Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:41:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which expedited shipping option would you like to see:
Flat fee Overnight with insurance ($300+) - 31 (23.7%)
Flat fee Two-Day with insurance($200+) - 39 (29.8%)
Flat fee Overnight, no insurance ($150) - 19 (14.5%)
Flat fee Two-Day with no insurance ($99) - 42 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING***  (Read 576754 times)
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 12:36:31 AM

Any price drops on the 400+ GH/s models or introduction of higher GH/s setups (basically an addon master card/board)?
I see they are selling them quite good and overpriced of course. When people are buying them is there any reason prices to be dropped?
The answer is......

I still don't understand why people are paying for overpriced miners to fund bitfury's private farm (currently at 200TH). Remember people: for every miner sold, bitfury adds a couple more to his farm so think twice before ordering. Stupid stupid people.

Honestly the only reason I gave them recent business is to top off my rigs. After that no more purchases as a) they are overpriced b) not as robust as some of the competition (my opinion, yours may vary) c) there is a difficulty storm coming and I want to weather it out before dumping any more money into hardware

As for bitfury adding to their private farm don't you think all the bitcoin ASIC companies are doing that? Why would they not? They all should have their NRE costs paid off and from here on they can get chips at cost. The only reason they are selling hardware to you and me is because they know that YOU and ME will pay for their hardware this way so they don't have to spend one dollar out of their own pockets.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 12:41:24 AM

Any price drops on the 400+ GH/s models or introduction of higher GH/s setups (basically an addon master card/board)?
I see they are selling them quite good and overpriced of course. When people are buying them is there any reason prices to be dropped?
The answer is......

I still don't understand why people are paying for overpriced miners to fund bitfury's private farm (currently at 200TH). Remember people: for every miner sold, bitfury adds a couple more to his farm so think twice before ordering. Stupid stupid people.

Because it's an ASIC miner that ships today.

And do you honestly think that Bitfury doesn't currently have enough funds to support it's own private farm without the few pennies that we add to their coffers?  Lol.  Who's stupid now?

Everything has a reason dude... Just think about it

I hope you're not responding to me.  I just received a 1/2 rig, 1/4 rig and 3 V1 H boards last week.  I happen to think Bitfury and BitMain gear are very reasonably priced at the moment.

An even lower price would be better but I'm not waiting around for that to happen.  I think those who are always complaining about over-priced gear will never be happy enough to make a purchase.  That's why the ASIC vendors just ignore their pleas.  Why try to satisfy a potential customer who will never actually buy your product, right?

+1. when the price drop happened, it was enough for me to justify a small purchase. however, they need to come down another 20% before I go out and buy full rigs.

alternatively, they fix the rPi SD-corrupting issues and ill buy Smiley  its a massive pissoff that i am scared to reboot the unit or otherwise touch it at all when in operation, even if i think a few more GH/s could be had

The sd-corruption issue is likely cause you are not properly shutting the rigs down, not the fault of bitfury and team. Log into the miner issue a "shutdown -h now" command. Wait for all the activity on the Pi to stop - you will notice that just ONE red light is on steady. NOW it is safe to power off the miner.

Another tip is do NOT remove any fans off the miner BEFORE shutting down the miner. Believe it or not the cards still get full power even when the Pi is not sending them any work. Bitfury rigs are built as simple as possible.

Having said that I haven't had one sd card get corrupted since I bought my kits, and it's not like the kits came with ultra high quality sd cards either.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 12:43:33 AM

alternatively, they fix the rPi SD-corrupting issues and ill buy Smiley  its a massive pissoff that i am scared to reboot the unit or otherwise touch it at all when in operation

I don't understand this Sad

Doing a "sudo shutdown -h now" should prevent any possible corruption prior to powering down.

It's right there in the Webgui as well.

I've have had zero issues across 3 rigs now since October. YMMV I suppose  Undecided

Indeed that's the way to do it, but don't forget to WAIT until the system has gone through the shutdown procedure. Don't just issue shutdown -h now and then immediately pull the plug. You have to wait until there is no activity on the PI's indicator/status lights. The one far from the left should be solid red (indicated powered on) and that's it - no other lights should be flashing.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 12:47:20 AM

The answer is......

And do you honestly think that Bitfury doesn't currently have enough funds to support it's own private farm without the few pennies that we add to their coffers?  Lol.  Who's stupid now?

I hope you're not responding to me.  I just received a 1/2 rig, 1/4 rig and 3 V1 H boards last week.  I happen to think Bitfury and BitMain gear are very reasonably priced at the moment.

An even lower price would be better but I'm not waiting around for that to happen.  I think those who are always complaining about over-priced gear will never be happy enough to make a purchase.  That's why the ASIC vendors just ignore their pleas.  Why try to satisfy a potential customer who will never actually buy your product, right?

+1. when the price drop happened, it was enough for me to justify a small purchase. however, they need to come down another 20% before I go out and buy full rigs.

alternatively, they fix the rPi SD-corrupting issues and ill buy Smiley  its a massive pissoff that i am scared to reboot the unit or otherwise touch it at all when in operation, even if i think a few more GH/s could be had

I think people are better off staying away from the full rigs.  They're just too unstable and demand a lot of unnecessary attention.  Go for a half rig... or two.

And as long as you shutdown (sudo shutdown now -h) or reboot (sudo shutdown now -r) properly, you aren't likely to have SD card issues. Also, the new rigs have the updated GUI that has a shutdown button that does the same thing as the Linux shutdown code.

Edit  Oops, took too long to reply.  I see others have given the same advice.   Embarrassed

Just bought another Antminer @ 1.9BTC.  Nice price.

Lol, I swore that I'd let my BTC wallet build up some more funds.  Oh well, might as well add a few more Bitfury boards too.  I have a couple of PSUs that have some wattage to spare.  Then I'll stop (for now).  I promise!   Grin

Indeed 1.90 is a good price, although it may take 2 to 3 months to pay off.  I got me one too just a few minutes ago as I have a spare 550 watt power supply that just begs to be used.

As for full rigs being unstable you are 100% right. I intend to trim mine down to 12 h-card rigs. Even this may be unstable but probably not as unstable as 16 h-cards. I wish they built them a bit better as having to m-board space like this is just plain stupid!

As for stopping  the hardware purchase cycle, I dunno man, I think this is like an addiction or something. Mining hardware is like cocaine for some lol.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 12:48:55 AM

The answer is......

And do you honestly think that Bitfury doesn't currently have enough funds to support it's own private farm without the few pennies that we add to their coffers?  Lol.  Who's stupid now?

I hope you're not responding to me.  I just received a 1/2 rig, 1/4 rig and 3 V1 H boards last week.  I happen to think Bitfury and BitMain gear are very reasonably priced at the moment.

An even lower price would be better but I'm not waiting around for that to happen.  I think those who are always complaining about over-priced gear will never be happy enough to make a purchase.  That's why the ASIC vendors just ignore their pleas.  Why try to satisfy a potential customer who will never actually buy your product, right?

alternatively, they fix the rPi SD-corrupting issues and ill buy Smiley  its a massive pissoff that i am scared to reboot the unit or otherwise touch it at all when in operation, even if i think a few more GH/s could be had

Have you tried an UHS-1 card? I've had great luck with toshiba 16gb UHS1 card. I no longer shutdown -h now with those cards.

That is no long term fix. Why would you not properly shut down? Think about what not shutting down properly does to a regular hard drive. There is nearly constant writes happening to the sd card. Not properly shutting down is asking for trouble, which will come eventually even with overpriced fancy pants class 10 sd cards.

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:52:56 AM

I think the corruption issue is twofold.  I have issued the shutdown -h command but that does little to nothing for keeping a healthy OS on the card for the next boot up. Tons of I/O errors and usually a kick out to kds.

The second issue that I think aids the first is poor media/writing devices.  I have noticed that the imageUSB software never finishes the image verify task without erroring out even with using multiple readers.

I will have to test again when I get different SD cards.  So far have used the Kingston it came with and some PNY I bought as backup.  Neither last for more than 2 shutdowns.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:08:30 AM

The answer is......

Have you tried an UHS-1 card? I've had great luck with toshiba 16gb UHS1 card. I no longer shutdown -h now with those cards.

That is no long term fix. Why would you not properly shut down? Think about what not shutting down properly does to a regular hard drive. There is nearly constant writes happening to the sd card. Not properly shutting down is asking for trouble, which will come eventually even with overpriced fancy pants class 10 sd cards.

a) I solder my own H-cards (4 chips at a time) and it's a PITA to `shutdown -h' now to test a new h-card after soldering 4 more chips

b) I live in a brownout prone area.

c) UHS-1 cards have a far higher write speed, and unless there's a lot of pending writes when the power went out, the fs is automatically  fixed by fsck on the next reboot. With higher write speeds, the chances that the card gets caught with a pending write gets lowered, and my hunch is that it becomes negligibly low with UHS-1 cards. In my experience a really slow class-4 card craps out in  3 - 4 minutes (since the /run/shm/.stat.log is updated a lot at the beginning), no matter how careful I am with doing  a clean shutdown. It's got something to do with the nature of ext-3 fs.

d) I agree it's not a good fix, but its one that's been working fine for me since last 2 months or so. take it for what it is or leave it.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Doff

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:47:37 AM

The answer is......

And do you honestly think that Bitfury doesn't currently have enough funds to support it's own private farm without the few pennies that we add to their coffers?  Lol.  Who's stupid now?

I hope you're not responding to me.  I just received a 1/2 rig, 1/4 rig and 3 V1 H boards last week.  I happen to think Bitfury and BitMain gear are very reasonably priced at the moment.

An even lower price would be better but I'm not waiting around for that to happen.  I think those who are always complaining about over-priced gear will never be happy enough to make a purchase.  That's why the ASIC vendors just ignore their pleas.  Why try to satisfy a potential customer who will never actually buy your product, right?

alternatively, they fix the rPi SD-corrupting issues and ill buy Smiley  its a massive pissoff that i am scared to reboot the unit or otherwise touch it at all when in operation, even if i think a few more GH/s could be had

Have you tried a new RPi klondike? I am using the same SD card from months ago without a hitch. I have 3 Other RPis that run Cgminer that have been running since the release of the RPi. I dont think its something wrong with the Image that's causing it.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:29:12 AM

I think people are better off staying away from the full rigs.  They're just too unstable and demand a lot of unnecessary attention.  Go for a half rig... or two.

And as long as you shutdown (sudo shutdown now -h) or reboot (sudo shutdown now -r) properly, you aren't likely to have SD card issues. Also, the new rigs have the updated GUI that has a shutdown button that does the same thing as the Linux shutdown code.

Edit  Oops, took too long to reply.  I see others have given the same advice.   Embarrassed

Just bought another Antminer @ 1.9BTC.  Nice price.

Lol, I swore that I'd let my BTC wallet build up some more funds.  Oh well, might as well add a few more Bitfury boards too.  I have a couple of PSUs that have some wattage to spare.  Then I'll stop (for now).  I promise!   Grin

Indeed 1.90 is a good price, although it may take 2 to 3 months to pay off.  I got me one too just a few minutes ago as I have a spare 550 watt power supply that just begs to be used.

As for full rigs being unstable you are 100% right. I intend to trim mine down to 12 h-card rigs. Even this may be unstable but probably not as unstable as 16 h-cards. I wish they built them a bit better as having to m-board space like this is just plain stupid!

As for stopping  the hardware purchase cycle, I dunno man, I think this is like an addiction or something. Mining hardware is like cocaine for some lol.

Cocaine?  More like heroin, lol!

I just bought 5 more V.1 H boards from BFSB (they're a bit cheaper at the moment with the Euro exchange rate) and 5 more V.2 H boards from MBP.  Ok, I swear that's absolutely that last bit of hashing power for at least another month.  Maybe my Monarchs will be delivered by then.  Nah, probably not, but a man can dream.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:36:58 AM

Question to MBP about volume discount for H-card

a) Are there any upcoming discount for V1 H-cards? The price at the EU store is E 250 (~$338) without any discounts.

b) Will you re-instate volume discounts for H-cards?

Thanks

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:57:41 PM

Anyone know where I can get a new one of these PCI-e to Screw Terminal adapters?
Or where I can get the lugs that attach and are crimpted to the wires so I can make it myself?

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:11:00 PM

Anyone know where I can get a new one of these PCI-e to Screw Terminal adapters?
Or where I can get the lugs that attach and are crimpted to the wires so I can make it myself?

Additionally, is it kosher to have both PCIe connectors hooked up, in addition to these two screw terminals, if we want to ensure our rigs are getting all the juice they require ?

Read: Is having 4 power sources going to the M-Board going to cause it to melt ?

Would be interested in picking up a few of these cables as well.
Morblias

Activity: 576
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:39:02 PM

I might be wrong, but I thought I read way back when that Dave was having Cablez make those adapters?

Edit - nevermind, I guess he just made the prototype of it.

Meantime for powering your rigs from an ATX PSU, Cablez was nice enough to whip up this proto on a Sunday afternoon.  http://imgur.com/a/CoAO4

I will get them made locally so Yvonne can pick them up.  Alternatively, we may ship the raw materials in a kitted form (crimp pins require a special tool, so we would do that part), depends on time...

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:18:16 PM

Additionally, is it kosher to have both PCIe connectors hooked up, in addition to these two screw terminals, if we want to ensure our rigs are getting all the juice they require ?

Read: Is having 4 power sources going to the M-Board going to cause it to melt ?

I have to. Melted 2 pci-e cables. Need to distribute the load better. One of these adapters was the latest casualty. Running 14 boards at 460 GH/s.
Keefe

Activity: 681
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:37:42 PM

You should not connect more than one PSU to the same rig, because they will fight each other. But there's no harm connecting a single PSU to a rig with as many connections (screw, PCIe, etc) as you want, the more the better within reason. I highly recommend using four 6+2-pin or 8-pin PCIe power cables from your PSU for a full rig. 6-pin PCIe power cables may use the same wire gauge and connector quality, but may not have the best connections inside the PSU or may be too limited by any per-rail OCP. If your PSU doesn't have four 6+2-pin/8-pin connectors, it may not be designed to provide as much continuous power to them as you need.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:11:35 PM

I have to. Melted 2 pci-e cables. Need to distribute the load better. One of these adapters was the latest casualty. Running 14 boards at 460 GH/s.

I have 7 boards powered by 2 runs of 14AWG (2*12V and 2*GND) to the screw terminals and am getting ~255GHash. absolutely no cable warmth

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:56:58 PM

OK - Parts -
You will need to get 2x 8" PCI-e 6-pin extension cables.  Despite having absolutely zero need for these previously,I happened to have some sitting around because of the ridiculous amount of stuff I have bought for this hobby.
Then you need 4 lugs, which you can get at Home Depot.  They are in the aisle with the light switches toward the end.  If you don't already have a wire stripper/crimp tool you can buy one that has an assortment of lugs in the same package. ($5.45)  This is in the same area.
Small 4" zip ties (not required, but helpful)

The rest is fairly obvious but if you don't have a completed one around to look at:

1. You cut the MALE end off the 6-pin extension cables.
2. Strip the wires so you have about a half inch of exposed wire.
3. On each extension  you have 3 black and 3 Yellow.  Yellow is 12V and Black is ground.  Twist the 3 yellow  together at the ends. 
4. Then do the same for the 3 blacks.  Do not mix black and yellow.
5. Slip the lug over the 3 yellow twisted wires and crimp with your tool or a pair of plyers.
6. Repeat for the 3 black wires.
7. Repeat last two steps for the other extension cable.
8. Final step - take the 2 lugs with the yellow wires and zip tie the wires near the lugs.  Do the same for the black wires.  This is not required but the wires have a mind of their own and it makes it easier to screw them down.

Can someone with more knowledge about this stuff than I please review these steps for accuracy.
I was able to get the materials and build these in about an hour.

I am not responsible if you electrocute your self or blow up your miner.  I am not an EE.
Asinine

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:36:12 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 01:46:28 AM by Asinine

I can't say I have more knowledge.  But, I would be tempted to solder the twisted wires together, crimp them in the terminal, and then tack soldier the exposed end near the screw.  I might use some liquid electrical tape to glue the insulation on the terminal to the wire insulation and some heat shrink or electrical tape on the insulation to help hold the terminal and braid together.  Loose wiring can be a very bad thing when dealing with high amps.

Likewise, I am not a lawyer, a doctor, an engineer, electrical or otherwise, nor the guy responsible if you damage something or yourself playing with fire, electricity, molten metal, etc...
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:02:10 AM

OK - Parts -
You will need to get 2x 8" PCI-e 6-pin extension cables.  Despite having absolutely zero need for these previously,I happened to have some sitting around because of the ridiculous amount of stuff I have bought for this hobby.
Then you need 4 lugs, which you can get at Home Depot.  They are in the aisle with the light switches toward the end.  If you don't already have a wire stripper/crimp tool you can buy one that has an assortment of lugs in the same package. ($5.45)  This is in the same area.
Small 4" zip ties (not required, but helpful)

The rest is fairly obvious but if you don't have a completed one around to look at:

1. You cut the MALE end off the 6-pin extension cables.
2. Strip the wires so you have about a half inch of exposed wire.
3. On each extension  you have 3 black and 3 Yellow.  Yellow is 12V and Black is ground.  Twist the 3 yellow  together at the ends. 
4. Then do the same for the 3 blacks.  Do not mix black and yellow.
5. Slip the lug over the 3 yellow twisted wires and crimp with your tool or a pair of plyers.
6. Repeat for the 3 black wires.
7. Repeat last two steps for the other extension cable.
8. Final step - take the 2 lugs with the yellow wires and zip tie the wires near the lugs.  Do the same for the black wires.  This is not required but the wires have a mind of their own and it makes it easier to screw them down.

Can someone with more knowledge about this stuff than I please review these steps for accuracy.
I was able to get the materials and build these in about an hour.

I am not responsible if you electrocute your self or blow up your miner.  I am not an EE.

You got it.  For the truly paranoid you can solder the twisted end together first but I find crimping the ring terminal afterwards can be hit or miss on making solid connection that won't pull off.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:19:28 AM

Hooked up some of these last night.  My October rig has been happily hashing (stable) at 598+ noncerate.
I also made some for my January rig. Unfortunately, running more power to the m-board doesn't heal dead chips  Tongue

I have 4 ring terminals on each screw. I'm using 4 of these for a rig:

Don't you lose most of the benefit of distributing the load across many more wires if you don't use all 6 wires from each PCIe connector?  Your photo looks like you're only using one + and one GND from the PCIe connector.

No, each splice has three 18 gauge wires (with extra thick insulation) from the PCIe plug on one end and one 12 gauge wire on the other end.

Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: