Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 08:59:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which expedited shipping option would you like to see:
Flat fee Overnight with insurance ($300+) - 31 (23.7%)
Flat fee Two-Day with insurance($200+) - 39 (29.8%)
Flat fee Overnight, no insurance ($150) - 19 (14.5%)
Flat fee Two-Day with no insurance ($99) - 42 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING***  (Read 576754 times)
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 12:15:12 AM

Hi guys - we are really starting to roll here.  We had to make a few adjustments when we actually got our first units in hand in order to deploy a lot of rigs and test them quickly.  As a result of some fast action and capable scripting from a member of the team, we have automated a number of the steps required to evaluate boards quickly and send you more reliable hashpower.

First I'd like to describe some of the behaviors we see on these boards:
-we are calling some boards "end of line" boards.  If you get one of these, it will be labeled "EOL".  For this kind of board, there is a chip in the chain that does not pass control signal.  It has to live as the last card of your rig, but it will hash just fine albeit at a lower total hashrate.  This is the most common problem we are seeing.

-other boards have noise problems that will cause problems for themselves and their neighbors.  We pull these cards out completely.

In order to build full 400G rigs quickly and not block the shipping queue, we will be shipping two 8-card rigs with a minimum spec of 200G each. 

We are also making it easier for users to get their rig on their network.  When you first fire up your rig it will have the IP address: 192.168.1.249.  You can use it that way or if you need to change IP, you can ssh into the rig or direct connect your monitor & keyboard.  As soon as you've logged in (user: pi  pass: raspberry), you will be prompted to change the IP address at that time.  The rPi will reboot after you make the change, and you will find the rig at the new IP address from that point forward.

We've only received the first two shipments from the fab, which is about 55 M-boards and 500 H-boards.  Some number of these H-boards will be bad (not sure what the % is yet, but its relatively low).  We are expecting a double delivery tomorrow morning, and will begin to evaluate those immediately.  Meanwhile, we will ship as many orders as we can fill with the stuff that is ready to go - I'm shooting for 30 orders or so.

More tomorrow.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 12:24:40 AM

Hi guys -

More tomorrow.

thanks for the update! Will starter kits be seeing 35-40ghash total like the punin customers? Also, can you add any info for the basic shipping to canada? its been brought up a few times but i dont think there has been a firm answer

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Ridicuss

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 12:27:14 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2013, 01:05:59 AM by Ridicuss

Hi guys -

More tomorrow.

Way to go Dave! Thanks for staying on top of it.

M

edit: to condense.

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
bkpduke

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 12:34:01 AM

***AUGUST ADDITIONAL STOCK***

I've had a cancellation of (5) 400Gh/s units with August delivery.  These units reside at about the 12th order position.  I will return these items to stock later today.  Buyers of these units will get not only the 400G units, but I will ship them out in the same position in queue.  This means they probably ship on the first day!

I don't plan on breaking them down into starter kits, sorry.

If you are interested in them, watch for the stock count to become available sometime today.  I'll give some time for west coast people to notice this post.

If you tie them up be prepared to pay immediately or they will go back out for sale.

Cheers!
Dave

Dave, if we bought these 400GH/s orders that opened up after cancellations, is there any chance we will ship with the first batch?

Thanks - bkp
mdbssm

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 12:35:31 AM

Hi guys -

More tomorrow.

thanks for the update! Will starter kits be seeing 35-40ghash total like the punin customers? Also, can you add any info for the basic shipping to canada? its been brought up a few times but i dont think there has been a firm answer

Thanks for the update.

While I really appreciate Dave topping up hashrates due to out of low spec boards ... it's too bad that the full kit orders end up paying more $ per GH than the starter kits ($48/GH vs $32/GH). It would be nice if Dave would consider giving the full kit orders a few extra boards beyond what's needed to hit 400 GH/s.
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 12:44:21 AM

Hi guys -

More tomorrow.

Thanks for the update.

While I really appreciate Dave topping up hashrates due to out of low spec boards ... it's too bad that the full kit orders end up paying more $ per GH than the starter kits ($48/GH vs $32/GH). It would be nice if Dave would consider giving the full kit orders a few extra boards beyond what's needed to hit 400 GH/s.
Sounds a bit entitled. hes giving what people ordered and people will still find a way to be unhappy and ask for more. starter kits cant get anymore hcards for august so you have an advantage over them by having more hash power on hand

ok
mdbssm

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 12:46:29 AM

Hi guys -

More tomorrow.

Thanks for the update.

Sounds a bit entitled. hes giving what people ordered and people will still find a way to be unhappy and ask for more. starter kits cant get anymore hcards for august so you have an advantage over them by having more hash power on hand

Not unhappy or whining. Just stating the facts. Starter kits are getting more bang for the buck. That's all.
bkpduke

Activity: 158

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 12:50:38 AM

Hi guys -

More tomorrow.

Thanks for the update.

Not unhappy or whining. Just stating the facts. Starter kits are getting more bang for the buck. That's all.

Deal with it and move on?  Jeesh.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 01:12:25 AM

Hi guys -

More tomorrow.

Thanks for the update.

he said that the 400GH kit would be split as 2 8-board kits (each probably coming with 2 extra boards for hashrate correction), so you are actually getting an m-board and RPi for free if im not mistaken. that sounds better then the lonely extra 15Gh the starters get

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 01:37:42 AM

Hi guys -

More tomorrow.

Thanks for the update.

he said that the 400GH kit would be split as 2 8-board kits (each probably coming with 2 extra boards for hashrate correction), so you are actually getting an m-board and RPi for free if im not mistaken. that sounds better then the lonely extra 15Gh the starters get

Has Dave even confirmed that Starter Kits will be getting an extra H Board?  I know Punin has said that in the EU thread but I don't recall Dave saying the same thing.
tom99

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 01:40:03 AM

Hi guys -

More tomorrow.

Thanks for the update.

Has Dave even confirmed that Starter Kits will be getting an extra H Board?  I know Punin has said that in the EU thread but I don't recall Dave saying the same thing.

I think only for 400Gh/s orders.
mdbssm

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 01:44:46 AM

Hi guys -

More tomorrow.

Thanks for the update.

He did, indirectly, here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251966.msg3019582#msg3019582
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:02:14 AM

We will know soon enough.  The first confirmed shipment was for a starter kit.
arorts

Activity: 408

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:08:34 AM

Has Dave even confirmed that Starter Kits will be getting an extra H Board?  I know Punin has said that in the EU thread but I don't recall Dave saying the same thing.

False. It applies to any order regardless of kit type so that you'll get at least the hashrate that you paid for per as Dave explained before.

Example: in the EU site a guy ordered 2 kits in the same order, one kit for 400 gh and a 25 gh starter kit.
Since he technically bought 2 separate kits and Bitfury can't force him to treat them a single kit, he got: 2 M-boards, 2 H-boards for the 25 Gh/s kit and 21 h-boards for the 400 Gh/s kit (based on whatever true hashrate those boards actually yielded). Hope that clarifies.
tom99

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:23:08 AM

Has Dave even confirmed that Starter Kits will be getting an extra H Board?  I know Punin has said that in the EU thread but I don't recall Dave saying the same thing.

False. It applies to any order regardless of kit type so that you'll get at least the hashrate that you paid for per as Dave explained before.

Example: in the EU site a guy ordered 2 kits in the same order, one kit for 400 gh and a 25 gh starter kit.
Since he technically bought 2 separate kits and Bitfury can't force him to treat them a single kit, he got: 2 M-boards, 2 H-boards for the 25 Gh/s kit and 21 h-boards for the 400 Gh/s kit (based on whatever true hashrate those boards actually yielded). Hope that clarifies.

Maybe start from here did I read it right some buyers get 25Gh/s starter kit with 2 Hboards.

link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=250249.660
arorts

Activity: 408

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:32:34 AM

Maybe start from here did I read it right some buyers get 25Gh/s starter kit with 2 Hboards.

link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=250249.660

Yes. You are not dreaming :p. As I said, 25 Gh/s kits are being delivered with 2 h-boards until they deliver the correct hashrate.
papaminer

Activity: 462

Free World

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 03:10:18 AM

Is it possible to post some pics of the miners before they get shipped out?

or those people who got their miners in EU to post some pics?

It will greatly increase interest of consumers for the product...

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 03:11:39 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=250249.msg3051503#msg3051503

papaminer

Activity: 462

Free World

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 03:12:12 AM

Thank you so much!

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 03:27:02 AM

The goal is to deliver the advertised hashrate.  My approach will be somewhat different than Nikos.  As we evaluate each board, it gets a rating.  For 400 G kits, you will get two rigs that do about 200G (most of the time its higher).  This may take a total of 18 - 20 H-boards. 

For starter kits its actually easier for us to pull out the 25G rated boards and ship those as singles.  I'm less likely to throw two 20G boards at you, since I have a lot of product and a fair number of 25G cards. 

As I explained in the previous post, all rigs may receive a EOL card that has say 10G, plus one or more 20-30G cards that have no problems.  So basically you will get at least what you paid for and possibly more, but I can't guarantee it.

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: