Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:18:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which alts are REAL prospects  ..they exist ..they are coded out ..they are functional  (they are not just dreams and bullshit white papers) and have a REAL usecase...also add your own project so long as it meets the criteria in the first POST. Let's aim
Bitbay - 56 (11.1%)
Blocknet - 45 (8.9%)
Byteball - 110 (21.9%)
PivX - 37 (7.4%)
Komodo - 47 (9.3%)
Sys - 34 (6.8%)
Waves - 92 (18.3%)
Game credits - 19 (3.8%)
Bitshares - 25 (5%)
Ardor - 38 (7.6%)
Total Voters: 321

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE ONLY ALTS THAT ARE REAL PROJECTS HERE !!!!---------CURRENT JULY 2018!! POLL!  (Read 10552 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:45:56 PM

I have another opinion, I didn't choose those coin on that list. I observed a coin which has good progress. The coin is XCPO, for me it will as big as ethereum because the developer of this coin is still active to make their coin price up.

Come on guys it is not a matter of not choosing a coin on this list because you support a different project.

This thread is concerning REAL TIME TESTED PROVEN PROJECTS that have done something significant for themselves.

The project needs to meet the criteria in the OP.

xcpo could very well be interesting but you need to publish why in the context of the criteria in the OP.

altcoinb

Activity: 349
Merit: 132

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:51:34 PM

I have another opinion, I didn't choose those coin on that list. I observed a coin which has good progress. The coin is XCPO, for me it will as big as ethereum because the developer of this coin is still active to make their coin price up.

Come on guys it is not a matter of not choosing a coin on this list because you support a different project.

This thread is concerning REAL TIME TESTED PROVEN PROJECTS that have done something significant for themselves.

xcpo could very well be interesting but you need to publish why in the context of the criteria in the OP.
Nobody knows REAL TIME TESTED PROVEN PROJECTS  Roll Eyes
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:18:41 PM

Nobody knows REAL TIME TESTED PROVEN PROJECTS  Roll Eyes

Can you expand on this comment. I would like to know exactly what you mean? Do you mean that crypto is to young to have time tested projects including btc or something else?

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:03:54 AM

It seems that most of altcoins are dropped by money flow is flowing in bitcoin because people think that they will receive a new coin for next hardfolk. I exchanged my all altcoins to BTC and just keep Ripple and Ethereum.

the last hardforks were hardly worth it though

butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:12:45 PM

I didn't know the results but my immediate choice was Byteball, which happens to be the most popular project on your list currently. What I like the most is the technological breakthrough Byteball is trying to pull off. I don't know whether their blockchain can be sustained in the long run without any significant centralization, but I'm rooting for them one way or the other.
takinz8888

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:20:39 AM

I voted for Waves i am holding waves from past 9 months now its growing its having more potential compare to ethereum but waves platform not used widely and also most of the waves ICo were failed some are only successful . Hope soon waves will take attention of more ICo . Dex is one of the best features inside waves platform. Smiley Smiley
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:24:47 PM

I didn't know the results but my immediate choice was Byteball, which happens to be the most popular project on your list currently. What I like the most is the technological breakthrough Byteball is trying to pull off. I don't know whether their blockchain can be sustained in the long run without any significant centralization, but I'm rooting for them one way or the other.

At its current cap I think that is a wise choice in many ways. Although several great projects remain hidden in the sea of crap on here.

butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:54:31 PM

At its current cap I think that is a wise choice in many ways.
I had no idea about the market cap of Byteball. Just checked it, currently it is ~$73M, which, I agree, is not so large. This, in combination with the relatively high circulating supply (more than 60 percent of the total supply), is what makes this cryptocurrency a really good investment choice.
cryandsmile99t

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:09:19 AM

This thread is very helpful to understand how many people here definite of what an ideal coin.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:08:06 PM

At its current cap I think that is a wise choice in many ways.
I had no idea about the market cap of Byteball. Just checked it, currently it is ~$73M, which, I agree, is not so large. This, in combination with the relatively high circulating supply (more than 60 percent of the total supply), is what makes this cryptocurrency a really good investment choice.

For what it offers compared to other projects and considering their caps it is very cheap.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:57:36 PM

This thread is very helpful to understand how many people here definite of what an ideal coin.

If only more persons would realise this instead of chasing the latest shit scam ICO

neatworld

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:17:58 PM
Merited by cryptohunter (1)

If only more persons would realise this instead of chasing the latest shit scam ICO

Fully agree with you. But realistically, how are newer investors ever going to learn about these coins if what they offer is just not being adequately shared, promoted and straight out advertised?
Most people come into crypto because of a coin they have heard about. That's how the money flows. They hear about Bitcoin or Ripple or Tron or Ethereum and they decide to invest a little. Or they hear about an ICO that promises to make them rich and they decide to invest. I think it's safe to say that for every new investor who is bothering to read threads on this board, there are easily 100 others who don't even know this resource exists. So what are these real projects doing to get to these investors? I fully understand the sentiment that real projects shouldn't need to reduce themselves to the tactics of those shit scam ICOs. But if the only people really hearing about them are on Bitcointalk, then they're really just preaching to the choir here.

This thread is an excellent starting point but until more people start to mention the alts on your poll then it remains primarily that... a starting point.
moonriver

Activity: 392
Merit: 152

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:48:00 AM

Ardor is certainly a real project.
It has been here for a long time and make lots of progresses since the beginning.
It should be a top 20 coin in the future. Actually I am really surprised that it is not one already.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:44:26 PM

Fully agree with you. But realistically, how are newer investors ever going to learn about these coins if what they offer is just not being adequately shared, promoted and straight out advertised?
Most people come into crypto because of a coin they have heard about. That's how the money flows. They hear about Bitcoin or Ripple or Tron or Ethereum and they decide to invest a little. Or they hear about an ICO that promises to make them rich and they decide to invest. I think it's safe to say that for every new investor who is bothering to read threads on this board, there are easily 100 others who don't even know this resource exists. So what are these real projects doing to get to these investors? I fully understand the sentiment that real projects shouldn't need to reduce themselves to the tactics of those shit scam ICOs. But if the only people really hearing about them are on Bitcointalk, then they're really just preaching to the choir here.

This thread is an excellent starting point but until more people start to mention the alts on your poll then it remains primarily that... a starting point.

This is of course 100% correct.
The main issue with new accounts is that they post instead of read only. The shear volume of new accounts is an issue if you have 1000's of new accounts posting the volume is such that older accounts (those that can share information of worth) are drown out.

Also new accounts are used by icos as puppets to spam their projects to this same end to drown out the valuable projects of proven real worth.

I have proposed before that only merit 50 and above should be able to start new threads and even then they should be limited to posting on the main boards to 1 or 2 posts per day.

This board was a great tool for new users a couple of years ago ... now it it is just a pit fall of snares and crap to lose their btc before they get started

neatworld

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:50:40 PM

Very, very true. There seems to be an influx of bots lately posting crap along the lines of "great project, exceptional team, magical logo/website" Roll Eyes on every single discussion. Like you said, it really drowns out the actual content that's worth reading.

To go back to the original discussion - I wonder if it would be possible for the community managers of these undervalued projects to start new threads on the Altcoin Discussion forum when they come on to share important updates on the ANN pages. For example, when the Byteball Wallet became available on the iOS store, I thought that was pretty significant, since Apple are notoriously strict. This is exciting information - an actual working product, available in the Apple Store. Surely that would generate more interest in the project.  If someone had posted about it on the Altcoin Discussion forum, this would have been seen by a lot more readers than just leaving that info in the ANN page, which is basically only read by those who are already aware of the project.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 01:27:52 PM

Very, very true. There seems to be an influx of bots lately posting crap along the lines of "great project, exceptional team, magical logo/website" Roll Eyes on every single discussion. Like you said, it really drowns out the actual content that's worth reading.

To go back to the original discussion - I wonder if it would be possible for the community managers of these undervalued projects to start new threads on the Altcoin Discussion forum when they come on to share important updates on the ANN pages. For example, when the Byteball Wallet became available on the iOS store, I thought that was pretty significant, since Apple are notoriously strict. This is exciting information - an actual working product, available in the Apple Store. Surely that would generate more interest in the project.  If someone had posted about it on the Altcoin Discussion forum, this would have been seen by a lot more readers than just leaving that info in the ANN page, which is basically only read by those who are already aware of the project.

This for sure is a good idea. The problem is the alt main board moves so fast. I would say even 3 mins later the post is on page 2 and sinking fast.

The problem is too many bots and pumpers posting about the latest icos and the same old questions from noobs over and over.

This is why junior boards are essential really as I have suggested in the meta section.

Main news boards for alts should be prevented from clogging up with this stuff.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:44:23 PM

I think Waves has a great potential of becoming the next big thing. I won't go in all the hussle and point out one thing, go do your own research if you want to read. Make up your own mind 

Yes I;ve not really been keeping up with them lately but they are doing well in the poll.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:53:16 PM

317 is not enough

surely from over 1M users a higher % can locate the real projects and vote

Aduhekl

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:02:56 PM

I recommend RIMBIT (RBT). It's an intriguing coin fundamentally the same as RaiBlocks. With Rimbit the affirmations are finished by the network with their wallets all alone PC.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:33:01 PM

I recommend RIMBIT (RBT). It's an intriguing coin fundamentally the same as RaiBlocks. With Rimbit the affirmations are finished by the network with their wallets all alone PC.

Are you sure this project is a similar design to raiblocks?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: