Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:08:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you believe God exists?  (Read 7857 times)
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 06:01:14 PM

BTW, atter or gravitawhich verse in your Christian Bible talks about Dark Mtional lensing? 
Give me the verse or be quiet forever about your imaginary friend who knows as much as it is in front of him.
I will give a little Christian biblical verse that God exists
 1:27 Only let your life be in accordance with the gospel of Christ, so that when I come I see, and when I do not come I hear, that you stand firm in one spirit, and one soul striving for faith that arises from the News The gospel.

this is the 2nd verse of the Christian Bible, Jesus said:

One offspring goes and another comes, but the earth remains. e 1: 5 The sun rises 14, the sun sets, then rushes to the place where it rises again. 1: 6 The wind blows to the south, then turns to the north, it constantly turns, and in its turn the wind returns. 1: 7 All rivers flow into the sea, but the sea is not full; where the river flows, where the river flows always. 1: 8 All things are tedious, so they are not spoken by men; the eyes are not full to see, the ears are not satisfied to hear. 1: 9 What was there will be again, and what has been made will be made again; i have nothing new under the sun 15. 1:10 Is there anything that can be said: "Look, this is new!" But it was there first, long before we were there.

Hmm, that is not what my book of af_newbie says and I quote:

Book of Richard 2:14 "There is no God in any shape or form. Science works, bitches"

You might look for some other evidence to resolve these differences.

Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:59:03 PM

BTW, atter or gravitawhich verse in your Christian Bible talks about Dark Mtional lensing? 
Give me the verse or be quiet forever about your imaginary friend who knows as much as it is in front of him.
 1:27 Only let your life be in accordance with the gospel of Christ, so that when I come I see, and when I do not come I hear, that you stand firm in one spirit, and one soul striving for faith that arises from the News The gospel.

One offspring goes and another comes, but the earth remains. e 1: 5 The sun rises 14, the sun sets, then rushes to the place where it rises again. 1: 6 The wind blows to the south, then turns to the north, it constantly turns, and in its turn the wind returns. 1: 7 All rivers flow into the sea, but the sea is not full; where the river flows, where the river flows always. 1: 8 All things are tedious, so they are not spoken by men; the eyes are not full to see, the ears are not satisfied to hear. 1: 9 What was there will be again, and what has been made will be made again; i have nothing new under the sun 15. 1:10 Is there anything that can be said: "Look, this is new!" But it was there first, long before we were there.

Book of Richard 2:14 "There is no God in any shape or form. Science works, bitches"

Dawkins actually sacrificed himself to Richard to save us all. All hail the true God. I'm so tired of people quoting the bible, they don't even realize how stupid it is.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
sinchang

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:11:44 AM

Dawkins actually sacrificed himself to Richard to save us all. All hail the true God. I'm so tired of people quoting the bible, they don't even realize how stupid it is.
[/quote]
Know O intelligent people, actually Rob you who created you from the beginning did not exist and have educated you with His favors are (Allah) Rob of the universe. And the people of their understanding believe in the Most High [[2]], they do not see Him with their eyes, but they have seen evidence that shows His existence, and that He is the Creator Who Takes Care of all there are, they know him with the evidence.

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 12:40:34 PM

Know O intelligent people, actually Rob you who created you from the beginning did not exist and have educated you with His favors are (Allah) Rob of the universe. And the people of their understanding believe in the Most High [[2]], they do not see Him with their eyes, but they have seen evidence that shows His existence, and that He is the Creator Who Takes Care of all there are, they know him with the evidence.

I am assuming you are a Muslim.  So here it is.

Quran 5:90 - it says drinking alcohol is work of Satan and it is strictly forbidden
Quran 47:15 - why did Allah (I mean Satan) create rivers full of wine in heaven?

You guys should admit that people who wrote these books were not very intelligent to even cross reference what they wrote, then we can move on past these books and work together to better humanity.

Earth is not flat, it rotates on its axis and orbits the Sun.  Put those books away, or burn them and take responsibility for your life.  Enjoy it, you only got one life to live so make most of it.

sinchang

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 01:54:00 PM

Quran 5:90 - it says drinking alcohol is work of Satan and it is strictly forbidden
Quran 47:15 - why did Allah (I mean Satan) create rivers full of wine in heaven?

You guys should admit that people who wrote these books were not very intelligent to even cross reference what they wrote, then we can move on past these books and work together to better humanity.

Earth is not flat, it rotates on its axis and orbits the Sun.  Put those books away, or burn them and take responsibility for your life.  Enjoy it, you only got one life to live so make most of it.

it is true that I am a Muslim therefore I believe that God really exists. You also have the right to say above acting like drinking alcohol is a bad thing like hunting down a demon

So here I do not distinguish between your respective religions.

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 02:15:59 PM

it is true that I am a Muslim therefore I believe that God really exists. You also have the right to say above acting like drinking alcohol is a bad thing like hunting down a demon

Are you sure that is the only thing you do not distinguish?  Do you have any critical thinking skills at all?

I did not say it, your Allah said he created heaven with rivers full of wine then he said that wine is work of Satan.

Just re-read the above Quran verses again.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:34:16 PM

Science works. But if the scientists knew why and how, they would have stopped being scientists long ago, for lack of anything else to discover. So, scientists actually know very little, considering how big the universe is, and how little they can actually do to change it.

This is why many scientists are turning to God, even though many of them call Him Intelligent Design(er) rather than God.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:44:09 PM

Science works. But if the scientists knew why and how, they would have stopped being scientists long ago, for lack of anything else to discover. So, scientists actually know very little, considering how big the universe is, and how little they can actually do to change it.

This is why many scientists are turning to God, even though many of them call Him Intelligent Design(er) rather than God.

Cool

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
sinchang

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 06:46:50 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2018, 06:57:22 AM by sinchang

Are you sure that is the only thing you do not distinguish?  Do you have any critical thinking skills at all?

I did not say it, your Allah said he created heaven with rivers full of wine then he said that wine is work of Satan.

Allah ta'ala says,
أيود أحدكم أن تكون له جنة من نخيل وأعناب تجري من تحتها الأنهار له فيها من كل الثمرات وأصابه الكبر وله ذرية ضعفاء فأصابها إعصار فيه نار فاحترقت كذلك يبين الله لكم الآيات لعلكم تتفكرون
"Is there one of you who wants to have a date and wine garden that flows beneath the rivers; he had in the garden all kinds of fruits, then the old age came to that person while he had young children. Then the garden was blown by a strong wind which contained fire, then it burned. Thus Allah explained His verses to you so that you might think about them. "(Surat al-Baqarah: 266)   
Actually it is not the grapes that obey the devil's work. But the making of the grapes that make alcohol and the devil's works are the ones who drink alcohol.

In Islam Allah forbids drunks like drinking alcohol.

this is what you really say

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 07:31:04 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2018, 08:47:35 AM by af_newbie

Allah ta'ala says,
أيود أحدكم أن تكون له جنة من نخيل وأعناب تجري من تحتها الأنهار له فيها من كل الثمرات وأصابه الكبر وله ذرية ضعفاء فأصابها إعصار فيه نار فاحترقت كذلك يبين الله لكم الآيات لعلكم تتفكرون
"Is there one of you who wants to have a date and wine garden that flows beneath the rivers; he had in the garden all kinds of fruits, then the old age came to that person while he had young children. Then the garden was blown by a strong wind which contained fire, then it burned. Thus Allah explained His verses to you so that you might think about them. "(Surat al-Baqarah: 266)   
Actually it is not the grapes that obey the devil's work. But the making of the grapes that make alcohol and the devil's works are the ones who drink alcohol.

No and no. QURAN 5:90 says
ﭑ ﭒ ﭓ ﭔ ﭕ ﭖ ﭗ ﭘ ﭙ ﭚ ﭛ ﭜ ﭝ ﭞ ﭟ ﭠ
"O you who have believed, indeed, intoxicants, gambling, [sacrificing on] stone alters [to other than Allah ], and divining arrows are but defilement from the work of Satan, so avoid it that you may be successful."

Wine is the work of Satan, not the act of drinking it.

So why the fuck did Allah aka Satan made the rivers full of alcohol in heaven if he forbid Muslims to drink it.

I think you are drunk. Was Allah drunk himself when he wrote these verses?

Of course not.  It was Muhammad who was probably telling his soldiers not to drink because it was affecting their performance. Soldiers asked why not? Muhammad said because wine was the work of Satan and boom 5:90 was born.  Seeing his soldiers disappointed he added 47:15 to promise them rivers full of wine in heaven so that they can drink all they want in heaven. It is heaven after all. LOL.

Commanders who eventually compiled Muhammad sayings into Quran book in 656 or 24 years after his death did not bother to check for consistencies, effectively indirectly saying that Allah is Satan.

percent

Activity: 97
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:43:51 AM

Don't take it too literally. The problems with religions happen when people treat them dogmatically, especially their adherents.
Religions are a lossy data stream from the past, like a humankind-wide dream you can't quite remember.
But it's still data. It's tells us something.

★ HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]
✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes]✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop]✈✈✈
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 02:32:18 PM

Allah ta'ala says,

Set a bowl of fresh-pressed grape juice out on the table for a few hours in a warm climate, and the grape starts to turn into wine all by itself.

Find some grapes on a vine, where the grapes are over-ripe and have started to shrivel. Eat one of them and you will taste the fermentation right in the grape.

Say it right out straight, if grapes are off limits to Muslims. But if they aren't, they will ferment right in your stomach after you eat them. You can't get away from wine if you eat grapes.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 03:35:29 PM

Allah ta'ala says,

Set a bowl of fresh-pressed grape juice out on the table for a few hours in a warm climate, and the grape starts to turn into wine all by itself.

Find some grapes on a vine, where the grapes are over-ripe and have started to shrivel. Eat one of them and you will taste the fermentation right in the grape.

Say it right out straight, if grapes are off limits to Muslims. But if they aren't, they will ferment right in your stomach after you eat them. You can't get away from wine if you eat grapes.

Cool

Exactly.  The wild yeast living on grapes skin was supposedly put there by Allah, the maker of all things. LOL

Looks like Allah was confused about his own creations (or the writers of Quran did not know exactly what makes grapes turn into wine and settled on the "work of Satan" as the "answer")

A more sane explanation is that Quran was hastily assembled into a book by some military leaders who saw disorder among the ranks.
These guys plagiarized the Bible (which in turn was plagiarized from the Egyptian texts) and added few mistakes of their own in the process.

sinchang

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:42:29 PM

Allah ta'ala says,

Cool

Exactly.  The wild yeast living on grapes skin was supposedly put there by Allah, the maker of all things. LOL

Looks like Allah was confused about his own creations (or the writers of Quran did not know exactly what makes grapes turn into wine and settled on the "work of Satan" as the "answer")

A more sane explanation is that Quran was hastily assembled into a book by some military leaders who saw disorder among the ranks.
These guys plagiarized the Bible (which in turn was plagiarized from the Egyptian texts) and added few mistakes of their own in the process.

What I mean above is behavior in the world

Because the situation in heaven is not like this world. The nature of this world for believers is the test and the field to get supplies until the afterlife. Allah SWT decreases so many rules that are obligatory or prohibited. Whoever carries out obligations and leaves haram, will get the pleasure of Allah SWT and be put into His heaven.

Whereas in heaven, it can be said that there are no more rules or shari'ah to do. All become permitted for believers. Something that is forbidden in this world is permissible. Including drinking khamar as you mentioned. Even khamar is available free in heaven on a flowing river.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 03:31:37 PM

Cool

Exactly.  The wild yeast living on grapes skin was supposedly put there by Allah, the maker of all things. LOL

Because the situation in heaven is not like this world. The nature of this world for believers is the test and the field to get supplies until the afterlife. Allah SWT decreases so many rules that are obligatory or prohibited. Whoever carries out obligations and leaves haram, will get the pleasure of Allah SWT and be put into His heaven.

Whereas in heaven, it can be said that there are no more rules or shari'ah to do. All become permitted for believers. Something that is forbidden in this world is permissible. Including drinking khamar as you mentioned. Even khamar is available free in heaven on a flowing river.

So, the question becomes, is it the doing? Or is it faith?

For example. If bad people kidnap a child of some rich parents, why does a police officer rescue the child? Does he do it because he feels sorry for the child? Does he do it because it is his duty? Does he do it for the reward the rich parents offer?

The point is, it isn't the doing that God recognizes as much as the reason for doing it. Why? Because God looks at everything; He looks at the hearts of people. God doesn't need people to rescue kids. He can do it Himself. But He has made this world, as you say, partially as a testing ground for people. So He lets people do what they do as a test on all of the people invloved. But He looks at the hearts/faith of people in the things that they do.

This means that the heavenly position (or the Hell position for those who don't make it to Heaven) is based on faith rather than works. The works are simply the result of faith (except in accidents).

So, what is the proper faith to have, since that is what counts? What do we have faith in? How does it work, this having faith idea or goal?

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 03:52:05 PM

Allah ta'ala says,

Cool

Just stop for a second, you are jumping to human behavior and belief system.  Imagine there were no humans.  Just the two of us on Earth and we found this book with two verses 5:90 and 47:15 in it.  We read it and what conclusions can each of us draw?

Look at the verses again.  What does it say?  Explain each verse in your own words.

Imagine that instead of Quran, you are reading a Mayan text, and forget everything about your culture, all the humans you have ever met and talked to.

CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:09:23 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2018, 04:56:02 PM by CoinCube

There is certainly reason to believe that historically many religions were often formed twisted and warped little more then gross political tools. Nothing has the power to cement control like a bad religion.

I read a study a while back that highlighted  the fact that pagan priests and rulers who sanctioned human sacrifice may have had such motives. The analysis of more than seven dozen Austronesian cultures revealed that the practice of human sacrifices tended to make societies increasingly less egalitarian and eventually gave rise to strict, inherited class systems. The ritual killings helped keep the powerful in power and everyone else in check. I discussed this more here: Pagans and Human Sacrifice.

But is this the entire story or is this simply a manifestation of the human capacity to twist, lie, manipulate and corrupt for power. Are all religious velvet gloves hiding the iron fist of tyranny underneath or is there is something deeper to some of them?

To help make that determination we need to look at religions with a critical eye understanding the historical landscape in which they arose.

The more religions act like political systems favoring control of the powerful over the meek the more suspect we should be. When a religion does the opposite of that when it facilitates the rise of freedom or favors the powerless over the powerful we have something of a conundrum. How could such a belief survive and form when it opposes the powerful? Such inconsistencies warrant further evaluation.

For what it's worth I am firmly in the camp that there is something fundamental and deep in at least some religions.

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 07:01:35 PM

There is certainly reason to believe that historically many religions were often formed twisted and warped little more then gross political tools. Nothing has the power to cement control like a bad religion.

I read a study a while back that highlighted  the fact that pagan priests and rulers who sanctioned human sacrifice may have had such motives. The analysis of more than seven dozen Austronesian cultures revealed that the practice of human sacrifices tended to make societies increasingly less egalitarian and eventually gave rise to strict, inherited class systems. The ritual killings helped keep the powerful in power and everyone else in check. I discussed this more here: Pagans and Human Sacrifice.

But is this the entire story or is this simply a manifestation of the human capacity to twist, lie, manipulate and corrupt for power. Are all religious velvet gloves hiding the iron fist of tyranny underneath or is there is something deeper to some of them?

To help make that determination we need to look at religions with a critical eye understanding the historical landscape in which they arose.

The more religions act like political systems favoring control of the powerful over the meek the more suspect we should be. When a religion does the opposite of that when it facilitates the rise of freedom or favors the powerless over the powerful we have something of a conundrum. How could such a belief survive and form when it opposes the powerful? Such inconsistencies warrant further evaluation.

For what it's worth I am firmly in the camp that there is something fundamental and deep in at least some religions.

Very true.  Almost all religions (maybe with an exception of Buddism and Jainism) formed as political systems to rule over people.
God or other supernatural (entities) were conveniently used as no one to this day can prove or disprove their existence.  We have no evidence that any God (of any kind) exists, but we also have evidence that all religious texts contain scientific mistakes and flat-out historical errors.

What is more powerful than any human king? A supernatural Superman (aka God) who can do whatever he wants and squish any disbeliever like an ant.  This idea was hard to refute in times when those religions were invented.

Fear and reward in the afterlife worked so well that some rulers (like Mohammad and his military commanders) wanted their own version.

If today, some prophet (or political figure) came out with a book that claims his supernatural revelations are from God, he might sell few thousand on Amazon, but generally, people will say: "Nah, we have heard this before, you are a scam artist or you lost your mind".  There are many books on Amazon about supernatural, after-death experiences, UFOs, aliens among us etc.  

Today, people just know better.  Religions exist today only because our parents force us to believe in them at a risk of losing relationships with our family and friends.

dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:38:38 PM

Today, people just know better.  Religions exist today only because our parents force us to believe in them at a risk of losing relationships with our family and friends.

The exuberant irrationality of religion is poignantly manifested in as much as this idea and all it entails, being amongst other things, grandiose, almighty, omnipresent etc., can take preference over, exceed and outdo the full qualitative value and meaning of having someone tangible right in front of you, a fellow human being with all manner of interactions to your avail - completely and utterly startling.

CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:23:23 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2018, 09:46:19 PM by CoinCube

The exuberant irrationality of religion is poignantly manifested in as much as this idea and all it entails, being amongst other things, grandiose, almighty, omnipresent etc., can take preference over, exceed and outdo the full qualitative value and meaning of having someone tangible right in front of you, a fellow human being with all manner of interactions to your avail - completely and utterly startling.

I think dippididodaday inadvertently makes a good case for why you are incorrect about this point af_newbie. I disagree with him only where he describes the phenomenon as irrational as noted in the quote.  He captures well the shear power of religion.

It's not something that is entirely dependent on parent to child  transmission or social networks those those certainly play a role in transmitting and sustaining it.

We have no evidence that any God (of any kind) exists

Many would disagree with you. They would point to the natural world or written tradition as evidence. You would likely challenge that evidence with materialism and a dismissal of the historical accounts as fantasy.

At a minimum, however, if you are logical you must concede the following. We have no evidence God does not exist.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: