive for this thread and indeed probably my mind. Full explanation of it in depth would best come from DZ himself. However what you say could be the case if there were any rules set in stone. It is fully adaptable according the seller and buyer they can adapt the double deposit escrow settings as they like. Also combined with a reputation system you start to see that you can ask for the completion guarantee you feel is suitable. It is simply a way for it to make it very difficult if not impossible for a person to scam you and make financial gain himself. To me it is a great idea and is the only trustless way to have a decentralised market place. The design is also very interesting if you examine it as it makes use of bitmessage.

Really though it is a way to conduct trustless contracts and the applications that could be built upon the bitbay core as you can image are vast. Really vast. I believe bitbay was the first smart contract system. It is not as complex as of course ETH but the core functionality is there for so many things and sometimes simple can be very very beneficial as long as it gets the job done. Don't get me wrong even DZ says ETH is a monster bit of work.

So next the pegging - I don't mind admitting this rolling dynamic pegging system and the exact mechanisms its works upon are beyond my understanding. However stability in value is the key aim within certain parameters. It seeks I believe to smooth greatly huge fluctuations rather than bolster to a fixed price.

Even those things are not really my key reason for loving it so much. It has decentralised governance it , i mean really all the key things you need in a trustless decentralised project. But more than all this I have simply come to believe if he wants something new in the design he will make it. So that is the key thing for me with all of these. Locate developers that have a PROVEN and TESTED track record of being able to take new ideas an implement them into the design. His plans for bay are quite huge but again a lot of what he says is beyond my immediate understanding. I have been watching them beefing up the team lately too and the best part is the developer is the most responsive developer on thread I have found. You can ask him anything and he come and explains it right away.

I like bitbay a lot I like lots of these real projects it would be incorrect to say that I thought it was superior technically to some of the others only listed here due to my realisation that an average joe only has only small hope of differentiation at a deep deep technical level. I simply see you can say hey why don't we have decentralised voting and governance then he says sure and makes it happen. Even though he was busy coding other features.. He see's something new that could be beneficial like cold staking for super security- not long later bay has it.

Really though I say you must all download the actual bitbay wallet (not the qt the fully functioning bay wallet) and test it out and watch the videos how to use it. I do think there is vast room for improvement on the UI and some of it is complex for the average user but those complex features are just there for those that do need that power. I know they are improving and adapting it constantly. I am looking foward to david finishing the pegging because i know that is a huge and complex piece of work... and adding more of the exciting things he has mentioned.

To me it certainly was the best value project out there and still presents outstanding value compared to dreams and talk fantasy projects out there. Let me say if he wanted to make a dreams and talk white paper he certainly could. Ask him about anything crypto related or that any project has proposed. You will see there is nothing much out there that he can not grasp.

So anyway yeah.... don't just listen to my personal reasons for liking bitbay go and investigate it all in depth and any questions you realise are beyond my scope then david would have no issue answering you in depth. If people investigate it and think its not as good as another project then they must go for the other project. I am always looking around and still don't see any projects better value. That's just my view.

All real projects are worth investigation for sure.

Happy New Year CH.  Busy over the holidays and missed your wonderful and thoughtful  response.  thank you,and yes will post some of my questions to the bay team direct.  Wishing you a huge CH 2018🌝🌝

Thanks very much and I hope you have a great year too in 2018 Smiley

vegito

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:56:00 PM

Thanks for creating the thread. I'm about to make a decision, and the list and comments are of great help for my research.

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC
Technos

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:07:51 PM
Merited by soros017 (2)

I vote for Byteball, sending cryptos via e-mail is game changing. And I'm sure it's just the beginning... DAG capability to scale can open up a range of possibilities.

For me, a coin is all about development, and Tony delivered so far. IMHO, it will not take long until serious investors start coming in.

⚪ Byteball (https://byteball.org/)     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0)          TELEGRAM (https://t.me/byteball)          TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg)          MEDIUM (https://medium.com/byteball)          SLACK (https://slack.byteball.org/)          REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:18:56 PM

Thanks for creating the thread. I'm about to make a decision, and the list and comments are of great help for my research.

Very welcome. In depth research is key before making any jumps.

joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:29:56 PM

Very welcome. In depth research is key before making any jumps.
Correct. if you are planning better to have a lots of idea regarding to such things that you are willing to move forward, this thread will also
give some hint and some factors why people will invest with certain project, hopefully more people who really knows how the industry works
will able to share their prospect coins to invest with.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: