Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:40:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you believe God exists?  (Read 7857 times)
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 06:33:59 PM

Never shooting someone to death is never something that keeps a person out of Hell. Shooting a person to death is never something that sends a person to Hell.

There is only one thing that keeps a person out of Hell. Lacking that one thing is the only reason why people go to Hell. What is that one thing? It is believing in Jesus salvation.

Shooting someone, or voluntary sinning in other ways, are all things that wear on Jesus salvation faith. Enough voluntary sinning by a person of faith, may destroy that faith in him. But it is the faith in Jesus salvation, or lack of it, that determines a person's Heaven/Hell final position.

Cool

Well then god is an absolute idiot. How can your brain actually write that and be ok with it? I can kill as many people as I want as long as I accept jesus salvation? Of course I would accept jesus salvation, knowing I'm going to hell if not or jail, why would a murderer not repent? It seems his best choice. God is an idiot.

Seems like you can't read very well. Voluntarily doing evil wears on Jesus salvation faith. In other words, if you truly understand and have Jesus salvation faith, you will stop sinning. At least you will reduce your voluntary sinning to an absolute minimum. In other words, voluntary sinning and Jesus salvation faith are mutually exclusive... after a time.

So, we see again, that you are attempting to cast doubt into the hearts of those who are saved. Why do you do this? You are simply a child of the devil. No animosity against you. Simply pointing out a fact. But you can change if you want...

Cool

Bible clearly states that anyone can repent, therefore someone who killed 10.000 people can still go to heaven, taking away the freedom of 10.000 people means nothing to god as long as you repent, which is insane.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 07:18:03 PM

Never shooting someone to death is never something that keeps a person out of Hell. Shooting a person to death is never something that sends a person to Hell.

There is only one thing that keeps a person out of Hell. Lacking that one thing is the only reason why people go to Hell. What is that one thing? It is believing in Jesus salvation.

Shooting someone, or voluntary sinning in other ways, are all things that wear on Jesus salvation faith. Enough voluntary sinning by a person of faith, may destroy that faith in him. But it is the faith in Jesus salvation, or lack of it, that determines a person's Heaven/Hell final position.

Cool

Well then god is an absolute idiot. How can your brain actually write that and be ok with it? I can kill as many people as I want as long as I accept jesus salvation? Of course I would accept jesus salvation, knowing I'm going to hell if not or jail, why would a murderer not repent? It seems his best choice. God is an idiot.

Seems like you can't read very well. Voluntarily doing evil wears on Jesus salvation faith. In other words, if you truly understand and have Jesus salvation faith, you will stop sinning. At least you will reduce your voluntary sinning to an absolute minimum. In other words, voluntary sinning and Jesus salvation faith are mutually exclusive... after a time.

So, we see again, that you are attempting to cast doubt into the hearts of those who are saved. Why do you do this? You are simply a child of the devil. No animosity against you. Simply pointing out a fact. But you can change if you want...

Cool

Bible clearly states that anyone can repent, therefore someone who killed 10.000 people can still go to heaven, taking away the freedom of 10.000 people means nothing to god as long as you repent, which is insane.

God of the Bible is a psychopath who recommends genocide, murder, rape, slavery etc.

It is no surprise he would welcome other psychopaths in heaven.

God killed a lot more than 10,000 innocent people in the time it took me to write posts in this thread.

ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 07:54:46 PM

God of the Bible is a psychopath who recommends genocide, murder, rape, slavery etc.

God killed a lot more than 10,000 innocent people in the time it took me to write posts in this thread.

From my limited understanding of Christianity, God killed the wicked people. We don't have much information to claim these people were "innocent", for all we know, they were murderers and rapists themselves.

We are looking at information and judging it from one side of the coin.

CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 08:11:34 PM

Your understanding of the Bible is deeply flawed.

I recommend the following book should you desire to understand the Bible whose verses trigger you so. Or continue in ignorance at your discretion.

https://www.amazon.com/Rational-Bible-Exodus-Dennis-Prager/dp/1621577724

A national bestseller!

Why do so many people think the Bible, the most influential book in world history, is outdated? Why do our friends and neighbors – and sometimes we ourselves – dismiss the Bible as irrelevant, irrational, immoral, or all of these things? This explanation of the Book of Exodus, the second book of the Bible, will demonstrate that the Bible is not only powerfully relevant to today’s issues, but completely consistent with rational thought.

Do you think the Bible permitted the trans-Atlantic slave trade? You won’t after reading this book.

Do you struggle to love your parents? If you do, you need this book.

Do you doubt the existence of God because belief in God is “irrational?” This book will give you reason after reason to rethink your doubts.

The title of this commentary is, “The Rational Bible” because its approach is entirely reason-based. The reader is never asked to accept anything on faith alone. As Prager says, “If something I write does not make rational sense, I have not done my job.”

The Rational Bible is the fruit of Dennis Prager’s forty years of teaching the Bible to people of every faith, and no faith. On virtually every page, you will discover how the text relates to the contemporary world and to your life.

His goal: to change your mind – and then change your life.

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 3516

born once atheist

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 09:27:37 PM

Dennis Prager eh?...let's see now....
My 1st search and this comes up.
Yeah, he seems legit... LOL

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 09:41:40 PM

From my limited understanding of Christianity, God killed the wicked people. We don't have much information to claim these people were "innocent", for all we know, they were murderers and rapists themselves.

We are looking at information and judging it from one side of the coin.

Babies are born with genetic disorders, open spines, and other birth defects.  Subsequently, little babies die.  God watches from above.

Were they wicked?

6 million Jews (God's chosen people) died in the WWII, most were slaughtered in the concentration camps run by the Christians ("God mit uns" guys).

Were they wicked?

On Saturday, Nov 1, 1755 (Feast of All Saints Day) at 9:40 am in Lisbone, Portugal, when all city was in church, God decided to send an earthquake and level the city.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1755_Lisbon_earthquake

Were ALL these believers wicked?

Just don't get me started on how wise God is.  He is a fucking lunatic to "design" this world.  There is no fucking way this universe was designed by anyone with an IQ higher than 0.  The whole thing is trial and error.  All done by itself with lots of time.

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 09:48:04 PM

I recommend the following book should you desire to understand the Bible whose verses trigger you so. Or continue in ignorance at your discretion.

A national bestseller!

Why do so many people think the Bible, the most influential book in world history, is outdated? Why do our friends and neighbors – and sometimes we ourselves – dismiss the Bible as irrelevant, irrational, immoral, or all of these things? This explanation of the Book of Exodus, the second book of the Bible, will demonstrate that the Bible is not only powerfully relevant to today’s issues, but completely consistent with rational thought.

Do you think the Bible permitted the trans-Atlantic slave trade? You won’t after reading this book.

Do you doubt the existence of God because belief in God is “irrational?” This book will give you reason after reason to rethink your doubts.

The title of this commentary is, “The Rational Bible” because its approach is entirely reason-based. The reader is never asked to accept anything on faith alone. As Prager says, “If something I write does not make rational sense, I have not done my job.”

The Rational Bible is the fruit of Dennis Prager’s forty years of teaching the Bible to people of every faith, and no faith. On virtually every page, you will discover how the text relates to the contemporary world and to your life.

Can you please stop your narcissistic nonsense?  Leviticus 20:13,...

The laws provided by GOD in the Bible are illegal in today's world.  So you cannot follow it even if you want to.

Do you really want me to give you the fucking verses again, for the 100th time?  Slavery, genocide, killing and more killing.  People who wrote this shit were so primitive that it just blows my mind. 

If people followed the Bible we would be literally having blood running in the streets.

exemplaar

Activity: 978
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 09:55:26 PM

No, wrong.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1%3A31&version=KJV
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+John+1%3A5&version=KJV
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James+1%3A13&version=KJV

Did you watch any testimony yet? Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zClTUoS6FYE

ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 10:07:21 PM

Babies are born with genetic disorders, open spines, and other birth defects.  Subsequently, little babies die.  God watches from above.

Were they wicked?

6 million Jews (God's chosen people) died in the WWII, most were slaughtered in the concentration camps run by the Christians ("God mit uns" guys).

Were they wicked?

On Saturday, Nov 1, 1755 (Feast of All Saints Day) at 9:40 am in Lisbone, Portugal, when all city was in church, God decided to send an earthquake and level the city.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1755_Lisbon_earthquake

Were ALL these believers wicked?

Just don't get me started on how wise God is.  He is a fucking lunatic to "design" this world.  There is no fucking way this universe was designed by anyone with an IQ higher than 0.  The whole thing is trial and error.  All done by itself with lots of time.

We can not blame every death on God.

According to Christianity, evil brought death and suffering into this world. In their theology, all the death and suffering that we see in the modern world is not because of God, it is because of evil.

We only see one side of the coin:

The side of the coin we can observe: Life on this earth
The other side of the coin that is invisible: Life beyond this earth (before birth, after death etc)

Are we to judge God based on seeing one side of the whole picture?

We are like blind men trying to find out what an elephant looks like.

CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 10:28:47 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2018, 10:43:30 PM by CoinCube

Dennis Prager eh?...let's see now....
My 1st search and this comes up.
Yeah, he seems legit... LOL

Yes Dennis Prager was initially opposed to President Trump.
He is also on record as admitting that he was wrong to do so.

Dennis Prager: I was Wrong, Trump is a Great President.
https://conservativepost.com/dennis-prager-i-was-wrong-donald-trump-is-a-great-president/

Why exactly do you feel this makes him illegitimate? The man takes a position and when he realizes he has errored corrects himself and publicly acknowledges the mistake.

sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 10:31:56 PM

Did you watch any testimony yet? Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zClTUoS6FYE
Well I didn't even need the sound on but just had to read the 1st few comments to know its a bunch of happy deluded horseshit.
hey, I wonder if he thinks  the earth is a glass dome covered pancake like certain loonies around here do....

CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 10:36:24 PM

Well I didn't even need the sound on but just had to read the 1st few comments to know its a bunch of happy deluded horseshit.

Ok so you don't think for yourself and let others do that for you.

Got it.

sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 10:47:57 PM

Ok so you don't think for yourself and let others do that for you.

Got it.

no, I do think for myself, that's why I didn't listen to him...got it?

exemplaar

Activity: 978
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 11:05:13 PM

hey, I wonder if he thinks  the earth is a glass dome covered pancake like certain loonies around here do....

Oh, hi mr.knucklehead and no.2 on the list from another thread.  Grin

Why don't you ask him in person and he may give you(or eventually teach you) some lessons...

...Yet another option always remain - DYOR.  

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 11:09:05 PM

A national bestseller!

Can you please stop your narcissistic nonsense?  Leviticus 20:13,...

The laws provided by GOD in the Bible are illegal in today's world.  So you cannot follow it even if you want to.

Do you really want me to give you the fucking verses again, for the 100th time?  Slavery, genocide, killing and more killing.  People who wrote this shit were so primitive that it just blows my mind. 

If people followed the Bible we would be literally having blood running in the streets.

You just can't get it through your head, can you, that O.T. Bible laws were not given to people of today. The laws regarding slavery, genocide, killing and more killing that are listed in the Bible, are for the best benefit of the Bible people to whom they were written. But the basic themes of all those laws are beneficial for all people of all times. They serve to keep people from harm.

If all people followed the Bible, we would have the most peaceful, wonderful world that could ever be imagined. Why? Because the first thing that all people would do is recognize the authority and power and love of God. And He would reward them for that.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Robbie2334

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 05:05:13 PM

I'm a Scientist, have been for most of my life. I have NEVER believed in a supreme being, despite going to Catholic schools my entire life.

I'd like to know.... What is it that compels you to believe in God? How can you argue for his existence? Please bare the following in mind when you answer;

1. There are literally thousands of religions, each of which has members that believe just as firmly as you do, they say they feel a personal connection with God, they have their own religious books and doctrines etc, if you were born in Saudi Arabia, you would be a muslim, in Ireland you would be a protestant, seems like the place you are born denotes your religion, rather than divine intervention. Obviously you can't all be right, so how do you know YOU are.

2. Most religions state that God is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving, all-present and eternal. If this is the case, why are people punished for sins by an all loving God, who predestined them to commit their sins by knowing the future? Why is there bone cancer in Children, and insects that burrow into the eyes of infants making them blind, could an all loving God not have imagined a reality without this? And why is there such overwhelming evidence AGAINST the existence of a creator?

3. Since the scientific era God has slowly receded into the shadows, God used to be held responsible for most things, e.g. people offered sacrifices for good health, prayed for rain, thought that God pulled the sun across the sky, created plagues etc. Now we know he does none of these, and God has been reduced to a "God of the gaps" whereby he is still attributed to things we cannot yet explain with science, doesn't seem very powerful anymore.

I'll try to respond to the major points in this thread attempting to dismantle them.
:
I believe that God exists.
and I cannot explain how I can believe that God exists? because everything about God is beyond my mind,
if I can explain about God, I will not believe anymore if God exists.
so the point is, humans cannot logic about God because of the power of God beyond human reason
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:55:07 AM

I believe that God exists.
and I cannot explain how I can believe that God exists? because everything about God is beyond my mind,
if I can explain about God, I will not believe anymore if God exists.
so the point is, humans cannot logic about God because of the power of God beyond human reason

Well, thanx for enlightening me there, bud.
I just got schooled in logic...  

....not  

DorisHank65

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:34:38 PM

The world could not just happen by chance. A supreme being must have necessitated the existence of the universe and that supreme being can be nothing but God

"nothing but God"?

Describe God for me.

His name describes him. The Great I am. (Self existent) If think of describing how we came to exist you will get to the point of who created who or what, or how "x" thing was created, if you take the science approach "The world was formed from the explosion of a bunch of gasses and so on", so my question is: How did those gasses form? From what?

Do you understand English?  Please describe God, in your own words.
You're funny, I just gave you a hint, as stated above you need to read the Bible to understand since you may misunderstand my words with a short description. But... I can give you a hand with that though. He is loving, merciful, just, firm and drastic when He has to.  

Ok, I am going to try one more time, since you are slightly retarded.

PLEASE DESCRIBE WHAT YOUR GOD LOOKS LIKE!

Man why are you insulting? I'm not insulting you even though you haven't learned to read at your age, your question should have been how do you physically describe God? Then the answer to that question would be: No man has seen God, I'm talking about the God of the Bible BTW. If your point is if you haven't seen it why do you believe in him; my next question for you will be: Can you please describe helium or air?

Yes we can describe Hellium, we can measure it, test/experiment with it. We can't do that with god because... well, let me give you a hint, it's imaginary, like Harry potter, spiderman or Zeus.

The same thing happens with God, you can't see him, however you can perceive his existence, and also test it (we christians don't put God to the test because it is sin). However haven't you seen people with cancer getting cured after a prayer? Cancer is not present in any tests? I can show you a video of a christian inside of his car in flames, the car resulting completely burned also the interior and him getting removed from the vehicle without a single burn and the bible intact, without a single page burned. What else do you want to prove his existence.

How about people with cancer who died despite the fact that their whole congregation prayed for them?

How about people with cancer who got cured without any praying?

You want to test if the Bible or Christians burn in cars?  Just sit in the car with your Bible on your lap, pour gasoline on you and set yourself on fire, oh, yeah, I forgot, pray as much as you want.  You and your bible will burn.  You don't believe me?  Try it.  I dare you.

What you are describing is impossible, I have never seen anyone get cured from cancer minutes after been diagnosed without a prayer. You didn't even asked me to show you the video which proves you are not interested in seeing the truth but in finding a point of discussion. We cannot put the Lord our God to the test.

How many people have you seen growing back a limb after losing one, despite praying? Yeah, check mate.

I have never seen it, you are right on that, I have seen people resurrecting after being dead which is even more impressive, people recovering sight after being blind their whole life. You are just trying to escape the fact you can't disprove these arguments, you can't prove with science how this can happen if there's no God. There's no evolution that can do this, there's no medicine that can do this. You can't explain how the inexplicable can happen.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:39:15 PM

I have never seen it, you are right on that, I have seen people resurrecting after being dead which is even more impressive, people recovering sight after being blind their whole life. You are just trying to escape the fact you can't disprove these arguments, you can't prove with science how this can happen if there's no God. There's no evolution that can do this, there's no medicine that can do this. You can't explain how the inexplicable can happen.

I'm sorry what arguments? You claim to have seen people resurrecting after being dead, can you prove that? The point is simple, if god really does all those miracles then how come no one has ever grown back a limb?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
michaelkelly8798

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:16:30 PM

I'm sorry what arguments? You claim to have seen people resurrecting after being dead, can you prove that? The point is simple, if god really does all those miracles then how come no one has ever grown back a limb?

You can continue to mention the miracles that haven't still happened, that's not a valid argument to say it's not possible though. You asked for proof of people resurrecting, right? Well if I show you the proof will you publicly acknowledge you are wrong about the existence of God and that God actually exists?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: